Hey, can I ask you something?

Kkura drafts

"Why did you kiss me?"

 

Yena watched as the older started to freeze on her spot. A look that screamed "you knew?" Met Yena's unwavering gaze and Yena knew that it was more than enough for Sakura to understand the answer.

 

A blush ignited the tip of Sakura's huge ears down to her face. Yena scanned the older's flushed face for something she had not known about their situation. But doing so proved to be difficult when Sakura finally decided to look down at the books and began stacking them again.

 

"I thought we hate each other" Yena tried to get her attention back.

 

"That's right."

 

Without looking at yena, Sakura paced out of Yena's field of vision towards the furthest bookshelves. Yena hurriedly followed her, she was not planning on giving up. 

 

"Then why did you-"

 

Just when Yena was about to reach for Sakura's shoulder, she turned around and pushed Yena on to the bookshelf. She placed both of her hands on the sides of Yena's head, trapping her. 

 

Yena looked up to the older's face. It was bright red. Her eyes confused and somewhat pleading. Her chest rose up and down heavily. Their proximity allowed Sakura's breath to tickle yena's lips. And her heart flipped

 

Sakura's nervousness is contagious. Yena didn't really know what to do now. Was this reaction supposed to give her an answer? She's not very good at these. She's never been the brain type to begin with. 

 

She switched her focus back and forth between Sakura's face and her mind. Trying to translate what exactly is going on as sakura tried to calm herself. Instead, the memory of their kiss yesterday played in yena's head. How Sakura only dared to leave a small peck as she probably didn't want to wake the younger from "sleeping". So much for that.

 

The older's lips were so soft and warm against her own. She was so gentle. The way she tucked Yena's hair as she connected their lips together, or how she brushed Yena's lips with her thumb after the kiss as if she was erasing her trace. Those were nothing near how Sakura always treated her. 

 

It led her to a lot of thinking (and blushing). In the end, she could only come up with one conclusion.

 

She doesn't hate it.

 

"I thought we hate each other." Yena said again, quietly.

 

Sakura's eyes are cold. Yena noticed. Yena was used to Sakura giving her the stink eye, but this one, it just feels lifeless.


 

"That's right."


 

The answer was almost inaudible if not for their proximity and the emptiness of the library. Yet, yena could swear, she could hear pain in the older's voice.

 

She lifted one of her hands to the older's cheek. Sakura flinched at the contact, but seeing how yena's hand didn't retract, she let herself relaxed a bit on the other girl's touch. Sakura has never felt more fragile. It somehow burns Yena's eyes. A lump formed in yena's throat.

 

"Can I kiss you, again?"