little little

little little

I’m avoiding you, 

In case you hear my pounding heart,

But I can’t hide that I miss you.

 

Minjoo finds it ridiculous that she could miss a person she met every day.

 

Why are you calling Minjoo?”  Yujin asks through the phone, and Minjoo sighs, a part of her not so eager to reveal the truth. 

 

It’s not that I mind but-”

 

“I miss you,” Minjoo admits, and Yujin chuckles.

 

I miss you too,” Yujin replies, and Minjoo wants to climb through the damn phone and kiss her on every inch of her face.

 

“Come over?” Minjoo asks, and Yujin laughs even louder.

 

I left your house an hour ago Min,” Yujin says, and Minjoo can hear the smile on her face.

 

“But I miss you!” Minjoo argues, and Yujin can’t stop laughing at how silly her girlfriend was.

 

I miss you too,” Yujin repeats, and Minjoo sighs.

 

Listen,” Yujin suddenly breaks the brief silence, and Minjoo’s head perks up at Yujin’s inviting tone.

 

Your apartment is rented right?” Yujin asks, and Minjoo nods as if Yujin can see her through the screen.

 

“Yes,” 

 

I’ll pick you up tomorrow,” Yujin says, and Minjoo is confused.

 

“To do what?”

 

You’ll know tomorrow,” Yujin replies, and Minjoo can imagine the smirk on her face.

 

Oh- Yena’s back- bye baby!” 

 

Minjoo is greeted with the dial tone, and she sighs as she takes a seat at the barstool on the island in her apartment.

 

“Why is she asking if this is rented?” 

 

No matter what page you turn to-

In the diary in my mind,

It’s only you-

A secret that only I know.

 

To be dating Ahn Yujin for a series of years, wasn’t the easiest thing to do. It took two years to convince Yujin’s mom that being gay wasn’t the worst thing in the world, and it took four while to normalise them being a couple to all their families and friends.

 

Minjoo- from the first day they met, finds that she is completely obsessed with the younger-

 

It was her honour to say that Yujin was obsessed with her too.

 

They practically grew up together- the two of them meeting in high school, where Minjoo was a closed off and by all means the shyest person in school- and Ahn Yujin the ridiculously loud, with godlike athletic ability, getting paired up for a school wide project together.

 

I think you can tell where the story goes.

 

When every little thing that is you-

Builds up inside of me,

My heart gets more busy

 

The sky dazzles,

As if it doesn’t know the dark night.

 

I can’t sleep at the thought of you.

 

“Hello,” Yujin says with a cheeky grin, and Minjoo quickly wraps her arms around Yujin’s neck, pulling her into a searing kiss, one that was decorated with longing and passion.

 

“Hi,” Minjoo replies briefly before pulling her into another kiss.

 

“I love you- but I need to stop you there,” Yujin says as she places a finger on Minjoo’s lips, stopping her from deepening the kiss,

 

“What?” Minjoo asks, and Yujin steps aside to reveal a woman, who despite being shorter than them, eluded a mature yet the slightest bit dorky look. 

 

“Who?” Minjoo asks, and the woman awkwardly clears , holding put her hand for Minjoo to shake.

 

“I’m Wendy the real estate,” she says with confidence- and Minjoo has to have a double take on Wendy’s words before she can fully register who she was.

 

“Wendy- the real estate- agent,” Wendy repeats, with more clarity this time, and Minjoo finally shakes her hand, though she could see the pure embarrassment in the estate agent’s eyes.

 

“Why are you here?” Minjoo asks politely, and before Wendy can answer, Yujin beats her to it.

 

“Move in with me?” Yujin asks with an expectant smile on her lips, and Minjoo blinks aimlessly, too many thoughts and far too many butterflies in her stomach preventing her from giving Yujin a straight answer.

 

“I’d rather live with you- then with Yena,” Yujin jokes with a loopy smile on her lips, and Minjoo yanks her into her answer-

 

Yet another kiss.

 

Minjoo pulls away quickly after, to meet Yujin’s shocked expression.

 

“Can you answer all my questions like that?” Yujin asks with a chuckle, and Minjoo turns to Wendy in panic.

 

“I’m sorry- are you homophobic?” Minjoo suddenly asks, and Yujin doesn’t find the necessity to ask such questions, but she doesn’t own Minjoo.

 

“Oh no! Not at all- I’m like- gayer than— uh, like- Spongebob,” Wendy says through gritted teeth, and Minjoo smiles at her in aims to lessen the older woman’s nerves.

 

“Let’s get you a house now shall we?”

 

Give a little little more love

Give a little more time

 

Little things about you,

Are so big to me.

 

“It’s cute,” Minjoo suddenly says while she watches Yujin inspect the bathroom, her eyebrows scrunching together to indicate laser focus on the task at hand.

 

“What is?” Yujin asks, her facial muscles still stagnant in the same expression as she looks back at Minjoo.

 

“The face you make when you’re focused,” Minjoo comments casually as she leans down to peck Yujin on the lips.

 

“What’s up with you and kisses today?” Yujin questions without expecting an answer, grabbing Minjoo’s hand to walk out of the bathroom.

 

“So do you like it?” Yujin asks, and Minjoo chuckles at the redundancy of her girlfriend.

 

“I’ve told you five times already,” 

 

I love it,” Minjoo says, 100% sure of herself.

 

“This is the one,” 

 

The wind blows past my cheeks,

My heart thumps loudest because of you,

It keeps blowing-

You shake up my world.

 

After arranging another meeting for the official handover of the home, Wendy and the couple part ways, the two taking a walk around their future neighbourhood, starting with the local park.

 

The wind gently blew past as they trekked through the autumn leaves, their hands linked together as Minjoo leaned her head on Yujin’s shoulder, enjoying the younger’s homely warmth as a shield against the dry air.

 

“Okay- so we need a colour scheme for the house,” Yujin suggests, and Minjoo nods- remembering the one thing she disliked about their new house.

 

“We have to get rid of that ugly brown wall,” Minjoo says, and Yujin nods in agreement.

 

“I honestly don’t know what they were thinking with that colour,” Yujin vents. “It literally looks like ,” 

 

“I know! I know!” Minjoo nods aggressively, remembering the horrid colour of one room that contrasted with the rest of the house- a dark brown that indeed- looked exactly the colour of the average human dropping.

 

“What will that room be though?” Yujin asks, and Minjoo has an idea of what she wants it to be, but she doesn’t know if she had the guts to say it out loud.

 

“Um- it’s kinda big- so uhhh,” Minjoo stammers, her brain flicking in hopes of answering the question properly. “A nursery?” Minjoo croaks out, and Yujin looks to her, in shock at first, but her lips curve into a smile- and Minjoo doesn’t realise her heart was twisting until the knots came undone.

 

“Yeah,” Yujin replies. “I think the size is good too,”

 

“Alright so we can turn the glass room into a gym right?” Yujin asks, and Minjoo side eyes her in confusion.

 

“I don’t get it- it’s a service apartment! There’s a gym downstairs!” 

 

“You know I don’t like working out in front of random strangers!” Yujin reasons, and Minjoo sighs in defeat.

 

“Alright then- but I get to decorate the lawn,” Minjoo offers, and Yujin nods in agreement.

 

“I guess we have a deal- but hey!” Yujin diverts the topic, taking Minjoo a bit by surprise. “I can’t believe we found an apartment with a lawn!” 

 

“It’s a penthouse apartment,” Minjoo replies. “It should have a little extra something to it,” 

 

“Yeah it’s got a little extra price too,” Yujin deadpans, and Minjoo slaps her back lightly, though a smile was plastered on her lips.

 

“You agreed to buying it!”

 

“You said you loved it!” 

 

“And why did you listen to me?” 

 

“Because I love you,” Yujin says sharply, stopping as she twists her heels to face Minjoo, the intensity of Yujin’s eyes sinking into the older.

 

This feeling is probably love.

 

Love-

 

Love.

 

“I love you too,” 

 

At the feeling of our hands touching,

A pink light fills up my heart-

It drenches my body.

 

My heart is about to overflow,

When I see you-

The tips of my fingers-

There is a lovely light.

 

“Nooooooo!” 

 

“YUJIN! OH MY GOD?” Minjoo can’t stop herself from laughing at the younger, the two of them are on the floor, face to face with everyone’s mortal enemy- IKEA furniture.

 

“How on earth did you fix the sofa on the wrong side?” Minjoo says through strings of laughter, pointing at the alien chair.

 

“The coloured room distracted me!” Yujin places the blame on the inanimate object, causing Minjoo to cackle yet again.

 

“We’ve painted it half way! And you can’t even see it from here! The damn door is closed!” Minjoo argues with the widest smile on her lips, and Yujin falls on her back, laying down on the marble floor of their new home.

 

“It’s me Minjoo- it’s all my fault- this weird looking dude on the manual has possessed me,” Yujin groans as she tosses the manual to the side, where Minjoo gently picks it up.

 

“And they say I’m the clumsy one,” Minjoo teases as she looks at the manual.

 

At the very top, was a photo of two people, next to it being a photo of a singular ‘weird looking dude’ with a cross on it.

 

“I get it Yujin,” Minjoo says as she lays next to Yujin, taking Yujin’s right hand with her left and holding the manual with her right hand.

 

“See this?” Minjoo says, and Yujin looks to the two weird looking dudes on the white sheet.

 

“What?”

 

“It means we need to do this together,” Minjoo says with a dopey smile, and all Yujin can do is roll her eyes.

 

“I can’t believe IKEA has a thing against single people,” Yujin says as she sits up, giving Minjoo a quick kiss before looking back at their mess of a so-called sofa.

 

“Good thing I’m not single,” 

 

Your affectionate habits,

Your flustered words-

They spin around me as if I memorised it.

 

“Shut up Yujin!” Minjoo yells in pure rage as she storms out the door, out to the lawn where she runs off- away from Yujin’s line of sight.

 

“No,” Yujin weeps to herself as she sits on the barstool, looking out the sliding door for any sign of Minjoo.

 

But she was hiding from her.

 

Yujin- for the past 3 months, had secretly been returning to her home, trying to mend their broken relationship the best she could, without Minjoo knowing, so she could spare Minjoo all the worry.

 

The plan sounded melodic on paper, but the outcome- not so much.

 

Yujin’s father, had caught wind of Yujin’s secret visits to the house- and him being the one who kicked Yujin out at the very beginning, did not at all hesitate to do it once more.

 

Though in a more literal sense this time around.

 

Yujin could barely walk without the assistance of crutches, and it would be so for the next few months or so. Though Minjoo, she wasn’t mad because of that- she was more frustrated at the fact that Yujin kept her shenanigans away from her, that she lied about the accident being a major mishap at work.

 

She’s mad that she lied.

 

Yujin drags herself off the stool, grabbing on to her crutches as she hobbled out the sliding door, barely controlling herself as she approaches Minjoo, who was overlooking the city skyline as she sobbed to herself, Yujin desperately wanting to ease the aching in her heart.

 

Jokes on her. She was the one who caused it in the first place.

 

“Minjoo,” Yujin says, breathing heavily as Minjoo clenches her fists around the bar that lined the top of the barrier.

 

“I get it,” Minjoo says bluntly. “You didn’t want me to worry,” Minjoo says, defeated at the situation at hand.

 

“I shouldn’t have lied to you,” Yujin speaks softly.

 

“We’re supposed to be in this together,” Yujin continues, and Minjoo turns around to see the Ahn trembling as she speaks.

 

“I’m sorry,” Yujin admits, taking a large step towards the older- causing the Ahn to lose balance almost immediately, Yujin making matters worse by throwing her crutches to the side, falling straight into Minjoo’s arms.

 

As always.

 

“I’m so sorry Minjoo,” Yujin says between sniffles and piercing regrets. “I’m so sorry,” 

 

“I didn’t want to hurt you- but I hurt you more than I ever wanted to,” 

 

“I am a person- who wants to exist- only for you,”

 

Sometimes, when you tease me-

When you come close,

I cannot even breathe.

 

“Minjoo angel~,” Yujin sings with a ridiculously broad smile on her face, and Minjoo tries to cover her face, but even she herself cannot stop the fits of giggles that leave along with the crowd.

 

“I only know Minjoo~,” Yujin finishes the song as Eunbi ended with the piano, the crowd clapping at the silly performance Yujin put on for Minjoo and them.

 

Mostly Minjoo though.

 

“Seriously Yujin? Performing this on our wedding day?” Minjoo asks as she shakes her head in dismay, though she couldn’t erase the smile off her face.

 

“What? It conveys my feelings perfectly,” Yujin says, though she’s clearly teasing.

 

“I only know Minjoo,” Yujin says with a soft smile.

 

“And I’ll never know anyone else,” Yujin says as she takes her forever seat next to Minjoo, taking her hand.

 

“And I like it that way,” Yujin says as she squeezes her hand. “All the little things to the most microscopic of things,” 

 

“I will only know Minjoo,” Yujin says softly as she rests her head on Yujin’s shoulder enjoying the rest of the day- dedicated all to them.

 

“I’m so glad I’m marrying you,”

 

Our softly met eyes are growing deeper-

When you stay-

Just like this-

By my side.

 

You’re like a statue, who’s coming to me-

You became my everything.

 

Need a little little

Give a little little

Make a little little

 

Let’s make it little by little…

 

“So- do you like it?” Yujin asks with a loopy smile, the toddler in front of her scanning every inch of his new room.

 

“Like it?”

 

“I LOVE IT!” The toddler says as he hops around, his arms spread out wide in excitement.

 

“Thank you!” The boy says as he runs up to hug Yujin and Minjoo.

 

After about 3 years into their relationship, they decided on adopting a kid, after seeing all their friends get their own children- and of course, pestering from Yujin’s mother, who sometimes escaped from her home to come visit the two.

 

And the result, was them bringing Hyungseo into their lives.

 

“I’m glad you do,” Minjoo says with a soft smile on her lips as she crouches to meet his height.

 

“Yeah Minjoo spent like hours trying to pick the colour scheme,” Yujin says, to it seemed more like she was complaining than complementing.

 

“The colour is my favourite!”

 

“Thank you mommy,” Hyunseo says as he cuddles into Minjoo’s embrace, and Minjoo’s breath hitches in surprise at the new name

 

“You’re welcome,” 

 

“Hey! I bought the bed! Thank me too!”

 

I’ll speak softly,

So only you can hear,

We’ve gotten closer-

I wanna keep being with you.

 

“Yujin,” Minjoo says after Yujin successfully reads the plot of Shrek to the 7 year old, singing him some Ariana Grande and finally putting him to sleep.

 

“Yeah?” Yujin answers after a quick yawn.

 

“Do you wanna watch a movie with me?” Minjoo asks softly, and Yujin can’t help but laugh at how sudden Minjoo’s request was.

 

“What movie?” Yujin asks as she takes Minjoo’s hand.

 

“The new star wars?” Minjoo asks with a small smile, guiding Yujin to their living room.

 

“Of course,” Yujin replies with a smile, and they get comfortable on the couch, Minjoo proceeding to turn on the TV, and with a few more clicks, the movie begins.

 

Every short minute and shorter second,

I wanna fill with only you-

 

Yujin falls asleep halfway through the film, and Minjoo expected it- but she’s still happy. 

 

It was strange, that their relationship was built upon the little little things that created the strange foundation that someone named love. From the little teasings Yujin endorses, to the little notes Minjoo would leave for Yujin, to the little child that was asleep in his room.

 

Little things were the foundation of a great love.

 

Proves to say that, Minjoo doesn’t really care about what she does, as long as Yujin was there—

 

This feeling-

 

Is definitely-

 

Love.