One

Your are my psycho

“Please help me!” A shaky voice said through the phone trying to fight the urge to cry louder as her open wounds started to give her severe pain. She put her free hand on her injured leg trying to stop blood from dropping on the wet floor as she dragged herself slowly through the dirty building.

“Jiyeon ssi, can you see any place that you can hide? Find a closet or a room that you can lock yourself in.” A guy’s voice was heard through the other line, he sounded as shaky as her even though he tried to keep calm. Jiyeon walked through another door in front of her, much like the other room that she had passed before, the room didn’t have any place for her to hide except for a bunch of worn out kitchen equipment. She rushed in and locked the door before putting her phone down and searching through the cabinets for weapons.

“Jiyeon ssi, I suggest you should hide at the moment. We finally locate your location, polices are on the way now. Try not to do anything to provoke your attacker, you should hide until the help get there…”

 

“Ahhh!!!” I walked through the door as soon as victim started screaming. I looked at the police dispatcher behind the desk, who had been on the phone with her all along. He was shock, obviously for a rookie on his first day on the job. Who in their right mind mind would leave a rookie in the dispatcher room alone? I’m going to end up killing someone at this rate. I grabbed a hold the microphone and started calling the victim’s name but to no avail the phone was hung up. This is bad, he must have caught up to her. I turned back to the pale face rookie beside me and signaled him to keep on contacting the victim before picking up my own phone that had been ringing like crazy.

“Wendy sunbae, she is already on the way.” Can I get even a little good news today? I guess not since god just doesn’t answer my prayer lately. I hung up the phone and started dialing on the phone. I guess I just have to clean up this mess.

“Sun-sunbae h-he p-pick u-up.” I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at the poor soul in front of me with pity. Poor guy, he shouldn’t be facing this right now, maybe one or two later but shouldn’t be now. I grabbed the headset and the microphone from him and sat myself down waiting for the monster.

“You think you can save her, don’t you? Well try. How about we play a game? I’ll peel her skin off once one piece at a time and if you arrive before she bleed to death, I’ll let you catch me.” This lunatic. I cursed him in my mind because we were told not to provoke him. At this rate, she will die before the police get there.

“Why are you doing that? I thought you are a serial killer, are you really going to jail over her?” I replied trying to keep him talking. I kept count of his breath, so that I could keep control of his emotion. Even though he didn’t seem to rush, I can sense that the danger is near. After all the guy is a psychopath. We had been tracking him for months and learn about his pattern. He targets young and beautiful women. He was a photographer so it wasn’t that hard for him to approach his victims citing he was looking for a model. I looked at my phone hoping the call came in telling me that they were at least close to the place. My boss kept asking me about the situation through text and I prayed hard to god not to let him know about her involvement.

“Su-sunbae, your phone is ringing.” I turned my head and shushed the guy who was about to pass out beside me and pointed to the headset signaling that the attacker could hear us. He bowed his head apologetically, but wouldn’t stop pointing at my vibrating pocket. I took off my headset and gave it to him before picking up the phone. Then the voice that I wish wouldn’t come through arrived.

“Put me on the phone with him.” That is how she is, short and right to the point.

“Seulgi, you know you can’t do this. Our boss would kill us both.” I begged even though I know it would fell into deaf ears. I heard her chuckling, then someone else’s voice was on the phone.

“Su-sunbaenim, sh-she is pointing her gun at m-me…” “Put me on the phone with him or I’ll blow our fellow officer’s head off. You choose.” I know this is going to happen. Did I say that the guy before is a psychopath? Well this one is way beyond that. Don’t ever for a moment think that she is kidding because she isn’t.

“Fine, just let him keep his head.” I replied to her before asking the dispatcher to put her through. I put my headphone up trying to prevent her from doing anything stupid.

“Why are you suddenly silent? Too scared now, Officer?” I heard the guy’s voice talking, he must have thought that he was still talking to the dispatcher. Then I heard the familiar chuckle that happened not too long ago. God please, just this one, answer my prayer.

“No, why would I?” She sounded as arrogant as always.

“What? I will tell you what I would do and do it to her in the process, let’s see if you’re still not scare.” Uh oh, he sounded angry. I heard Jiyeon’s scream in the background, I was sweating as much as the dispatcher did.

“No, I will tell you what I want you to do and you’re going to do it. Shut the up and listen, the injured leg that you cut open a while ago, the blood started to dry up, ah so annoying. It’s not fun anymore. Let’s do the one on the right. It’s not fun to just jam the knife in, right? Let’s cut it slightly open.” What the hell? I was loss for word.

“Kang Seulgi” I was muttering under my breath, in hope that she would stop this insanity.

“Sunbae, what should we do? The attacker follows her.” Jiyeon’s scream could be heard in the background as the guy really slide her leg open. Please Seulgi please

“Nice, you know what you should do next? Jam your index finger into that open wound, then you’re going to touch the muscle. But wait, we’re not stopping there, just go a bit deeper. Then you’ll touch the artery. Yeah pull that out and hear her scream.” What if he really is going to do that? Now I feel really helpless.

“Wh-what are you talking about?” He voice was shaking. Is this work?

“You never did that, do you? You really only stabbed your victim and left them to bleed, huh? You pathetic little , are you going to ing jam your finger in there, or you wait for me to arrive and jam mine into yours.”

“I-I don’t have a hole in my leg.”

“Oh yeah, stay right where you are.” Wait what is she talking about?

“Sunbae, they’ve arrived.” Oh crap

“Quick, put me on the phone with her.” She can’t do that, she’ll get kicked out. I looked at the shaky guy near me, I pitied him before but right now I’m ing frustrated.

I grabbed my phone and ran out of the office. God, you’re really hate me huh?

 

"What the is wrong with you, Kang Seulgi? I told you again and again to not do this, why are you ignoring my command?” I looked at the old man in front of me. He was as old as my father but his brain didn’t seem to develop just as much. I looked at the gun on his waist and the newly badge that he just got. For someone who just got promoted as a chief of police, he should calm the down a little bit. He looked at me and started shouting nonsense again.

“What are you doing? Aren’t you going to answer me?” What an idiot.

“I’m waiting”

"For what?” That was such a stupid surprising face I have ever seen. I smiled as soon as the door opened and Wendy walked in. She looked at me with an exhausting look on her face. I flashed a smile at her before picking up my stuffs and walked right out the door.

 

"What were you thinking?” I was sitting alone in the cafeteria, scrolling through my phone. When an annoyed chipmunk, stood in front of me and threw a stack of paper on my lap. Must be some type of punishment for me that I can just pass on to the rookies.

“In there? Well I thought about a lot of things. One is about now I could kill him. I think taking his gun and shoot him right across the head would be alright but it’s so unimaginative and easy. Therefore, I was thinking about crushing his head with the small globe that he had displayed on the table and then scoping his brain out with the golden spoon in this trophy case.” I looked back up to see my bestfriend’s eyes burning hole into my head, so I gestured her to sit down and put her favorite drink in front of her.

“Grapefruit Green Tea Lemonade, 30% sugar, regular ice with a lot of Black Pearls and Coconuts.” I said before she could voice out her anticipated question. She picked up the drink and took a sip with smile on her face, I won.

“Do you really have to jam the knife and your index finger into his leg?” She asked as gulp down her beloved black pearls.

“He should be thanking god that they stopped me before I could pull his artery out. He cried like a little .” I laughed, well who wouldn’t? If you see his stupid face at that moment, you’ll be laughing too.

“Did you really have to provoke him like that? What if he really do it?” I smiled, Wendy is just a really sweet chipmunk. She cares a lot about the victims and the criminals. I told her many times about how to not get her emotion entangle with work, especially in the field of work like ours. But she was born this way, a beautiful, caring, intelligent angel. Unlike me.

“After that guy asked to be in jail for the rest of his life and begged the judge not to let you be anywhere near him, people have another nickname for you now. They call you the devil.” She said still swallowing her precious pear. Now I kind of regretting not asking them to double the pearl for her.

“That is an improvement over the last one huh? But I love it better when they called me psychopath.” I smiled when my bestfriend put her puppy glare at me. She hates it when I refer to myself as crazy. Well can I not? After all, I’m only a murder less from becoming a murderer.