Intro : Sixth Sense

Dangerous Games

Park Seonghwa prides himself on being able to tell when something was amiss.

 

He figured it was partly to do with being the oldest in his group of friends, or the fact that the younger ones were painfully oblivious to a lot of things. Occasionally though, Yeosang would pick up on it when he felt something was off, but that apparently wouldn’t be the case today. Today, he sat in front of the coffee table in Seonghwa’s living room, giggling without a care at something Wooyoung was showing him on his phone. And so Seonghwa was left feeling uneasy by himself.

 

Call it a sixth sense, call it intuition, call it anything you’d like, but Park Seonghwa had a hunch that something not-so-good was going to happen today.

 

“Guys, do y’all feel that?” he asks, trying to get the attention of the two other boys.

 

Wooyoung looks up from his phone and turns towards Seonghwa, puzzled expression on his face, “Feel what?”

 

Wooyoung glances over to the boy next to him to see if he knew what their friend was talking about, but Yeosang just shrugs.

 

Seonghwa sighs and crosses his arms in defeat, sinking back farther into the couch,”Nevermind, just forget about it. Have you heard anything from the rest of the crew?”

 

"Yeah,I think San was helping his grandparents finish packing or something before he comes over, should be soon though" Wooyoung says, attention drifting back to his phone. "As for the other two, I've no idea. Probably somewhere being gay as usual."

 

Yeosang snorts, "You say this like we don't see you practically undressing San with your eyes every dang time he walks into a room. You're not very subtle, Wooyoungie."

 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Wooyoung lets out a nervous laugh and playfully shoves Yeosang, resulting in the two of them bickering like five-year-olds.

 

Meanwhile, Seonghwa still couldn't shake the feeling that this wasn't going to be like most of their weekly Friday night hangouts.

 

Any other time he'd be a little more excited for it as they had all been busier than usual lately. Friday's were now the only night a week that they had a chance to goof off, and even though his friends could be incredibly annoying sometimes, being with them sounds like a much better option to Seonghwa than being alone. It never mattered what they did, whether it was drinking and drinking until they physically could not drink anymore, relentlessly cracking jokes, or huddling together on the floor to binge watch whatever drama was popular at the moment - they were their own little family, in their own little disconnected world. And it'd been like that for so long now, none of them could imagine it any other way.

 

So why did Seonghwa feel so on edge, thinking that something was soon going to change that?

 

“Seonghwa, Seonghwa!” Wooyoung calls, waving a hand in front of Seonghwa’s face and breaking him out of his reverie. “San’s on his way up with something that will, and I quote, ‘blow our minds and bring the party to our Friday’s’. So uh, unlock the door for him?”

 

Seonghwa rolls his eyes, “This better not be another attempt to convince us that we’re not alone in the universe or I will literally drop kick the crackhead to freaking Pluto.”

 

Yeosang and Wooyoung snicker at the comment while Seonghwa gets up off the couch. He still couldn’t shake the weird feeling as he walks towards the door to unlock it, wondering what the actual heck San had up his sleeve this time.