epilogue

Chasing fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie is perhaps the most confident among us and her confidence radiates everywhere. You’d see her and know not to mess with her. I mean, that’s quite the first impression she’s given me. As for Rosé, she’s the sweetest and the purest girl you’d ever come across. I still remember the first time I met her, humming to a melody, her fingers slamming against her guitar; you hear her voice all the time. Even when she’s not around, because you hear it so much, it stays in your mind. I got used to it.

‘‘He said he’d break up if I do that photoshoot’’ Jisoo cries, snapping her neck back as she sighs loudly.

Jisoo is the most energetic and brightest and despite being the oldest, she’s our baby.

‘‘Break up with him’’ Jennie replies, dry and not even bothering to look up from her laptop.

Jisoo is a model. She signed with a modeling agency a couple of months ago and decided to drop out from university to invest all of her time into her modeling career. Jin and Jisoo are high school sweethearts and Jin has been the most supportive boyfriend. He didn’t shame Jisoo when she decided to quit her education, he didn’t quit Jisoo when her family did simply because she decided to pursue a different path. Jisoo’s career was taking off and several contracts were offered to her.

‘‘Jennie’’ Jisoo cries again. ‘‘You know I love him’’ her hands were resting on her face as she let out another sigh.

‘‘Jisoo, it’s your career or him’’ Jennie voices calmly. ‘‘it seems pretty clear to me and besides, does he own your body simply because he’s your boyfriend?’’

We’re sitting out on the balcony; Jennie is writing a business-related paper that’s due in a couple of weeks. She’s a business management major at the most prestigious university of Seoul and Rosé is studying creative writing. Jisoo quit fashion studies last semester and then, there’s me; Lalisa Manoban, attending the school of performing arts as a dance major.

‘‘I agree with Jennie on this’’ I speak as I text Rosé to come home.

We’ve been living together for over a year and I couldn’t be more grateful to have come across them as housemates.

‘‘He said he can’t stand his friends seeing me ’’ Jisoo explains as she takes a sip of her wine. Jisoo rarely drinks wine or any sort of drink that isn’t water. Being a model comes with restrictions and her diet is among the most imp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter