Missing in actions [M.I.A]

Dad Needs Mom Cuddles Too

~A story before they got married~

 

Contrary to popular belief, Changbin isn’t a cold hearted, apathetic jerk like he is branded due to his bored and sadistic facial expressions. To be fair Changbin has a million different emotions, which, by the way, he is only able to project in front of one and only one person in the entire world.

Speaking of which, the said person has been in Seoul for Christmas and, possibly, til New Year, while Changbin is wrapped in the sheets on the bed in some artsy boutique hotel in Thailand with his old friends from high school. He tried stay up late with them, roasting their drunk friends, while sipping fruit juice after 8 shots of vodka, its not that he is a lightweight, he just being considerate of the other’s throat and low alcohol tolerance. Now that they already dozed off because of the drink, he left alone in his room. And it feels so lonely.

Ah, how he misses Jamie so much and just want to go back to South Korea this instant. Actually, Changbin scheduled to go back to Seoul tomorrow, since his vacation had already over. But for some unexpected reasons. His fudging annoying boss, also his friend, Bang Chan, asked him to gain some informations of Incheon mafia drug transactions in there, and since then, communication in his precious relationship has been intermittent especially today.

Thanks to Chan.

So now, Changbin settles down for the photos of him and Jamie saved in his phone. The recent ones being taken from when he and Jamie had gone out for a date at a night market in Tokyo, Japan, for his 28th birthday celebration. He smirks as he comes back to Jamie’s private Instagram post for his birthday and finds out that the women had posted an Instagram story.

This is new, he thinks. Jamie hasn’t been posting Instagram stories in months and would only post one when she’s promoting stuff. But there is literally nothing to promote yet. Cause Changbin out of habit remember every schedules of her.

Weird.

He clicks the icon and a picture of an airplane window showing the clouds and sunset from outside with the view of the plane’s wing appears, a sticker of a plane and fireworks at the center.

The black haired man immediately tumbles upon his unmade bed, heart madly stomping inside his chest because if Jamie is pulling what Changbin thinks she is pulling, he might as well have choked on the sticky rice and mango he had eaten this afternoon. His heart is beating so fast as if he’s having a marathon.

He is not ready, and he thinks he will never ready for whatever Jamie does to him. Like maybe suddenly appearing by the doorstep of his hotel room. But whatever, it’s not even confirmed yet. He decides to messages the cute girl on kakao talk.

Changbin: Where are u heading? Why didn’t u tell me? Are u with ur parents?

Changbin: Saw ur IG story. Where u heading?

Not a single reply has been received and Changbin is so ready to drown himself with ice cold water hoping to ease the burning sensation in his heart. Jamie has totally turned him into a vulnerable little sap that goes quickly anxious, sad, happy, needy, and more of some undescribed feelings that the women cause.

What a loser.

His friends would surely cringe when they find out just how head over heels he actually is for Jamie, and when he’s feeling a little bit more cheesy, he’s a clingy bastard as well as if they’ve only had just established their relationship yesterday.

But they’ve dated for 5 years which is a long time, yet Changbin still has lot of rooms in his head and heart for all the wonderful things he’s willing to say and do for the beautiful singer, and he knows Jamie feels the same. Which is why now, Changbin, is with an uneasy face, and in full panic mode because the singer had already read the messages, yet she doesn’t even respond.

Changbin: Are you there?

Reads

Changbin: Fudging reply to me Park Jimin, we cannot afford miscommunication in this relationship. Where the hell are u?

He chats again, to which Jamie only replies with a line of laughing sticker that annoys the hell out of the man. He starts walking around his room, biting his nails, wearing only his thin white shirt and black shortpants, almost ready to sleep the night away, if only he hadn’t seen Jamie’s IG story.

His phone suddenly rings with a ringtone that he set personally only for Jamie, and he jerks in surprise, almost dropping the phone on the floor.

“My God, women. What would it take for you to reply to me, you stupid head? Where are you?”

“Rude. Good evening to you too, Seo Changbin-ssi.”

The man hears a faint snort from the other line, and he doesn’t see it but he’s sure that the girl is now holding her laugh and sporting the nastiest smirk on the planet. And if only he was there with her right now, he’d absolutely remove that annoyingly hot smirk off her beautiful face.

Using his mouth. For like 10 seconds. Or 20 seconds?

Well, maybe more.

His eyes darts to the wall clock hanging and sees that it’s already 10pm, there’s a two hour time difference between them, which means it’s the New Year in South Korea. So, he calms himself down and sits at the foot of the bed. Heavily sighing,

“It’s already midnight there. Happy New Year, Jamie,” he says in a raspy voice, heart fluttering of emptiness, just gradually dropping in his stomach. God knows how much he want to hug the girl on the call and gives her a kiss right now.

If only he was there.

Well maybe, if only she was here                             

Damn. He’s turning into a pathetic sap of a boyfriend again.

“Thanks. But actually,” Jamie starts to talk, sassiness evident in her voice. “There’s still two hours left before New Year.”

After which, Changbin hears a knock on his door, his eyes widened as he took a deep breath and mouth agape as he sprints. He opens the door as quickly as he can and finds the well-mentioned girlfriend of his standing on the other side. And on impulse, the first thing he does is wrap his arms around her tightly like he would never let the smaller body go anytime soon, all formalities forgotten, because look! It’s the love of his life standing right in front of him just when he has been feeling sad about not celebrating the New Year’s Eve together.

He could literally cry from happiness right there and then.

“I can’t believe you’re here for me,” he pulls away from Jamie who’s just as flustered as he is.

“Actually, I came here for the sticky rice and mango,” Jamie savagely says and wink at Changbin, whose grin never escaped from his ridiculously handsome face.


“Shut up

He cups the singer face and kisses her like he never kissed her before. In the door of his hotel room. Doesn’t matter who sees them. He can take care of that later and just focus on the current moment. Savoring these soft full lips that he has been craving for like 2 weeks, leaving the owner of the lips breathless as he dips on it again and again.

Yup, 20 seconds just isn’t enough to wipe that smug smirk on his girlfriend face.

Really though, Changbin isn’t as emotionless as he appears to be.

Because while everybody else thinks he is stoic, cold and whatever, he’s actually has this cheesy and soft side, which only shown for his girlfriend and soon-to-be wife, Park Jimin.

Changbin nuzzle into her neck and sniffing, taking in her comforting familiar scent as much as he can before finally putting his lips there, trailing a wet kisses from her jaw, her ear to the crook of her neck, which makes the owner sigh in pleasure, it’s Jamie cue to took the initiative to stop, cause they’re not having a make-out session in public? She know that Changbin would never stop and probably going further if she didn’t stop him from savoring her like a predator in the hallway.

“Hmmmn... We- we canmbbb’t do that here”

For god sakes, they’re still in the hallway and Jamie is still jet-lagged. Yet Changbin wouldn’t stop her face and let her speak even for just a seconds.

Giving the man one last peck, she push Changbin shoulder’s forcefully (as strong as she can, otherwise the man wouldn't even budge) and to take a look at his handsome boyfriend who are now biting his lips to hide his frustrations (which is failed) and his sharp eyes hooded in a passionate yet hungry stares that could makes her legs gone weak,

Well well, she knew what is coming,

Don’t worry princess, I’m not gonna DO you here” He whisper in her right ear. Picking her up in a bridal style and pushing the room door closed with his legs.

God, if it’s not for Changbin who embraced her tightly now, she would probably falls as her legs maybe had already give up a long time ago.

Jamie is tired, but she knew she going to be sleepless tonight. She’s not complaining though.