Kitchen Encounters

Own Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3rd POV


It's been three weeks since Y/N has moved to Seoul, she has adjusted well to the city and is able to travel independently with confidence. Sure, she's still a little confused about the different arrays of cafes, and drunk businessmen lingering the streets at midnight, but she can traverse between her work, home, and Umma's home, which is all that really mattered to her anyway. 


Having the opportunity to work with the K-Tigers is not something she takes lightly, her father was a taekwondo champion in his youth, and opened his own dojo when she was younger, however, they had to close it down because his working shifts at the hospital became too long to manage two jobs. Taekwondo was her passion, and being able to practice it with others who shared that same drive boosted her confidence and pride. Even though she had a pretty difficult routine to keep her physique in the U.S., the K-Tigers were on a different level: 4 hours of straight practice from 8-11am, then self improvement classes provided by the company in the afternoon, more practice, and in the evening assisting Master Shin's children's class. The first week her legs were literally jelly and her brain was fried from all the classes she had, but she managed to make some friends that really helped her to get used to the training.


She glanced at the clock in the corner of the practice room, 4:57pm, just three more minutes, she thought. As much as she enjoyed her job, she did not want to spend an extra second on a Friday night. Come on come on, she fidgeted with the ends of her black belt, trying to distract herself from the sound of the clock.


"Okay everyone, class dismissed," Master Shin announced, and then clapped twice, Ah, that's my cue. Y/N zoomed out of the training room faster than the giggling kindergartners. At this point everyone was used to Y/N's silly antics, being the first one to leave training sessions was just one of them. She made her way to the changing room, and changed out of her uniform into some casual attire. As she exited the changing room, she was approached by her friends who were still in their uniform.


"Jesus Y/N, the way that you left was even faster than the way you threw your kicks!" Kangmin exclaimed, stifling a laugh. 


"What can I say Kangie? I just wanna go home as soon as possible!" Y/N replied.


"Don't we all?" Hyunmin added.


"Yeah but there's no way I'm going to spend another hour here to learn K-pop-taekwondo fusion choreographies." Y/N stated, and stuck out her tongue teasingly.


"I don't know Y/N, you should give it a try, I've heard that the executives want to create a performance group with us, maybe you can join us?" Minji said, Hyunmin and Kangmin nodded in agreement.


"Well I don't know you guys, I'm still kinda new so I don't know how much I can handle at the moment, but I'll send you a text when I make a decision okay?" 


"Yeah!" The trio cheered, and you laughed at their reaction. 


"Well, I better go guys, my bed is calling me right now," Y/N said, and the four of them bid their goodbyes. 


Y/N made her way to the subway station and took a seat on the train back home, she then whipped out her phone to see if there were any messages that she needed to reply to.


Umma [2 unread messages]
Katie <3 [7 unread messages]


Y/N opened the chat room with Katie and began to read the messages.


(8:05am)
Katie: 
good morning sweetie
i just found out that i have nothing to do this weekend which means i get to text you more >:)
oh wait youre probably getting ready right now
I hope you have fun at work today <3

(11:13am)
Katie: 
hiiiii 
youre on break hurry up and respond


(5:07pm)
Katie: 
y/n :ccccc


Y/N immediately typed up a response.

(5:28pm)
Y/N: 
good evening babe
sometimes i genuinely believe that you dont have a job even tho you said you do 
yeah i did have fun at work, we did some acrobatics which is always interesting, ill send you a vid one day
and srry i wasnt able to respond during my break, my phone died, i only got around to charging it after my class

(5:30pm)
Katie:
 tsk i wont take that comment to heart since you called me babe, but i do have a job, its just my working days are weird

Y/N:
 like you?

Katie: 
stfu

Y/N: 
make me

Katie: 
no <3

Y/N:
 heart beEn brOke So maNy tiMes ;-;

Katie: 
youre so dramatic, anyways i wanna see you perform your flying trickssss

Y/N: 
no <3

Katie: 
omgggg

Y/N: 
brb im at my stop

Katie: 
kk


Y/N exited the subway station and walked to her apartment complex. She punched in the keycode to her apartment, slipped off her shoes, and plopped herself on the bed. The warmth of her comforters and the fatigue caused her eyes to close, and she began to drift into slumber.


She woke up and groaned, her nap felt like all she did was blink; Y/N unlocked her phone, 10:41pm, . She immediately sent a text to Katie.


(10:41pm)
Y/n: 
Sorry i fell asleep as soon as i got home

Katie:
i didnt know it took 5 hours for someone to leave the subway station


Y/n: smh, youre lucky i love yo—

Wait what? She quickly erased the message.

Y/n: smh, youre lucky i lo—

Y/n: smh, your—


Y/N:
 smh
i have a right to sleep yk :p

Katie:
 ikik i just love messing with you.

Yeah, with my heart. I mean, there's no way I love Katie, right? Sure, I’m probably already attached to her as a person and likes her personality, but love? I don't even know what Katie looks like, hell, I’ve only seen her from the bust down, which leaves a lot of doors open. There's no way you can love someone you've never met before, right? Too many thoughts were plaguing her mind, and she was in no condition to deal with a migraine right now. 


Y/N: 
Katie i think ima have to call it a night, im really tired and i think im getting a headache rn

Katie:
oh ok, i understand
I hope you feel better sweetie <3 good night

Y/N: 
night babe


Y/N changed into her pajamas and made her way to the kitchen. As she was preparing a little snack for herself, her phone began to ring. She took the call and said, "Hello?"


"Lee Y/N, why haven't you responded to my texts?" Her mother asked.


"Oh shoot Umma, I totally forgot, when I came home I passed out."


"It's fine Y/N, but next time don't do that okay? I was worried."


"Ok ok, um, Umma can I ask you something?" 


"Sure, what is it Y/N?" 


"Can we hang out tomorrow? I haven't seen you all week and I kind of miss you." One of Y/N's reasons for moving to Seoul was so that she could see her mother more often, but she didn't expect that balancing work and family to be this hard.


"I'm sorry baby but my schedule is sorta packed tomorrow," Umma stated.


"Oh," Y/N began to sigh, just when her schedule is free, of course her mother's isn't. There was a pregnant pause until Umma began to speak.


"Hey, how about you accompany me to my schedule tomorrow?" Umma offered.


"Wait, really?" Y/N exclaimed, her mood immediately brightened.


"Mhm, the company wants me to deliver some handmade food to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter