how they met

negative thoughts

 

“Sana...” Mina stopped walking as soon as the house was now on her sight. “I think I wanna go back home,” she gulps trying to remove Sana’s grip from her left hand. “I don’t think this party are for freshmen..” 

 

 

“Nonsense! This party are for everyone!” Sana happily exclaimed as she tried to drag Mina towards the loud house once again. “And I heard the seniors are here as well,” she winks at Mina and stops her track in front of the open door, fixing her outfit. Mina checks hers too. Then both girls entered the house.

 

 

The smell of alcohol was the first thing that entered Mina’s nose almost making her vomit in her spot. She looks around the house and it was already a mess. Mina assumed that she was the only freshman inside since Sana, a junior, was with her. Each room were full of students who were dancing along the music, drinking, and strangers making out on the couch. 

 

 

Mina just wanted to go home. She wasn’t used to this lifestyle. 

 

 

She heard Sana’s laughter beside her even if the music was loud. She looks at her best friend.

 

 

“You should’ve seen your face!” Sana points at Mina’s face while clutching her stomach from laughter too hard. 

 

 

Mina only pouted. 

 

 

Sana breaths, “Let’s have some fun, Minari! Welcome to college!” she screams ignoring the people looking at her weirdly as she drags Mina into the kitchen where there are only few people inside. 

 

 

Mina leans in on the counter, crossing her arms covering her outfit that Sana had picked out for her. It was a tight dress. Not to revealing but it made Mina uncomfortable. 

 

 

Sana hands her a red cup. She gave her a look. 

 

 

“Don’t worry. It’s just cola,” Sana winks at her. “I know how much you hate alcohol,” she hugs Mina from her side and started dancing making her best friend giggle at her silly antics. 

 

 

Then they heard a loud chant from the living room. The Japanese girls looks at each other, Mina shook her head knowing what Sana was about to do. On the other hand, Sana, grabbed her wrist then started dragging her once again to where the chanting was coming from. 

 

 

“Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!” Students yelled followed by Sana who was joining in the fun. 

 

 

Mina couldn’t help but to take a look to who was the person people was cheering for. 

 

 

“A girl...” She mumbled. She doesn’t know who it was but she guessed that she was popular since everyone else was hyping her.

 

 

“That’s the Im Nayeon,” Sana said when she heard Mina’s mumbling. “She’s a star player. Soccer.” Mina nods.

 

 

“And...she has this girl reputation,” Sana added making Mina choke on her drink. “But she’s gay,” she laughs.

 

 

“Ho-how do you know all of this?” Mina stutters still recovering. 

 

 

“Mina! It’s all over the campus!” 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina cannot take it anymore. She needed to lay down. The smell of alcohol and everyone’s perfume was too much for her. It was making vomit. She told Sana about her situation and the older told her they could just go home but Mina declined saying she’ll find a room to rest and that Sana could just get her. She won’t ruin Sana’s fun just because she’s not used to everything in the party. 

 

Passing through people was a bit struggling since they were dancing and all over the room even in the stairs Mina was in. She had to apologize every now and then though it wasn’t her fault. She was being careful not to bump into them. Finally, she found the hallway of the rooms. There were actually two, she went on the one on the right as there were no one there. She entered the third room confused to why it had numbers on the door but she chose to ignore it. 

 

“Ah, finally!” She drop herself on the bed, removing her heels that was starting to hurt and made herself comfortable. 

 

Mina closed her eyes and was drifting to sleep when she heard the door opening and closing followed by a click indicating that it was locked. She turns to only see a silhouette of a person walking towards her removing her jacket. 

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting. I was busy drinking,” 

 

Mina was getting scared. She didn’t know what to do instead she just froze there. 

 

Until the light from outside hits the person’s face.

 

Im Nayeon.

 

Mina only watched her removing her shoes putting it aside carefully like it was something that could break. Mina looked around the room, there were no bathroom she could run to and there was handcuffs in the table beside her. She turns her head again to the senior who was about to remove her shirt until Mina stopped her.

 

“Wait! What are you doing?!” She threw a pillow at her and grabs another one to cover her body moving away from her. 

 

“Uh?” Nayeon was dumbfounded. “Getting ? Aren’t you supposed to be too?” she tried to balance herself. 

 

“What?! Why would I be ?” Mina asked. 

 

“Because you’re a stripper? And the party host paid you guys?” Nayeon wasn’t fully drunk but her words was slur. 

 

“I am not a stripper!” Mina shouted. But no one could hear her aside from Nayeon since the room was sound proof and music was blasting outside the room. 

 

Nayeon shook her head, running to the door unlocking it looking outside to see her room number then went back inside not forgetting to lock it. “I am in the right room,” she frowns. 

 

She shook her head again then starts walking close to Mina. “You’re not a stripper, indeed. You’re a freshman!” She widens her eyes. “What are you doing here? You’re not supposed to be here!” she added. 

 

“I was just trying to rest! I didn’t know this was a strip club!” Mina bites back. 

 

“You’re lucky I was the one who entered if not I don’t know what will happen to you! There could be bad guys, you know!? And with that dress you’re wearing! Who could resist that?!” Nayeon rambles then glanced at Mina who turned quiet looking down at her lap. “Hey,” her voice softened, “I’m sorry for scaring you,” 

 

Nayeon walks to where her jacket was and went back to Mina placing it on her shoulder. “I’m sorry,” 

 

She doesn’t why she became soft for a freshman she just met. 

 

“I’ll go home now,” Mina wipes her tears then putting the pillow beside. “Sorry for ruining your night,” she mumbled but Nayeon heard it. 

 

“Are you—“ Nayeon stopped when Mina looked at her. Gosh she’s so beautiful. I just wanna keep her in my pocket and take care of her for the rest of my life. Why did I just met you now?

 

She cleared , “Are you going home alone?” she asked while Mina shook her head.

 

“I have Sana with me.” Mina stood up from the bed after putting her heels back. 

 

“I saw her with Momo,” Nayeon said fast. Too fast. Hoping that she’ll get to drive Mina home because she felt like she wanted to be with her for a long time. She wanted to spend time with her. Mina only gave her a confused look. “They’re dating,” 

 

Mina nodded and heads outside the bedroom. Nayeon puts on her shoes back on fast trying to catch up with Mina and so she won’t lose her in the crowd but luckily she just saw her walking down the stairs. 

 

She successfully followed Mina until they were already outside the house. She smiled when she sees Mina still wearing her jacket then it faded when she see a group of men walking towards her girl. Her girl.  Mina still hasn’t seen them but she knows she will feel uncomfortable. So she quickly dashed towards her holding her hand. Mina was about to retract her hand when she sees men behind Nayeon walking towards them. 

 

“Let’s go?” Nayeon said leading Mina to her car without giving the group a single glance. 

 

 

 

 

 

Nayeon took one last turn before arriving at Mina’s house. Once she stopped none of them uttered a word, they were in complete silent. Mina was trying to think what to say to the senior but Nayeon beats her to it.

 

“So...” 

 

“So?” 

 

“This is your house..”

 

“This is my house.” 

 

Come on Nayeon, say it!

 

“Do you think—“ Nayeon turns to Mina. ! Shouldn’t have done that. Now I’m ing nervous. Why am I nervous? I’ve done this a million times! 

 

“Do I think what?” 

 

“DoyouthinkIhaveachancewithyou?” Nayeon said closing her eyes. She only opens it when she heard Mina laughs. 

 

“So?” She asked once more. “Do I?” 

 

“Let me think about it..” Mina made a thinking face. The senior looks at her waiting for an answer. “Maybe..” 

 

“Maybe?! Not sure? Fifty-fifty?”

 

Mina nodded. 

 

“We aren’t even friends so why do you think I’ll give you a chance right away? You have to win my heart first.” Mina smirked. 

 

“Win your heart? So— so you mean there are other people asking you too?” Nayeon was already thinking she was going to loose hope. We just met this night and Mina might have been courted by a guy for— I don’t know, maybe at least, for months now! 

 

“No. But I’m not an easy girl.” 

 

Nayeon exhales, “Okay,” she gave Mina a challenging look. 

 

Mina smirks, "I think I changed my mind." 
 

"What?! Why?" Nayeon panicks. 
 

"Someone told me you have this girl reputation and do not forget what happened in the room earlier. You were going to me," 

 

"I'll change! I promise. Just...give me a chance."

 

"Okay. But if ever I see you with other girls, say bye bye to your only chance." 
 

"I promise!" Nayeon raised one hand. 
 

"You'll be my first relationship, if ever you succeed. So..."

 

"Challenge accepted!"  

 

"Don't disappoint me, Im." Mina jokingly said. Nayeon nodded.

 

 

 

"I'll win your heart."