1/2

if you close the door, the night could last forever
From across the room, Chanyeol watches the male swarmed with a whirlwind of people. He smiles politely and laughs at the right times; his body language is inviting and warm. (Chanyeol knows better thanks to the late nights and tangled sheets.) As the crowd disperses, he sends a grin to the photographer and beckons for him to come. Running his hand through his hair, Chanyeol glances at the blank set to the side; the backdrop is a muted tangerine and a few lights are set up. He’s excited. It’s been a good two months since he last photographed them for a magazine. It’s only been three hours since he last touched them. Placing a hand on the camera hanging by his hip, he saunters over to plant a kiss on Baekhyun’s lips.
 
 
 
 
AUDITIONS FOR THE SCHOOL MUSICAL TODAY AFTER SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM
BE PREPARED TO SING A SONG AND COLD READ FROM THE SCRIPT. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS, GO TO L101 OR FIND MR. DO.
 
 
 
 
“So, what got you interested in becoming a performer?” Chanyeol watches from the sidelines as he fiddles with his camera’s settings.
 
“Yeol, don’t forget to take a few photos for the still cuts. Make sure Baekhyun looks softer and light, so there’s a big contrast from the previous photoshoot.” “I’m on it,” he whispers back, taking a few blurry test shots and a few zoom-ins. “It’s not as if it’s my job...” “...high school audition for the musical, so my friend forced me to go,” a soft laugh and a click of a button; he takes another for good measure. “I got a supporting role despite it being my first production, and I’ve been hooked ever since. The next year they deemed me good enough to be the lead.” “Hooked on the attention? Fans?” Baekhyun shakes his head slightly with a small smile on his thin lips. “No, the feeling of being where I belong. It just feels right to be there on the stage with a group of people reaching for the same goal of pleasing the audience with a wonderful show.” “Pfft, how corny,” Chanyeol mumbles before taking a few more shots and retiring his camera for the duration of the interview. He grins as Baekhyun continues to laugh and smile. Jongdae smacks him upside the head for looking like a lovesick puppy. Chanyeol sets his bags on the counter along with his keys before collapsing on the futon in front of the TV. He sighs into the musty furniture and lets his body sink into the cushions. His mind goes blank as he enjoys the sweet silence of the bustling city. BZZT! BZZT! BZZT! “Oh, goddammit,” he groans pulling the phone out of his back pocket and accepting the call. “Hello?” “Yeol!” a voice calls from the other end; the background is noisy. They don't sound too happy. “Where are you?!” “What are you talking about?” “You promised you'd come to my party, you ! Did you forget?!” “Oh, . Uh, I’ll be there in a few!” “You better! Hey-” Chanyeol tosses his phone onto the coffee table and groans. Pushing himself off the futon, he pads to his bedroom to take a shower and change into new clothes. “Took you long enough,” Jongdae bounds up to him through a swarm of dancing people and boisterous laughter. The music is almost deafening and the lights are blinding. “Happy birthdae,” Chanyeol laughs before getting smacked. “What? It was a good one!” “You're an idiot, but thank you anyways. Drink?” the latter offers a plastic red cup. “I don’t think I should trust you,” he laughs and takes a gulp relishing the sweet sensation as it stings his throat. “Whatever . By the way, you look snazzy tonight,” he shouts over the hollering and whooping. “Thanks!” he grins. “Where's the snack table?” “What?” “The snack table! Where is it?” “Oh, it's over there by the DJ! Go on and help yourself there’s also drinks at the end of the line.” “Sweet, thanks Dae!” stuffing his hands into his pockets, he saunters over to the table picking up a plate and filling it with crackers and various fruits. As he makes his way to an empty booth, Chanyeol scans the crowd for any familiar faces. He spots Jongin with a familiar light-haired male on the outskirts of the dancing mass as well as the prominent fashion designer, SUHO, speaking with Z.Tao. Near the bar, he sees Jongdae chatting up a gorgeous lady with his trademark grin and sparkling eyes. The heavy bass line hums through his body as the beat causes his plate to shift ever so slightly. Popping a grape into his mouth, he makes a note to take some ibuprofen once he gets home. “Can I offer you a drink?” a low voice asks. Jongin slides into the seat across from him holding a plastic cup of clear liquid with some ice. “You seem a little- you want to dance?” “I’m fine, but thank you for the offer,” he smiles before popping another grape into his mouth; he’s uncomfortable. “Why aren’t you out in there? You’re usually the first one to bust a move after a few,” the latter laughs taking a sip from the cup he offered earlier. “I have an important job tomorrow, so I’d rather not get too trashed tonight.” “Fair enough,” he drinks a little more. “Why bother showing up if you’re not going to party with the rest of us?” “I just wanted to come is all,” Chanyeol responds. Jongin sighs for a moment before glancing at the latter’s face. He furrows his brows for a moment before staring straight into Chanyeol’s eyes. He understands. “Well, I’ll leave you to it then,” he slides out of the seat and heads back to the dance floor. Chanyeol watches his form disappear into the sea of people. He pushes his plate away and holds his head in his hands. Eventually the crowd thins out and he continues to skim for someone. Just as he leaves the booth to say his goodbyes, he hears an angelic voice and smiles. They lock eyes and Chanyeol’s heart swells.
PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE CITY COME TO WATCH THE HIGH SCHOOL’S MUSICAL STARRING BAEKHYUN BYUN
Chanyeol sits in a cushy seat watching the slideshow on the stage; pictures of actors messing around backstage and having fun together. The auditorium is buzzing with excitement as he quietly taps his foot on the concrete. A few moments later, the lights signal a five minute warning before the show starts and he sits up straighter.
The director appears wearing a white button-up and black slacks. Applause erupts and a few whoops are heard, Chanyeol feels compelled to cheer the man on as well. The latter grins and gestures for the audience to settle down. “Welcome to our annual school musical...” he powers his phone down and listens to the man intently. Their wide eyes turn into crescents and a heart-shaped smile appears on his full lips. A tingle shoots up his spine. “-enjoy the show!” The male lead holds out the final note as the curtains fall. Chanyeol sits in the house transfixed once the lights are restored. He sits there flabbergasted and overly impressed by the production thus far. The room is loud with praise and applause as patrons leave their seats to head to the lobby for intermission. Chanyeol turns his phone back on eager to text his best friend, Jongdae. 21:23 Dude, the musical is so good what the 21:23 Seriously? I didn’t expect you to enjoy something like that 21:24 You gotta see it for yourself. The lead is freaking insane 21:24 Who’s the lead? That choir kid...right? 21:24 I think so…? I’ll have to check the program thing again but holy 21:25 Well have fun lol im gonna finish my game Chanyeol pockets his phone and stretches a bit before re-reading the pamphlet over and over again till the lights flicker signalling the beginning of the second-half. “Hey!” Chanyeol calls out as a short male in an ill-fitting suit with copious amounts of blush passes by. “Excuse me!” They turn around and lock eyes with Chanyeol. “Are you talking to me?” “Yes,” he weaves through the crowd with a smile on his face and a rose in hand. “This is for you.” A wide, rectangular grin graces the latter’s face. “Oh, thank you so much!” “You were fantastic by the way! I really enjoyed your performance and your voice is amazing,” Chanyeol gushes as his cheeks turn bright pink while the latter’s eyes sparkle joy. “I’m so glad you did! I’m Baekhyun by the way! You are?” “Chanyeol.” “Baek!” a voice calls from the sea of people. “Well, I think that’s my cue to leave,” he laughs sheepishly. “I’ll see you around Chanyeol!” “Yeah, seeya,” he grins as the latter flutters off into the crowd. Chanyeol nervously heads into the ominous tall building with his briefcase and a flash drive hung around his neck. His navy blue trench coat hugging his frame as the wind rustles his curly, chocolate brown hair. “You have everything, Chanyeol, you’ll be fine.” He reaches the front desk and as he opens his mouth the lady hands him a lanyard with a smile. “The conference room is down the hall to your right.” “Uh, thank you,” he bows his head before slipping on the badge with his name on it. Heading down the hall, his hands clam up. “You got this Chanyeol. It’s no biggie. It’s just a job you really want to pursue at a company you’ve always wanted to be apart of....” He stands in front of the door readjusting his grip on his briefcase and opens the door after hearing a gruff response. “Hello, I’m Chanyeol Park. I came here to-” “Hello, Mr. Park. My name is Kris Wu. Please, sit down.” “Uh, yes, okay,” he sets his folder down on the table and removes his jacket carefully folding it and draping it behind him; he plops down onto the chair and fidgets with his cuffs underneath the table. Kris eyes him cautiously before opening the laptop in front of him and typing a few things in. “So, let’s cut to the chase. You wish to be a photographer for my company?” “Yes, sir. I do,” he tries his best to control tremor in his voice. He grabs his pant leg to keep him from shaking his foot. “What makes you think that you’re good enough to be considered?” he types away as Chanyeol formulates his response. “Well, to be honest, I don’t think I’m that great at photography,” the latter sighs. “I just really enjoy capturing a feeling and translating that to an audience. I’m not that technical with a camera, but I do know how to work with what I have.” “Interesting. Do you have your portfolio with you?” “Uhm, yes here,” he stands up while opening the briefcase and he traipses to Kris with the folder that will make or break his dreams. “I also have a flash drive with me, if you wish to view some more of my work.” “You can leave that right here,” he nods as he gently opens the portfolio. Chanyeol’s heart races as he turns back to sit down.
a few months later
Chanyeol.” “What's cookin’ good lookin’?” A grunt. “Don’t push me right now, punk. I have an important job for you.” He laughs. “Fine, fine what is it?” “Well, we’re set to debut a rookie this summer and I want you to photograph him for the teasers. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to shoot him for the album as well.” “Seriously?! That’s amazing!” he crosses the street as he eyes the bakery a block away. As if on cue, his stomach growls. “We will talk more about it later, but essentially you got a job, Park. I’ll be in my office around eleven. Don’t be late or else I’ll give the shoot to someone more qualified.” “Thank you so much! You don’t know how much this means to me. I won’t let you dow-” A resolute beep is heard while Chanyeol jumps for joy forgetting all about breakfast.
SINGER BAEKHYUN TO STAR IN THE MOST ANTICIPATED DRAMA OF THE YEAR
“What do you want to eat for breakfast?” Baekhyun calls from the kitchen as he cracks an egg into a heated pan with a dash of oil. “I’ll just have an apple,” Chanyeol mumbles as he picks a few photos out and attaches them to an email. “Make sure you pick good ones. I don’t want a repeat of last week ,” Baekhyun tosses him the red fruit with spite. “My fan base wouldn’t stop making those bizarre edits.” “Ow!” he rubs his forehead. “Sometimes, you just gotta spice it up every now and then. Here, I’ll let you look at them before I send them over.” The latter rushes to the living room to pluck the laptop from Chanyeol’s hands. “Woah, these are really nice.” “Uh, when are they not?” Baekhyun smacks him. His fingers glide across the touchpad, and he double clicks on a particular picture. Baekhyun rests his chin against folded arms on top of the windowsill. He seems to be deep in thought as he peers out the window. “It’s a little moody, don’t you think?” “A little,” he responds in between bites. “But I think it looks really nice.” “I agree,” he clicks ‘send’ and closes the laptop. Chanyeol stretches his limbs out on the coffee table and yawns. “Ready for another day in the bidness?” “Nope,” he laughs rushing back to the kitchen to make sure he didn’t burn his breakfast. Chanyeol flops into a chair across from Baekhyun while taking a few photos of the scene around him. Everyone is scrambling for props, food, and filming equipment while the collected actor sits reading over his script. He gets his hair and makeup touched up while he continues to memorize his lines for the upcoming scene. “How you holdin’ up?” “Okay, I guess...” he mumbles his eyes scanning and re-scanning the page. “Just a little nervous is all.” “You’ll do great,” Chanyeol gives him a thumbs up. Baekhyun laughs and looks up to the photographer. “I just want to show everyone I’m more than my voice.” “Baek-” “Mr. Byun, they need you on the set in five,” a runner calls, and he leaves. Chanyeol frowns as he follows the pair.
FANS ANTICIPATE THE RELEASE OF BAEKHYUN’S DEBUT SINGLE
Chanyeol plays with the settings on his camera as soft, house music plays in the background. Baekhyun sits across from him vocalizing a few notes and scribbling in his journal. Click. “Having fun over there?” Baekhyun smiles. “Definitely.” He drops the camera to look at the latter as they stare at a guitar sitting in the corner with a fine layer of dust. Baekhyun looks back and forth with a confused look before returning to his notepad with a shrug. Chanyeol hides a smile before taking another photo of the writer’s expression. Light filters through cream curtains while the AC noisily filters cool air to their lungs. “What’s this for?” Baekhyun looks up. “They’re poems, but they could be lyrics, I guess...” Click. “Don’t you have writers for that kind of thing?” He laughs. “Yes, but the stuff I write is me rather than someone imitating me. What about you? Why do you take photos?” “Hmm, I guess I just like saving memories, and I get paid to take photos of you for the fansite.” Baekhyun scrunches his face in disgust before crumpling a piece of scratch paper and throwing it at the latter. “Cheesy and creepy.”
BAEKHYUN RECEIVES ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD
As Baekhyun gets ready, Chanyeol hums along to the music shuffling through a playlist of the artist’s favorite songs. A hairstylist carefully fluffs his hair and cements her work with half a can of hairspray before working on another section. His skin looks flawless as the make-up artist carefully dusts setting powder over their handywork. “Are you nervous?” he asks while snapping a quick photo of Baekhyun. “My heart is racing,” he responds breathlessly as the air clears of the heavy fumes from the hair products. “Do you think I have a shot at any awards?” “Definitely.” “You’re not just saying that to make me feel better are you?” “Nope,” he pops the ‘p.’ “Check out the voting sites, Baekhyun, the percentages were insane.” “Somehow I don’t believe you,” he mumbles, while closing his eyes for the artist to paint his lids a deep burgundy. “Will you sit out there with me?” Chanyeol lets his camera hang on his neck and looks at the other still getting ready. “You know I’m supposed to be taking photos of all the BLACKLIGHT artists attending, right? Kris will kill me if he sees me sitting with you instead. And is that even allowed?” Baekhyun folds his arms. “Can’t you just get Jongdae to do everyone else? You can photograph me tonight.” “That sounds awful-” a smack. “I was kidding! I’ll see what I can do.” “God, it’s so loud,” he grimaces before taking a quick photo of Baekhyun as the latter watches the stage in awe. “Well, naturally it is,” Baekhyun laughs as the cameraman turns to him and he waves receiving loud screams in return. “It’s an award show.” “I wish I was with Jongdae,” Chanyeol grumbles before turning his attention to the flashy stage and bright colors. As the group leaves the stage, two microphones are set up in the middle while a couple moves toward the center to present the next award; underneath the table, Chanyeol feels something clutch his left hand. “Uh...?” Baekhyun stares at the couple as they carry a thick silver envelope with a plastic smile on their flawless faces. “Welcome to the stage Taeyeon and Z.Tao as they present the Rookie of the Year award!” “Hello everyone, I am Taeyeon!” “And I am Z.Tao! We are proud to present the award that celebrates the beginning of a wonderful career.” “Everyone has done an amazing job this year and each and every one of you deserves this award, but thanks to the fans, we were able to determine the winner of this awesome award.” Baekhyun’s mouth is ajar and Chanyeol can barely feel his hand as the couple takes their sweet time to open the award. “...and the winner is...” Chanyeol removes his bow tie and s the top of his shirt as he plops down onto his futon. Turning his camera on, the battery icon flashes red and he sighs. Reviewing the photos he took throughout the night, he grins in the soft light. First, Baekhyun is walking off the stage with eyes like crescent moons and his signature rectangle smile that Chanyeol has come to enjoy. Second, Baekhyun is on stage holding his award proudly as he thanks everyone for the award. Before his camera shut down, he was able to see the genuine shock and happiness in Baekhyun’s face. Butterflies flutter in his stomach as he gets up to charge his camera.
  • [+4] They are so cute together ♥ ♥ I want to see couple selcas!!!
  • [+1] Baekhyun is too untalented to be with a goddess
  • [-3] Ugh they don’t look good together I hope they break up soon
  • [0] We should all be happy for them since they are together! I do not support, but I don’t think they should be getting hate
  • [0] BLACKLIGHT Ent. is just using this as a cover up for ChanBaek relationship!!! We all know Baekhyun loves Chanyeol!!
  • [+2] Why not someone else TT like me? TT
  • [+5] Baekhyun doesn't deserve her.
Chanyeol looks up from his phone as Baekhyun eats some cereal while a laugh track plays in the background. The TV flashes different colors. “Are you...okay?” “I guess,” he says between mouthfuls. His eyes betray him. “I’m sor-” “There’s nothing to apologize for. I’m in a relationship and my fans are just unhappy. I guess Taeyeon’s fans are also unhappy as well,” Baekhyun lets out chuckle, but it seems sad. Getting up from his seat, he heads to the sink with his now empty bowl. “I’m fine, really, Chanyeol. It’ll blow over in a few weeks. It always does.” “But-” he turns to look at the latter who now traipses across the living room to the TV. “I’m serious. Some new couple shows up in the media, or someone was caught smoking or drinking, or whatever else happens,” he turns it off with a press of a button. “There’s always something for the public to latch onto and my relationship will be forgotten,” he walks into the bedroom and shuts it. Chanyeol can hear him stifling his cries in his bed. Something sinks in his stomach. A year passes with two singles, six radio shows, ten different guest appearances, one musical, and thousands of photos. Chanyeol realizes he looks forward to his mornings with terrible jokes and rectangular smiles. On this particular day, Baekhyun sits in a cushy chair in front of a mirror getting his makeup and hair done as he laughs about something while talking with his stylist. Eventually, he’s dressed and ready for another show. He sends a bright smile in Chanyeol’s direction before he’s out the door.
a few weeks pass
BLACKLIGHT Entertainment is having their annual family concert and Baekhyun walks through a sea of people wearing a pair of sunglasses and a small smile. The crowd screams his name while security tells him where to go and to stay close. “You never expected this, huh?” Baekhyun playfully pushes him forward. “Well, I didn’t expect to be this popular at least.” “Careful! And follow the guards or you’re going to get lost.” “How could I get lost when you’re a fuc-freaking stop sign,” he deadpans and gestures to Chanyeol’s obscenely red jacket paired with an equally red cap. The taller throws an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders. “You’re one to talk with that firetruck red you got going on there,” he ruffles Baekhyun’s hair. He throws an arm around the shorter’s shoulders. “There you won’t get lost now,” he laughs as they make their way to the gate. Pulling his camera out, Chanyeol snaps a few photos of the airport before he looks up from his viewfinder to Baekhyun smiling at him. “You’re in an awfully good mood.” “I’m excited is all,” he sits next to the photographer and takes the camera from his hands. “I’ve dreamed of attending this concert when I was in highschool and now...I’m performing in it!” Baekhyun points the camera toward the ceiling and takes a photo of the towering arches and pitch black windows. He yawns before redirecting the lens to Chanyeol and captures his worried, dopey expression. “Tired?” He pulls the camera away from the photographer’s reach. “A little.” “You can rest on my shoulder if you’re tired. Our flight won’t be here for another thirty minutes,” click. Baekhyun yawns as he hands over the camera. “I’ll be fine,” he mumbles. Chanyeol lugs their luggage along as Baekhyun trails behind sluggishly; he runs a hand through his frazzled hair before putting his cap on. “Baek, you gotta wake up, or at least carry your own luggage.” “I’m too tired,” he mumbles rubbing his eyes and stumbling a little; he earns some coos as the flashes become blinding. “Can’t we just sleep here?” “And have you get mobbed? I think not,” Chanyeol huffs and readjusts his grip. “Come on, just a little further and a car ride and then you can really fall asleep at the hotel.” The latter groans in annoyance, but continues to follow closely behind. “I'm not going to be able to fall asleep once we get there and you know it.” “Then stay awake right now, dummy,” he lightly shoves Baekhyun toward the double doors. “Chanyeol?” he hears a meek voice wake him from his slumber. The room is pitch black except for the light that filters in through the window. Footsteps pad over quietly and eventually the bed sinks to his right. “Can I sleep here tonight...?” “Wha- Baekhyun? It's close to...two in the morning, go back to bed...” “I had a bad dream...” the covers shift a little, and Chanyeol feels a warmth latch onto him. “Do you...want to talk...” he mumbles as he flips over and rests an arm around the latter’s waist trying to keep awake. Baekhyun laughs softly. “It was about the concert...nothing too bad.” “I’ll protect you from any weird fans, Baekhyun,” he snuggles into Chanyeol’s chest before he fell asleep to the soft thumps of the latter’s beating heart. A few hours later, Chanyeol awakes with a yawn. To his right, a soft snore gains his attention. Baekhyun seems to fit perfectly in his arms, and his cheeks turn a shade of tomato after he lifts a hand to brush equally red hair out of the latter’s face. Chanyeol’s hand lightly grazes soft skin and Baekhyun scrunches his face before going slack; he releases a breath he didn't know he was holding. His heart beats a few ticks too fast while he familiarizes himself with the slopes and dips of his best friend’s serene face.
ROOKIE BAEKHYUN CONFIRMED TO BE DATING IDOL STAR TAEYEON
Chanyeol finds himself sluggish and blase as he lounges around his apartment. He coughs as he turns the TV on to support his friend. For some reason, his heart sinks when he sees crescent eyes and touching hands. Regardless, he has a mild coughing fit before getting a bowl of soup from the beeping microwave. “So, when did this all start?” “Well, I’ve always had a little crush on her...” he can hear Baekhyun’s blushing cheeks. The MC laughs and so does Taeyeon. “He’s always been the sweetest trainee and he definitely stole my heart with his smile,” Chanyeol returns with his soup and watches Taeyeon lean into Baekhyun with a giggle. Baekhyun’s eyes are so happy; he’s glowing. Another coughing fit and he aches all over. Baekhyun sits across from Kris as his assistant takes notes on a yellow pad. “Where do you see your career heading?” “As of right now, I believe it’s only going to get more chaotic from here...? I’m not quite sure what you’re asking...” “Any interests? Acting, modeling, TV, film, ecetera?” “Well, I’d like to do some musical theatre...go back to where it all started. Maybe dabble in some TV drama and movies,” he watches Kris with weary eyes. His heart races and he’s not sure why. “As of right now, you’re popular don’t get me wrong, but I think if you did this one thing you’ll gain even more attention which will get you more opportunities in this business.” Baekhyun’s mind races through the possibilities and his heart sinks. I just wanted to perform for people not be some gimmick. “Uhm...what is it?” “I want you to be in a relationship with Taeyeon. I don’t give a damn if you fall for her or not, I just need you two to be public. I’ve already spoken to her about this arrangement and she said she’s down as long as you are okay with it. Think about it, break out rookie in a relationship with a top star,” Kris leans back into his chair. “I know a majority of your fans want you to be with Chanyeol, but a relationship like that is a little too risky for someone as green as you. If you’re with Taeyeon, the fans will eat. It. Up.” “Really...?” there’s a glint in Kris’s eyes. “Sure, but your career is riding on this, Baekhyun. It will help you gather more press which will help you to reach more people with your craft.” Kris knows exactly what to say and Baekhyun falls for it. Chanyeol sits far away from the recording stage as he attempts to stifle his cough. Today, Baekhyun has a radio show and a shoot with Chanyeol for his upcoming album in the evening. He coughs a little more and reaches for his water bottle to find it empty. A styrofoam cup is shoved in his face. “Here.” “Uh...thanks,” he mumbles taking the cup and looking at the contents. “Orange juice?” “I heard it helps with sickness,” the latter chuckles before gracefully sitting down next to Chanyeol. “I’m Jongin.” “Chanyeol,” he smiles and takes a sip of the orange juice. “Aren’t you the one that runs the official fan page?” Jongin laughs and it makes Chanyeol’s cheeks warm-up. “I mean you take a lot of photos of Baekhyun.” “Pretty much,” he looks down. “Well, my manager told me I had to be here early, but I guess I was a little too early...” Jongin scratches the back of his head sheepishly. “So, uh, is this all you do?” “Erm, yeah... I should be over there actually,” Chanyeol gestures to the huddle of people. “But, since I’ve been feeling really sick, I decided to sit over here,” he falls into a fit of stifled coughs. “Oh my,” Jongin helps Chanyeol up and leads him out of the room to the hallway. “Where do you wander off to at night?” Baekhyun asks as he stirs his bowl of cereal. “Huh?” Chanyeol turns the volume down on the TV and watches the smaller. “Sorry what did you say?” Baekhyun shakes his head. “I was just thinking out loud, it's nothing.” “O-kay,” he laughs as if nothing is wrong. His phone pings and Chanyeol’s eyes sparkle. Baekhyun looks at his phone to find unread messages from Taeyeon. Baekhyun spends more and more time in Chanyeol’s apartment as the year progresses. Finding comfort in oversized hoodies and too wide smiles, he forgets his meetings with Kris and how draining his job has become. “Want to go out for some ramen?” Chanyeol asks as he sorts through the various folders on his computer; the TV is on for some white noise. Occasionally, they would glance at the drama before going back to work. “What kind?” Baekhyun mumbles writing down some notes on his script. “Uh, the convenience store kind? Is there any other?” Chanyeol looks away from his laptop to grin at the latter who rolls his eyes. “Sure. Lemme just finish writing this down and I’ll get dressed,” he responds as the pencil scratches against paper. “, I forgot how great this stuff is,” Baekhyun groans patting his belly contentedly. “Same,” Chanyeol laughs slinging an arm around the shorter. “I missed hanging out with you-” “Are you Baekhyun?” a timid voice asks. Baekhyun pokes Chanyeol in the side to release himself. Pulling the mask off, he smiles serenely. “In the flesh! What’s your name?” “Y-yoojin...Can I get a p-picture?” in the street lights, the two of them can see her apple red cheeks. “Sure thing,” he gently takes the smartphone from her hands and gives it to Chanyeol. “You know my good angles, right Yeol?” “Of course,” he laughs. “Okay 3-2-1!” “There you go,” he hands the phone back. “It was so nice to meet you, Yoojin-ah!” “Th-thank you so m-much,” she beams before running in embarrassment. “That was cute,” Chanyeol mumbles. “Oh definitely-” “Ohmygod! It’s Baekhyun and Chanyeol!” they look up to see a surprised group of girls. “Can we take a picture-” “Please sign my phone case-” “Ah, you both are so handsome in real life! Ohmygod!!!” they squeal in excitement. “Sure thing,” he smiles and before he knows it, he’s doing a small meet-n-greet on the street corner with Chanyeol as his trusty photographer. Chanyeol wishes he had his camera on him as the idol sends sweet smiles and laughs with his fans.
MODEL KAI CONFIRMED TO BE DATING FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER CHANYEOL
Baekhyun’s heart stops.
  • [+10 -1] does this mean that Chanyeol won’t be posting photos of our prince anymore? TT
  • [+1 -2] I can’t wait to see couple pics!!
  • [0] Chanyeol’s jealous of BaekYeon! He’s only dating Kai to get back at Baekhyun!!!
  • [+5 -4] Chanyeol is so lucky to know both Baekhyun and Kai TT i wish i were close with them
  • [+4] CHANBAEK ONLY
  • [+6] FAKE FAKE FAKE
Baekhyun tosses his phone onto Chanyeol’s bed and falls onto the cushy mattress. His heart is racing and he can feel the tears welling up in his eyes. “Byun, Baekhyun...why do you feel like this?” “Hey, Baek?” “Mmm?” he responds while brushing his teeth. Sunlight bounces off of the icy blue walls of the bathroom as Chanyeol’s footsteps thump against the wooden floor. “Wha-izzit?” “I got a gig to take some photos of Jongin, so I’ll be out today.” Baekhyun stops listening and stares at his sallow reflection in the mirror. The foamy toothpaste drips out of the corners of his mouth while dark circles hang underneath his eyes like the clothes he stole from Chanyeol’s closet. “I’ll be back in a few hours, okay? Baek, were you listening?” “Huh?” he spits out the mouthful of minty foam and looks to Chanyeol with a small smile. “You have a photoshoot with Jongin.” “Yup! Do you want me to get you anything?” “Uh, no. Thanks for the offer though,” he smiles to his reflection before watching Chanyeol leave. “Baekhyun!” Taeyeon calls from behind as she jogs up to him with a smile on her face. A few photographers shift their lenses from Baekhyun to the latter about to crash into him with a hug. He laughs and opens his arms wide allowing her to fall into his embrace. Baekhyun rests his chin on top of her hair and grins widely. “Taeyeon-ah, how are you?” “I feel better now that you’re here,” she giggles and the producers try not to laugh. “You excited for the day?” “Definitely,” he releases her so she can get ready for their day of filming. Baekhyun finds himself dropping his guard to look for a familiar figure with unruly, chocolate brown hair. “How are you feeling, Baek? You seem tired,” Taeyeon asks while she takes a sip of her tea. They sit on a ledge of the rooftop looking out at the city. In moments like these, they forget their stardom and breathe in the fresh, chilly air. “I’m fine,” he smiles to keep her from worrying. “You seemed a little out of it as well today.” “It’s nothing,” she sets her drink down on the concrete wall while kicking her legs mindlessly. “A little stress is all and there’s a cute boy who won’t stop messaging me at night...” Baekhyun looks up to the sky before laughing. “That’s a good one. You should use that in your next broadcast.” She scoots closer to him and threads her fingers through his. Squeezing his hand, Taeyeon lays her head onto his shoulder. “If you like it that much, I will.” Baekhyun rests his chin on top of her hair and sighs deeply. “Taeyeon?” “Hmm?” “I think I love you,” the words don't seem sincere. Taeyeon looks at Baekhyun with stars in her eyes. “I love you, too.” “Where were you? You weren’t answering my calls or texts!” Chanyeol huffs as Baekhyun walks into the latter’s hotel room. “I was on the roof with Taeyeon. What am I not allowed to spend time with my girlfriend?” he retorts plopping down onto the futon reaching for the remote. The taller snatches it before he could turn the TV on. “You can’t just go off and not tell people where you are! I was worried sick!!” “Well, now you know how I feel when you get home late,” Baekhyun snaps. He glares at Chanyeol before standing up and heading for the door. “Why don’t you just go and hang out with Jongin. I’m sure he’ll love the free press.” “Don’t you dare bring Jongin into this,” he growls and turns Baekhyun around. “Why are you so angry all of a sudden? What’s gotten into you?!” “Why do you care all of a sudden?!” “What are you talking about?! I’ve always cared!” “Well, it sure as hell doesn’t feel like it.” “Baekhyun, Jongin is my boyfriend. Naturally, I’d want to hang out with him. You can’t just expect me to wait around for you while you’re out with Taeyeon! I have my own life too, y’know! I’m not just some toy you can mess around with.” “I could say the same to you,” Baekhyun storms out while slamming the door behind him. Chanyeol trails after Baekhyun as they walk backstage with a crowd of stylists, managers, and interns. He snaps the occasional photo of the different artists while attempting to keep up with the shorter. “Baekhyu-” “What. You want to yell at me again?” Baekhyun drops his smile once the final stylist left. He frowns into the mirror. “I’d appreciate it if you did that later, so I don’t ruin my make up.” “I just...I wanted to say sorry. You’re a grown man and you should be able to do whatever it is you want. It’s just...you...you are very special to me and I just don’t want anything bad happening to you. I really care about you. I didn’t mean to snap at you, I just. I was really worried. I hope you can forgive me,” Chanyeol mumbles before leaving the room. Baekhyun hides his face in his hands.
BAEKHYUN AND TAEYEON SPOTTED ON A LUNCH DATE
TODAY at two o'clock, It-Couple Baekhyun and Taeyeon were spotted at a cafe having lunch. Fans took multiple photos of the pair as they were on their date. In the photos below, the two are seen walking toward the cafe arm-in-arm and laughing at a table.
EARLIER that week, BLACKLIGHT Entertainment held the final leg of their family concert this month which started and ended on a “sour” note. Throughout, Baekhyun seemed upset and distracted, while Taeyeon was waving and smiling to the fans.
IN other news, Taeyeon will be making a comeback later this month.
“Baekhyun...?” there’s a soft rap on his door. “I brought some of your favorite pastries...Baekhyun?” He sits up from the couch and looks toward the door. Yawning, he stands up to let the other in. “What? It’s my day off Tae- oh, Chanyeol...what are you doing here-” Chanyeol holds up his phone with the article. “I...I’m sorry.” “I know you are. You’ve told me a billion times,” he responds simply going back to the couch. “You can just leave those on the counter if you want. Thank you.” There’s a rustle of plastic. “Actually, I wanted to hang out if that’s okay?” “You’re not going to ditch me for a shoot are you?” his voice is wary. “No.” “Are you bringing your camera?” “No,” Baekhyun smiles. “Okay.” Laying in the comfort of Baekhyun’s soft mattress, he grins. “What are you so happy about?” “I missed you,” Baekhyun uses a pillow to cover his face even though the darkness in the room hides his blush. “I miss having you around.” “Baek, I’m always here-” “Yeah yeah yeah-I’m only a text away. I’m your neighbor-blah blah blah,” Baekhyun grumbles. “I just missed you a lot.” Chanyeol laughs to himself and smacks the latter. “I’ll try to make more time with you, okay brat? I’ve been swamped with SUHO’s new fall line, Jongin’s cover for that one magazine, and God knows what else I’m missing.” The latter lifts his head and scowls. “Did you just hit me?” “Aw, the little pup is angry!” he taunts. “Take that back, Park,” Baekhyun seethes before the taller grabs a pillow and hits him with it. “Chanyeol?” Baekhyun rests his head on top of the latter’s lanky arm as he pulls the covers up to his chin. He appreciates the warmth that envelops his body. “Can I ask you a question?” “Hmm? Yeah, shoot,” Chanyeol yawns in response; his voice is laced with lethargy. “What do you want to ask?” Silence falls the room for a moment as he formulates his question wondering how to phrase it without giving away too much. His heartbeat quickens and the taller shifts to his side while maintaining the headrest. Chanyeol watches Baekhyun’s eyebrows furrow in concentration and how his nose scrunches when the latter scraps his ideas for his question. He notices a small blemish above the latter’s upper lip as his tongue leaves a muted sheen across a plush, pink canvas. Even in the dim lighting, Chanyeol can see the glow in Baekhyun’s skin. All of a sudden, he’s not tired anymore. His once calm heart rate matches with Baekhyun’s and he closes his eyes to quiet the seemingly noisy thumps. A soft sigh escapes the latter and Chanyeol opens his eyes to dark, curious ones. “When did you know you know that you liked-” Chanyeol presses their lips together. His lips are soft and a little wet. Despite his racing heart and screaming mind, Chanyeol wraps an arm Baekhyun and pulls him closer keeping their lips locked. Baekhyun kisses back fervently flipping them over so he straddles Chanyeol’s torso as he tangles his fingers in soft, curly hair. When the situation dawns on the both of them, they pull away. “Baekhyun, I-”
“Chanyeol, I-"