Fallen Kitty Angel and The Human Butler

Collection of JenSoo Short Stories

A/N: Hello, a supernatural AU featuring Angel Jennie (transformed into a cat) and Jisoo, who is a human. Basically, Jennie is a fallen angel and was transformed into a cat. She was found by Jisoo, who took her in and yea, I guess it is a classic story. Enjoy~

------------------

"Jennie, I have been hearing complains again."

Goddess Irene said in her authoritative voice as she walked towards an angel, looking at the angel with a disappointing gaze. This was one of the many lectures she had given to her favourite daughter angel, Angel Jennie. One of the heavenly guards had lodged a complaint to her that Angel Jennie had caused trouble by releasing prisoners. That meant that they had to catch them before the prisoners escaped to the mortal world. She sighed disappointingly before returning back to her throne, taking a seat to listen to what the young angel had to say.

"Mother goddess, this is one of the many lectures I have heard so far," said the angel in a nonchalant voice that got the Goddess' right eyelid twitching in fury.

"Jennie! Mind your manners," said the Goddess, this time, slamming her right hand hard on the armrest of her throne. "Your attitude won't get you anywhere good," the Goddess continued her lecture. At this moment, the angel knew that she had fallen out of favour as the Goddess' favourite child and was in really deep trouble. With her head hung low, she gulped in fear, awaiting the punishment that had been long overdue.

With a quick spell directed at her, the angel felt herself transforming and became a cat almost at an instance. She looked at her current self, shocked at what was going on. The Goddess said, " I have taken away your powers and I will send you to the mortal world to learn your lesson. Return with a better attitude."

The Goddess then waved her away, saying, "go on." Jennie felt a magical breeze around her and had been teleported to the mortal world.

As Jennie was sent away, one of the Goddess who was watching the entire situation revealed herself, giving a hug to Goddess Irene. It turned out to be Goddess Seulgi. She noticed that Goddess Irene was clearly saddened to send away her favourite child and comforted her, "you must be in pain, she is your favourite angel after all. Don't worry, she will be fine and will return soon."

" She is getting out of hand. It is my fault for spoiling her and I can't seem to teach her. This is the only way she would learn her lesson," replied Goddess Irene, who returned the hug and hugged her lover tightly for comfort.

--------------------

Jennie, who had been sent to the mortal world for good, found herself landed on a playground. Looking around, she felt lost and alone but decided to take this chance to venture out. Finally, she had her freedom and wanted to make good use of it. She roamed around freely after a few nice stretches, coming to terms with the punishment and taking it easy. While roaming around the neighbourhood, she felt as though she was being followed.

"Must be the heightened cat senses," she thought to herself.

But the shuffling of the feet behind her and the faint human scent that she had sensed confirmed her suspicion. She turned around to find a boy following her. Looking like a harmless little human with disgusting snot dripping out from one of his nostrils, she wasn't afraid but hissed at the boy in hopes of scaring him away but it did not have any effect on him.

"My scowl usually works on the heavenly guards!" Jennie thought to herself. She panicked slightly after her offensive action didn't work. The boy was still walking towards her with an evil grin on his face.

She began to take a few steps, hoping to get away from the disgusting human boy. While taking steps back, she continued to play the aggressive card, hoping that it would still work. For some reason, it didn't work at all and the boy managed to get his hands on her by striking her front right leg with a bat that was hidden behind him. She was stricken with pain and next came a few kicks on her body. The boy finally stopped after a while and left skipping away as if satisfied and proud with what he did.

Jennie the angel, who was stuck in the body of a cat that got mistreated, felt disgusted by the inhumane act and was also humiliated. Being highly regarded as Goddess Irene's favourite angel, she was now being trampled on by some human kid. Her right front leg was hurting so much that she was unable to move anymore. She managed to muster some energy to limp her way to the nearest pillar of an apartment lobby. Noticing that it was somewhat secluded, she her wound in hopes that it might magically heal on its own. The wounds didn't heal and her newfound freedom wasn't as nice as she thought. She meowed towards the sky, hoping to seek mercy and help from her Mother goddess.

In the immortal world, Jennie's cries reach her Mother goddess. However, determined to not save her favourite daughter immediately after sending her to the mortal world, the Goddess turned away, letting the clouds cover the scene before walking away with pain in her heart. While walking away, she hoped that a kind human soul would help her favourite daughter.

With no response after meowing away for ages, Jennie stopped meowing for help and instead groaned in pain as the pain in the front right leg became unbearable.

-----------------

Jisoo was on her way home from work, passing by the many pillars along the corridor leading to the lobby. However, she heard something unusual. Although there were many stray cats around the neighbourhood, the sound emitted from the cat sounded miserable. It prompted her to follow the sound and made a turn around the pillar. She noticed an orange tabby cat lying on the floor with a pained expression.

"This must be the furball that was meowing in pain," she thought to herself. She kneeled down in front of the cat, touching it lightly to grab its attention. However, as if on instinct, she quickly pulled her hand away as the cat hissed at her and threatened to bite off her fingers. Instead of taking steps back, she crouched down and looked into the cat's eyes.

"Hey, I don't know what happened but I am here to help," said Jisoo in her gentle tone. She tried again, reaching out for the cat to lightly caress its right ear. Observing that the cat wasn't that wary of her anymore, she gently propped up the right front leg to examine it. Upon examination, she saw a visible swell on the leg and inspected the rest of the body, finding bruises and scratches on them. With her limited knowledge of basic first-aid, she took out her handkerchief to wrap it around the swollen leg before carrying the cat carefully to the vet clinic.

On the way there, Jennie was held securely and comfortably but the pain still remained evident by the groaning and pained expression. That got Jisoo worried. There was an obvious frown on Jisoo's face and she was determined to get to the clinic as soon as possible. She glanced down at the cat before telling it, "don't worry, Kitty, we are on our way. The pain will go away soon. Close your eyes and breathe the pain away,"

Jennie knew not to believe any human's word after being struck by one but she decided to believe this one human. She breathed in and out, hoping to breathe the pain away. Surprisingly, a few minutes into breathing, it helped eased some of the pain and that it was also a miracle that have reached the clinic. As soon as they entered the clinic, they were already next in line for consultation. Jisoo entered the consultation room with urgent knocks and shoved the cat into the vet's face.

"Doctor, how is the kitty?" asked Jisoo anxiously. Jennie could feel the sincere concern of the human towards her but closed her eyes in attempts to lie down comfortably on the cushion after being put on it by Jisoo.

"The right front leg is fractured, I would need to do an x-ray to determine the extent of the injury, other than that, there are some bruises and scratches on the body. We will move over to the x-ray machine."

The vet carried the cat gently before putting it on the x-ray machine. Before examining the cat, he put on the necessary protective equipment and called for the nurse to assist him. The nurse entered the room with an extra set of protective equipment for Jisoo. Afterwards, she made her way to the cat, reassuring the cat that it would be fine and not to move. X-rays were then taken and the vet looked at it intently.

The vet directed Jisoo's attention to the scan by pointing to a bone that looked like it was broken slightly off centre.

"Look at this region, you see there are two long bones but one of them is broken. Thank goodness it is a hairline fracture. This means that the bone is not totally broken into two. This kitty here needs a cast and a lot of rest," said the vet as he took off the protective gown before giving the cat a few light on the head.

Jisoo did the same before picking the cat up to return to the consultation room for further examination. After careful examination, the vet continued, "Miss Kim, I will prescribe some ointment and cream. The cream is to be used sparingly on the scratches as it contains antibiotics. while the ointment can be used for all injuries on the body. Feel free to use it copiously. For the fractured leg, I will prescribe an anti-inflammatory liquid medication to reduce swelling and any preference for the colour of the cast?"

He got up to reach for few casting materials of different colours from the top shelf and showed them to Jisoo and Jennie. While lifting each casting material of one colour at a time, Jennie only meowed when he raised the pink cast. Understanding that Jennie wanted pink, he applied the cast on her fractured leg. It took about 15 minutes for the cast to be placed and another 15 minutes of waiting outside of the consultation room for it to set. Before leaving, Jisoo thanked the experts before making the payments for treatment and some non-prescription cat food.

On the way back, Jennie seemed to be feeling better as she snuggled close to Jisoo while she was holding onto her. Jisoo was glad that the cat seemed to look better and can't wait to bring it home to take care of her new housemate.

Once she reached home, She placed the cat on the cushion upon reaching home and went to get two bowls, filling each bowl with water and food respectively. She took care of the furball diligently. She never left the cat's side even though it was eating and drinking well. After the cat was well fed, she fed the cat her medicine. It was difficult but managed to hold her securely in her left arm and apologised as the liquid flowed into the cat's mouth. After the most difficult part, she made sure to give the cat some love by giving it some treats and pats on the head. Lastly, she cleaned Jennie with a washcloth and dried it with a towel and hairdryer before applying the ointment and cream on the scratches and bruises. After she was done with the chores, she collapsed on the couch from the cumulative fatigue of the day.

Jennie stared at the human who just collapsed on the sofa. Part of her was touched by the kindness but her bratty side decided to suppress the positive emotion. Instead of snuggling up to Jisoo as a gesture of appreciation, she decided to take her nap on the couch.

----------------------

"Little kitty, you are healing really well. Let's bring you to the vet for a follow-up later," said Jisoo in her motherly voice. The hard work of taking care of the cat has paid off as all of the bruises and scratches have been healed. She was also optimistic that the fractured leg should also heal up by now. However, the cat's attitude towards her hadn't improved significantly despite tending to the furball with patience and love. The cat would occasionally cosy up to her but sometimes, she would be cold and distant. She told herself that she would persist and that one day the cat would eventually come to love her.

Hearing that she would be able to have the cast taken off soon, Jennie purrs in delight. Finally, she would be able to move comfortably though she liked being treated like a princess by her human butler.

The trip to the vet was quick. After waiting for 5 minutes for their turn, the vet welcomed them happily and was glad to see the cat in good shape. She was well-groomed and the superficial wounds have healed well. He continued to check on the fracture with the x-ray. He smiled upon reading the x-ray scan. The bone had healed completely, looking intact and complimented Jisoo for her hard work before removing the cast.

Jennie was beyond ecstatic once the cast was off. She stretched out her right leg and paw and then her entire body. Feeling no pain or any discomfort, she leapt from the x-ray table to the chair nearby and subsequently on the ground. She turned to Jisoo and the vet, meowing at them to thank them before making her way to the consultation room. The vet laughed at the sight then turning to Jisoo to ask if she had any questions for him. Without any further questions, Jisoo and Jennie left the vet.

On the way back, Jennie refused to be carried and that surprised Jisoo. Before letting the cat down, she told the cat, "now that you are all recovered, what do you want to do now?" Jennie leapt off from Jisoo's arms, heading to a nearby grass field with Jisoo following behind closely.

-------------

"Little kitty, how about we give you a name?" asked Jisoo on a fine Sunday. Since the cat had recovered and had no intention of leaving Jisoo despite her constant hot and cold treatment, Jisoo decided to formally adopt it. Since she had been calling the cat "Furball" or "Kitty", she decided that she should give it a name.

"I have a few names here, the English name for you, little sassy kitty," said Jisoo as she placed flashcards bearing different names on the ground. The cat walked along the path where the cards were laid, looking at each name intently as Jisoo pronounced them. As Jennie walked along the path, she saw many names, hoping to see if her name was already there. There were Kitty, Sally, Bella, Chloe and Lucy. There were even Grace and Gracie, Liz, Lizzy. Next, her eyes lit up as she saw Jen, then Janny, Jenny and finally Jennie. Seeing her own name, she jumped on it before lying down on the card comfortably to indicate that she wanted that name.

"Alright, from now on, you will be called Jennie. Let's be friends!" declares Jisoo happily as she picks the cat, swinging it happily in circles.

----------------------------

Surprisingly after giving Jennie her name, Jisoo felt as if both of them had become closer all of a sudden. Whenever she called the cat by its name affectionately, Jennie would respond to her. It wouldn't really respond to her as much when she called her by "kitty" or "furball". Jennie laid comfortably on Jisoo's lap while the latter her as they enjoyed their lazy Sunday together watching TV. The cat had completely melted for her human butler. The time they have spent together had shown how loving and sincere Jisoo was towards her. Jisoo's love for her was just like how her mother Goddess loved her and that made her miss the heavenly world.

"My friends will be coming over later. Be nice to them," said Jisoo when the commercial started to play. Even though they have gotten closer and she didn't mind the guests, Jennie minded the fact that Jisoo would have to divide her attention later on. She might have caught on to the territorial nature of the cat after transforming into one.

She hopped off from Jisoo's lap, cutting all sorts of affection, lying down on her cushion instead, hoping that her sudden coldness and indifference would prompt Jisoo to cancel the gathering. However, all she saw was Jisoo smiling at her and turning back to watch TV. She sighed internally to prepare herself for the long day ahead.

The doorbell rang and that signalled that Jisoo's friends were outside of the apartment. Jisoo went to get the door while Jennie groomed herself, making sure that her cat body looked fabulous for receiving guests. Entering the apartment were Nayeon and Wendy who were excited to meet Jennie knowing that Jisoo had been caring for a cat for months. They rushed the Jennie immediately after casually greeting the owner with a brief, "hi".

Nayeon went to hold the cat while Wendy patted it. While the two human friends of Jisoo were busy giving her affection, Jennie was trying to dodge all of it by moving her head away and throwing some leering cat stares. Nonetheless, the humans' heart eyes and love for her override all the uncomfortableness that Jennie was trying to portray. She sounded out for help for her human butler but Jisoo was in the kitchen to prepare some snacks and drinks. After being stuck with the guests for a few moments, she was finally saved by Jisoo.

"Guys, come on, my Jennie needs to be fed. Have some snacks first."

Nayeon put the cat down and Jisoo placed Jennie's bowl in front of Jennie. In response, Jennie quickly reached out her right paw on Jisoo's hand that was holding onto the bowl, to signal to Jisoo to not leave her after the mini torture from her friends. Thinking that Jennie wanted to be fed, she picked the cat up and the bowl, heading to the couch. She placed Jennie on her lap and fed her as she entertained the guests. Although it isn't what Jennie expected, she was nonetheless satisfied with the outcome. Even after the snack, Jennie did not leave Jisoo's lap and the three friends ended up spending their entire time together talking at the couch.

------------------

On a beautiful windy Sunday morning, Jisoo brought Jennie out for their weekly walks to Hangang park. Jennie roamed around freely without a leash as she preferred not having on. While walking along the path, Jennie's super sharp cat hearing heard the fast-paced zooming behind her inching closer and closer every second. She took a glance behind her to see a bicycle heading towards Jisoo. She immediately leapt over to Jisoo's side pushing her away to avoid the incoming reckless cyclist. She fiercely hissed a the cyclist as he cycled away without apologising but stopped as she was engulfed in a huge hug by Jisoo.

"Thank you, Jennie," said Jisoo gratefully, giving Jennie a kiss on the head and that warmed the angel's heart. She was glad that Jisoo was fine. After Jisoo let go of her, she bit and pulled the human butler by her pants, dragging her back towards the direction of their home. After spending so much time with the cat, she understood immediately. She picks Jennie up, heading in the opposite direction, deciding to spend the time at home instead. Once they reach home, Jennie started to shower Jisoo with so much love and affection as if she was frightened that she might lose the human butler anytime soon. Her attitude changed 180 degrees from part hot part cold to full-on affectionate. She cosied up to her human butler that got a few immortals' attention.

"Oh my, did you see that Goddess?" asked Angel Yeri, one of Jennie's sister angels as she was watching her sister saving a mortal together with her Goddess mother from the sky.

"Jennie is learning well from this mortal," said Goddess Irene after watching the scene unfold. She waved her hand for clouds to cover the image before walking away with a hopeful smile on her face.

Making sure that her Goddess mother had left, Angel Yeri chuckled to herself before replying in a soft voice, "of course, if I didn't plan for it, unnie wouldn't meet Jisoo."

Feeling proud, she skipped away, hoping for her sister angel to come back to the immortal world.

----------------

- The next day -

Jisoo woke up feeling refreshed, ready to start the day. Before getting out of bed, she stretched over, hoping to check on Jennie. As she patted around, she felt something soft but it didn't feel like cat fur. Did it feel like feathers?

Her eyes shot open, sitting up to find a girl sleeping soundly next to her. The girl looked around the same age as her and rubbing her eyes, she found that the woman was wrapped in white feathers that resembled wings. No wonder she felt feathers earlier. Even so, she screamed in shock before jumping out of bed to move over to the other side to wake the stranger up. The girl turned to the other side after grunting in frustration then complained, "what is it, Jisoo? I am still sleeping."

"Who are you? Wake up!" Jisoo continues to wake the girl, not caring if she wants to go back to sleep. She needs an explanation now.

Being annoyed that she couldn't go back to sleep, Jennie woke up to give Jisoo a hard stare. Realising that she talked human language, it dawned on her that she was transformed back to her angel form. Even though her wings were covering her up, she needed some clothes. She pulled the blanket over her before telling the shocked human, "I am Jennie. But can you first pass me some clothes before I give any explanation?"

Jisoo immediately understood, heading to her wardrobe to find some clothes for the girl. She laid them nicely on the bed before going out of her room, not forgetting to close the door. While waiting for the mysterious woman, she headed to the bathroom to wash her face before sitting on the couch.

----------------

"Jisoo," said Jennie. She held onto Jisoo's hands, staring into her eyes. Jisoo looked away, feeling shy all of a sudden with a pretty girl in front of her. She managed to snap out of her zone asking, "Jennie, is that really you?"

She was really unsure if everything is real at the moment.

"It's me," replied Jennie. She moved closer to Jisoo but still managed to leave a comfortable amount of space before sharing her story.

"I am an angel. I live in heaven with my parents, Goddess Seulgi and Goddess Irene. I am one of many angel children that they have. Given that our family rule the entire universe, and I was my mother's favourite child, I grew up as a bratty and an entitled child. I caused a lot of trouble in heaven and got a little too wilful that mother Goddess sent me to earth to learn my lesson. When I was first sent here I got mistreated by a kid and you saved me. You know how the story unfolds afterwards."

Jennie ended by laughing to ease the tension, "to be honest I don't know how I transformed back into my angel form. The good thing is that I managed to compact my wings to fit into this shirt."

Jisoo took some time to process whatever Jennie told her. She knew that the person in front of her can't be lying as Jennie the cat isn't around anymore and there is no way that she was drunk to invite some random chick over when she didn't have alcohol yesterday. With how the girl in front of her looking at her just like Jennie the cat would and she even saw and touched the wings, she believed whatever Jennie the angel said. She just has to believe that supernatural stuff does exist.

Jisoo then breaks the long silence, "so... what are you going to do from now on? Are you going back?"

Jennie pondered about the question. She had never once thought of returning back to heaven after she was saved by Jisoo.

"No, I don't want to. This is my new home and I want to be with you," said Jennie in conviction.

Jisoo, who is taking in everything well replies with a smile, "stay. I would want you to stay too." She moved closer to Jennie, pulling the angel in from a hug. No matter what form, Jisoo will always love Jennie the same and for Jennie, she was glad that Jisoo can make her feel like a real angel. They promised to stay by each other's side no matter what.

- End -