The Scent is Curiosity

Kkura drafts

 

This is a very old one so bare with me alright

 

---

 

Eunbi was growing impatient. She had waited a full hour for this florist girl to fetch her her flowers. Sure it might be difficult for the florist since eunbi couldn't name the flower, but it shouldn’t be that hard to find the sweet smelling flower if even Eunbi could smell it from the cashier. So it's not like you have to go around and stick your nose to each and every flower in the room. But somehow it was that difficult for this girl, this girl who was supposedly working here, whose only job was sellingl flowers. Shouldn’t she at least be more knowledgeable than her customers about what she is selling? 

 

And they say omegas are the ones incapable of working.

 

“is the lily not good enough, miss?” the girl asked from the back of the shop. “I think lilies smell nice.”

 

And that is when Eunbi decided to invite herself to the back of the shop. 

 

It was actually bigger than what Eunbi had thought, judging from the front look of the shop. Searching for her flower, Eunbi let the sweet smell guide her steps. It’s really not that hard. The scent was getting stronger and stronger with each step Eunbi took. She must be heading into the right direction. 

 

When she thought she was close, she saw the florist just a few steps in front of her. The girl was sniffing the flowers violently, and looking utterly lost. This is exactly why Eunbi needed to do everything herself.

 

“Yah, I think the flower is somewhere around here.”

 

Eunbi's half shout made the girl jumped. Eunbi almost felt bad. Almost. Incompetence is not something to be tolerated.

 

“I apologize for taking so long to find your flower, miss. But please wait at the cashier--”

 

“Not happening, I would be waiting the whole day if this goes on.”

 

Eunbi started searching for her flowers again, ignoring the florist’s weak protests. Closing her eyes, she once again focused on the lovely scent. It was only fitting for the flower to be outstandingly beautiful if it smelled this nice. She continued to walk blindly like that until her heels caught a wild vine. She failed to maintain her balance and prepared for the inevitable crash land.

 

But the impact never happened. 

 

What did happen is the surge of addictingly sweet yet gentle fragrance filling her every senses, sending flutters to her stomach. 



 

The flower. 

 

She was caught by the flower.



 

“Whew, that was close, miss,” 

Eunbi looked up to the florist. Do betas always smell this strong? Then again, her scent was too gentle to be an alpha’s. 

 

Eunbi looked into the girl’s eyes, trying to find an answer on those dark brown orbs. The florist just stared back in confusion.

 

“what are you?”

 

The florist gave Eunbi a confused look but managed to muster a small smile.

 

“It's Sakura, Miyawaki Sakura.”