11

The Moment We Became Strangers...

 

Sowon glanced at Woohyun’s hand on hers; all the way to his apartment he hasn’t released it. A small part of her wanted to yank her hand away but it was just a tiny part: somehow Woohyun still had this special effect on her. Is it the same feeling when Myungsoo was holding my hand?

When they were standing in front of his apartment Woohyun punched in the code. Sowon was surprised that he still hasn’t changed it yet, it was still the date when they both became a couple.

Don’t get your hopes up he probably just didn’t have the time to change it. Sowon reminded herself in which kind of relationship they were now.

“So do you want to eat?” Woohyun asked when the girl was busy looking around for some changes; however she was taken by surprise that everything looked still the same.

Before she could say yes she bumped her left foot against something making her fall onto Woohyun. “That was kind of expected.” He chuckled when he caught her just in time.


Sowon was again having a sleep-over at Woohyun’s place and as usual she had forgotten to pay attention to the umbrella holder.
“Why wouldn’t you place the umbrella holder somewhere else  I keep forgetting to pay attention and always end up falling down.” Sowon pouted.

“But I’ve caught you right? So it’s ok.” Woohyun ruffled through her hair laughing about her clumsiness. “Still. It would make things less complicated, at least for me.” She reasoned.

“Look it would also look lovely when it would be over there.” She placed the umbrella holder in the opposite corner.

“Ani.” He placed it back to its place.

“I really don’t understand you.” She sighed giving up on this topic.

“Should I tell you the reason why it is so much better there?” “Is it because of the light?” Sowon guessed.

“It’s because I like how you would fall every time we get here.” “What? You are so sadistic.” Sowon misinterpreted her boyfriend’s words  

“Stupid of course I don’t like you to be hurt, but I only want to catch you when you fall.”


It’s funny how you eventually managed to hurt me so much and how you have let me down so that another boy had to make me stand up again. But why is heart still beating so much when I’m close to you?  

 

------------
 

Sowon rested her head on her arms observing Woohyun’s swift and precise movements. She remembered that he has always liked to cook and that he was extremely gifted.
 

“Woohyun?” “Hmm?” He asked while cutting the ingredients. “Do you need help?” Sowon asked even though she already knew how he would respond.

“Ani. You should rest. I don’t want your hand to get worse.” He ended his sentence in a guilty tone.

“I’m sorry.” He turned his face to her- his eyes reflecting hurt and guilt. During this month she had seen this expression so many times already, but it still killed a part of her every time she saw him that way.

“For what?” Sowon asked not aware why he was apologizing to her this time.

“Myungsoo told me about yesterday. If I had been there than I would have been able to protect you.”

Sowon couldn’t believe that Myungsoo has told Woohyun about yesterday’s incident even though she had already said that she didn’t want someone to know about that.

“Don’t blame him for that I believe that he wouldn’t have told me about yesterday if I hadn’t provoked him.” Woohyun responded as if he had read her thoughts.

After having known her for so long it was quite plausible that she couldn’t hide her true feelings from Woohyun, however after having spent so much time with Myungsoo recently, she had almost forgotten that there were actually two boys who could effortlessly read through her.

Sowon was also taken aback that Woohyun would defend Myungsoo when they seemed to hate each other.

“It’s okay that you don’t forgive me.” Woohyun returned back to his work misinterpreting her silence.

“It wasn’t your fault so you don’t have to ask me for forgiveness. I was okay that you could spend a nice evening with Seungyeon.”

I should be sorry for forcing you to stay by my side until the end of this month, stopping you to have nice evenings with your new girlfriend.

“If only it would have been a nice evening.” Woohyun said bitterly.

Judging from his words, Sowon could tell that something bad has happened yesterday.

A part of her wanted to ask him about his problems to comfort him. After all they started as close friends so it wasn’t inappropriate to ask him, but then again a bigger part of her wouldn’t be able to listen to his relationship problems, because it would hurt her too much.

Again Sowon was reminded that she would never become so close to Woohyun as she used to be.

 

--------------
 

“I hope you will eat well, I’ve tried my best and I’ve cooked your favorite dishes.” Woohyun smiled at her eager for her to taste all the dished in front of her.

“But they are not only for me right?” Sowon asked when Woohyun wouldn’t stop looking at her.

“Yeah sure.” He rubbed his neck embarrassed and started eating.

And how am I supposed to eat with the chopsticks? She wondered since she was right-handed.

As expected Sowon didn’t manage to eat with her left hand, but would always drop the meat.

“Can…can I feed you?” Woohyun asked “I don’t want you to starve.” He reasoned.

“Thanks then.”

“You are more than welcome.” He gave her a warm smile and moved the meat in front of her.

“So? Does it taste?” He looked at her eagerly. “Yes it tastes really good. But you should already know it since many people has told you that before right?”

“I still like to hear it from you the most.”

 

----------------
 

“I feel so spoiled when you are doing all the things.” Sowon complained when Woohyun was doing all the things.

“It’s okay to feel that way princess.” Woohyun chuckled.

Only when Sowon hasn’t respond back, Woohyun became aware that he has called her like he used to when they were dating.

“Oh euh you can change into your sleeping clothes if you want to do something.” Woohyun tried to make the atmosphere less awkward.

“But I didn’t bring any clothes to change.” Sowon said reminding him that this sleep-over was decided last-minute.

“I still have your old sleeping clothes. You can find them in my wardrobe.”

After having changed into more comfortable clothes they both have sat down with tones of books to study for their final exam.

Sowon was reading out from a history book, but Woohyun would always end up looking at the girl instead of concentrating on the content.

“So did you remember everything?” Sowon looked up at him after having finished the paragraph. Woohyun couldn’t even remember the topic since his mind was occupied with thoughts of the girl in front of him.

“I know history is boring but you need to concentrate.” Sowon shocked her head reminding him that he could never really concentrate when they were “learning” together.

“It’s just an oral exam so I guess it will be fine.” Woohyun leaned back and rested his head on the couch.

“Right right poor excuse.” Woohyun was glad that they could act like they used to even though it was only for studying.

 

-------------
 

It was now Woohyun’s turn to read out from the textbook and seeing all those words in front of him made him extremely sleepy. He stopped in the middle of the sentence to let out a yawn when he noticed that Sowon was already sleeping.

History works like a sleeping pill. He gladly put the book away.

Woohyun had carried the sleeping girl to his bedroom and has covered her with the blanket. He remembered that she couldn’t sleep well without something to cuddle so he took the stuffed animal from the wardrobe, placing it beside her.

When he was done fixing everything he sat down next to the bed and looked at the beautiful girl in front of him.

You look like an angel while sleeping. I can’t believe that I have hurt you so much. He her cheek.

Woohyun actually wanted to ask Sowon if she hated him, but he couldn’t find the courage to do so.
I don’t know if I could endure the pain when you would say yes.  A tear rolled down his cheek.  

After having spent this evening with Sowon, Woohyun had finally remembered what true happiness meant. He thought that he loved Seungyeon, but now he wasn’t sure about that any longer.

Woohyun has made the mistake for taking Sowon for granted, he should have hold her close to him, because now he was standing here realizing that he has lost a great girl that has given him so much happiness.

Woohyun wanted to sleep next to her, holding her tightly in his arms, but he reminded himself that he had no rights, because he has cheated on her and because she wouldn’t want him next to her.

When Woohyun decided to leave the room to sleep on the couch, Sowon has suddenly grabbed onto his arm tightly, making it impossible for him to move. Babo you are clutching at the wrong thing.

Woohyun thought that she would let go of  him after some minutes but surprisingly she didn’t. Even though it was hard for him to sleep that way he was happy that she was holding onto him making him stay.

Can I believe that this is a sign that I should fight for you? Can I believe that you are agreeing that the place next to you is where I belong?

Before Woohyun knew it he has already leaned in and kissed her.

"I want to fight for you because this kiss just showed me that it will be worthwhile."

 

------------

 

Sowon hasn’t sleep so well for a long time, usually she would wake up with headaches but surprisingly she was extremely well-rested. Maybe it’s because of the new medicine that I got.

She opened her eyes just to see that he was holding onto Woohyun’s arm. She was lying on his bed whereas he was sleeping in an uncomfortable sitting position.

It didn’t take her too long to understand that he has carried her and was now sleeping halfway on the floor because she was used to clutch on things while sleeping.

“Woohyun?” Sowon decided to wake him up so that he could sleep in a better and healthier position.

“Hmm?” He slowly opened his eyes.

“You can sleep in your bed now, if you want. It’s unhealthy to stay like this.” “Oh no I am fine. I am going to make breakfast for us since you are already awake.” He rubbed his eyes showing that he was extremely tired.

“I am sorry for making you sleep in such an awful position, you should have free yourself, it wouldn’t have been a problem for me to wake up.”

“It wasn’t an awful position because by sleeping that way I could be close to you.” Woohyun gave her a genuine smile.

“You can rest a little bit longer; I will call you when the breakfast is ready.”

Why is he saying such things to me?

 

--------------
 

Sowon was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, playing with her iPod to distract herself from thinking too much about Woohyun’s behavior. However it didn’t work out well because she would always end up thinking about everything he has said to her.

If only I could draw now, then my mind wouldn’t be occupied by him all the time. She couldn’t wait until the doctor would take the bandage away.

She was glad that it wasn’t a deep cut, because she only had a small among of time to finish her pictures for the competition.

When time passed Sowon decided to take a walk outside since there were still three patients who were waiting for the same doctor.

The girl was sipping on her orange juice while admiring the colorful flowers. They surely know how to create a less tense atmosphere for the patients. Sowon acknowledged the work of the gardeners.

She was again frustrated that her right hand was injured because she could already picture her next artwork.

When Sowon decided to go back to the waiting room, a familiar voice made her stop in her tracks.

“Seriously who are you to decide who I should love?” Myungsoo asked coldly.

Sowon wasn’t someone who would eavesdrop other’s conversations, but when her name was mentioned, she couldn’t help but hide behind the nearest tree to listen to the argument.

“Myungsoo I don’t want you to end up like me. You shouldn’t love Kim Sowon. She can’t be the right girl for you.”

“How can someone who has never taken a further look at me, know what kind of girl is the right girl for me?” Myungsoo scoffed. “Anyways as a doctor, shouldn’t you be busy right now? Why are you wasting your precious time with someone like me?”

“Myungsoo, you are still my son.”

“Really? Your actions told me something different.”

 

------------

 

“You’ve heard everything?” Sowon was still deep in thought after hearing the conversation that’s why she didn’t notice that Myungsoo had approached her.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have eavesdropped.” “It’s fine. I should be the one to apologize on behalf of my father.” Myungsoo smiled but his eyes were reflecting a mixture of anger and hurt.

“So doctor Kim is your father?” – “Yes the man who has done the final check-up for you.”

“He seems to be a caring father.” Sowon mumbled. “How can you say that after you have heard him saying bad things about you?” Myungsoo shocked his head.

“Because he was only stating the truth. Myungsoo I really can’t be the right girl for you.”   

“Because I deserve so much more? Is it that what you want to say? Sowon this man has never cared about me after his wife died. Ever since I was born he had always been busy to take care of his patients. I’d never seen him on my birthday but what should I expect? Why should he celebrate the day when my mother died, especially with the person who had killed her?” Myungsoo looked away with watering eyes.

“When will you finally stop saying that it was your fault that your mother died, because you are obviously not responsible for her death.”

“Fine. I am not going to say it again, when you will finally stop saying that you aren’t the right girl for me, because you obviously are.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Wow this update took me quite a while, I had serious writer's block even though this story had always been so "easy" to write -.- I guess it was because of all those stupid exams that I've probably failed big times T.T Seriously I shouldn't have learned for them because I got the feeling that the more I learn the worse I get ... Anyways I should stop with this sulking and talk about more serious thing : for example the new album of Infinite *____* OMG I love "The Chaser" , "With" & "Only Tears" (my source of inspiration <3) you like it too right? :D Okay I should turn off the fangirl mode and thank all my subscribers for supporting this story ^^

@Lil_Mizz_Star: Have you now decided for whom you should rooting for? :p

@unknown009: At some point I understand you, because he's so genuine and caring and has never hurt her right? But Woohyun was blinded, he was a victim too :'(

@RoseandLiz: Oh euh I am glad that I make you cry lol xD Seriously your comment was so nice, but I don't want my bias to die :p but I agree that someone should go to hell but I am not saying the name of this person ;P

@myfishyx: Woohyun has got back to his sense *throwing party* okay I guess you didn't really like this chapter because it was almost only about Woohyun ^^'

@Juju-H: So much WoohyunxSowon-time in this chapter ~(^-^)~ yes,yes Woohyun loves her a lot.

@disfuncshional: Cool that I could make your opinion about Woohyun change :D I appreaciate that you have left a comment even though you had to study for your exams, btw how were they? :D

@the-awkward-: Aww Myungsoo makes everyone fall for him :')

 

P.S: Please take into consideration that I am writing this at 3 am so since I have only less than 4 hours left until I have to wake up I am not sure if my proofreading was a success lol

 

its_an_asian_thing