Five

SPY

Donghae slowly sat up from the bed, he looked around to see that he was at the medical bay with Shindong on the bed next to him. He stood up when he realized there was nobody else except him and Shindong who was still passed out. He realized that some of his wounds were already treated and that they changed his bloody clothes with something clean.

Donghae sighed, he can't believe he was gonna betray the only place he knew as home. Though after everything Heechul told him, he wasn't sure if he could call this place home anymore.

 

The door opened, causing Donghae to run back to his bed and act like he was asleep. He opened one of his eyes to peek at whoever entered the room, it was Changmin, one of the nurses here, and sure enough he had his ID card with him. It was Donghae's only way to save Ryeowook without wasting too much time here. Donghae slowly stood up, and slowly went up to Changmin when he wasn't looking. And when Changmin turned around, Donghae punched him causing the taller man to fall on the floor, when he was about to look at the culprit who punched him, Donghae already knocked him out.

"Sorry Changmin.. I want to borrow your ID card if you don't mind"

Donghae took the ID card and quickly left the medical bay, navigating his way around the building he once knew as home to search where Ryeowook was.

 

He found the place where they were keeping prisoners, but he didn't know where they were keeping Ryeowook. He didn't want to accidentally open a cell that belonged to a serial killer or something like that. He carefully looked through the windows trying to find Ryeowook. Donghae saw a familiar figure laying down on a bed with a certain someone. He unlocked the door using the ID card and quickly barged in, 

"Seriously you two? In a cell room?". 

Donghae rolled his eyes, he finds it amusing actually. Siwon quickly stood up and awkwardly slides away from Ryeowook's bed,

"Uhh it's not what you think". He tried to explain, but Donghae paid him no attention. Donghae took Ryeowook's hand, and pulled him out of the room leaving Siwon confused at what's going on, he stood there for a minute before he heard a loud sigh outside and Donghae coming back to take him.

"Siwon do you reckon we still have that secret passageway in our room?"

"Umm.. Yeah? Wait wha-"

Donghae took both Siwon and Ryeowook's hand and ran as fast as he could to their old dorm room, pulling the two with him.

 

Donghae smiled when he realized Kyuhyun was nowhere to be seen. He entered the room and quickly told the two to enter before finally locking the door behind them. Siwon and Ryeowook were both confused, Donghae just suddenly pulled them into this without explanation, and he thought they would just roll with it?

Siwon went up to Donghae who was busy pushing in the code to open the trap door, "Care to explain what I'm putting myself into sir?".

"I'm taking Ryeowook back to safety of course! And you're coming with me, there's no way i'm leaving my not so brother in this hell hole"

 

Ryeowook sighed in relief, he should've seen that coming. Siwon on the other hand was upset, how dare Donghae called the place that they've stayed in almost all their life a hell hole, they were practically raised here. The trap door opened and Donghae gestured to Ryeowook to go in, "After you sir".

"Thank you Donghae, Finally somebody useful". Ryeowook emphasized on the word useful before entering the passageway.

Donghae stepped back and waited for Siwon to enter the passageway, but he didn't. Siwon crossed his arms arounds his chest, glaring at Donghae. 

"How dare you betray us? So you were working for Kim Heechul you son of a-"

Donghae closed Siwon's mouth with his hands, he shushed him. 

"Go in and i'll explain everything"

"No"

 

Donghae glared at Siwon, and entered the passageway by himself. Before he catches up to Ryeowook who was way ahead, he turned to Siwon who was still glaring at him.

"Siwon, do you remember what happened to your dad?"

Siwon scoffed, of course he knew what happened to his dad, "He died on a dangerous mission, leeteuk couldn't find his body.. Why would you even ask this".

Donghae chuckled, which made Siwon even more mad. He can’t believe Kim Heechul made him a psychopath.

"He's alive Siwon.. Your family is alive, Hyukjae's family is alive, my family is alive".

Siwon looked at him in disbelief. For the first time in his 17 years of being an active agent, he was always told none of the agents there had parents. All he knew was that Leeteuk took them all in after the death of their parents.

 

As much as Siwon would say that’s a lie, he knew Donghae wouldn't lie if it was something related to their parents. Siwon closed his eyes and breathed in, he’s choice is going to affect almost everyone, but for once in his life, he wants to be egoistic.

“Take me to my family.. If they’re still alive as you say”

Donghae smiled, he motioned Siwon to get in the passageway and follow him. Siwon got in and closed the door behind him. He knew after this he won’t be able to come back here again, because in the eyes of leeteuk he’s a traitor now.

 

He walked through the tunnel with Donghae and Ryeowook, above them was the facility, so they could directly hear people running around the halls looking for them. Someone pressed the emergency button while they were entering the passageway, now it seems everyone in the facility was on high alert. 

Donghae motioned for them to walk faster, the more time they spend down here, the more time for someone to remember about this passageway.

The way out was already visible, but Siwon felt uneasy, he knew Leeteuk was gonna find them soon, that man always knows what’s going on in here.

 

As they arrived at the exit, Donghae poked his head out to check if the coast was clear, and thankfully it was. Donghae came out of the tunnel, and helped Ryeowook up. 

Siwon left the tunnel and stretched a bit, he looked around to see the back garden empty, he sighed in relief.

“Now all we need to do is wait for Heechul hyung to come and pick us up..”

Donghae looked at the watch on his hand, Heechul should be here in 15 minutes if he’s on time. Because if he’s a minute late, it could be over for them.

 

“And where do you boys think you’re going?”

Donghae and Siwon stiffened at the familiar voice, they didn’t need to turn their head to know who it was. Ryeowook raised his eyebrow, he turned to the older man that just arrived. The man had a smile on his face, but Ryeowook noticed the gun that he was pointing at them.

Siwon moved in front of Ryeowook, guarding him so Leeteuk won’t possibly shoot him. Donghae didn’t know what to do, they were all unarmed while Leeteuk had a gun on him and there was no way they could outrun a bullet.

“Leeteuk hyung..”

“Donghae.. Good to see my favourite student alive, but not for long apparently” Leeteuk said with a smile on his face. Donghae raised his eyebrow, “How could i be your favourite? When we literally never met each other face to face?”.

His former boss shrugged, “Thought it would make you feel guilty and come back here”.

 

Leeteuk now pointed his gun at Siwon, he laughed at the scene in front him, Siwon really tried to shield Ryeowook.

“I just don’t understand why you're guarding the bait so much..”

Suddenly a car crashed through the gate, causing Leeteuk to drop his gun. The car stopped a few meters in front of them.

Ryeowook smiled, he knew only one person who would make a dramatic entrance like this, he never felt so relieved for having an overdramatic dad. Heechul exited the car, wearing glasses and a suit. He smiled at the three boys and waved at them, but when he turned to Leeteuk he frowned and removed his glasses. As Heechul walked towards him, Leeteuk grabbed his gun and pointed it at Heechul.

To Leeteuk’s dismay, Heechul only stopped walking and raised his hands up. He wanted the man to pull out a gun and aimed it at him, or do something to fight back. But instead he stood there, with a eating grin on his face.

 

“Teukie, haven’t seen you in a while”

Heechul took a step closer to Leeteuk, he knew the man wouldn’t dare to shoot him. With all the years they spent chasing each others tail, there was no way Leeteuk would murder him that easily.

“How can we see each other when you’ve been so secretive about yourself Chullie”.

 

Heechul kept walking towards Leeteuk, each step he took was slow and calculated. Ryeowook wanted to step in to push his dad away, but Siwon had a strong grip on him. So he could only watch as his father walked closer to the gun.

Heechul was finally close enough to Leeteuk, the gun was now touching his forehead. He could see the other man biting his lips, it seems like it was a habit he had every time he was nervous. Heechul kept his eye contact with Leeteuk, both of them glaring daggers at each other.

“Teuk.. if i come back and start doing crime again, will you let go of my son and his friends”

Leeteuk chuckled, he rolled his eyes at Heechul before putting his fingers on the trigger, “Oh your son can go after this.. What i’m looking for is you after all”

Leeteuk was ready to push the trigger, he was doing this with a heavy heart. He used to love this man so much, but he knew he couldn’t keep a villain like him in this world.

 

“Before you shoot me can i.. Do this”

Heechul used one of his hands to lower Leeteuk’s gun, he slowly leaned in to give the man a soft kiss. Leeteuk’s eyes widened, he wanted to pull away but his body won’t move from his current position, he could only melt in the kiss. Perhaps this is what he wanted from Heechul, did he fall in love with Heechul? Is that why he was so angry when he heard that Heechul had a child. 

Heechul pulled away, he gave Leeteuk a soft smile, “Teukie.. I’m sorry”.

Leeteuk frowned, he didn’t know why Heechul was saying that to him. Heechul this time took a few steps back from Leeteuk. Of course this brought him back to reality, he pointed his gun at Heechul again, ready to push the trigger.

When the sound of a gunshot was heard, Ryeowook hugged Siwon and hid his face, he couldn’t brace himself to look at his dad on the ground with a bullet hole in his body. He’s not ready to lose his dad yet. But instead of hearing the scream of his father, the scream came from the man his father has been conversing with for the past minute.

 

The sharp pain that went through his left thigh caused Leeteuk to fall, he held his thigh in pain. A bullet from behind shot him directly on the thigh. Footsteps can be heard walking towards him, presumably belonging to whoever shot him. He winced in pain as he stood up, he tried to aim his gun at whoever it was, but they were fast enough to disarm him.

Siwon's eyes widened at who it was, “Kyuhyun..”.

 

Kyuhyun held Leeteuk back so he wouldn’t be able to get his gun or attack anyone else. He looked at Siwon with a smile. He couldn’t believe he was actually doing this, there was nothing he’ll get from helping them out like this. The only thing he was sure of though, Siwon would live happily after this, and that is everything he needed, his happiness is Siwon’s happiness.

 

“All of you better leave now! I’m not sure how much longer i can hold him back with how much he’s struggling and there’s more agents coming this way, so please.. Save yourselves!”

Heechul quickly signaled the driver to turn on the car, he motioned at the boys to go towards the car. Donghae didn’t waste his time and went towards the car, he sent a salute to Kyuhyun and gave him a proud smile, the younger boy smiled back and responded with a nod. Ryeowook pulled Siwon towards the car, but the man stood in his spot.

“Andr- i mean Siwon, we have to go”

Siwon shaked his head, he didn’t want to leave Kyuhyun just like that, they’re brothers even if they didn’t have the same parents, the bond they’ve made over all these years can’t be just thrown out the window like that. He frowned, why couldn’t Kyuhyun just come with them.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “Hyung! Stop wasting time! Just go!”

 

Siwon finally gave up and went towards the car, before entering the vehicle, he turned towards Kyuhyun once again, “Kyu-”

“Siwon Hyung I love you!”.

Siwon was processing what Kyuhyun said when Donghae pulled him in the car, before entering the car Ryeowook looked towards Kyuhyun, they gave each other a knowing nod. He entered the car not too long after Siwon. The car quickly started and left the garden, leaving Kyuhyun with Leeteuk who at this point was screaming for him to let go. Kyuhyun hit Leeteuk on the head causing the older man to lose consciousness.

He picked the man up and walked towards the facility once again, but halfway he stopped in his tracks and faced back towards the road the other left on.

 

“Kim Ryeowook you better take good care of him”.

 

Later that night at Heechul’s mansion, everyone was resting from the eventful day. Heechul locked himself up in his office, Donghae was treating some of his wounds, Ryeowook was in his room, and Siwon was nowhere to be seen. The last time Ryeowook saw him was earlier today when they first arrived, and the man wasn’t in a good mood either.

Ryeowook flopped on his bed, he wondered what he should do now. He couldn’t bother his dad for sure, the man immediately went to his office when they arrived, he’s not that close to Donghae.. 

 

Ryeowook sighed, then he’ll just sleep the night away. Then he’ll go back home tomorrow, though that wasn’t really a safe choice, he’ll probably stay here till everything calms down a bit.

A knock on the door was heard, Ryeowook sat up at the sound of it,

“Come in!”

He hoped that it was Siwon, they needed to have a long talk together. But instead of seeing the tall handsome man, the person who appeared was Hangeng.

“Oh.. it’s you”

Hangeng chuckled at Ryeowook’s unenthusiastic reply, “I’m just letting you know.. Your boyfriend has been up at the rooftop for quite a few hours now, you should go check on him”.

Ryeowook furrowed his eyebrows at Hangeng’s words, boyfriend? He couldn’t mean..

“Yes i’m talking about that Siwon kid.. Seriously go check up on him”

 

Ryeowook instantly stood up and left his room, he thanked Hangeng before leaving. The older man could only shake his head as he closed the door to Ryeowook’s room, he hoped everything goes well between the two. Spy or not, he could see Ryeowook absolutely adores Siwon.

He arrived at the door of the rooftop, he took a second to catch his breath. Ryeowook opened the door slightly, he saw Siwon looking up at the sky, from the look of his eyes, Ryeowook knew he had something on his mind.

 

Ryeowook opened the door as quietly as he could, but Siwon still looked towards the door as he opened it. He waved at Siwon who smiled back at him, the tall man pats the vacant seat next to him. Ryeowook sat next to him, he looked up at the sky to see what Siwon has been looking at this whole time. It was the night of course, but it was filled with stars. Little bright dots accompanying the moon to light up the night, it looked really pretty, it’s been a few weeks since the last time he saw the sky. He forgot about how calming it was to just spend time looking at it.

 

“I’m sorry..”

Ryeowook was a little bit shocked to hear that from Siwon so suddenly, he turned to the man who quickly avoided his gaze. He didn’t know what to say of course he was angry that apparently the person he knew and liked wasn’t well real.. But then again what’s the difference between Andrew and Siwon, both of them were kind to him. Sure Siwon was a little bit cold to him at first, but they got closer again in the end.

 

So Ryeowook scooted closer to Siwon, and rested his head on his shoulder. Siwon stared at the other man before putting his hand over Ryeowook’s shoulder, he didn’t know what he was doing but it felt right.

“Siwon.. Starting tomorrow, let’s start over”

“Huh?” Siwon tilted his head, he didn’t understand what Ryeowook was saying. Start over as in their friendship or did Ryeowook mean something more?

Ryeowook stopped leaning against him and stood up, he stood in front of Siwon and reached out his hand to shake.

“Hi.. my name is Ryeowook”

Siwon almost laughed at how cute the man in front of him is, he shaked Ryeowook’s hand and smiled at him, “Nice to meet you Ryeowook.. I hope this time everything goes well”.