Part 2

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your soulmate has passed away!! 

Those words couldn’t stop ringing in Enusook’s ears. Her soulmate, her other half, her sole purpose for living, is lost. That one soul, who made her existence matter was no more. He shared her life with her, he was the reason she looked up to every day no matter how bad the previous day had been, he was her strength, he was the only person she knew how to love and the only person who managed to love her. She always imagined herself to be gone before him, or them leaving this world together, sharing their afterlife just like how they shared this life.

Without him, she was once again that defective piece of soul who would never be complete again, just a lifeless body, just a home for short breaths until the day she would stop breathing altogether. She now understood what it meant to be broken apart from your soul, that constant feeling of completeness was nowhere to be found. Her bony fingers didn’t have his to fill the space in between hers, her face could never be peppered by those soft clumsy feather kisses anymore, her body will never be engulfed in that bone-crushing embrace ever again, and her soul will never alight with those sparks it felt while watching him spare a smile towards her. 

She was still deep in grieving and she was all alone. Their families never really supported them, so they were out of question. It was just him and her, all these years, ever since they found each other. And now after his death, her life will go back to being that lonely place, where days won’t pass quickly enough and nights will never be warm again. 


After giving a thought, she decided that she couldn’t really stay in a place which held so many memories of their life together. It didn’t feel right to stay there when she was left behind. It was torture, to be able to remember moments that took place at every single corner of that house. It was their home, their territory, their safe heaven and she didn't want to stay there alone. She wasn’t used to taking decisions for herself, she wasn’t used to not being able to get his opinion on anything, she wasn’t used to taking such risks about her life. But now that he wasn’t by her side, this was another thing she needed to do. She needed to take reigns of her life and run it the way she can. She was going to fail, oh she was sure of it, but she knew he would appreciate it more than her not fighting the battle. So she did just that, she found out possible options for people like her, and came across the community service designed for people who have been left behind by their soulmates. It was a tough decision and she had never ever shared her life with so many people, so transition from staying with just one person to sharing everything with possibly hundreds of people, was going to be difficult. But Minho wouldn’t like it if she accepted defeat before even going to battle, and she wanted to be angry. Because it was him who promised her he would never let her fight alone, and now he left her behind, forcing her to figure it out on her own, and she wasn’t sure how she was going to get through her remaining life.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter