一 / the sound

regardless | samo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the sound coming from the band on stage vibrates against sana's skin, while her heart thrums along the beat the percussion is making. she feels exhilarated as it is, but when her eyes meet inviting brown hues she feels like her whole ing soul ascended to paradise, valhalla, heaven, whatever you call it, sana is there. and she is certain this is not caused by intoxication, she had a couple of beers, but those tasting cheap ones aren't enough to get her there, so she's convinced it's all the drummer's doing. her own sorcery, and sana is on her knees (figuratively.)

"sana, are you okay?" she feels hands against her shoulder, she ignores it, she's still in that trance. "girl, what the hell did you take?" easily as that the hand is gone and sana is all alone again, it's just her and the drummer whose eyes are still on her, in a room with a sea of people gyrating their bodies, which is soaking with perspiration, against each other.

sana's breathless. honestly, what the hell did she take?

she is about to get incredibly alarmed, but as soon as the band's set is over, she had gotten out of it—whatever it was—and she's back to normal albeit a little too slow in composing herself and gathering her wits. all she can think about is the way the drummer left the stage. , she needs to talk to that drummer and get her name and maybe her contacts.

"jihyo," she takes a hold of jihyo's wrist, tugs at it to get the younger's attention. "do you know anyone from that band?"

"and that's it for untitled!" the host's voice was clear in the background.

"their lead guitar is jeongyeon!" there was a smile on jihyo's face.

nayeon then interjected the conversation, "and i'm seeing her," this causes a good natured eye roll from jihyo. and as if the gay gods are hearing sana's pleas and took pity of her, nayeon checks her phone, a message from jeongyeon appearing. nayeon flashes the screen to sana's face, and it read 'meet me at the parking lot, bring your friends. xx'

and just then, sana remembers the reason why she's in that rave to begin with. nayeon was vehement in having sana and jihyo come with her, it took a lot of convincing, a lot of talking about how ty the sorority party they got invited to is, not worth it, just bail it. sana's grateful she actually let nayeon convince her.

now her heart felt like wanting to burst out of her ribcage.

"i feel like i'm going to hurl," she suddenly let out.

nayeon instantaneously has her hand against sana's shoulder. "told you there must be something in your drink,"

no, it's just nerves.

"i'm fine,"

"you sure?" jihyo's doe eyes are full of unbridled concern and they stayed there even when sana gives out an 'okay' sign.

they draw closer to an old mini-van, something that you see garage bands use for gigs and what not. the band that played earlier put back their things in the back. they are all girls, all of them are tall, two of them are smoking cigarettes. the one with a platinum blonde perked up upon noticing nayeon, sana, and jihyo.

she approached them (more like walk towards nayeon and dipping down to kiss nayeon's lips,) and god sana wished she'd have something like that. she looked away to give the two privacy, and she met those eyes again.

there she is.

"guys, so this is nayeon, and her friends. . ." jeongyeon began.

and nayeon continued for her, "sana and jihyo" the two girls raised their hands for an awkward wave.

then more introduction ensues, seulgi is the vocalist, lisa is the bassist, soojin is on the keyboard; and the long awaited, momo, the drummer. momo, like peaches in japanese, sana thought to herself.
 

━━━━━━━━━━
 

next thing she knows, they are all squished in the minivan. the owner of the minivan was momo, but she had a couple of beers so jeongyeon's driving, shotgun was nayeon of course, while the six of them tried to fit in the backseat like sardines. sana was visibly struggling, half of her was on momo's lap, while the other half was barely on the seat. soon she felt an arm wrapped around her waist, she turned her head and looked into momo's eyes.

she smiles. sana's brain chanted '' like the panicked lesbian that she is. "just sit on my lap, you're struggling," and that is how sana ended up on momo's lap, with momo's arms wrapped around her waist, and they just fit each other like that. it just made sense even if there was a blush on sana's face the whole ride to jeongyeon's apartment.

the apartment building was brownstone, old, and feels just like home. while the inside of jeongyeon's apartment was squeaky clean, everything was in place, it smelled like lavender. seulgi immediately called for pizza, while lisa began to play music. it isn't for too long until the small gathering rose up to a crescendo, with everyone drinking beer or an alcohol mix someone concocted. they rose in size too, the band mates' friends came. there were a good amount of people in the apartment.

sana was talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter