Sowon's Letter

Sayonara, My Girl

I honestly don't want to be the one telling this kind of things but if both of us kept on being mum, we might not achieve more than what's ahead of us. I don't want that, I don't want to be the one holding you down from achieving more than what you have right now. If you're asking me why, it's simple. It's because I love you. I love you so much that I'll give up anything for your happiness, even if it means I have to let you go. I started noticing your change after that night I went home from work. I remember you'd always wait for me by the couch but you'll always end up sleeping even before I came home. But that night, you weren't waiting by the couch. You were sleeping soundly by our shared bed and facing away from my bed side.

You'd always, sleep facing my bed side no matter what because you told me you loved waking up to see my face. Right, you used to want me more than how I want you. You used to. I can't help but feel a little sad and hurt by that little detail. It's my fault, I always say that. But whenever you hear it, you'd always opposed me and told me it's not me to blame. I couldn't help but blame myself more, there's no one to tell me how much they missed me even if I was just away for a few hours. No one to hug me when I feel cold. No one to hold me when I'm at my breaking point. No one to kiss me the way you do. I can't believe I'm saying this things but I hope you'll be happy when I'm not there. I'm so sorry for not treasuring you more than I should have. I'm so sorry I won't be able to stop thinking about you. I know it's time to walk away, so this time, please be happy. I'll pray for your happiness more than how I've wished for us to have a future together. 

Please, don't make an apologetic smile. It makes it harder for me to let you go, just show me your usual smile. It's okay, I'll be okay eventually. After all, it's me and I'm all prepared. As the time I walk away, I will leave our memories deep in my heart. Good or bad, it doesn't matter, as long as it's us together. We'll now be walking to different futures, but you'll still remain a precious person to me. Don't worry about the pictures, I won't be able to get rid of our memory-filled pictures just like that. I'll never forget the kindness you show me, I'll never forget you. Thank you for loving the imperfect me, the me with lots of flaws, the me that's lacking. Thank you, really.

Perhaps, if we meet again just like the first time, let me say hello one more time, let me say hello tenderly. I want to say goodbye to you with a smile across my face, so that you won't forget that I was happy with the time we were together. But until the day we meet again, I guess it's goodbye for now. If we meet someday, somewhere, I'll greet you with a smile across my face. Let's laugh like the way we used to before. Sayonara, my girl.