one

negative thoughts

// Wednesday, 3:55 am //

 

 

Loud soft snores was heard throughout the whole bedroom.

 

It was from Nayeon. Already dead asleep.

 

While Mina, she was not. 

 

There were thoughts running through her mind as she looks up at the ceiling. She couldn’t sleep. She tried, but can’t. She couldn’t erase negative thoughts in her head. She even wanted to slam her head on the wall just to stop these unnecessary imaginations.

 

She glanced at the sleeping bunny beside her. Her back was facing Mina. Mina frowns. 

 

She wanted to turn Nayeon around so she could make her spoon her or move herself in front of her girlfriend. No, wife. 

 

She sighs.

 

Mina and Nayeon had been married for 3 years now. But she’s still not used to calling Nayeon her wife. She is very happy with Nayeon, she really is. But sometimes, she can’t stop thinking about the possibility of Nayeon loosing her interest in Mina. Or her love for her. 

 

Mina sat up leaning her back against the head board looking at the sleeping girl beside her. Her only light was coming from the moon. She loves the moon.

 

She caress Nayeon’s head, feeling the older girl leaned to her touch. 

 

Mina felt tears in her eyes. She blinks making them fall, sniffing as she moves her hand away from Nayeon placing it back to her lap. She felt Nayeon shift then she wipes her tears. 

 

“Baby...” she heard her wife said in her raspy voice. When Nayeon didn’t heard a response, she turned her body facing Mina. She looked up to the younger seeing her sitting. “What’s wrong?” 

 

Mina shook her head. “Nothing”

 

Nayeon rubs her eyes before she sits beside Mina wrapping her arm around her shoulder. Mina leaned her head into Nayeon’s shoulder.

 

“Tell me..” Nayeon softly said rubbing Mina’s arm. “Tell me everything that’s bothering you..” 

 

Mina only sniffs.

 

“Nothing’s bothering me. Just go back to sleep,” Mina tried pushing Nayeon away who only kissed her on her forehead. 

 

“No, baby. Tell me, what’s wrong?” 

 

Mina doesn’t know whether to tell her wife or just keep it to herself to avoid fights. Why was she acting like this?

 

“Unnie..” Mina whispers. Oh, how Nayeon loves it when her wife calls her unnie. It brings back memories. She doesn’t mind Mina calling her others names but Mina calling her an unnie just hits different since that’s where they started.

 

Nayeon hums.

 

“Are you sure you still like me?” 

 

Of course! Nayeon wasn’t surprised that Mina asked her this. Every time Mina is on her period, she keeps thinking unnecessary imaginations that will lead her to overthinking. Nayeon wanted to laugh but she only bit her lower lip.

 

“You didn’t regret marrying me, right?” Mina cries. Nayeon lowers her head, still trying to keep her laugh. She can’t let Mina see her reaction or else her wife will get angry and let her sleep on the couch. Not again. Nuh-uh!

 

“Minari, baby..” Nayeon placed both of her hands on Mina’s cheeks, squeezing it lightly making her look like a duck. “I don’t like you...” she paused while Mina frowns. “I love you.” she said making Mina smile. “And of course I don’t regret marrying you! Only fools do that! I’m supposed to ask you that. You don’t regret marrying me, right? I’m dumb and you’re not. I’m stupid and you’re smart. We’re opposite, Mina. But— wait! Opposite attracts!” Nayeon rambled. Mina wrapped her arms on Nayeon’s waist, with her head on her neck.

 

“I love you, unnie. And if you’re waiting for me to disagree with you at the dumb and stupid part, it’s gonna be long night.” Mina laughs as she tightened her hold on Nayeon as if Nayeon is going to run away from her. 

 

“Was that the reason why you couldn’t sleep, hm? You should’ve woke me up, baby...” Nayeon kissed Mina’s crown. “Next time tell me when you’re starting to overthink things, okay?” 

 

Mina nods. “I don’t think I can sleep anymore,” she moves away from Nayeon looking outside the window noticing the sun is rising. She had been awake for 2 hours thinking things that won’t happen. Not in a million years. 

 

“Yeah, me too. Hey, remember in college where we stay up all night because you wanted to watch the sunset then we got caught by the guards?” Nayeon laughs at the memory. 

 

“Then you pushed me inside my dorm room and took the blame? How could I forget. It was the best memories I’ve made so far in mu freshman year.” 

 

“I can’t believe I dated a freshman.” Nayeon joked earning a slap from Mina and a small pout. “I’m just kidding baby,” she kissed her lips. 

 

“I’m really glad I let Sana dragged me into that welcome party for the students or else I wouldn’t have met you..” 

 

“The way we met each other was kind of an awkward situation, you know?” Nayeon let out a nervous laugh. 

 

Mina glares at her.

 

“Yeah, you thought I was one of those girls you during parties.” She pushed Nayeon away as she crosses her arms still glaring at the older. 

 

“Baby— Mina... let’s forget about that shall we?” Nayeon tried holding Mina but was pushed away once again. Shouldn’t have brought that up. “But y—you know we just hung out that night, right? Right?” 

 

Mina’s face softened then followed by her gummy smile. That’s more like it.

 

“Yeah! That was my first wild party. The others were just birthday parties.” She sat between Nayeon’s leg resting her head on her chest. “I love how we met.”

 

“It’s not like the bumping into each other in the hallways kind of situation,” 

 

Mina hums, closing her eyes. “I love you, unnie..” 

 

“I love you too,” 

 

 

 

-

I might post on how they met