self-doubts

Chasing fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes, I wonder if I’m the only feeling this way… being in your early twenties and feeling as if you’re carrying all the pressure of the world. The pressure to succeed and have it all together by twenty-five… As much as you want to work in making your dreams come true, the fear of missing out settles down and so does self-doubt. What if it’s not the right path? What if it doesn’t work out? What if I’m just wasting my time?

I don’t think Jennie ever felt any sort of self-doubts and I wonder what it feels like to be confident about your dreams or about your future.

“Just do it, either it works or not” I remember her telling me. “You don’t want to live with the regret later, that you didn’t even try”

Jennie’s practical and her advices are always harsh and sincere. She’s the friend that tells you want you need to hear and not what you want to hear.

She’s the kind of friend everyone needs. Trust me when I say I can recall every single time she helped us in situations with we thought we couldn’t get out. To Jennie, nothing is impossible.

I get out of the shower and out of train of thoughts as I get ready for another week. We’re Monday today and I like to think that I am, one of the luckiest people, my work being my passion, dancing. The thought of working as a dance mentor was never really in my plans. I used to work in a coffee shop, and I didn’t get much time to practice my dancing. Jennie suggested that I teach dancing as it will allow me to constantly improve myself as well and she was right. I spent most of my days in the dance studio at my university.

I head out of the room and grab the cup of coffee left by Jennie as I head out of condominium complex. We live in the heart of Seoul city and it’s both a blessing and a curse. Of course, the extensive transportation system is amazing, and do I even need to mention the vast entertainment options? But living in a big city is also comes with its disadvantages such as high cost, noise pollution, big crowds and having to keep up with everything. Seoul is the 3rd city with the highest number of burnouts and 1st when it comes to suicide rates. Despite it all, I don’t see myself living anywhere else. After all, there’s no such a thing as a perfect place. 

I kind of got used to Seoul city, the coffee shops are pretty, there’s plenty of museum and so much more. 

As I walk out of my building, I see another moving truck right in front of the next building and I remember what Jennie said; the new neighbour. I put my AirPods on and wonder what kind of people they are. I remember the man from last night and the way his arm and his hands were covered in tattoos. The black tuxedo and the curly black hair, was he a student? a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter