s a f e

Safe and Sound
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 12, 2020

Nothing went well, nothing was okay. Everything was just wrong, everything was unsettling and not easy. Jung Eunji was almost sure today was her worst day of the year. She thought being an experienced B-class musical actress would benefit her in any way, she thought she had everything under control. But of course the rookie actress aka the writer's niece had to come along and easily got the role Eunji auditioned for.

Eunji sighed as she climbed up the stairs to her condo. She needed a warm bath, hot tea and cozy blanket. She needed all the ammo she could get to ignore this frigid sensation she felt. Deep down she had known, damn she had always known, this was bound to happen and nothing, not even a bit of it was unusual in this industry. Unfair, maybe, but unusual? No.

"The traffic was bad?"

Her favorite voice greeted her. Automatically lifted her head, Eunji saw him standing in front of her door, leaving his own door, that was across hers, opened slightly. Suddenly, she didn't need the warm bath, or hot tea, or the cozy blanket. Suddenly, she just needed him and only him.

She noticed the plate on his right hand, "Pasta?"

"Fettucini. With ultra super red hot sauce," he said, smirked.

She would love to have some spicy food without doubt, especially in this kinda stressing day. Nothing she loved more than relieving her stress with red hot spicy pasta. No, she corrected, she also had something she loved along with that, something endearing; probably more than the hot sauce. She loved that smirked on his face; mischievous yet appeasing, it always amused her.

Eunji opened her door for him, let him find his way to her main sofa while she actually hurried up to close his door. She then murmured, loud enough to be heard, "Close your damn door."

"You always do it for me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter