The Bro Code

The Bro Code

"I would die for a cup of frappuccino right now but I don't think it's worth the extra routines I have to suffer at the gym later." Jungkook says as he studies the cafe menu seriously like his life depended on it. 

"What are you getting?" he asks Yugyeom.

He glances at Yugyeom when he still didn't answer and found that his best friend was busy looking at his damn phone. "Dude, you there?"

"Huh?" 

Yugyeom finally looks up from his phone as if he was caught redhanded doing something illegal. 

"Who are you texting?" Jungkook inquires and Yugyeom hurriedly hides his phone.

"Uhm, no one." 

Jungkook raises and eyebrow. They had been best friends for three years now and he could definitely sense that Yugyeom was hiding something from him. But seeing that they were already next in line to the counter, he brushed it aside.

"What are you ordering?" He asks instead.

"Iced choco." Yugyeom answers in a heartbeat. 

"Right." Jungkook doesn't even know why he bothered asking. He never changed his order. Ever.

Jungkook told the cashier their order when it was their turn while Yugyeom handed his card. He doesn't know how it was so easy to get a free drink from Yugyeom now but Jungkook wasn't one to complain. 

Their drinks were handed to them in a jiffy and Jungkook tried to find an available table while Yugyeom was once again busy with his phone. 

"I can't believe Bambam's running late again." Jungkook tried to strike a casual conversation but the guy in front of him obviously had his whole attention to his phone.

Yugyeom was humming in response but it was obvious that he wasn't paying attention. 

"Why does he even wanna come with us? It's not like he really works out. He's just checking out the girls at the gym." 

"Ahuh." Yugyeom hums again as he sips on his iced choco, but his eyes were still on his phone.

Jungkook coughed and decided to make fun of Yugyeom a little. 

"Hey dude, do you think I can borrow your Audi for a week starting today?" 

"Yeah sure." Yugyeom absentmindedly answers but then snaps back to reality. "Wait, what?" 

Jungkook laughs at his friend's flustered face. "C'mon, man. 'Fess up." 

Yugyeom just looked at him questioningly. "You're texting a girl, right? Who's that? Is that someone from our dance class?" Jungkook bombards him with questions and Yugyeom felt cold sweat run down his back. 

"I just figured that your probably texting a girl if you're that worked up." Jungkook shrugs then sips at his drink.

Yugyeom does the same as he thinks whether he should come clean to his best friend. 

He knows he should, but he just doesn't know how to tell him.

"Well... uhm..." Yugyeom scratches his head as he raked his brain for ways on how to say what he was going to say. 

"You see..." 

Jungkook just stares at him. The two had been friends since their first day in university when some professor mixed up their names. The professor said it was because the two had similarities so in order to avoid confusion, he asked Jungkook and Yugyeom to sit beside each other in class. It had been three years since then. They know each other so well and Jungkook could say that this is the first time he saw Yugyeom this flustered.

"What is it?" Jungkook coaxed his friend. 

Yugyeom closes his eyes tightly and sighs before looking at him directly. "I'm just gonna come clean okay?" 

"O...kay." Jungkook was finding it hard to answer since he didn't know what the conversation was about.

"I'm going to tell you something and I know you're gonna probably want to hit me, but please don't. You give the ing strongest punch and dude, I am not in the mood to sport a blackeye in school. Okay?" 

"What are you even talking about?" Jungkook was beyond confused now.

"Just promise me!" Yugyeom whines. 

"Alright, jeez! I'm not gonna hit you. Now what is it?" 

Yugyeom sighs again and pulls his hair frustratingly. They're not in the gym yet but he's already sweating buckets. 

"I..." Yugyeom starts and Jungkook waits for the rest of his sentence. "I have a crush on y/n noona and I want to ask her out on a date." 

Jungkook accidentaly spits his drink out of his mouth from what Yugyeom said. Thankfully the liquid didn't land on Yugyeom's face.

"Am I hearing you right? I think I might be having some hallucinations. I thought I just heard you say that you have a crush on my sister." Jungkook asks in confusion.

Yugyeom scratches his head again. "Uhm, you're not hallucinating." 

It took a few seconds before Jungkook could process it. His best friend had a crush on his older sister and wanted to ask her out on a date. 

"Dude, what the ." Jungkook finally blurts out when his thought process was over.

Yugyeom looks down to his lap upon his best friend's reaction. Of course it was a long shot. 

He knew it would be hard to get Jungkook's approval. Yugyeom knows how protective Jungkook could get when it came to his siblings. Even though he was tempted to ask you out secretly, he just knew it would be the end of their friendship uf Jungkook found out he was doing it behind his back. 

"I don't know what to say. What do you want me to say?" Jungkook continues when he was met by Yugyeom's silence. 

"How the did you even have a crush on noona? She's barely home when you crash at our place."

Jungkook can't fit the puzzle together of how his sister and best friend got to start talking. Enough so for Yugyeom to harbor a crush on her. 

"Well remember that one time I drove you home a few months ago because you got faced after drinking during Bambam's party. Hobi-hyung wasn't there so I was forced to carry you to your room. Y/n noona offered to give me some tea before I left so that I can also sober up. You were heavy as man, I really had a hard time. So anyway, we got talking and she praised my tattoos. Then she texted me asking about tattoos and since she apparently wanted to get one. We started texting regularly after that."

Yugyeom blurts fast as if he was a rapper in Show Me The Money and Jungkook almost didn't understand Yugyeom if it weren't for a few key words he caught from his sentences.

Jungkook's jaw dropped at his confesion. What was he even supposed to say?

"So..." Yugyeom continues, looking at him expectantly.

"What?" 

"Is it okay if I ask her out on a date?" 

Jungkook blinks at Yugyeom's question. 

"I don't know dude." Jungkook scratches his head as he tried to think of possible scenarios if his best friend does start dating his sister.

He knows Yugyeom doesn't mess around with girls and that his last relationship was way back when they were in their first year in university but then.. it's his sister. There is still a possibility that Yugyeom could hurt her. Jungkook and Hobi had always been protective of her to the point that she gets annoyed because they always intimidate any prospect boyfriend she has on purpose. Even if this was his friend, there was no guarantee that he wouldn't punch Yugyeom if she sheds a single tear for him.

Jungkook sighs. "My mind's not working properly. I just have this itching feeling that I have to hit you right now."

Yugyeom gulped. 

"Well..." he scratches the back of his neck again. Why was it getting hot in this cafe? "will you let me ask her out after you hit me in the face then?" 

Jungkook gave him his what-the- look. Was he seriously considering getting hit just so he could date his sister?

"Are you even sure she's gonna say yes?" Jungkook challenged. 

"No." Yugyeom blushes. "I mean, I hope she'll say yes. She said I was fun to talk to." 

Jungkook scoffs. "Noona says that to everyone." 

"Yah, stop trying to ruin my confidence." Yugyeom whines again.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and sits straight. "Okay, let's say you do go out with her and it turns to something serious. What if you break up then? Wouldn't it be awkward to hang out with us after that?" 

"Dude, you're flying too fast." Yugyeom counters. "I'm not saying that I'm not looking forward to having a serious relationship with noona. It sounds cheesy and cringy but I guarantee you I'll do my best not to make your sister cry." 

"What if she makes you cry?" Jungkook asks again. 

Yugyeom looks down. It's not like he hasn't given this a thought. He really thought hard before even mustering up the courage to ask Jungkook about this.  He looks up so that Jungkook could see how serious he is. "I don't know man. But it's a risk I'm willing to take." 

Jungkook shivers. Looks like Yugyeom is really damn serious about this. "Alright let's stop talking about this. The thought of you dating my sister is making me want to curl my toes but I guess I'll have to get used to it." 

Yugyeom's eyes almost bulged out and he smiles. "Is that a yes?" 

"Stop looking at me like I'm the one you asked for a date. It's creepy. But just one thing."

Jungkook leans forward and looks at him squarely. "Don't hurt my sister on purpose. You have a cute nose Yugyeom-ah, don’t make me break it.”

Yugyeom shivers at his threat. "Y-yeah. Thanks dude." He offers his hand for a high five and Jungkook accepts it. "I'm gonna ask her tomorrow. Wish me luck."

Jungkook nods. It's not like this is over. Yugyeom still needs to go through his Hobi-hyung. 

"Yo! Where my es at!" The two boys whips their head at the same time to see Bambam embarassing himself at the cafe. 

He walks straight to them wearing his matching Adidas tracksuit. He could have passed off as someone going to the gym if not for the gold necklace and diamond studded watch he was wearing.

"Where have you been? Hanging out with Snoop Dogg?" Jungkook asks in iritation.

"Dudes, you are not gonna believe what I just went through today." Bambam plops down beside Yugyeom and grabs Jungkook's drink to take a sip. 

"Really man? Here I thought you hated using other people's straws."

"Give me a break man. I just came from this Adidas store because they were selling these new Yeezy kicks. And guess what? I just arrived on time. It was the last pair and it was on my size. And I already grabbed it but then some dude grabbed the other shoe. I was all 'dude what the is your problem?' I almost punched him in the face even if he was ten times bigger than me. But luckily it wasn't his size so I ended up buying it." Bambam blabbered while the two boys looked at him with bored eyes. 

"Fun story right?" He smiles wide. "Anyway, what did I miss?" 

"I'm asking out his sister on a date." Yugyeom blurts out fast and points at Jungkook. 

"Oh." Bambam nods. "You're gonna ask his s--WHAT? Did I just hear it correctly?!" 

Jungkook rolled his eyes as Bambam overreacts, even going as far as clutching his chest in surprise. "Dude! You okay with this?" He asks Jungkook. Jungkook simply stares at Bambam.

"What if they do get together and then they have in your house? Wouldn't it be awkward--" 

"Stop it man!" Jungkook freaks out. "I didn't need that ing image in my mind!" he tries to cover his ears in an attempt to unhear Bambam's remark. 
Yugyeom was blushing hard and was just covering his face in embarassment.

"Hey, I'm just concerned here! You should set some house rules or something like no ing while the siblings are in the house or--"

"SHUT UP BAMBAM!" Both Yugyeom and Jungkook yell before they got up and left their friend. He knew the way to the gym anyway.