The Date

The Bro Code

Yugyeom hits the break of his black Audi after parking safely in front of the Jeon residence. He turns off the engine but hesitates before going down.

After ruffling his hair and checking his reflection on the rearview mirror, he finally goes down. 

Yugyeom had been in this house thousands of times. He knows every corner. But this time, he was extremely nervous to even ring the doorbell. 
He turns his back from the door and takes another deep breath before turning around and ringing the doorbell. His heart pounds harder when he heard someone opening the door. 

"Yo." Hobi greets from the other side with a serious face, far from the usual smiley face Yugyeom has seen him in.

"H-hobi hyung." Yugyeom greets rather awkwardly. 

"Hey, man." Jungkook suddenly appears out of nowhere. Yugyeom could only smile and scratch his head nervously.

Hobi coughs, effectively getting Yugyeom's attention. "I heard you're taking my baby sister out on a date."

"Y-yes hyung." 

"Where are you taking her?" 

Yugyeom gulps. They haven't even let him inside the house yet. "I'm taking her to the tattoo parlor. She said she wants to get inked."

Hobi crosses his arms while Jungkook just watches from the back. "First date and you're already taking her to get a tattoo? I'm not sure I'm liking your influence on her." 

Yugyeom gives Jungkook a look, begging him to help get him out of the situation. But his best friend just snickers. 

He struggles to find the words to say but nothing is coming out. You were the one who decided to go to the tattoo shop today. You said it would be nice to get it done with before they proceeded with their date.

"Could you please stop harrassing him?" Yugyeom felt relieved when he heard your voice from inside. "What are two doing, not even letting him inside the house?!" 

Your two brothers glance at you and Hobi laughs. "I'm joking! This is the first time I've seen Yugyeom this stressed. Let us have fun a little." 

Jungkook opens the door wide as he laughs and shakes his head. "Come in, man."

Yugyeom enters the house and gives Jungkook a bro-hug. "Thanks dude."

"Don't mind Hobi hyung. He's just tripping." 

Yugyeom smiles awkwardly and glances at you who was already walking down the stairs. You were wearing a simple oversized white shirt tucked in a pair of faded ripped jeans. 

Yugyeom gulps, trying to calm his heart. You looked too cute today. 

"Man, you have the look of a whipped puppy." Hobi comments and laughs. 

"Ugh! I'm sorry I can't hear this." Jungkook says as he covers his ears. 

Yugyeom could feel his face getting redder. 

"Just remember that we have dance practice tomorrow, okay? I'm heading back to my room." Yugyeom nods and Jungkook taps him at the shoulder before going up. 

It was one thing to know that his best friend liked his sister, but for him to witness Yugyeom being all flustered firsthand? It was something that he was not used to yet. He needs some time for that.

"Ready?" You smile as you walk towards Yugyeom. 

The younger man smiles and nods. "Ready when you are."

"Have fun you two! But not too much fun if you know what I mean." Hobi teases.

"Oppa seriously!" You whine at the innuendo but Hobi just laughs before going back to the kitchen.

--

The drive to the tattoo shop was a bliss. One thing you liked about Yugyeom was that you guys could talk about anything under the sun. He listened intently and would also have some input every now and then. He was interested in everything you said. 

"Will it hurt?" You asked when he parked his car in front of the tattoo shop. 

Yugyeom pursed his lips. "Not gonna lie. It will hurt, but the end product is always worth it." 

Yugyeom had a few tattoos of his own so he understood why you were a bit scared for your first ink. 

"Do you just wanna grab some coffee instead?" You hesitated and Yugyeom laughed. 

"C'mon noona. It'll be over before you know it. Plus, I'll be with you." The simple statement was enough to send butterflies to your stomach. You were sure you were blushing by now. 

"To hell with it. Let's go." You sigh and get down from the car. You hear Yugyeom's laugh as he follows you inside. 

"Welcome!" The receptionist greets you both before recognizing the man towering behind you. "Oh hey, Yugyeom. Are you gonna get another one?" 

"No. Not me. Her." He points at you and you smile at the receptionist. You don't like the way the girl was looking at Yugyeom, but you stay silent. 

"Where's Woo-hyung? I already told him we were coming." 

"He's inside." 

"Let's go." You were a little shocked when Yugyeom grabs your hand and intertwines your fingers. But you don't complain and let Yugyeom lead the way. 

"Hyung!" 

"Oh hey, you're here." A buff guy with a full sleeve tattoo welcomes them in one of the rooms. 

Yugyeom releases your hand for a while to hug Woo. 

"This is y/n. She's the one getting the tattoo." You smile at the man Yugyeom introduced to you.

Woo shakes your hand and introductions were made. "Nice to meet you. Yugyeom talks about you a lot."

"Ah, hyung!" You laugh at Yugyeom's whining. What a cutie.

"Kidding!" 

Woo leads you to the chair as he prepares everything. "Yugyeom already sent the design you want. You sure about that already?" 

You nod. "Yeah. Pretty much." You spent a great amount of time to think about that design and you're not about to change your mind now.

"Alright. Let me just get ready then we'll start with the stencil." 

Woo walks out of the room to print the stencil of the design you chose. As he was out, Yugyeom drags a chair and sits beside you. 

"You okay, noona?" He asks.

"A little scared but.. I really wanna do this." 

Yugyeom smiles and slightly touches the part of your forearm where the tattoo will be placed, sending shivers down your spine.

"It's going to be fine. It'll be over before you know it." He gives you another reassuring smile. 

Woo comes back with the design and starts preparing for your tattoo. 

Once the stencil was transfered to your skin, Woo takes the tattoo gun. "Let's start." 

Yugyeom was a little startled when you grab his hand with your free hand but he soon relaxes and continues to hold you.  You were just looking at him as Woo worked on your tattoo. It stung but at least it was bearable. 

The room was engulfed in silence as Woo continued to work on your tattoo. He was already getting into the minor details and shading and it hurt more than when he was working on the outline of your tattoo. 

You closed your eyes tight and focused on the comforting circles Yugyeom was tracing on your palm. You're glad you asked him to accompany you for this. He was great at comforting you, you figured.

Woo excuses himself when he finished your tattoo and successfuly covered it in a clear wrap. You stand up and so does Yugyeom. He gently grabs your arm and admired the tattoo upclose. 

"It'll get itchy for a few days but don't scratch it. Wait for it to heal." Yugyeom advices, putting down your arm and fixing the sleeves of your oversized shirt so that it covers your tattoo a little.

"Thank you. For accompanying me." you smile.

Yugyeom returns the smile and holds your hand again, leading you outside the room. You pay for your session and you both wave goodbye to Woo.  You guys decide to eat dinner in a samgyupsal place since it was both your favorite. 

The dinner was fun and full of laughter. Yugyeom had a lot of stories especially about his and his friends antics. You loved how easy going he was. Being with Yugyeom was a walk in the park. 

"I'm gonna show you something." Yugyeom blurts out and gets his phone from his pocket. 

He goes to his gallery and shows you a picture from the tattoo shop earlier. You had your eyes shut tight while you were grabbing his hand. 

You frown at the photo. "Delete that."

"No can do. Sorry." Yugyeom snickers.

"I'm making the face." 

"What face?"

"Like someone's about to murder me." 

Yugyeom laughs, shaking his head. He wants to pinch your cheeks badly. "You look cute, even when you make that face."

You roll your eyes, trying to hide the blush creeping up your cheeks. "Shut up." 

Yugyeom scrunches his nose and you both laugh out loud. It was a very fun night indeed.

--

After dinner, you walked by Han river since the restaurant was near the area. 

You started walking slowly when Yugyeom felt the soft breeze.

"It's a little cold tonight, noona. Take my jacket." He removes the denim jacket he was wearing but you wave your hand.

"No it's okay. I'm not cold."  You internally cursed when another cold breeze passes by and you shiver. This did not miss Yugyeom's eyes.

"Yeah right." He chuckles and places his jacket on your shoulders. 

"Noooo. You'll get cold too." You whine. Being the older one, it was natural that you were thinking of his well-being first. 

"I'm fine noona."

"Are you sure?" 

"Of course. It's the perfect excuse." He says with a cute smile.

You look at him questioningly. "Perfect excuse for what?" 

Yugyeom smiles sweetly and pulls his jacket that you were now wearing. This effectively pulled you closer to him, and he engulfs you in a big hug. "To do this."

He places his chin above your head while you burry your face on his shirt. A sweet but manly smell invades your senses and you sigh into his warmth. 

"You're right. I am cold." You mutter, making Yugyeom chuckle. 

The two of you continued walking after the hug but this time, Yugyeom had his hands intertwined with youes. It was a quiet and relaxing walk, something that the two of you hadn't done before, even with other people. 

You can't contain the butterflies in your stomach. The day had just been perfect. It had been a few months since you and Yugyeom started texting but going out with him now was on a different level. You can't explain it. It was like floating and falling at the same time. With Yugyeom, it was all so easy and relaxing.

Yugyeom pulls you down to sit on a bench you guys found facing the river. 

The night was serene, there were stars in the night sky. It was peaceful, like what the both of you were feeling inside. 

"Noona." 

You stop looking at the sky and looks at the man beside you instead. 

"Hmm?" 

Yugyeom blushes hard. He bites his lower lip to control himself and finally asks the question that had been bothering him all night. "This isn't the last time were going out right?" 

You smile at his question. He looked cute when he was nervous like this, and you fought the urge to just pinch his cheeks. You decided to a little bit. "What do you mean?" 

"I mean--uhm. I mean like, can I take you out on another date next time?" 

"Getting a tattoo was fun. If you're gonna get a tattoo, I'm gonna come with you." You . 

His eyes almost bulged out. "Only if I'm getting a tattoo??" 

"Yeah. Why?" You were fighting the laugh that was trying to come out but still ended up bursting in laughter from his answer.

"Ah.. then I guess I'm gonna have to get another tattoo next week."

You shake your head at how cute he is. "I'm kidding. I'd love to go out again." 

Yugyeom internally celebrates. He scoots closer to you and places his arm around your shoulder while his other hand grabbed your hand. 

"Noona, I really like you. I'm serious with this thing between us."

You smile at his cute confession. He had already made you feel this before--that he was serious with whatever was going on between you two--but this is the first time he is saying this outloud. You could feel how nervous Yugyeom was, but seeing how he pushed himself past this nervousness warms your heart. 

You bite your lower lip and looks at Yugyeom's soft brown eyes. How could you miss him out all this time? How come you hadn't really seen him before?

You smile softly and squeeze his hand. You were not about to pass up an opportunity to get to know this wonderful man better. So you took the courage and said the words in return. "I like you too."