Four

Do Extinguish My Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of weeks has passed and she's improving real good, according to miss Bada. She could light up the flames for at least 10 minutes now, even though after doing that her body feels like giving up.

 

-Not really, that's just her exaggerating the tiredness from the side effect that follows but you get her point-

 

Not only that, but she learned about the basic theories of her element too, which can be beneficial for her in the future, especially in physical classes.

 

Talking about physical classes, everything's doing okay except when the times she meets the three particular Fire seniors from that day. Maybe they realize after her sudden departure back then that the raven-haired girl is Joohyun's teammate and that Seulgi left back then, to snitched on them ( they were correct ).

 

And that makes it okay for them to pick on her.

 

It's not like they bully her or anything, and even if they did, they only have the chance to meet her when it's break time or on the one class on Wednesday anyway. Having only one class together for every week with them is good news, but the bad news is they always make sure that her life is a living hell on that Wednesdays.

 

What's the class on Wednesday, you ask?

 

A sparring class.

 

Full physical. Using your element is strictly prohibited but either way, Seulgi thinks it doesn't really affect her in a good way when she's up against her senior by one year.

 

Like right at this very moment.

 

For the past few weeks, she's up against her same year friends which is fair, but today sir Eunhyuk thinks it's a good idea for her to practice with her senior because "you're getting a hang of this real fast." This is a little bit unfair though, going up against someone who's already learning this for a whole year when she herself only learned them for 3 weeks here.

 

But it's not impossible to win this, she knows it. Jaebum was up against a senior too before her turn and he won, his aggressive style of fight took a huge part in his winning. The rules are simple. One step out of the circle, and you won. 10 seconds of being held to the floor unless you manage to get up, you won. Using your element even the tiniest bit, and you lose.

 

And for Seulgi who had won 3 times consecutively since the beginning, she can say that she has some confidence in her skills.

 

It shouldn't come as a surprise to her though about the differences in their skills and experiences. she should have expected the feign that he did when he steps towards his left only to moves to the opposite direction in a swift movement, grabbing her clothes in the process, resulting in her to stumble on her footing.

 

She instinctively grabs onto his clothes too, trying to gain some control but it doesn't really help when he wraps his calf around her left leg and bend them backward.

 

She falls with a grunt, her back onto the ground while her left leg is locked with his knee pressing on it.

 

It all happened so fast that Seulgi's caught off guard.

 

"This is what you deserve to get, first-year." He whispers to her with a smirk.

 

"1…"

 

She tries to break free from him but it's really hard.

 

"Don't you dare snitch on us and tell her anything about what we said back at the cafeteria."

 

"2…"

 

Well, she already did, Seulgi scoffs internally.

 

Seulgi brings her hands onto his face, pushing him as hard as she could to make some distance between their bodies. It seems to be working as he backs away a little bit, closing his eyes slightly to make sure her fingers on his face don't hurt them.

 

"3…"

 

Distracted by this, he doesn't realize her other leg breaks free from him and Seulgi takes the chance to push his body away by kicking his stomach.

 

He falls onto his bums, almost out of the circle while his hand grabs onto the spot where she just kicked.

 

Before he could get up, Seulgi locks him the same way he locked her to the ground seconds ago. She successfully locks his legs with her knees, pressing down on them with her body weight to make sure he can't use them. 

 

Unfortunately, she's not fast enough to grab onto his hands.

 

They wrestle with each other, both trying to gain control of the situation. She manages to press him down for a couple of seconds and she really thought that she could win, until a fist lands on her face, the force hard enough to send her thrown to her right side.

 

There's a collective sound of 'oooooh' at that.

 

"Hey! Is that even allowed??"

 

That sounds like Yongsun's voice.

 

Seulgi doesn't have the focus and time to register everything because she's busy trying to stabilize her vision. One thing for sure is that tastes like copper and her cheek hurts like hell.

 

Without any time's waste, she's pinned down by him again and it's not a good thing because she doesn't have that much stamina to fight back.

 

His grips remind her of Yongsun's handshake grip and maybe that's the result of a year training here at this academy.

 

Nevertheless, she still tries her best to break free from his hold. Kicking him, pushing him away but it comes to no avail because he clearly has the upper hand here.

 

It seems like that one punch affects her sight because it feels like she's on a boat right now, getting dizzy from the motion.

 

She looks up only to see two smiling faces looking down at her.

 

"Now you got your lesson. If this isn't a class I probably already break your pretty little face since a minute ago, Kang."

 

"...10!"

 

He lets go of her harshly when sir Eunhyuk announces the winner.

 

Two people clap obnoxiously, seemingly very satisfied with him and it is pretty clear to her that they're the other two that talked about Joohyun inappropriately.

 

"Is punching the opponent on the face even allowed, sir?"

 

Jaebum asks.

 

"I never said that you can't do that. It is only prohibited for you to use your element here."

 

"Ugh…"

 

Yeah, ugh.

 

 

 

"Here."

 

Seulgi looks up, only to see an ice pack in front of her face. She takes it gratefully from him before putting it on her left cheek, wincing a bit when the cold sensation hit her.

 

"He really got you good back there huh?"

 

Seulgi pouts at Yongsun's smirk. It's embarrassing to know that she lost from him, let alone admit it out loud.

 

"I won't lose the next time we spar."

 

"That's the spirit." Jaebum pats on her back, (more like slaps), hard, resulting for Seulgi to cough harshly.

 

"Hey be gentler will you." Yongsun scolds him. Seulgi sends a smile to her in gratitude.

 

Actually, more than that, it is more embarrassing for her to get this pity looks from the other students passing by their table. Her cheek is very much likely swollen badly by now.

 

Even the cafeteria lady, miss Kahi sent her one.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter