2/2

if you close the door, the night could last forever
[COMEBACK STAGE] TAEYEON - COVER UP
 
 
 
 
“Is it true you wrote the lyrics for your title song Cover Up?”
 
“Yes,” she responds with a stunning smile. “I wrote the lyrics for Cover Up and co-wrote a few of the others. I wanted to show another side of myself and hopefully everyone enjoys it.”
 
“What is your favorite line from the song?”
 
Her smile falters for a moment. “I imagine that someday, you’ll come to me and we’ll have a sweet dream together.”
 
“Why is that your favorite?”
 
She pauses. “It reminds me of Baekhyun.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Chanyeol?”
 
“Yeah?” he doesn’t look up from his phone screen.
 
“I think we need to talk.”
 
“About?”
 
Baekhyun furrows his brow. “I think you know what.”
 
“Can’t we just. . .pretend it didn’t happen and just. . .” he looks to Baekhyun with pleading eyes.
 
“I wish that would happen, but I can’t stop thinking about it-”
 
“Me too. I think what’s best is to just. . .pretend, and live our lives as if it never happened. I just. . . I’m sorry. Just pretend it didn’t happen. We were probably just. . .I don’t know projecting our partners or something.”
 
Baekhyun turns away and thinks about the number of unread messages he has from Taeyeon. “Yeah, you’re probably right. I’ll take my stuff out of your apartment.”
 
“Wait!” Chanyeol grabs his wrist. “I don’t want you to leave-”
 
“I think it’s for the best.”
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun sits on his bed listening to the music Chanyeol plays through the walls. He smiles imagining the taller next to him playfully shoving him, or carefully selecting photos that will be sent to Kris. He lays down and rests his head on the rilakkuma pillow he stole from his neighbor’s room. Reaching for his phone, he starts a live broadcast.
 
“Hi,” he grins and flips onto his stomach holding the phone at selca length. “How is everyone? Can you hear me?”
 
Scanning through the comments, he laughs. “I’m happy, you’re happy! I can’t wait to see you all again! How soon is soon? I’m not supposed to be revealing anything about my comeback- or any other comebacks within my label, so don’t ask,” Baekhyun teases. “I’m bored! Is there anything you want to see- besides my nutella abs! You want me to sing? Okay, what song? That’s a nice choice, especially since it’s Taeyeon’s. The lyrics are so nice and remind me of a hesitant first love.”
 
After singing a few lines from the song, he notices a loud thumping through the walls. “Can everyone hear that?” he holds the phone closer to the wall. “That’s Chanyeol’s music playing. Isn’t it loud? It’s very- Huh? You want me to get Chanyeol? Okay. . !”
 
Baekhyun hops out of bed and holds the phone to his chest, so the fans don’t know where they’re staying. “Chanyeol!” He knocks on the door and the music stops.
 
“What’s up-”
 
“I’m doing a livestream and the fans wanted to see you,” he laughs and flips the camera so the fans can see Chanyeol in his rilakkuma pajamas. “I bought those for you on your birthday, right?”
 
“Yup,” his face turns red with embarrassment, but doesn’t move from the doorway.
 
“Do you want to come in?”
 
“Sure,” and he flips the camera back onto himself as he heads toward the futon. “Is there anything you want to ask Chanyeol?”
 
The taller sits next to him; their shoulders touch and Baekhyun goes rigid for a split second. “Well, I’ll be sure to take more photos of our little prince, so you guys don’t miss out on his bedhead and his own pair of puppy pjs!”
 
“Hey!” he pouts, and Chanyeol scans the screen for anymore questions.
 
“You guys want to listen to what I was playing? Sure thing!” he slides off the futon to get his laptop. Once he returns, Baekhyun flips the camera so the fans can see the latter’s lanky frame criss-crossed and hunched over the screen. A few chords play through the speakers and Chanyeol grins toward Baekhyun’s phone. “I wrote a melody back in highschool and have been adding to it every now and then.”
 
“What’s its name?”
 
“Untitled number one,” he laughs.
 
“They’re asking if you’ll write a song for me,” Baekhyun smiles sheepishly.
 
“I don’t have any experience. . .but maybe someday,” his cheeks turn bright red, and he hits the spacebar while yawning. “Well, this was fun, but I think we should be getting to bed.”
 
“I agree,” the camera flips back. “Goodnight everyone! I hope you have sweet dreams. I love you~”
 
Baekhyun tosses his phone to the coffee table and sinks into the furniture. “That song is really nice. You never told me you wrote stuff.”
 
“Well, that’s one of the only compositions that I’m proud of to date. I took a music theory class and play chords on the guitar every now and then.”
 
“So that’s why you keep a guitar in your room,” Baekhyun mumbles. “That’s pretty cool. Erm, I guess I’ll leave you to your composing.”
 
He gets up to pick up his phone and heads toward the exit. “Wait.”
 
“What?”
 
“I. . .” Chanyeol shoves his laptop closer to Baekhyun and stands up. “I. . .nevermind.”
 
“O-kay then. . . ? Uh, goodnight, Yeol,” he smiles wistfully before closing the door behind him.
 
 
 
 
 
♫ WITHOUT KNOWING I SMILE MORE THOUGHTS OF YOU FLOOD MY MIND AND I CAN’T IGNORE IT’S FASCINATING HOW YOU ENTERED MY HEART AND REFUSED TO LEAVE I WANT TO KEEP THE DOOR TO MY HEART OPEN TO RECEIVE I MADE THIS SONG WHEN I THOUGHT OF YOU YOUR PRETTY PICTURES KEPT FLOODING MY ALBUM OUT OF THE BLUE AND I WISH YOU KNEW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU ♫
 
 
 
Chanyeol hums to himself while walking with Jongin as the moon reveals herself from a cluster of clouds. The park is pretty well lit despite the surrounding darkness. The tune is familiar; Jongin looks toward the latter grabbing hold of his hand tenderly. “What’s that?”
 
“Hm?” Chanyeol looks back at him with a look of surprise. “Oh! Was I humming?”
 
“Yeah, its really familiar for some reason,” he laughs squeezing the taller’s hand. “I like it, whatever it is.”
 
“It’s a melody that’s been stuck in my head. I’ve been wanting to write it down, but. . .I’m a little rusty at that sort of stuff. . .”
 
“You can always just keep pressing buttons on a laptop and you’ll figure it out, I’m sure. Also, you could ask someone for help as well,” Jongin grins. “I’d love to help you out!”
 
Chanyeol pulls Jongin into a tight embrace, a content smile on his face. “Thanks.”
 
“Anytime,” he pecks Chanyeol’s cheek before dragging him through the rest of the park.
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun groans as he hears the insistent buzzing from his phone. At this point, he is close to chucking it out the window in a flurry of annoyance. “! What do you want from me?!” He grabs the device from underneath his pillow and reads the name.
 
 
[10] Unknown Number
 
 
Baekhyun chucks his phone across the room and flips the covers over his head in an attempt to shield himself from everything. He can hear his short breath and the rapid beat of his heart. The subtle tick and tock from the clock in the corner as well as the soft hum coming from the AC. Baekhyun breathes in and out slowly to calm himself down.
 
A few minutes later, he’s close to falling asleep when he hears the soft jingle of keys; Baekhyun only has one neighbor that would come home this late. His heart quickens as he thinks about their kiss a few weeks ago. He holds a hand over his chest feeling the racing pulse. Baekhyun mentally kicks himself for this feeling. He flips onto his side. Chanyeol begins singing to himself as he pads around his apartment; the footsteps near the wall separating the two of them. He seems to have settled down onto his bed after a squeak and a thud. Baekhyun pulls the covers down to his chin once his heart rate returned back to its original state. Chanyeol’s voice is muffled through the wall, but he still sounds amazing. Baekhyun smiles and flips onto his back to stare at the ceiling.
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun sits across from Taeyeon with a grin on his face as she tells him about her week. “-so I said- Baek?”
 
“Hm? What is it?” he continues to watch his phone screen.
 
“I was just- never mind,” she waves her hand off. “So, how was your week so far? Baek? Baekhyun?”
 
Baekhyun looks up from his phone. “Sorry, what? I was. . .You were saying?”
 
“You’ve been staring at your phone the whole time. Is there something wrong?”
 
“Uh, no. Chanyeol was just- here,” he sets his phone on the table face down. “You have my full attention, Taeyeon-ah.”
 
He grins at her, and she smiles back.
 
 
 
 
SENSE MAGAZINE RELEASES LOVEY-DOVEY TEASERS OF IT-COUPLE, BAEKHYUN AND TAEYEON
 
 
 
 
“-you wouldn’t mind if I fixed one thing?” Chanyeol asks before taking the couple’s photo.
 
“Go for it.”
 
The photographer walks over with his hand outstretched to fix the latter’s hair. “You’ve got a few unruly strands.”
 
“Really?” he laughs; Taeyeon is jealous and hides it with a smile.
 
“Yup,” Chanyeol moves a few locks around to get a more composed messy look. Baekhyun won’t stop looking at him with adoration in his eyes. Why can’t you look at me that way. “Whenever you’re ready, Baek.”
 
 
 
 
“Do you like Chanyeol?” Taeyeon asks as she walks over to him and slides onto his lap.
 
“Wh-what?” he looks up from his phone into her starry eyes. Baekhyun turns the screen off and throws it to the side to support her back.
 
“I feel like I’m losing you to him.”
 
“I-I don’t understand. I’m in a relationship with you, Taeyeon, not Chanyeol. What brought this up?”
 
She caresses his face. “I just see the way you look at him and you haven’t looked at me like that in forever.”
 
Taeyeon’s eyes search his for something. “What are you talking about?”
 
“Don’t play with me, Baekhyun,” she hugs him to look at his phone screen with Chanyeol’s name.
 
“We’re just really good friends. I swear. I love you not him,” his voice cracks momentarily and she catches it. Baekhyun needs this relationship. Kris wants him to be with her and the fans love them together-
 
“Do you love me?”
 
“Y-yes.”
 
“Kiss me,” she murmurs as Baekhyun’s eyes widen. He mentally shakes it off while he closes the gap between them. Their lips meet tenderly before molding together with aggression and passion. Taeyeon pulls away to take a breath. Her eyes shine while the tension builds between them. “I love you.”
 
“I love you, too,” he whispers pecking her cheeks and eyes before his hands slide up her waist. He hates it. He hates it so much.
 
“Baekhyun,” she murmurs as he kisses her neck. “Baekhyun, I love you so much.” Taeyeon slides a hand under his shirt feeling his toned body before slipping it off. Pulling him down, she presses their lips together once again. “I love you. I love you.”
 
“I love you, too,” the words seem mechanical, but Taeyeon smiles sweetly as she wraps her legs around his torso.
 
 
 
 
  • [+10 ] I can’t believe they actually broke up
  • [+2 -1] I wish there were more couple selcas TT
  • [0] CHANBAEK
  • [+5 -3] I hope Taeyeon is doing well
  • [-4] If only the fans were more supportive, they would’ve stayed together longer
  • [+2] maybe Baekhyunnie will make more music!!
  • [+1 -4] Now that Baekhyun’s free I hope Chanyeol dumps Kai’s
  • [+11] Baekhyun-ah I’m single too!!
  • [0] I hope they’re both okay
 
 
 
 
“Yeol?”
 
“What’s up?” he asks as he snaps another photo before they continue down the street.
 
“Do you wish you picked something different?”
 
“Sorry, what? You’re going to have to speak up a bit, Baekhyun,” he mumbles taking one of the artist who stopped in the middle of the moonlit road.
 
“How do I reword this for your tiny brain to understand. . . ?”
 
“HEY!”
 
“Just kidding,” he laughs. “Well, have you ever wished for something different? Y’know something that isn’t photography.”
 
Chanyeol lets the camera hang around his neck as he matches pace with Baekhyun. “Hm, I don’t think I have. I love what I do even though I’m photographing your ugly face for the fan page every other day.”
 
A receives a smack in return. “I’m kidding, Jesus, take a joke. I’m living my dream out and I’m happy, so I don’t see any reason for wishing for something else. . .why do you ask?”
 
He looks at Baekhyun with confused eyes. The latter stares ahead with a smile on his lips and a glazed over look in his eyes. “No reason. I’m just curious.”
 
“Do you wish for something new?”
 
Baekhyun looks up at him with starry eyes and a trembling grin. “Sometimes.”
 
 
 
 
 
IDOL STAR BAEKHYUN SET FOR A FINAL COMEBACK THIS MAY
AFTER a long press conference, Baekhyun told reporters he will be taking a year long hiatus once promotions are over for his latest album, The Day. The idol star has participated in a plethora of events this year ranging from variety shows to concerts, while maintaining his number one spot on music charts, and filming many dramas and movies. He told reporters, “I’ve been wanting a break for a while now, but at the same time I wanted to share everything I’ve been working on. Now that my inspiration is depleted, I must take a break in order to re-energize myself.” Baekhyun says that he will be updating his social media to keep in touch, but for the most part will stay away from participating in any other programming.
“I hope you, the fans, will enjoy this album. Thank you for understanding and staying with me through everything.”
HIS comeback is set for May 6th, the idol’s birthday, and will be broadcasted at 8PM.
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun rolls over swaddling himself in his comforter. He listens to Chanyeol’s grumbling over the phone as the rain plops onto his window sill. His work phone buzzes in the corner as his manager attempts to contact him for a dance rehearsal later that day. He sighs and ducks his head into the warmth of his comforter.
 
 
“Baek?” there’s a soft knock at his door, and it creaks open; it’s Chanyeol. “Your manager is calling about the-”
 
“I’m on hiatus. Let me have a break. . .”
 
“Baekhyun, it’s your job to show-”
 
“I can’t. I’m sick,” he croaks from underneath his bed covers.
 
“Baek-”
 
“Please,” he sits up and stares Chanyeol down. “Please.” His shoulders are slumped and there are dark circles underneath his eyes. “Chanyeol, please.”
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun dreams of warm arms and sweet words. Sunlight filters through yellow curtains and birds chirping on the sill. There are pancakes in a pan and laughter in the room. He feels happy and so loved as soft hands caress his face like butterfly kisses.
 
 
 
 
 
“-you didn’t even consult me when you made this decision!! We have gone down in sales and stock prices because of your mistake. I don’t care if you hated Taeyeon or not, Baekhyun. This is all for the sake of keeping our company afloat, so you have a roof over your head and food on the table. Don’t make any more stupid decisions or I’m going to drop you from the label. If I see one more stunt like this, I will terminate our contract in a snap.”
 
Baekhyun isn’t sure if he chose the right path anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol spends most of his time in Baekhyun’s apartment. He checks up on the latter ever so often in case he needs something, but never enough to make it seem like he’s hovering. (He is.) His heart tugs every time he sees sunken cheeks and sallow skin. He seems sick, but Chanyeol isn’t sure what he should do, or what he can do. His phone buzzes; it’s Jongin.
 
 
10:04AM Yeol, is everything okay? We haven’t had a date in awhile TT
 
10:04AM I miss you
 
10:05AM Sorry I’ve been taking care of Baek. He seems sick and I wanted to make sure he’s okay.
 
10:05AM Oh, I hope he feels better. It must to be sick on your break ;;
 
10:05AM I suppose. Well I’ll message you later
 
10:06AM I love you
 
 
Chanyeol turns his phone off and sets it down on the coffee table before heading into Baekhyun’s room with some water. His heart thumps once the slender figure sits up with a small smile on his face.
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun misses Chanyeol. Baekhyun missed Chanyeol. Baekhyun has ********. Baekhyun needs ********.
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun flips onto his side and curls into Chanyeol’s chest. His breathing light and even as Chanyeol pulls him even closer. He presses a kiss to soft, raven hair. “I care about you, Baekhyun. I care about you, a lot. I care about you, too much.”
 
He sighs and cards his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair. “I think I’m in love with you. . .”
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol snaps photos of the young rookie as the instructor counts from one to eight rhythmically. Sweat beads down his forehead, but he continues to push himself to be the person his fans wish for. Determination gleams in his eyes the more he continues to contort his body. Chanyeol watches in awe as Baekhyun masters the choreography in an hour and continues to expel all of his energy into perfecting every little move. Baekhyun digs deep inside to draw out his emotions for the mirror to capture. Only for him to pull again and again, until he collapses to the floor exhausted and his lungs heaving.
 
He sets his camera down and offers a hand only to have it pushed aside as Baekhyun stands up on wobbly legs to pick-up where he left off. Click.
 
 
 
 
 
“Chanyeol!” a familiar voice calls as he trails behind Baekhyun looking at the camera’s monitor. “Chanyeol!”
 
Turning around, he spots Jongin running toward them. On instinct, he waves toward the latter. “Jongin.”
 
“It’s been awhile since we’ve seen each other,” he manages between breaths. “You haven’t been answering my calls- oh, hi Baekhyun!”
 
“Hello,” Baekhyun smiles easily and offers his hand. “It’s nice to see you again.”
 
Jongin gleefully takes it with a firm grip. “Nice to see you again!” he drops his hold. “What’re you guys up to today?”
 
“I was just taking a walk around the city while Chanyeol updates the website with new photos. Nothing new,” he laughs. He notices how Jongin reaches for Chanyeol’s empty hand. “Well, I’ll be at the usual cafe when you want to finish the shoot up, Chanyeol.”
 
“Okay,” he mumbles back watching Baekhyun saunter off.
 
“So, is something wrong? Are you okay?” Jongin’s eyes are wide with questions; he shifts his weight from leg to leg while waiting for a response.
 
Chanyeol sighs, running a hand through his dark hair. “I’m just busy is all. I’ll do my best to make more time for you.”
 
“Oh. . .okay. Do you want to go-”
 
“Baekhyun’s waiting for me,” he notices how harsh he sounds. “I’ll make it up to you this Friday. I’ll pick you up at seven, is that okay?”
 
Something flashes through his eyes. “I can’t.”
 
“Huh? Why not- oh yeah. . .you debut your single.”
 
“I’ll just text you when I’m free and we can work from there. . .is that good?” Chanyeol smiles. “Yeah.”
 
Jongin’s lips sag around the corners. “Well, don’t keep Baekhyun waiting. . .I love you.”
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol wakes up to Baekhyun in his arms. His features peaceful and glowing in the early morning rays. His heart thuds painfully in his chest, and he’s overcome with the urge to press his lips against Baekhyun’s. Jongin flashes through his mind’s eye as he slowly tilts closer toward the latter. He hesitates thinking about what happened last time; Chanyeol almost lost Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun’s eyes flutter open as Chanyeol removes his arms from around the latter. “Good morning.”
 
He wishes to press chaste pecks on flushed cheeks and cotton candy lips. He wishes to hold Baekhyun close and tell him that he is loved. He wishes to tell Baekhyun that he loves- “Morning,” he rasps. “Good sleep?”
 
“Mhmm,” Baekhyun grins before closing his eyes and breathing in deeply. An exhale later, he buries his face into Chanyeol’s chest. He smiles and runs his fingers through the smaller’s soft, black hair.
 
“I missed this color on you,” he mumbles. Baekhyun hums in response before he gets ready for the day ahead.
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol makes it to Jongin’s apartment without any snags. Knocking on the door, he holds a small bouquet of vibrant flowers. Jongin opens the door with ease and a smile on his handsome features. “You’re here! Come in, come in!”
 
“Hello to you too,” he chuckles as he steps inside the clean apartment. “These are for you.”
 
Tenderly, Jongin takes the bouquet and smells the flowers. “They’re wonderful. Thank you.”
 
Chanyeol grins before stepping out of his shoes and pads around the apartment in his socks. “What’s on the agenda for today?”
 
“Dinner and a movie sound okay? I was thinking of cooking pasta.”
 
“Sounds good to me,” he laughs and wraps his arms around Jongin’s lithe frame.
 
 
After their meal, they sit on the plush couch watching some romantic comedy. The two of mildly pay attention to it as Chanyeol drums his fingers on Jongin’s thigh while the latter lays his head on his bony shoulder. Their minds wander elsewhere while the movie progresses. “I feel like I’ve seen this film already.”
 
“I feel the same way, but it isn’t that bad,” Chanyeol mumbles.
 
“You’re not even paying attention to it,” Jongin laughs gently smacking the taller.
 
“Hey, I totally am!”
 
“Hey, yourself. Okay, then what’s going on so far in the movie?” he asks. Chanyeol pushes him over and tickles him relentlessly.
 
“Face my wrath, Jongin!”
 
Between bouts of laughter, Jongin pleads for forgiveness. A few moments later, Chanyeol gives in to his pleas, but continues to hover over the latter searching for something in his eyes. Before he could pull away, the latter captures his lips. His heart sinks as their lips mold together easily and hands pull him closer. Pulling away with a little gasp, he stares at Jongin with wide eyes. “Wh-what ar-are you doing?!”
 
“I’m so sorry! Did I misread-” Chanyeol moves away from Jongin to the other end of the couch. “I thought you were-
 
“I have to go,” he says finitely before leaving Jongin’s apartment.
 
His phone won't stop buzzing in the passenger seat as he speeds home.
 
 
Baekhyun wakes to a slam of a door and something being thrown into a wall; instinctively, he curls into his sheets while his eyes are wide with panic.
 
“Goddammit!”
 
“ing hell!” the voice yells throwing another object at the wall before sobs are muffled. Baekhyun sits up and puts his ear to the wall. “Yeol. . . ?”
 
He hops off the bed and rushes toward his neighbor’s door and knocks on it softly only for it to open easily. “Chanyeol. . “
 
“Baek,” the taller’s eyes wet with tears. He pulls him into a deep kiss. Baekhyun’s legs turn to jello as Chanyeol pulls him closer and plants kisses down his neck.
 
“Chanyeol? What are you-”
 
He shuts the latter up with a kiss.
 
 
“I’m in love with you.”
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol gasps before abruptly sitting up. The sheets falling off of his upper body and the cool air shocks to his slick skin. His heart thumps in his chest as he gasps for air. “Wha-”
 
“Yeol?” Baekhyun pokes his head in the doorway with worry on his face.
 
“Baek?”
 
“You feeling better?”
 
“What are you talk-”
 
“You had a nasty fever last night when you came back from wherever you were. . .”
 
“Oh. . .”
 
“You also seemed a little mad and muttered things in your sleep,” he chuckles before fully opening the door to reveal a tray with a few items. “I thought you would still be sleeping, so I was going to change your towel. . .are you hungry?”
 
“Yeah,” he mumbles looking out the dark window. “What did I say?”
 
Baekhyun sets the tray down on the bedside table. “Most of it was intelligible like your handwriting-” Chanyeol punches his arm. “Are you doing any shoots today?”
 
“I’m not feeling too great. I’ll call Kris and tell him.”
 
“I’m making pancakes, your stomach feel up to it?”
 
His stomach grumbles on cue. “That’d be great.”
 
“Sweet! Well, I’ll get back to the kitchen,” Baekhyun runs off.
 
 
Chanyeol holds his face in his hands as memories flood his mind.
 
 
 
 
 
BAEKHYUN BREAKS HIATUS WITH SULTRY LOOKS ON THE COVER OF ‘SENSE’
 
 
 
 
“Baek, can you turn more toward- thanks,” he directs before he captures the shot. “And can you- great!” The playlist in the background is ambient as light shines through an opening in the ceiling. It hits Baekhyun’s face in a way that makes him seem ethereal despite his dark, moody looks toward the camera. A few more clicks and Chanyeol looks through the different photos he’s taken; the model sits down on the cool concrete floor.
 
“How are they turning out?” he asks while motioning for someone to get him his water bottle.
 
“Perfect,” he mumbles back scrolling through. Looking up to Baekhyun, he grins.
 
“Lemme just fix something.” He steps closer to Baekhyun, letting the camera hang around his neck. He fixes the stray hairs on top of Baekhyun’s head. Eventually his fingers trail down to the latter’s chest and he nudges the jacket to open more. Chanyeol furrows his brows and s a few of the shirt buttons to expose the shorter’s chest and collar bones. Seeing the contrast between the dark, heavy fabric and Baekhyun’s smooth, pale skin, he backs away a hand on his camera. “Okay, whenever you’re ready.”
 
Chanyeol kneels onto a pillow and preps his camera while Baekhyun calms his racing heart.
 
 
His phone buzzes in his pocket as he takes a bite of his sandwich. Pulling his phone out, he sets his food down onto the crackling wrapper.
 
 
Jongin ♥
 
 
“. . .this is pretty good-You alright?” Baekhyun asks with his mouth full.
 
“Huh?” he looks up. “Yeah, it’s all good. You were saying?”
 
Chanyeol turns his phone off.
 
 
 
 
 
“Hello?” Chanyeol mumbles into the receiver as he lays on his back savoring the warmth of his newly purchased comforter. “Who is it?”
 
It’s me, Jongin.
 
He sits up immediately his eyes alert. “Jongin-ah? What’s up?”
 
We need to talk.
 
“About?” his heart sinks.
 
Us. Are you available in a few hours?
 
He glances toward the digital clock on the bedside table. “Er, yeah I should be.”
 
Let’s meet up at the park. I’ll see you then,” Jongin ends the call before Chanyeol could say anything else.
 
 
The wind blows his hair every which way as he wraps the scarf around his neck. Although he’s dressed warmly, Chanyeol can feel a chill run through his skin as winter sets in. Sitting on a bench, his hands are stuffed in his pockets. Eventually, the gusts turn into gentle yet nippy caresses while he waits for Jongin to appear in the semi-empty park. Chanyeol watches the leaves fall to the muddy ground and people walk around in their rain boots; he wishes he brought his camera. He sighs before starting to count how many trees are around him.
 
“Chanyeol?”
 
He pauses at ten when he turns around to see Jongin standing there with his hands in his coat pockets. “Jongin-ah. Hey-”
 
“Are we okay?” he asks sitting down next to the taller.
 
Chanyeol blinks. “Well, I think we’re good, why are you asking? Is something wrong?”
 
Jongin sighs tightening his coat around his slim frame. “I’ve been feeling. . .neglected is all. You seem distant.”
 
His heartbeat quickens and a sense of dread fills his body. “Really. . . ?
 
“I completely understand though! Our jobs can be time consuming and all that. . .I just want you to know that I’m here if you need help with anything. . .”
 
“Thanks, Jongin-ah.”
 
“Also, just. . .talk to me next time, okay? If you need space, just ask. If you want a foot massage, just ask. I want this to work out for the both of us, y’know? But I can’t do it by myself since this is a partnership. . .”.
 
“I get it,” he smiles and throws an arm around Jongin.
 
“I love you, Chanyeol. I want you to know that.”
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun pokes his head into Chanyeol’s room. “Yeol. . . ?”
 
“Hmm?” The sheets rustle. “What’s wrong? You need something?”
 
“I just wanted to see if you’re doing alright.You seemed a little dow- never mind,” he mumbles meekly as he closes the door. “Good nigh-”
 
“Can you stay here?”
 
“Huh?” Baekhyun feels a hand latch onto his wrist.
 
“Please.”
 
“Okay,” Baekhyun whispers as Chanyeol leads him to the bed. His pulse picks up and his cheeks are cherries. “Can I ask you a question?”
 
He lays his head down on the cloudlike pillow facing Chanyeol. Warm arms pull him closer; he can smell a hint of aftershave. “Sure.”
 
“How are you feeling?”
 
Baekhyun can hear his heart and Chanyeol’s heart beating in irregular patterns. “Fine. . .a little distraught, but I’ll be okay. How ‘bout you?”
 
“I’m a little sad myself. . .Is there anything I can do?”
 
 
Baekhyun spends all day in bed with Chanyeol. Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol off of the bed and in return is hit by a pillow then tickled until he promises to cook meals for the next week. Chanyeol pulls out his phone camera and snaps photos of Baekhyun as he laughs and pouts. They complain about being hungry, but are too lazy to leave the comfort and warmth of the bed. Eventually, Baekhyun takes one for the duo as he leaves to prepare something thanks to Chanyeol “and his dumb, stupid face” reminding him of his newest chore. While waiting for his meal, he scrolls through his camera roll. Baekhyun laughing, crying, pouting, stuffing his face. . .Baekhyun, Baekhyun, Baekhyun.
 
 
Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun closer as the shorter sleeps. They’re face to face. This scene feels awfully familiar. Baekhyun’s features calm and rosy; his tongue darts across his lips leaving a soft sheen in its place. Cotton candy blossoms on his snowy cheeks and all of a sudden, everything about the male seems so delicate. Chanyeol gently caresses the latter’s smooth skin and feels his heart thump uncontrollably. It pounds in his ears and he wonders if Baekhyun can hear it in his dream. Inky lashes splay across the salmon slopes in soft curves. Chanyeol feels clammy. Baekhyun’s eyes flutter open and his chocolate eyes examine Chanyeol’s starry ones. In a moment of weakness, Baekhyun inches closer to him.
 
“Kiss me,” Baekhyun whispers into the morning breeze.
 
 
 
Baekhyun is tangled in Chanyeol’s form as they lazily kiss while jumbled in the white comforter. His hands play with the edges of Chanyeol’s cotton shirt as the latter nibbles on his ear. “Chanyeol. . . ?”
 
“What is it?” Chanyeol kisses a line down his neck. “Is something wrong?”
 
This is wrong. “Uh. . .”
 
“Baek, you okay?” the taller hovers over his face, concerned.
 
My career. “Sorry, I. . .I’m fine now,” he pecks Chanyeol’s lips.
 
This relationship.
 
 
 
 
 
BAEKHYUN TO RELEASE A NEW ALBUM NEXT MONTH
LAST night, BLACKLIGHT Entertainment released multiple teasers containing pictures of idol star Baekhyun dressed in boyfriend-esque clothes. This caused fans to swoon and flood social media with comments about his new look. Recently, the idol’s company released a statement about the title track, YOU ARE.
“YOU ARE is a song about someone in love and how they find beauty in everything about their significant other,” BLACKLIGHT Entertainment writes. “This unique track combines the musical talent of both Baekhyun and popular photographer, Chanyeol. We hope everyone enjoys it as much as the duo has while creating it.
BAEKHYUN is reported to make a comeback this Friday with new teasers everyday leading up to the release.
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol wakes up with a start. His breathing becomes more erratic as the bed shifts. Looking to his side, he sees Baekhyun sleeping soundly with the comforter exposing his marred collarbones and pale torso. His blood turns to ice as he picks up his clothes and leaves.
 
 
 
A familiar song plays as Jongin arrives, “Chanyeol! I didn’t know you were going to be here today! Are you here to watch?”
 
He laughs nervously. “Ah, I’m the photographer today since Jongdae had a quick errand to run.”
 
“Oh, cool! I hope it'll be as much fun as last time!”
 
“Hah, yeah,” Chanyeol fidgets with his camera. “Er, well, SUHO should be here any minute with the clothing for today. . .so sit tight, and I’ll go make sure everything is ready.”
 
“Sure thing. I’ll see you later, Yeollie!”
 
 
“Can you you just lay on- yeah perfect,” Chanyeol mumbles as the model lies on the cushion. A few clicks and Jongin switches positions; he grabs his hair and glares into the lens.
 
He breaks character for a moment. “What is this song?”
 
“Oh, it’s just that song I worked on with Baekhyun,” he chuckles. “Can you go back to posin-”
 
“It’s so nice and chill. . .”
 
“Yeah,” he grins letting the camera hang from his neck. “Baekhyun wrote the lyrics while I wrote the backtrack. It came out pretty good, don’t you think?”
 
Jongin smiles bitterly. “It’s a very nice song, Chan.”
 
 
 
♫ I wish you knew, how much I love you ♫
 
 
 
Baekhyun lays his head on Chanyeol’s chest hearing his heartbeat; he feels the rise and fall of his chest. The comforter is tangled around their forms and Chanyeol runs his fingers through Baekhyun’s inky hair. “Chanyeol, I think we should st-”
 
“Don’t say it. I know.”
 
“Then why do we keep-”
 
“Well, I. . .I’m in love with you,” Baekhyun tenses.
 
“I love you, too,” he mumbles burying his face into the taller’s chest.
 
“Y-you do-”
 
“I can’t do this. I can’t be the other person in this messy thing we’ve got going on,” he can feel the tears welling up in his eyes as he traces his name onto the Chanyeol’s exposed skin.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“This thing!” he gestures to their bodies intertwined underneath a warm cover. “If this gets out, Chanyeol. We’ll be screwed. Our careers. . .I worked too hard to get to where I am for it to end over some stupid relationship.”
 
“‘Stupid relationship?’ Is that how you view us?”
 
“There is no “us,” Chanyeol!” he sits up with his legs dangling off the edge of the bed.
 
“I want you so bad. I want you so bad, but I can’t-”
 
“Then just try. Please, just try. I’ll do anything. Please, just try.”
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol hums to himself as he makes breakfast. The TV provides some background noise as he cracks two eggs and whisks them together with practiced ease. He can hear his neighbor singing which brings a small smile to his face.
 
 
BZZT! BZZT! BZZT!
 
 
After accepting the call, he wedges it in between his cheek and shoulder.“Hello?”
 
Chanyeol! Sehun’s having a party at ECLIPSE, so you comin’?” Jongdae asks; in the background, he hears women trying to get the latter’s attention.
 
“Well, I don’t have any other plans today, so might as well?” he laughs.
 
Sweet! Party starts at 10 so don’t be late or you owe me a round. Sehun promised that it would be even better than my birthday!
 
“Oh, really? I guess I have to go then,” he laughs. “See you in a couple hours, Dae.”
 
 
 
Chanyeol strolls through the streets in a black button-up and black slacks. The cuffs are rolled up to his mid-forearm and the top two buttons are undone. Last time he checked, he thought he looked pretty nice. Then he spots a familiar face on one of the vertical, digital billboards. He grins as they seem to be walking toward him and the large stream of people he’s caught in. Not even two seconds pass when he gets back into walking, he spots another advertisement. And another. And another. “You’re always so busy, Baek. Maybe that’s why you hardly have any time to spend on yourself,” Chanyeol jokes while running a hand through his silvery hair.
 
 
Finally, you’re here!” Jongdae bounds up to him with a drink in hand. “Want some?”
 
“Sure,” he mumbles taking a sip from the cup. The alcohol burns his throat and the bitter taste comforts him. “God, I needed that after that long walk and all of those photographers outside.”
 
“Should’ve taken a cab and worn a mask, my friend,” the shorter laughs. “Well, Sehun is over there by the bar. He said that the drinks are free as long as you his .”
 
Chanyeol’s eyes widen. “What-”
 
“I’m kidding!” he punches Chanyeol’s arm. “But for real, he’s paying for us, so take advantage of that, Yeol!”
 
“Will do,” Jongdae gives him a thumbs up before disappearing into the crowd of moving bodies and loud music.
 
Chanyeol cuts through the crowd to greet Sehun and get some liquid confidence. “Hey Sehun!”
 
“Chanyeol you made it!” he shouts over the noise. “You want something to drink?”
 
“Definitely. Something strong,” some people brush past him and he swears one of them d his .
 
“You got it! How’ve you been?” he orders for Chanyeol.
 
“I’ve been pretty good. You?”
 
“Ah, well, you know how I’ve had this crush on Jongin for like. . .ever and we’re a thing now,” his eyes turn into crescents while his cheeks stain red. “I hope that isn’t awkward or anythi-”
 
“No! Not at all. I’m happy for you, Sehun.”
 
His eyes grow wide and his smile widens. “Speak of the devil, Jongin!”
 
Chanyeol turns around to see a bright smile turn dull. “Chanyeol?”
 
“Hey,” he waves out of habit. Sehun walks over and laces their fingers together before pecking his cheek. Jongin tenses and Chanyeol feels guilty.
 
 
 
Chanyeol sits at a booth watching the crowd move to the beat while sipping God knows what out of a clear glass. He feels happy here. Jongin walks up to him. “Sehun thinks you being antisocial is ruining the vibe of the party so come on out to the dance floor.”
 
“Why not,” he can’t help, but laugh mirthfully before the latter grabs his hand and leads him to the ocean of people. Chanyeol squeezes Jongin’s hand out of habit and immediately regrets it when their lips meet. He can blame the alcohol if anyone questions. He can’t help, but feel sorry for the latter as they continue to make-out in the middle of the mass.
 
 
His shirt acts like a second skin by the time the crowd begins to thin out. Jongin is attached to Sehun with a smile on his face. Chanyeol just wants everything to end the more he feels the latter’s stares. “Hey, Sehun. Hello, Jongin. Sorry, I’m late I got caught in a meeting.”
 
Chanyeol is drowning in his thoughts and another glass of whatever it was Sehun ordered. His heart feels light, but his mind is so cluttered. “No worries! Glad you could make it despite your schedule. Help yourself to anything and everything! I’ll cover the cost.”
 
“Well, if that’s the case, I’d like the most expensive drink you got,” he laughs and the bartenders shake their heads laughing along. The photographer wishes he had his camera on him to capture their bright smile and add it to his ongoing collection.
 
“So, what was the meeting for?”
 
“We were discussing next year’s plan in terms of my activities.”
 
“That’s pretty interesting!” Chanyeol just listens to their voice with a small smile. He gets up from his seat and faces them. He looks tired, but content. They lock eyes. The latter waves to Chanyeol out of habit. Eventually, reality catches up with his brain despite the amount of alcohol he had. Chanyeol doesn’t want to be here anymore, so he catches one last glimpse of their falling smile and the dimming of their aura before leaving without another glance.