Part 2

Synching Heartbeats

“Jinki, what is this?” He finally found himself asking.

 

Jinki blinked his eyes repeatedly, a habit which indicated his nervousness. He closed the door behind them, gesturing to Jonghyun to take a seat on one of the chairs. As he did that, Jinki crouched down in front of him. Jonghyun kept quiet as Jinki took ahold of both his hands, keeping them secure in his own while his eyes stayed locked onto Jonghyun’s.

 

“Remember how I asked you a few days ago what your dream was?” Jonghyun nodded and Jinki continued, “Well, you told me that you don’t like the monotonous homes you found here. You told me how you thought a home should be unique, each suiting perfectly to their owner’s needs, their hobbies and their own wishes. You know how we don’t invest much into feelings, so we never engaged ourselves with these things. But that day, I saw your eyes, you looked so into the idea of having your own place and I wanted to give it to you...”

 

Jonghyun felt his heart warm at the thought of Jinki building all this, keeping every single wish in his mind as he built this place. It was a dream Jonghyun never thought would be fulfilled. And he was now close to tears, “Jinki… Did you build this all by yourself?”

 

Jinki nodded, “Umm, yes. You know it doesn’t usually take long to build houses here, but I spent a lot of time to make sure it was as close as possible to what you wanted to have back on Earth...”

 

Jonghyun wanted to say so many things, he wanted so badly to express his feelings. He had so many questions... 

 

Why would Jinki do this? What was his reason behind doing all of this? He didn’t even need to make this much effort. All of his doubts about Jinki being impervious to the feeling of love; all of his doubts about him being just an experiment for him; all of his doubts about him not fitting into Jinki’s world all went out of his mind as he felt Jinki place the same key from earlier in his palms.

 

Jonghyun looked up into Jinki’s eyes again, tears finally making their way down his cheeks as he asked, “What does this mean? You did all this for me? Why, Jinki?”

 

Jinki moved closer, wiping away the tears and then placing a soft kiss on his wet lips. “What does giving the key to a place mean to you, Jonghyun? I told you, it’s my place and I’m giving you the key… I think you are too brilliant to not understand the meaning.”

 

Jonghyun watched with his mouth open. Did Jinki want them to move in together? There, on that planet, living together is the ultimate decision when two people are matched up, and if Jinki was giving him the key then that meant he wanted to be with Jonghyun… for as long as Jonghyun decided to be with him. 

 

He wanted to ask Jinki many more questions but the other man stood up before he could. He held out his hand for him, waiting as Jonghyun followed his lead and took his hand. 

 

“Let’s go eat something first…” Jinki took him to the kitchen where the table was decorated with wild flowers and little dim lights surrounding a few containers of food.

 

Jonghyun watched as Jinki pulled out a chair for him, and then made his way across the table to take one for himself. Jinki filled his plate with food and gestured for him to eat. Jonghyun started eating first because he knew Jinki didn’t like talking while eating, and even though he had so many things he wanted to talk about, he wanted to get his thoughts together first.

 

****

 

After they were finished with their dinner, Jonghyun finally wanted to talk to Jinki. But apparently he would have to wait a few more minutes as his boyfriend told him that he wanted to finish something before talking. He was left alone in the hall, while Jinki disappeared into what Jonghyun thought must have been a bedroom.

 

He decided that he would use that moment of solitude to gather his thoughts and just think about them . About how they got to this point since starting their relationship. 

 

Getting into a relationship with Jinki wasn’t a decision he made out of the blue. It wasn’t cliched love at first sight for him. On the contrary, Jonghyun hated Jinki’s personality at first. He was angry then because Jinki always laughed at his poor language skills and working with him was torture initially. Mostly because Jinki couldn’t believe that Jonghyun needed more time than himself to grasp certain things. 

 

Jonghyun was getting tired of Jinki’s remarks about how things were too easy and he shouldn’t have taken that much time to get through it. Until one day, he snapped. He screamed at Jinki to shut the up and just stop being for a second. The reaction he received, though, was something he never expected.

 

Jinki looked awed. He then suddenly came closer to Jonghyun and almost touched his cheek.

 

“Hey, your cheeks are red, your voice has reached a frequency which is way off from normal and you are breathing too deeply… Is something happening to you?”

 

Jonghyun was confused with the reaction and replied, “It’s because I’m angry. That’s why I’m shouting and my cheeks are red!”

 

Jinki looked curious now. “Angry? What does that mean?”

 

And that was the day when Jonghyun learnt about how those people didn’t know anything about feelings. It took a lot of patience to teach Jinki about what feelings meant to them. Jinki was too curious about it and even asked Jonghyun if he could someday feel something too. Jonghyun remembered feeling sad for him, because if there was something he really treasured, it was his ability to feel emotions and he couldn’t imagine how he would live if it was stripped away from him. 

 

Days passed and the two got along. Jinki learned to understand that their IQ’s were different and Jonghyun would need time to adapt to everything. He liked teaching the other man about his planet. Jonghyun always had a glint in his eyes whenever he learnt something new and Jinki didn’t understand why he wanted to see him with that light in his eyes forever.

 

Jonghyun was fascinated with the lack of emotions and physical intimacy these people shared. He knew they never engaged in , they had regenerative machines for reproduction. He asked Jinki about it once and he answered that they didn’t believe in any kind of bond between them. For them, everything was about science, genes and facts - a life Jonghyun would never understand. But, somewhere along the way, he had started becoming more interested in the way Jinki’s brain worked rather than the anatomy of the people. 

 

At first he passed it off as curiosity, but then he realised how he would stare longer than necessary at Jinki’s beautiful face. He loved to see him concentrated on his work, his brow furrowed and his lips pouting just a bit. Jinki kept his long hair tied on top of his head most of the time, but one day, he let it down and Jonghyun lost his breath when he found Jinki hunched over a table with his long pink hair flowing freely. He looked extra beautiful that day and Jonghyun decided that he couldn’t ignore his painfully fast heartbeats anymore. 

 

He felt so desperate to just touch Jinki once, but he knew that they always avoided contact. He had noticed how Jinki would carefully avoid anything that involved bodily contact. Like how, while passing books or things like that, he made sure to put them on the table rather than handing them over. One day though, Jonghyun slipped in puddle of water he hadn’t seen on the floor and found himself swept into Jinki’s arms for the very first time. He felt Jinki settle him down on the nearest chair before leaving quickly. When he returned, Jinki apologised for touching him. 

 

He learnt from Jinki that, despite them avoiding contact, there were a few intimate touches that they did share with their match. He told him how he had never been touched by anyone yet, and how he never wanted to touch anyone except his bondmate. This piece of information made Jonghyun even more curious and, when he realised that he was the only one who had touched Jinki and was held by him, he felt his heartbeat speeding up to the highest speed he may have ever encountered. That day, as Jinki explained with pink cheeks how he was waiting to know how it felt to be touched, Jonghyun felt an aching hole inside his heart when he thought about someone else having that perfect being all to themselves.

 

Jonghyun was no idiot, he noticed how that particular incident changed something in them. Somehow they found themselves sneaking glances at each other, taking care of each other and getting closer than they were before. Jinki asked him all sorts of questions about his views on the culture there, about his aspirations and about his dreams. And after a month or so, he was sitting beside him at a place which held all of Jinki’s precious memories. 

 

The place was just a quiet little patch on the ground, covered in unique, colorful wild flowers which could only be found on that planet. Little butterflies fluttered all around them as the sky started to turn a shade of green. The nights on this planet were always green, never black and mornings were sakura. That often made him think along the cheesy lines of Jinki being the sunshine there.  He shook his head at the sappy thought and watched mesmerised as the green started to take over them. In the distance he could hear the stream of water flowing. He was tired and cranky since the morning and Jinki seemed to have understood that something was wrong. He was still moody as Jinki took him out of their lab forcefully and drove them there. But as soon as he took a single look at the place, he felt his frustration slipping away.

 

Speaking of Jinki, he turned towards his side to find Jinki sitting beside him on the ground. His long legs crossed at the ankles. He was resting both his hands behind his back, his head turned upwards, sakura hair flowing with the wind and those beautiful blue eyes closed. He held his breath for a second. Truly, Jinki was so beautiful that he wanted to just keep him locked away, scared that something might happen and this single beautiful aspect of his life would disappear. Just then, Jinki opened his eyes, locking them with his own. 

 

That moment still made Jonghyun smile like an idiot. He couldn’t say what gave him the strength to tell Jinki about his feelings that day, but he was glad that he did. He kept staring at those beautiful eyes for a few more seconds, until Jinki broke eye contact and he found himself mumbling, “You are so beautiful...”

 

That made Jinki snap his head toward him again, his eyes curious and his lips curling into a little smile. 

 

“Do you think so? No one has ever called me that before… ” Jinki replied in what Jonghyun thought was a shy manner.

 

Now or never, he thought. He needed to let his feelings out of his chest. “Yes, I do… I promise I have never encountered anything or anyone as beautiful as you… It makes me want to--” He stopped himself just in time, before he blurted out something embarrassing. 

 

Apparently, Jinki wanted him to blurt those things out, “It makes you want to..?”

 

this , Jonghyun thought. “It makes me want to keep you away from anything that can hurt you.”

 

Jinki’s eyes widened, “You... What are you talking about?”

 

Jonghyun kept his eyes locked onto Jinki’s as he prepared himself to finally confess. “Jinki, I know it’s a lot to take in for you, but I can’t help it anymore. I like you...”

 

“I like you too, Jonghyun, what’s the big deal about that?” Jinki smiled that perfect smile of his that turned his eyes into little half moons and damn, Jonghyun had always liked the moon. 

 

“No Jinki, you don’t understand. You remember how I told you about feelings? How we find someone we want to spend our life with? We don’t check compatibilities, we don’t compare our genes, we just feel. We just know that this person is who we want, and we can’t really explain why we feel that… I feel that for you...”

 

Jinki’s mouth hung open and even though it should have made him look stupid, it made him look cuter in Jonghyun’s eyes. Damn, I’m whipped. 

 

“You... you like me in that way? Like, does your heart beat faster when you see me? And you want to keep me safe? And you, umm, you... want to... you know... touch me?”

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat when Jinki asked about touching. God, he wanted to kiss the breath out of him, but he knew he couldn't. 

 

“Yes, Jinki… Umm, touching can come later, because I know how you avoid it. But the other things, yes! I’m really sorry if I’m making you uncomfortable by saying all this… It’s just... I can’t hide my feelings anymore. It hurts to restrain myself when all I want is to shower you with all the affection I can give.” Jonghyun finished lamely. He hated that he was being so cheesy, but well, Jinki wouldn’t for it, so that was okay.

 

Jinki was silent for a few minutes and Jonghyun started coming up with all sorts of possible scenarios about how Jinki would react. Just when he was going to apologize again, Jinki spoke.

 

“Can I feel it?”

 

“Feel what?”

 

“Your heartbeat. Y-you said, your heart beats faster when I’m near… I want to see that..."

 

A goofy smile crossed Jonghyun's lips. Typical Jinki. Always wanting the proof. So he took Jinki’s hand and placed it on his chest, over where his heart was beating steadily. Jinki looked up in confusion and Jonghyun said, “Smile for me… You’ll see the difference...”

 

And Jinki did… He smiled so prettily and Jonghyun’s heartbeat went wild. Jinki seemed to feel that as he looked in the direction of his hand lying on Jonghyun’s chest. And then, he bit his lip coyly before saying, “I want to try this, Jonghyun… but I don’t know anything about it. I’m at a loss here… and I don’t want to hurt you because of my lack of knowledge ...”

 

Jonghyun couldn’t believe those words. Was Jinki really telling him that he wanted to give them a try? He searched his eyes and found nothing but honesty and he decided, on that day, that he would do everything he could to stay with Jinki.

 

“As long as you want me by your side, I’ll stay...” 

 

That day and that sentence marked the start of their unique relationship. Jonghyun smiled as he remembered how they started with just sweet, caring gestures like Jinki asking little questions about how he felt about certain things. The first few days were blissful and then Jonghyun started craving all the normal things that come with a relationship, things which were not considered normal there, on that planet.

 

They would be walking on the road, taking a stroll at night and he would feel the need to hold Jinki’s hand in his own. Sometimes they would be eating together at his apartment, giggling about something and he would feel like tangling his legs with Jinki’s under the table. Sometimes, they would be working together on something difficult and Jinki would have his serious face on, and he would feel like smothering Jinki in kisses. He craved that physical intimacy. He did get to touch Jinki, but it was a different level of intimacy. For them, patting on head or nuzzling their noses together was considered being overly affectionate, and that one time Jonghyun touched Jinki’s hand out of instinct, he felt everyone’s stares on them and quickly let go, scared of what Jinki’s people might think.

 

Jonghyun wanted to hold Jinki, to kiss him, to just be near him, but he stopped himself multiple times to make sure he wasn’t making Jinki uncomfortable. 

 

Their first kiss happened before they even held hands properly. 

 

Jonghyun remembered it clearly because he was feeling exceptionally needy that day. Jinki had been out of town for work and he hadn’t seen him in over two days.That night, when Jinki finally visited him, he cupped Jonghyun’s cheek, getting closer and he thought he was finally getting a kiss from him. But he was proven wrong when Jinki just nuzzled their noses lovingly before pulling away. But Jonghyun couldn’t stop the little whine that escaped his lips and stopped Jinki.

 

“What’s with that sound? Did I do something bad?” Jinki asked, curious.

 

Jonghyun blushed, but decided that he should just say what was bothering him. “It’s just… When are we gonna kiss?”

 

Jinki gulped. “K-kiss? Umm… You mean, the way your people touch each other?” He asked, his adam’s apple bobbing non stop, probably due to nervousness.

 

Jonghyun pouted, nodding. “Yes. We've been together for a few months now… and... and I crave physical attention… I don’t want to make you uncomfortable but I also want to be closer to you...“

 

Jinki seemed to think for a moment before he came closer to Jonghyun again, “Ummm… You’ll have to show me how it’s done… Because I don’t know what to do, as I have not seen anyone doing it…”

 

Jonghyun’s pout quickly turned into an adorable smile as he slowly cupped his boyfriend’s beautiful face in his hands. He told Jinki to close his eyes and, as he did, Jonghyun moved closer to those tempting lips. 

 

The moment their lips touched, Jinki let out a gasp. 

 

At first, he just kept their lips pressed together; no movements because he wanted to let Jinki relax into it. And then, slowly he pulled away before diving in and pressing little pecks over those plump lips. Jinki seemed to be stunned when Jonghyun pulled away; his eyes were wide and unfocused. Jonghyun chuckled for a moment before he was pulled in by Jinki, the other man imitating Jonghyun’s kiss this time. 

 

When Jinki broke the kiss, he was rewarded with the brightest smile on Jonghyun’s face and he decided then that he would do anything to make sure that smile never faded.

 

“From now on, just tell me what you want and I’ll do it. Without asking for reasons. And, for the record, I like this kiss thing. Don’t mind me if I keep on asking for kisses every single day...”

 

Jonghyun giggled before diving in for another kiss, effectively silencing his boyfriend.

 

****

 

After that first kiss, things went smoothly for them. Jinki tried to learn about everything that was important to Jonghyun and, in turn, Jonghyun did the same for him. He understood that Jinki had some responsibilities to his people and that, no matter what, he shouldn’t come in between that. There were days where Jinki's presence would be required in different parts of town, mostly for healing purposes, and he knew that he couldn’t blame Jinki for missing some of their scheduled time together. The days spent apart only made them spend more time with each other when they finally got the chance. They would spend the whole day in their labs, learning or researching things about different species and their traits, and at night, they would spend their time talking to each other about anything and everything. 

 

Slowly, Jonghyun started realising that he was indeed falling deeper in love with Jinki, and even though Jinki had already made it clear that he couldn't possibly know what love is, he never did anything to hurt Jonghyun. Despite being unaware about the feeling of love, Jinki sure was the most perfect boyfriend he could ever ask for. 

 

And today only further proved that to Jonghyun. 

 

He couldn’t even remember the night he told Jinki about his dream house, and yet, there he was, standing in the middle of it. Speaking of which, he turned his gaze around to take in everything. And each passing second made him realise just how much effort Jinki had put into it. There were photo frames on the walls, mostly of Jonghyun, along with few of Minjung and Gwiboon. Those two girls always had a special place in Jinki’s heart, possibly because of their natural trait of respecting girls. But Jonghyun had seen how Jinki and Taemin took extra care of both girls. Taemin was in few of the frames as well, mostly with the girls. 

 

Jonghyun always questioned if Taemin had a thing for both the girls but, unfortunately for him, they were only interested in each other and were never scared to show it. Jinki always found it amusing. And whatever he knew of was mostly from his impromptu visits to the girls' apartment at the most inappropriate moments. Jonghyun chuckled as he remembered that one instance when Jinki walked in on them having , Minjung almost with Gwiboon attached to her like glue. Gwiboon was frustrated to see Jinki being genuinely curious and wanting to see what they were doing because he wanted to do that with Jonghyun, while Minjung was blushing so hard due to her own . 

 

Jonghyun then received a call from a frustrated Gwiboon, screaming at him to get his Cherry Blossom boyfriend away from her. He remembered how, after coming back to his own apartment, Jinki had tortured him with all sorts of questions until he finally stopped when Jonghyun promised to give him proper lectures about physical intimacy or . 

 

Jonghyun was so busy thinking about all those times he did give Jinki lessons that he didn’t realise his boyfriend was done with whatever he was doing and had made his way back to the hall, where Jonghyun was.

 

He gasped as two pale arms sneaked around his waist before the warm body of his boyfriend pulled him into snug back hug. Jinki nuzzled into his neck, as always making his breath hitch a little. They just stood there in each other’s embrace, Jinki hugging him tightly and their hands intertwined on Jonghyun’s stomach. It was a moment of comfortable silence which Jinki broke when he tightened his grip, kissing Jonghyun’s earlobe before saying, “You haven’t seen our bedroom yet...”

 

Jonghyun chuckled as Jinki turned him around, kissing his temple once before holding his hand and pulling him towards their bedroom. Jonghyun just followed him, excitement and nervousness bubbling in his gut as they went further and crossed the threshold of the room. He was stunned to find a large bed with black silky sheets covering it, facing the door. On one side, a vanity mirror was placed along with a big closet, the other side of the bed had a wall with one big glass window. On the wall facing the bed, just above the door, was a big picture frame, something Jonghyun knew Jinki had drawn. It was their portrait, Jinki with his hair loose, his hands on Jonghyun’s shoulder and both had beautiful smiles on their faces. He felt every single thought leave him as he realised just how happy and safe Jinki made him feel simply by staying beside him. He wanted to keep feeling like this, forever if possible. Jinki’s hands squeezed his own and he turned to him with his eyes pouring nothing but affection. Jinki raised his other hand, knuckles gently running over his cheek. He was always about gentle caresses, soft smiles and a warm voice. 

 

Jonghyun was head over heels in love with the other already, but Jinki’s soft touches always made him feel weak in the knees. It wasn’t the first time Jinki touched him, but there was something different in his eyes this time. Jonghyun couldn’t quite put his finger on it yet, but his heart had started beating wildly as Jinki’s gaze wandered over his face, taking in his every feature before he slowly leaned in. His eyes fell shut without him realising and he hummed in satisfaction when Jinki’s soft lips finally trapped his in a gentle kiss. Jinki was overall a soft person and his kisses always reminded him of warm honey. His hands looped around Jinki’s neck and he gasped as he was pulled even closer by the strong grip on his waist. Soft, warm kisses turned into heated, impatient ones and he started feeling excited at the prospect of getting claimed by this gorgeous man he had loved for so long. 

 

He soon felt himself concentrating on nothing but Jinki’s lips as the kiss turned into a passionate one, Jinki’s tongue probing his, and he was so overwhelmed with feelings that he didn’t put up a fight. Mewling in delight as Jinki’s tongue entered his mouth, claiming it while his hands slowly traveled up and down his back. After a few moments, Jinki pulled away from him and a whine left his lips at the loss of contact. He was rewarded with a hearty chuckle from other and his breath hitched as those same lips now traveled over his cheeks, mapping a path lower towards his defined jaw. Jinki’s soft demeanor had changed into something he had never seen before, but he wasn’t complaining. It had been frustrating to have that gorgeous man all to himself while never being touched by him like that before. But now, all those lessons from Jonghyun, and sometimes Gwiboon, seemed to have made a great impact on Jinki. And really, Jonghyun had waited so long to have Jinki so hot and bothered and passionate. Little pants left his mouth as the other reached below his jaw, kissing, and even leaving little nips which were making him even more breathless. Jinki seemed to be on a mission to mess up his brain and heart. Every little touch was making Jonghyun more sensitive and so so needy. 

 

He gasped as Jinki pulled away, looking into Jonghyun’s eyes for the very first time since this kissing frenzy had started. His blue eyes were blazing with passion, something he had never seen before. He was used to seeing Jinki’s eyes light up when he smiled and focused when he was working, but never passionate. And the fact that he was the one to awaken those feelings made Jonghyun happy. 

 

Jinki cleared his throat, his hands pulling away from Jonghyun’s body as he created some distance between them.

 

“Jonghyun, I-I want to cross all the boundaries between us tonight… Do you... do you think I should? Or if not, I think we should stop and maybe I’ll sleep outside...”

 

His voice was so deep and Jonghyun was having a hard time keeping himself from jumping on him. 

 

“No, Jinki… I-I want it too… So please, don’t keep me waiting anymore…. I want to be as close to you as I possibly can!”

 

He almost squealed as he watched Jinki’s already pink skin turn even pinker. Damn, that guy was too cute for his own good!

 

He chuckled in happiness as Jinki closed the distance between them, pulling him into a hug and Jonghyun jumped up to wrap his legs around the other man. Jinki held him up, securing him in his hold as he took quick but sure steps towards the bed. Jonghyun’s heart ached with love as he was gently placed onto the bed, Jinki hovering above him. He had waited so long to have this lovely man like that. Once they were on the bed, Jinki’s hands effectively trapped Jonghyun’s body. He felt so loved when Jinki stopped everything to just stare at his face. It looked like Jinki couldn’t decide where to look or what to touch first and that made Jonghyun need the other man even more.

 

He cupped other’s face lovingly, before pulling him closer. Just holding him close. His heart was beating too fast, Jinki could feel it. He slowly pulled away from the hug. And they both knew that there would be no turning back now. Jinki started placing loving kisses on his lips. Slow, sensuous and full of feelings, something Jonghyun never thought Jinki was capable of. He wasn’t new to this feeling, he had in the past. He was certainly used to feeling needy, feeling this bothered before. What he wasn’t used to, however, was this desperate need to make his partner feel better, this want to just give his everything to the other. He couldn’t remember feeling that overwhelmed with just the slightest touch, and he knew it was because he loved Jinki.

 

Jinki, too, seemed to be enjoying it. Every touch was setting him on fire. His breathy moans, his possessive grip and his wandering lips were proof of that. Time seemed to slow down as Jonghyun concentrated on every single emotion he was feeling. Jinki was still gentle, but possessive, Jonghyun could feel that. Jinki spent extra time to kiss and nibble on that mole he had in between his collarbones, his fingers opening the shirt Jonghyun was wearing and slipping inside to touch the hot flesh. His s received Jinki’s complete attention when he realised that Jonghyun was sensitive there. 

  

The lights were still on in the room, so Jonghyun was trying to just take everything in and lock it in his memories forever. Like the way Jinki’s blue eyes lit up at the sight of his chest muscles, how Jinki’s pale hands contrasted against his own bronze skin. He observed how each kiss was lovingly laid upon his skin, how Jinki’s hand kept wandering lower to his pants but never quite reached the destination. 

 

And then, suddenly, Jinki stopped. 

 

Jonghyun was confused at first, but then he realised that no matter how much Jinki had heard or read about , he was still new to everything. And when he looked into Jinki’s eyes, he saw the fear of not knowing what to do next. He never wanted Jinki to be scared of anything, so he just pulled him into a hug, calming him down with words of encouragement, letting him know that he was doing well. And when he felt Jinki go soft and pliant against him, he rolled them over, him now on top, with this gorgeous creature beneath him. 

 

Jinki was always beautiful, pleasant to his eyes. And he looked even more breathtaking just lying there, his sakura hair fanned over the pillow, those sinful soft lips swollen and his cheeks pinker than the normal shade. 

 

Leaning down, he whispered, “I got you, baby… ” And he took matters in his own hands. He discarded the shirt Jinki was wearing and then proceeded to love Jinki’s body just as thoroughly as Jinki had done with his. Kissing, nibbling and placing love bites all over the deliciously soft skin. Jinki’s breathy moans and little gasps encouraged him as his hands touched everything his lips couldn’t concentrate on. Jinki’s one hand was grasping the pillow beneath his head while his other held onto Jonghyun’s black locks. Jonghyun smiled as Jinki let out a deliciously loud moan when he touched Jinki’s through his pants. Unable to control himself anymore, he let Jinki know that he was going to remove all the clothes they had on, waiting to receive affirmation before quickly stripping both of them down.

 

As beautiful as Jinki’s face was, his body was exquisite. Jonghyun couldn’t stop staring at him, and when Jinki’s breathless voice told him that he wanted more, Jonghyun decided that it had been enough . Jonghyun didn’t have any problem being the bottom when having and, considering that it was Jinki’s first time, he decided he would be on the bottom until they figured out the positions. Of course, there was no lube, so Jonghyun just had to go with the old fashioned solution. Jinki’s breath hitched as he saw Jonghyun taking two fingers into his own mouth and on them. It shouldn’t have made him feel any more aroused, but it did and he didn’t even know what he was feeling. 

 

He watched in fascination, his hands resting on Jonghyun’s tan sides as he took his fingers out of his mouth, a trail of saliva sliding past his lips and he leaned in to kiss Jonghyun. Kissing his moans and gasps as his fingers breached his entrance. He realised how Jonghyun was fighting hard to keep up with kissing, but as his fingers rocked inside him, it was getting more and more difficult. Jinki let go of his lips, sitting up slowly as he never let his grip on Jonghyun slip. Jonghyun had his eyes closed and the pleasure of what he was doing was evident on that beautiful face of his. Jonghyun’s breath started to stutter and Jinki realised that it was time he replaced those beautiful fingers with himself. 

 

He pinched Jonghyun’s side, momentarily stopping him and pulled his face closer again. But instead of kissing those sinful lips, he just nibbled on Jonghyun’s ear, sending a jolt of arousal through their bodies as he whispered, “Let me have you...”

 

Jonghyun was prepared for everything, he really was, but listening to Jinki say those words just broke him, for good. He had been spoken to and worked with dirty words of passion before, they did get him into the mood, but never like that. Jinki didn’t even utter anything filthy, but he was already turning into a puddle of goo and he wanted nothing more than to give this gorgeous man everything.

 

He squeaked as Jinki turned them both over, lying them down with Jonghyun on his back. Blue eyes oozing with desire, that beautiful face sweating, pink mouth letting out strained breaths and Jonghyun was gone. “Have me, Jinki… I want you to have me...” 

 

He was rewarded with the sweetest kiss possible from Jinki, which calmed his nerves. He felt Jinki pushing a pillow under his and smiled into the kiss - ever so considerate dork. He wanted to close his eyes even after Jinki pulled away from the kiss but Jinki’s deep voice mumbling a breathless, “Watch me…” made him do otherwise. He kept his eyes trained on Jinki, their hands already intertwined, and watched as Jinki slowly guided himself inside Jonghyun with the help of his other hand. Jonghyun’s mouth hung open to let out a moan and he shuddered as Jinki finally buried himself inside completely. He felt the hand that was tangled with his own grip a bit tighter and his eyes started glistening at the feelings of happiness that rushed inside him. His tears finally rolled down as Jinki started moving slowly and he gasped as Jinki’s tears dropped onto his own cheeks, mixing with his as they rolled down. Jinki was crying… It was practically impossible, Jinki wasn’t supposed to feel anything, but there he was… His beautiful blue eyes glossy with tears, his pink lips stretched in a beautiful smile as he kept moving. His smile trailing kisses across Jognhyun’s face. 

 

The moment awakened so many emotions inside him that he just gripped Jinki’s hand again, and before he could stop himself, he whispered, “I love you. Gods, I love you so much Jinki...”

 

He felt Jinki freeze for a mere second before he picked up speed, each roll deliciously firm and his lips never letting Jonghyun speak again. He let himself drown in it and let Jinki do whatever he pleased. He just wanted to take in every emotion, every sound, every touch and never forget any detail about it. He needed it for so long, but he wanted Jinki to do whatever he pleased. He didn’t raise any complaint against how soft or cliched their lovemaking was. He needed it, Jinki needed it. And so he just hugged Jinki close to him, held his hand tighter and let him do the work. 

 

****

 

Jonghyun was always hopeful for a beautiful future. He always worked hard for his dream. His dream which was nothing more than having his own little place with the person he loved, having someone who made him feel like he was needed, being able to love someone more than he ever thought and doing things he never did before. When his life took a turn and he ended up on Ivine, he never thought he would be able to fulfill all those dreams there. 

 

But he did… 

 

The morning after they made love to each other brought so many new things to look forward to for both of them. Jonghyun was awake, feeling empty and cold without Jinki by his side. Through the haze of sleep and the memories of last night, he tried to take a better look at his surroundings. He didn’t get a chance to see their bedroom yesterday, so while he waited for Jinki to come back from wherever he was, he just let his eyes wander over the room. 

 

He felt a smile make its way to his lips as he found a box that looked like television. Trying to find the remote, he excitedly jumped out of bed, fetched the black remote lying on the table and made his way back to the bed. He wasn’t sure why but he was giddy this morning. Though he couldn’t see Jinki after he woke up, he had no doubt in his mind that he would see him eventually. He had that much trust in him, and after the events of last night, he was completely and utterly content with his life.

 

He fumbled with the remote and squealed happily when the television came to life. What he didn’t expect was his boyfriend’s face on the screen. He realised that the video was paused and he pressed start without thinking. The Jinki on the screen gave a very nervous smile and somehow Jonghyun felt this was going to be the most important moment of his life. 

 

Jinki finally stopped smiling, his chubby fingers playing with each other as he tried to start talking. When he finally got the courage and started, Jonghyun tried to tune out everything except Jinki’s voice.

 

“Hey, Jonghyun, I-I don’t know why I think this is a good idea. I was supposed to say these things face to face. But no matter how brave I am, or how brilliant I am, you... you make me helpless, Jjong… So, yeah, I think this should do. I want to tell you so many things, and I feel less scared and more in control when those beautiful mocha eyes are not trapping me.” Jonghyun smiled at the shy smile Jinki gave, his heart was hammering in his chest, this morning seemingly turning into something he was going to remember for a long time.

 

He concentrated on Jinki’s voice again as he heard him chuckling, “Seriously, I never tell you anything. I never told you how excited I was when you came here. I know how long it took to carry out this mission, how desperately we waited for things to turn out in our favor. To start the mission. And when you came here, you were something I never expected. Someone I was pleasantly happy to have with me. All those little fights, all those little adventures and all those moments we spent trapped in that lab of mine were so so precious to me. You taught me about feelings and even though I never experienced anything like love, you bravely told me that you liked me.”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes prickled at the memory of his confession. “Honestly, I wasn't sure how this relationship was going to turn out. I was doubtful whether to keep going or not. Mostly because I knew how important it was for you, and you are important for me. I didn’t know anything about love, but I knew I wanted you in my life for a long time. And believe me when I say this, I wouldn’t have found a better Companion than you. Damn those chromosomes, damn those compatibilities, damn everything, I only want you. And day by day, I want you to keep wanting me.”

 

Jonghyun had never felt so at ease before, he needed to hear Jinki’s thoughts about their relationship. He never forced Jinki to say those words, but he was waiting to know where he stands in Jinki’s life. The Jinki on the screen took a deep breath, and before he could continue talking Jonghyun heard Jinki’s voice calling out to him - real Jinki this time. He wanted to hide the remote, wanted to turn off the television, not wanting to make Jinki feel awkward, but he was too late. 

 

When Jinki reached the bedroom with two mugs of hot coffee, he was surprised to find Jonghyun already awake, eyes glossy and with the television on. Scared, he quickly made a run for it, keeping the mugs on the table and taking the remote from Jonghyun’s hand, switching it off. He slowly took a seat beside Jonghyun, trying to think about the words he needed to start talking. He wanted Jonghyun to look at the complete video, but not now. He was scared of what his reaction might be. His thoughts came to an abrupt stop as soft hands made their way to his own. He looked up to find Jonghyun’s smiling with tears in his eyes and he was quickly pulled into a hug. 

 

“I want to listen to it Jinki, why don’t you tell me yourself? I would appreciate it more with you being in front of me.”

 

Jinki’s hug tightened for a second before he slowly pulled away… He cupped Jonghyun’s face in his hands, placing the softest kiss on his forehead before he held onto both his hands. Jonghyun kept staring at him, knowing this was too important to miss. 

 

“Jonghyun, I don’t know how much you heard, but I want to say some things again. You, baby, are the best thing that has ever happened to me. No amount of research or science would have prepared me to understand what you mean to me. I know our relationship isn’t what you consider normal. We are not perfect, or rather, I am not perfect, but I want to try, for you. I know, you don’t believe I can love you. But I want to tell you what I feel about us, about you.”

 

Jonghyun nodded eagerly, letting Jinki continue. 

 

"I still don’t know what love means… But if it means that I want you to stay in my life and I want you to be happy and I want you to never leave my side... If it means that I feel something beside the drive for my research, or my eagerness for adventures... If it means I want only your fingers to fill the gaps between mine, if it means I want to be the only one to steal your breath through kisses, if it means I want to keep you safe from whatever may hurt you and make sure you smile at least once a day… If this constant warmth when I have you close, this unexplained fear of losing you, these unexplained motions I feel in my stomach when you kiss me, or that scientifically explained hardness of my reproductive organ when we make out… If this is what you call love… then you, Jonghyun, you have finally made me feel it...“

 

Jonghyun hopelessly allowed tears to roll down his cheeks and even held back a chuckle at the mention of Jinki’s , Damn, he loved this dork… 

 

He took a look at Jinki, just taking in everything about the man he never would have met if Earth had not lined up with all the necessary planets on that specific day, making it possible to initiate a mission. This man who he wouldn’t have met if he hadn’t taken that ridiculously difficult exam and all the crazy schedules that came along with it. He had so many doubts about their relationship, but he knew one thing all along, he loved Jinki. And he would do anything to keep him happy. But now that he knew that Jinki loved him back, all the remaining doubts vanished. No more holding back, no more stupid doubts, he was going to love Jinki without any inhibitions from now on. He realised how Jinki was biting his lip nervously, his hands sweating a little and he got up, quickly settling down on Jinki’s lap.

 

“You made me wait so so long, Jinki. I want to punish you so bad… But for now, you made me the happiest person alive. So I’m going to let you me again, maybe multiple times, and then we can talk about your punishment...”

 

Jinki giggled as Jonghyun attacked his face with smooches and felt strange happiness take over him for the first time. 

 

“I love you so much, my cherry blossom….” Jonghyun whispered fondly.

 

He felt giddy and so happy as Jinki’s blue eyes locked with his own, before he replied, “I love you too, Jonghyun. So so much!”

 

And Jonghyun would never ask for proof of Jinki's increased heartbeats, because he was content as long as Jinki’s heart was beating beside his own… 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AN:

This was one of the most fun prompt to work with. I'm really proud of this one and I hope the one who gave me this prompt will like how it turned out. I wanted to write a few more details but didn't get much time, hopefully, I'll expand it in the future if I can.
First of all, I want to thank my friend Vi... It was because of her, I gave into this whole new idea of alien!au... Thank you for pushing me to do this Tanvi. Then, my friend shini, for cheering me up whenever I felt like giving up... And most importantly, my beta - Shanise. You are awesome, I know how much loaded you were but you worked hard to make this fic possible for me. I'm really really thankful to all of you...

I had fun writing this one, and though I was scared of publishing this-I'm proud too... Give it love!!!

-Rachana-