perspective: Lisa

perspective
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They didn’t get along in the beginning.

No, calling it like that doesn’t sound right. Sure, they greeted each other with polite bows and smiles but that‘s the end it.

It was awkward after all. Who wouldn’t feel stiff when interacting with someone the whole internet ships you with.

It bothered Lisa a bit.

She knew Jungkook belongs to the circle of her friends but she just didn’t feel comfortable because of that tiny little thing.

Shipping.

It’s different from the way people shipped her with Bambam. That she could understand. Childhood tropes are popular after all. Even she found that type cute. But she doesn’t feel that uncomfortable because she knew him just as her friend knew her. It’s something the two of them can laugh about.

But with a person who she doesn’t know very well? That’s definitely not something you can joke about without the fear of offending the other.

It remained that way whenever her group met with his group at the backstage. But it wasn’t like she was constantly distracted by it. They never interacted that much after all. She actually wouldn’t think about this shipping thing but because Chaeyoung mentioned it a few times, she ended up analyzing her perspective about it.

To be clear, she never hated him or any of that sort. They just didn’t have something in common enough to make her feel the need to be closer friends with him.

That is until Rosie did it again. Accidentally reveal something that made the barrier shatter.

Dating.

To be fair, who wouldn’t be suspicious of someone who used to never--and she meant never--respond to chats on time?

Suddenly, as if a magical wind blew on her, one ping of her phone, the girl who used to take ages to reply was gone, replaced with another who immediately went to pick it up and proceeded to type back. Acting as if nothing out of the ordinary happened.

A ring, and with a lousy excuse, would go to her own room to have a minute to herself ‘cause her mom called. Who would believe that? Lisa even used to answer calls from her before, to the point where her mom failed to know whether it’s actually Chaeyoung who was talking or her.

Her phone was glued to her at all times.

At first, they dealt with her strange behavior with raised brows until it kept on repeating and repeating. Lisa felt it time to get the truth about it themselves. Chaeyoung just kept on trying to change or avoid the topic altogether whenever she asked in a roundabout way.

 

Her eyes met Jisoo’s, who had a face that was trying, but failing to keep the laughter to herself. Chaeyoung had once again, made an unbelievably bad excuse. 

As Lisa stood up, intent on going to Chaeyoung for answers, Jennie spoke. “Let her be. She’ll let us know when she think it’s ok.”

She took a moment to try to be understanding, lowering herself back to the couch. Though not lasting another minute, she stood once again as worry won her over. “She might be dating someone sketchy.”

Jennie, although looking a bit curious herself, still shook her head. “You’re not even sure if they’re really dating.” 

“That’s why I’m going to check. Unnie, even you acted that way when you’re-“

“-Still not right to invade her privacy like that.” Jennie interrupted fast.

“C’mon, don’t tell me you don’t wanna know.” 

She only shrugged, wearing a smile on her face. “I think I have an idea.”

“Wha- There’s actually someone?” Lisa gaped at her. “Who?!”

Jisoo gasped, looking at Jennie with sparkles in her eyes, ”I also know who it is.”

“Ohh really,” Jennie said as she leaned her ear to Jisoo. After a short whisper, she backed away, wide grin on her face. “Unnie, we’re genius!”

“Heh, great minds think alike.”

“Wait, wait, you already know who it is?” Lisa, not liking being out of the loop, proceeded to grab one of their shoulders and shook it as she exclaimed, “Who? Who is it? Tell me~”

“Hey,” Jennie exclaimed. “Stop shaking me. You’re making me dizzy.”

“Lisa,” sighed Jisoo. “You really don’t have an idea?” At the shook of her head, she heard Jisoo mutter, “Pity.”

“Unnie~” Defeated, Lisa pouted as she directed her gaze at Jennie. “You’ll tell me right? Right?” Doing her best aegyo.

“Ugh. Now, I definitely feel like throwing up.”

Jisoo only laughed as the youngest was teased. Her smug grin making a continuous appearance whenever Lisa asked for info. They strongly held on even if she bothered both of them all day.

 

It came to the point where Lisa had enough and did as she had planned in the beginning, barge into Chaeyoung’s bedroom and catch her in action.

First few times when she entered the room, there was nothing interesting happening. It was either she was sprawled on the bed or doing something she find entertaining. Lisa caught her recording videos of herself playing guitar, to her disappointment it actually was her recording a cover song. Not a video call with her mysterious someone.

“Chaeyoung-ah.”

“Hm?”

“Are you seeing someone?” Lisa gave up on subtleties in trying to figure out the truth. When no reply came, she turned to Chaeyoung only to find her oddly still. “Hey-“

Snapping out of her stupor, Chaeyoung went uncomfortably close as she asked continuous questions. “How did you- I didn’t. Was it those posts? It’s because of that isn’t it? Gosh, I told him to keep it down. He’s being way too obvious. Does he want to be discovered?”

Lisa eyes widened and like a cat, it twinkled mischievously. “Yeah,” she replied slowly. “Are you certain he’s actually decent? What if he's secretly taking advantage of you?”

“He’s not like that at all. He’s such a cinnamon bun but if you get to know him more deeper he’s surprisingly quite serious too. You know, he-“

Lisa chose to interrupt as she was getting impatient to know as to ‘who’ this mystery guy was. It was also felt safer to cut Chaeyoung’s praise marathon before it gets too much. “And how long did you know him? When did you start dating?”

“Ah no.” Chaeyoung shooked her head, lowering herself on her bed as she hugged a pillow to her chest. “Technically, we’re still not...” Chaeyoung ended her sentence, burying her face on her pillow.

“Not what?”

“Dating.” Not seeing Lisa’s stunned look, she continued. “We’re friends. Probably more than friends but-“

“He’s not dating you? Why? Then isn’t he just playing with you!?”

“No! Jungkook’s not like that. Well you know him, he’s famous and I- we have to focus on our careers first. I don’t think it’s the right time. We’re on the courting stage, I’d say. We’ll get there, I think. Eventually. And besides, he still haven’t ask. Not that I’d like him to ask when we're busy with schedules but- hey Lisa you listening?”

There was too much information to take in that moment, she could only gape at Chaeyoung. Who was increasingly getting worried at her silence.

“Hey, don’t ignore me.” She pouted at her. But Lisa failed to compose herself fast enough, her brain looking up to past and connecting the dots of their encounters up to this date.

Her reply could only be an astonished whisper, “It’s Jungkook? I didn’t expect that.”

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows.

“The others gotta know about this.” Lisa said as she stood, triumph sitting in her eyes. She discovered who it is first.

“Wha- Wait!” Chaeyoung confused, reached out and grasped Lisa’s hand, stopping her from leaving her room. “I thought- You said you knew... Right?” 

“I didn’t.” Lisa‘s grin getting wider at the obvious shock on Chaeyoung’s face. “Rosie, you just outed yourself.” Stunned, Chaeyoung unknowingly slackened her grip so Lisa, not stupid not to take that chance, sprinted outside to escape. Ignoring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter