Uncomfortable

Secretary 101

Chapter Three:

“I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but you will have the shipment sent over by the end of the day,” a shaky voice informs me from the other end of the phone.

“No, I will have it at the time we had initially agreed upon or else we are cutting you off and going with a different supplier.” I wasn’t yelling, but I’m sure my tone was more than forceful enough for him to get the hint.

“But-“ I don’t bother waiting to hear the excuse that was about to come, before hanging up the phone.

Finally. Now I can get back to my buisness, I think as I stare down at the pile of files on my desk. They all must be sorted through by the end of today, so I can have them ready for Mr. Choi to look over tomorrow. I haven’t been able to get to them until now as so much has happened today and it was only 9 AM so far…

Let’s start off with picking Mr. Choi up this morning. As normal as the day is, I went to wake Minho up and once again, was swept right off my feet as he brought me down onto his bed.

“It doesn’t feel as good if you’re not holding me back,”

I very clearly remember him stating the week prior, when I had given the interns the first tour of the company, so, trying to do my job as effectively as ever I held him back. Knowing this would take more time, I had even come in earlier. I was not, however, expecting for my simple action to jolt Mr. Choi up immediately.

Had I known holding him back woke him up instantly, I would have done so ages ago.

“I came in 20 minutes earlier, because I thought you’d stay laying with me longer if I held you back,” I began softly, as he had just stood at the edge of the bed looking at me with wide eyes.

“Y-you put into my schedule a 20-minute cuddle session with you?”

“I wouldn’t call it cuddling, exactly…” His voice was accusatory, and I had done so without his personal request, so I had become to feel like for the first time in a long time I had made a mistake, but it wasn’t long before he gave me a small smile and got back into bed, this time requesting it would not be a peaceful 20 minutes if I wasn’t under the covers as well.

If my plan was to allow for Mr. Choi to rest peacefully for a bit in the morning, why was I so uncomfortable? My body felt warm, from the inside out, were Mr. Choi’s blankets so thermal?

This was a problem as the heat couldn’t let me properly focus for a while after he got up.

And then- the dressing.

I always dress him, but today he decided to ask me to ‘inspect his torso’. I, as his dutiful secretary, wanted to perform such a task to the best of my ability, so why were my eyes shaking as I began to inspect it? I was sure to be looking to see if the bruises were healing properly, so why had I been focusing on the accentuated deep lines that defined his abs? Why did my eyes stare at his belly button and slowly trailed down his happy trial until it reached the top of his boxers? Why did I want to see where it ended?

Definitely couldn’t focus properly after that either.

And then the ride over! I was only trying to get out of the car so that the driver could leave, but Mr. Choi had grabbed my arm to stop me, forcefully pulling me in closer. He intertwined our fingers together and stared right into my eyes, “Call me Minho. In private and public, call me by my name,”

A more than practical request so why did I stare straight back into his eyes as I swallowed slowly, all thoughts leaving my head?

And- now- why was I re-living all those short memories instead of focusing at the papers on my desk!

I only was pulled back to reality by the phone on my desk ringing.

“Lee Taemin,” was my short greeting (Tip #6 never pick up the phone disclosing the company’s or our CEO’s name. If they want to reach us, they should know who we are.)

“May I see you in my office,” instantly I knew the deep and velvet voice. With a curt nod that I knew he could not see I hang up and walk to his door, knocking twice before entering.

“I have a problem with your desk,” he was quick to get to the point, speaking before I even reached the front of his desk.

“My desk? Is it untidy? Would you like for me to call the interior designer and set up an appointment?”

“No, that’s not the problem. I can’t see it from here.”

“What do you mean?”

“I want to be able to see your desk from here, but the door between us hinders that direct line of vision.”

Had he noticed me slacking off? As expected, Mr. Choi Minho was quick to catch on. He now needed to keep a close eye on me to make sure I wouldn’t slack… how incredibly disrespectful of me, to make him go to such lengths. This was certainly not a problem I should be putting on him.

“My sincerest apologies, Mr- Minho. I will see to it that you can supervise me.”

“How long will that take?”

“Huh?”

“How long until you get this matter sorted?”

“I will immediately go and call the interior designer and get a quote on how long the process of replacing the door and wall with ones from glass will take, but from previous matters I’d say it can take a week, considering I’d ask them to come in and work on it after company hours,”

“Very well. Until then I guess you’ll just have to share my desk with me,”

I, what?


A/N: 

Tae's getting a little confused huh?