chipotle (intermission).

dipping sauce.

 

The young couple had ventured to a large, open field that overlooked a lake to spend their day off together. To Lisa’s great pleasure, she’d managed to convince the older girl to spend the whole day with her. Chaeyoung had put up a fight at first, though she eventually caved after a particularly heated makeout session at which point Lisa found Chaeyoung highly suggestible.

They lay on a blanket with Lisa sprawled on her back and Chaeyoung resting directly on top of her. The younger girl traces circles on Chaeyoung’s back as she slept soundly, her face buried in her neck. Ever since the day they fought and made up, things have been going a lot smoother for the couple; Chaeyoung no longer had to lie about what and who her plans involved and Lisa didn’t have to worry about Chaeyoung being sketchy and evasive. Lisa was by no means on board with the idea of her girlfriend constantly hanging out with this random guy she didn’t know. She always looked so excited before every meeting with him, but she insists it’s because she’s excited for the surprise, not for him. They were coming up on the two weeks Chaeyoung promised that she’d let her know what was going on--until then, she could be patient.

 At the sound of Chaeyoung’s light snores, Lisa smiles and pulls her a little tighter against her. Her hand curls deeply into her soft, periwinkle-colored hair and combs through it affectionately, moving closer to breathe in the scent of her coconut shampoo. 

“Mm, babe, stop it,” Chaeyoung’s drowsy voice breaks through the silence.

“Sorry,” Lisa lays a soft kiss on her head and places her hands back on the older’s hips, gripping them lightly. 

“‘S okay,” She mumbles, already drifting back to sleep. After some time passes, Lisa decides that it’s time to go. It was getting late into the evening and the wind blew stronger around them, enveloping them in cool, summer air. Lisa knew that if she didn’t wake the older girl up now, they’d both end up falling asleep here.

“Chaeng, wake up. We should get going,” Lisa coaxes the other girl gently.

“Don’t wanna,” She immediately responds in a petulant voice. Lisa laughs softly.

“Come on, baby. I’ll carry you, okay?” When the younger girl hears Chaeyoung hum in assent, she gently rolls them over, so that she’s hovering over the other girl. Getting off of her, she walks toward the edge of the blanket and kneels down on the grass. The taller girl inches forward sluggishly on hands and knees and climbs clumsily onto her back. Lisa doesn’t immediately lift off, so for several moments, Chaeyoung simply sits there on top of her, waiting patiently in silence. “Could you get the blanket for me first, baby?” She asks.

Chaeyoung wordlessly twists her body back around. The Thai girl lets out a quiet snort as she witnesses the older girl repeatedly sinking curled fingers into the blanket while simultaneously pulling on it, the motion reminding Lisa of a beat up protagonist in a horror movie who uses the last of their strength to crawl desperately away from the advancing villain, until it ends up in a bunched heap at their feet. Chaeyoung plucks it up from off the grass.

“Okay, let’s go.” Lisa inhales sharply at the feeling of the older girl’s lips moving against the back of her neck where her head rests. She stands up, careful to go slow so as to not jostle the other girl, and adjusts Chaeyoung on her back before making her way back across the field. After a minute or so, they reach her bike that lays haphazardly on the grass by the side of the road. Lisa gently sets the taller girl back onto the ground and leans down to grab the helmet from beside the bike. She places it gingerly onto the sleepy girl’s head and watches as her head flops down at the added weight. The black-haired girl takes Chaeyoung’s face in between her hands with an adoring smile and angles her own face sideways to kiss her lips softly. After the third kiss, Chaeyoung finally responds, wrapping her arms loosely around Lisa’s waist. Helmet momentarily forgotten, the older girl surges forward to deepen the kiss and unceremoniously headbutts the younger girl.

“Ow!” Lisa jerks away, clutching her forehead.

Chaeyoung immediately places her hand on top of Lisa’s, gently caressing the skin with her thumb. “Sorry,” She pouts.  

“It’s alright. I didn’t need those brain cells anyway,” She manages teasingly. They stand there in silence for several moments. The taller girl watches with a hesitant expression as Lisa continues to rub over the aching area.

“I could, uh, take the helmet off,” Chaeyoung mumbles, not meeting her gaze.

Lisa quirks a delicate eyebrow. “You’re gonna need it for the ride home.”

“Oh, I-I meant to, um--.” Chaeyoung stutters. Lisa snorts but pulls her in for one last kiss. She couldn’t help how insanely endearing she found her girlfriend when she was still sleepy. Lisa moves to pick up the bike from off the grass.

“Try to stay awake, okay?”

“M'kay.”

They both get on. Lisa peers briefly over her shoulder to make sure the lethargic girl is safely secured and does a double take. Chaeyoung is rubbing the sleep out of her eyes with her knuckles, making soft noises as she does so. Her hair is staticy and takes on an orangey hue thanks to the sunset behind her. Something about the chunky, grape-colored helmet placed snugly on the top of her head and her face that is completely devoid of makeup made Chaeyoung look so utterly normal. Lisa feels something inside of her break a little at the sight. She’s suddenly overcome with images of her as a child riding her bike up and down the street in front of her house like a maniac only seconds after mastering the skill, learning how to play her first song on the guitar, racing around the playground of her elementary school. Lisa’s heart aches at the innocence they evoked and how it will never be that way again. They were famous now, with millions of fans around the world, but at this moment, she was just Chaeyoung. Not the global brand ambassador or the main vocalist-- just her Chaeyoung. Lisa couldn’t put into words how incredibly lucky she felt to be able to see her exactly as she is--this dorky, sweet girl from Melbourne with a pet goldfish and a black hole for a stomach.

“Is there something on my face?”

"Hm? Uh..." Lisa immediately snaps out of her thoughts and clears loudly. “Ani. You just look funny wearing that helmet,” She says indifferently, directing her attention back to the front. Less than a second later, she feels a palm collide solidly with the back of her head. “Yah, Park Chaeyoung!”

“Keep making fun of me and I’ll walk home instead,” The older girl says pointedly.

“Keep hurting me and I might just let you...--No, no, wait, baby, I’m sorry,” The Thai girl backtracks, and reaches behind her with one hand to keep the struggling girl from getting off the bike.

“If you’re sorry then just take us home already instead of being mean,” Chaeyoung whines. 

“Alright, alright,” Lisa’s laughter subsides and she kicks off, pedalling down the road. Occasionally, Lisa got the sense that Chaeyoung was moments away from falling asleep on the bike, and every time Lisa would ride in a manic zig-zag pattern and revel afterwards at the sound of Chaeyoung’s squeal that’d inevitably follow. 

“Lalisa, you are so dead when we get home!”

Life was good.

 

 

 


 

A/N: Just something short because I feel bad I've left you all hanging for so long (I still did oops) but hope you still enjoyed.