Bring Me The Book

My Favorite Authornim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No.” Lisa replied, and Chaeyoung snapped, “NO!!” at the same time.

Hyeri rolled her eyes.

“I’m not wasting my time in a mall, going around every here and there pointlessly. I hate being unproductive.” Lisa folded her arms, with a finger casually adjusted on her glasses.

Chaeyoung on the other hand, scanning her eyes at the customer from head to toe, and back again to head, taking a long pause right in the eye. She knew exactly what color Lisa’s eyes had. Dark brown.

Beautiful. My favorite.

“We just want to take a responsibility, Miss..” Hyeri sighed. “We really are sorry about such inconvenience..”

Lisa read the time of her watch on wrist, knowing that she and Jisoo had been already late for ten minutes ago. Should I accept this offer? But then she remembered about the goddamn book.

“Just, know what, forget about my pants. I need you to look this book for me, the latest edition of–“

Hyeri and Lisa practically were leaving Chaeyoung alone, as they walked their direction to the shelves in another corridor. Hyeri was giving her best to save The Vault’s image. But, sadly, the certain book was no available.

“I really am wasting my time here..” Lisa shook her head in disbelief.

“Our supplier will drop the new orders this evening, Miss. You may come back later.” Hyeri smiled, um, to herself, since Lisa return her smile with a sarcastic look.

“Yeah, sure. Don’t forget you owe me a cup of coffee.”

“Why on Earth there are freak people like you existed.” Chaeyoung muttered under her breath, but loud enough for Lisa to hear it.

“As much as I appreciate your honesty, I’ll post my opinion about this tiresome experience online rather than submit it inside the box of customer care.” Lisa shrugged, making her grand exit to the door.

“W-what?” Hyeri cleared . “Yah Chaeyoung, is she going to write a bad article about this place??”

Chaeyoung shook her head slowly. “... NO! NO!!”

Racing up the wide staircase (since The Vault located in more likely a basement place), Chaeyoung was chasing the quick pace Lisa, but then she barreled through the double doors and smacked right into a wall. Stumbling backward, her arms whirled in the air, and her long hair flew in front of her face, covering any sight of her eyes could see. She was going down, and there was no stopping it. Visions of broken necks danced in Chaeyoung’s head, but then–

–something strong and hard went around her waist, stopping her free fall. A second later she was pressed against the wall.

The wall was strangely warm. It chuckled – or gasped?

“Tsk,” a deep voice heard. “You okay?”

The wall was so not a wall. It was a person. Chaeyoung’s heart stopped and for a frightening second, pressure hit down on her chest and she couldn’t move or think. Air punched from her lungs in a painful rush as tingles spread up the back of her neck.

“Hey,” the voice softened, added with concern. “Are you okay?”

Chaeyoung forced herself to take a deep breath, to just breathe. She needed to breathe.

Two fingers pressed under her chin, forcing her head up. Startling, the familiar dark brown eyes framed with thick, black lashes fixed on Chaeyoung’s. A pair of eyes reminded Chaeyoung of chocolate ice cream, smooth, creamy, appetizing, and melting.

A girl was holding her. She was pressed against her, thigh to thigh, her chest to hers. Chaeyoung inhaled the light scent of cologne. Wow. It smelled good and expensive, easily blowing her mind, and then–

“Freak. If I’m asking you a question, the nicest thing you can do is answer. Are you okay?”

Anger suddenly rushed through Chaeyoung, pushing away the old panic and confusion. She latched onto it desperately and found her voice. “Let. Go. Of. Me.”

The girl immediately dropped her arm. Unprepared for the sudden loss of support, Chaeyoung swayed to the side, catching herself before she tripped over her heels. She pushed the thick strands of hair out of her face and finally got a better look at the Brown Eyes.

Every inch of her face looked so much, much, much different without a pair of that stupid squared glass in front of her eyes.

, , .

She was gorgeous in all the ways that made girls do stupid things. She was much prettier than Chaeyoung imagined, slim perfection at the waist. High cheekbones and wide, expressive lips completed the package created for girls to drool over.

“Where are your glasses?”

“You step on them.”

“W-what?” Chaeyoung looked down on her feet, and yeah, she actually was crushing the glasses. “... I’m sorry.”

“God.. What sins have I done to you..” Lisa bent over and picked up a broken thick frame of her glasses. Her long brown hair, matched perfectly with her eyes, fell over her forehead and as she straightened, she brushed them away. She did it casually.

“I know I’ve been saying sorry in hundredth times, but it’s totally okay if you’re not forgiving me in any case.” Chaeyoung bowed in ninety degrees in front of Lisa.

“You owe me four things, Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung’s heart jumped. “How do you know my name?”

Lisa answered with a chin pointed at Chaeyoung’s nametag.

“Oh.”

“Listen, you better remember them all. First, my new glasses. Second, a pair of white pants. Third, a cup of morning coffee. Fourth, a proper apologize.”

Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow. “Why does my apology come last?”

“I always save the best for last.”

 

Three hours later at Seoul University

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter