Part 1

Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soulmates. A concept which suddenly took a chaotic, complex world and made it plain and simpler. Instead of going through multiple broken relationships and having broken, withered hearts, people started to wait for the chosen one. This kept, hearts whole, untouched by unknown feelings, pure for the one your soul desires.

It soothed lonely hearts, the hope that someone is out there waiting just for them, did wonders. People actually started focusing more on their careers, their education, their families, mostly because they didn't have to actively search for love. Government had a database containing entries of all soulmates pairs. And when both parties reach a reasonable age, mostly 24 for both, then they will get a mail notification to be present in court. Here they will meet their soulmate, and they should ideally get married or stay together.

Simple, right? But the real struggle starts here. You envision your soulmate knows what you want. You feel he will come into your normal, dull life and will sweep you up in a whirlwind romance. But in reality, it is the exact opposite. Being soulmate increases expectations from a relationship, it’s not as smooth sailing as it should be. Because the database only finds out who your soul needs, and let’s you meet with them. It doesn’t teach you to respect them, to love them and more importantly, to accept them. The remaining life is still filled with everyday struggles, petty fights and even broken expectations. The only difference is that you don’t let go of each other. You just let the same person be the holder of your heart and you just do anything in your right to make it work. Because no one has more than one soulmate, and this person you are tied to, is supposed to be the best person you could ever ask for.

Once you work out the equation between you though, there won’t be anyone else you feel so connected to. You are soulmates for a reason, there is theis hunger in your heart, your soul that can only ever be fulfilled by this one person. No one else, rather you don’t even think about the possibility of someone else. Why would you when you have someone who calms all your chaos?

Life is life though, as days, months, years pass by, you connect on all those different levels and there isn’t even the tiniest bit of space in your mind, or even your heart for anyone else. But the end is inevitable. What starts must end, and your relationship or life of your soulmate isn’t any exception for that. As I said earlier, soulmates should make life easier, simple, normal, but it all collapses when one bondmate dies. Natural death of a relationship is almost impossible in this world, but death of a soulmate doesn’t finish the relationship, but it does finish the life in the living one. Being taught to love only one person throughout life should have cons, right? Death of your bondmate causes heartache, loss of interest in life, and most of the times increases chances of suicide. Many people don’t know how to continue life without their chosen one by their side, and the few people who do dare to continue living, do it for the sake of not disappointing their bondmate.

As the world created a system to let soulmates meet each other, they created a system to keep all such bondmates under one roof. Every city had community centres which gave shelter to such half pairs of bondmates and that was good for many people. It was better to know someone else going through the same heartbreak as one was going through. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter