Three

Your are my psycho

“I can’t let you in.” I looked at the man in front of me looking exhausted and bothered. He stood straight guarding the door even though he didn’t seem like he slept at all last night. I turned to Wendy who gave me an ‘I told you so’ look. Well you can’t blame me for trying. He looked at us more strictly and made a gesture for us to leave. I walked out of the condominium building with Wendy looking more than annoyed beside me. She picked up her phone that was ringing nonstop so I took the time to take in the surrounding of the building. Something caught my attention, I walked up to the guard who was listening what sounded like a news channel. He wasn’t paying attention to me as he was preparing instant noodle for dinner. As I walked closer, I could clearly hear the sound that was coming out of his smart phone.

‘As you already heard, Hero Entertainment had confirm that the famous boy group FORCE’s leader Park Kwangsoo had gone missing. In this difficult time, the remaining four member even though are still worrying about his safety had agreed to greet their fans and reminisced all the great things that their leader had done for them. We hope the other members’ voices can lead our beloved star back home.’ The MC of the radio show finished his talk and let the members introduced themselves one by one. I stood at a far distant from the guard and kept on listening, he didn’t seem to mind even after he noticed me. I gave him a smile as I turned back to Wendy who ran toward me.

“Seulgi, the manager requested us to meet him in the parking lot of the building. He said he had something to tell us.”

 

“What changed your mind?” The manager looked at uneasy as he suggested us stay hidden from the security camera. He handed me a note, it was a receipt from an animal clinic. He didn’t say anything before walking back inside the building without answering my question. I walked back into the car, Wendy was still talking on the phone. She hung up as I flopped down on the passenger seat. She looked at me questionably as to why I had come back so fast. I flipped the paper that I just got and written on its back was ‘I hope this help you find what you’re looking for fast. They decided to let me take the blame and go to jail. They will turn it into a suicide case by using a fake body.’ Wendy looked at me in horror then she put her head on the steering wheel. I haven’t notice it before but Wendy looked really tired today. She must have been running around cleaning my mess again. I brought up my phone and searched for the radio show that was lived not too long ago. Wendy turned her head toward the video that was streaming, she looked at me before grabbing the steering wheel.

“Let’s not put an innocent man in jail. Let’s summon all the members in for interrogation.” I nodded agree with her decision.

“Let’s get the paper work and then we can put you to bed.” She looked at me as if asking how I know. I laughed. What an airhead.

“It’s hard, isn’t it? Being friend with me.” I put my head down not really want to face the truth. The truth is I have no one else but her. I know I put her through a lot of stuffs but I would never want her to walk out of my life.

“Not at all. Even if I have to choose, I would still walk in there and save you all over again.” She said still smiling as brightly as the burning sun. I smiled back and scoffed at her cheesiness. Because the truth is, I only live this life for her.

 

“Yah Kang Seulgi, I thought you disappeared and left this poor soul with me forever. I was going to change her name and introduced her to her family members.” Joy and her stupid fake crying face greeted me early in the morning as I walked into her clinic. How did I not see this coming? I ignored her and walked toward the now awaked and cheerful furry ball in front of me. She purred as she held my hand with her small legs and start me.

“Aw what a cutie, she started grooming you already. I thought you had an urgent case, why come back so early? You and Wendy were not staying up all night again right?” She said as she brought her cup of coffee up for a sip. What was that I hear? Jealousy?

“Nope I cuddled her to sleep after we had gone two rounds of fun and wild love making together.” Coffee flew right out of as she was coughing hard, I took a hold of Mickey as I was laughing my of at Joy’s reaction.

“Cough cough Wh-what?” She asked as she tried hard to catch her breath. I put my free hand on her back and started rubbing it, she pushed my hand away trying to stay mad. But I knew she can never stay mad for long.

“It’s a joke. Anyway I’m not here for Mickey yet. You’re going to have to take care of her for a while.” She nodded understanding. As long as this case still dragging, I can’t bring her home when I’m not going to be there. I put a paper on the table and gestured joy to look at it. She picked it up and gave me a questionable look.

“This is a receipt from my friend’s clinic. Why? Is she related to the investigation?” She asked

“I’m not sure yet. Can you tell me anything about her?” Joy walked up to the bookcase locating behind her desk and pulled out a framed photo. She gave it to me and pointed to a woman who stood far to the left of everyone. She wore a glasses and had her hair tie back.

“Her name is Kim Joonyoung. She was pretty quiet and didn’t have many friends. When we were out party once in a while, she chose to stay at the dorm and study. I didn’t recognize anything unusual about her except that she was not a really social person. She never came to any of our school reunion, so I don’t really know anything about her. But I heard that she is a really great veterinarian though.” I looked at Mickey who was sound asleep in my hand. Let’s pay her a visit. I bid Joy goodbye and promised to bring Mickey back later. I made my way to my car and put place the carrier safety inside before driving away.

 

I stood in front of a white building, the clinic’s decoration was pretty bland compare to Joy’s. The front of the building had nothing other than its name ‘Dr. Kim’s Veterinarian’. I held Mickey’s carrier in my hand before pulling the glass door and walked inside. The interior design was the same as what I expected. It was as bland as the outside, apart from a few pot of green plants here and there, everything was pretty much white. Either its owner really loved the color white or she didn’t care much about it.

“Good morning, how can I help you?” I was greeted by the receptionist whose uniform were white shirt and skirt. I started to get a headache from all of this blandness.

“My cat was injured, I brought her to another clinic and took an X-ray but I want to get a second opinion.” I replied, the receptionist immediately got me into the doctor’s office. I looked at the time, it was 9 o’clock not too early to visit a clinic. But thanks to the doctor’s tardiness, I got enough time to look around her office. Much like everything else the room was pretty clean, way too clean to be exact. She had nothing except a few veterinary books, a coat hanger, a desk and chair. I scanned her bookcase and desk trying to spot anything out of ordinary.

“I’m sorry for being so late. Have you been waiting for long?” A voice came out behind me as I was hovering on her table. I pulled myself back trying to play it cool not to get suspicious. I smiled at her and shook my head. I picked the envelop that contain the X-ray that I got from Joy and handed it to her.

“Not at all, you came just in time.” She looked at the X-ray in my hand and straight away got the idea what it was. The receptionist must have informed her. She took it from me and gestured me to sit down. She put her coat on the hanger and sat herself in her chair. She examine the X-ray for a while before putting it back down.

“You don’t have to worry too much. According to the X-ray, her injury isn’t severe. If she rest well and eat well, she is going to be better in no time.” She said as she smiled at me. I thanked her and took my leave. Before I got passed the door, I turned back inside.

“Wh-what?” She seemed to be uneasy about something. Had my presence bother her so much?

“Can I have the X-ray back?” I said, she seemed to get back to her sense and quickly handed me the envelope.

“Dr. Kim, you must be a Kpop fan.” I said casually.

“How?” She asked, I smiled at her without answering her question and walked straight out of the door.

 

“Do you have anything to tell me about Mr. Park?” I asked the man in front of me. His lawyer who was seated beside him looked at me intensely. He tried to make sure that I didn’t get anything out of the famous idol.

“Are you really not going to say anything?” I asked again more directly.

“My client has the right to remain silent.” The lawyer interrupted again. At this rate we won’t be able to get anything. I looked at the idol in front of me putting his head down avoiding as much as eyes contact as he could. Why did he acting like a kid? Isn’t he supposed to be 20 years old?

“The group members’ friendships is not as cool as it looks on TV, is it?” Since I didn’t get any answer from the other three members anyway, I was not going to beat around the bush any longer.

“Ms. Son, I advised you to be polite because we can sue you for defamation.” I ignored the lawyer and looked straight at his client.

“Being the maknae of the group and the less popular one, can you confirm with me that you are not a victim of bullying in your group?” My question caught his attention as he finally looked up from his lap. His lawyer stood up from his seat and screamed at me.

“Ms. Son, please refrain from saying things without evident. Everything you said can cause a rumor.” I looked into the idol’s eyes and put my hand on his hand.

“This is a police station, you can tell the truth. No one is going to harm you, you are in safe hands. Please deny it if everything I said so far is not the truth. But if you really is the victim of bullying, I suggested you stand up for yourself right now because it is not going to get better if you keep silent.” The lawyer was extremely upset at this point, he screamed on top of his lung that this was a misconduct interview and that the company will sue me for being unprofessional.

“I was bullied from the I debuted up until the day he was gone.”