GIFT

The Luckiest

He held her hand under the blanket she brought to cover her body while travelling with the minibus. The shaken bus when it was driven, shook Yejin head and fell to his shoulder. Luckily, the bus lamps were turned off and no one saw them. He smiled lightly seeing her face in close.

The staff, manager and director of The Negotiation were all sleeping on their way to Busan, they had finished that day interview and they should go to another place to promote their movie, before it was launched. Everyone were sleeping but not for Hyunbin, he couldn’t get sleep with the woman beside him who was tickling his heart making him even hard to sleep. His heart beat fast, he scared that someone would see them in this situation.

Suddenly, the bus sudden shaking woke her up. She lifted up her head and seeing his face while blinking her eyes.

“Just sleep..” he whispered in low tone not making any sound that would wake his or her manager up who were sitting beside them. She nodded and laid her head on his chest again while he tapped her head lightly.

They arrived at the homestay the crew prepared for them at dawn. The crew were going out and reached for their room. Their managers were in one room, on the other side, Hyunbin and Yejin got one room each.

Yejin collapsed on the bed right after she got the key. The sleepy Yejin didn’t know someone had followed her on her room, when suddenly she got dragged softly on the washroom. She opened her eyes and looking for someone, who pushed her from behind.

“Bin-nie?”

“Wash your face first before you sleep....shmmmmpp!”he mumbled. She obediently washed her face and brushed her teeth while he was doing the same with her.

“Sleep here, please!” she hugged her after finishing her clean up thing. He still got the brush on his mouth.

“Aniyoww...uwwri mwanager would scold us by tomorrow..” he mumbled then gargled the water and finished his thing. He dapped his mouth with towel and faced her. “Our sleepy princess, good night..” he rubbed her hair and tried to leave when suddenly, he felt something heavy crashed on his foot.

“Yaa..you are really no jam !” she left the washroom and dragged him out, to leave her room and banged the door hard. He tilted his head aside thinking what was wrong he had done, but he made it cool and went to his room to get some rest.

 

**************(((((())))))))*****************

 

The brunch were served by the homestay and the crew were queueing to get some food. Meanwhile, Hyunbin and Yejin prepared themselves first before their next destination for interview. They styled themselves on Yejin's bedroom and the stylists were grooming they up. They did groom in one room because their stylists shared the makeup things.

He was all ready waiting for her who was still being brushed with makeup. His stylist, who had done styling him, went to get brunch first. Yejin’s stylist finished brushing on her lips with natural cherry lips colour made her even younger than her ages. Everytime the brush touched her face, he gulped his throat seeing on Yejin, when suddenly the stylist phone rang.

“Yeoboseyo..” she answered to the phone. “I will go there, they are all ready!” she answered after listening the one who called her. “I am going to get brunch first, Yejin-ssi!” she said after hung up the phone.

“OHh. Okay..!” Yejin checked her appearance on the mirror she brought.

“Do you want something to eat?” Yejin’s stylist asked her realizing that Yejin still didn’t get her brunch.

“Sandwich and orange juice will be okay?” she smiled at her.

“Me too,, Sandwich.” Hyunbin’s voice appeared in sudden.

“Don’t you want to get another meal outside other than snack Hyunbin-ssi?” she asked in confusion.

“Aniya...Hoaaaammm.” he faked a yawn to make it real. “I am sleepy and I would get a light sleep just a minute here.”

“Oh.. Okay,, Bin-ssi.” The stylist left them alone still feel weird. 

Yejin was busy looking at her appearance in the mirror and prepared her cosmetics that would be put on her small couch for travelling. She checked her appearance again to the larger mirror when suddenly he hugged her from behind.

“You look beautiful today..” he whispered from behind.

“Yah Kim Tae Pyung. Don’t do something here, or else I won’t...” he turned her facing on him and kissed her lips before she had a time to scold him.

“Just a minute..” he smiled goofily after breaking their kiss.

“Yah. My lipsti...ehm” she got her lips captured again by him in no time. She felt his smile when they were kissing. The kiss went longer when suddenly she realized that she should fixed her makeup before her stylist coming to the room. “Yah..Kim Taepyung.” She pushed him and looking for the mirror once again. “Yaaaah..” she shouted at him, looking at her ruined lipstick.

“Why?” he chuckled.

“Just wait and see.” She put a wet tissue and cleaned up her lips thoroughly.

“I am waiting..”he took a sit on the sofa when he heard a person steps were coming.

Yejin’s stylist and his stylist were coming and brought sandwìches for four and beverages. He closed his eyes and faked his sleep. He held his laugh, seeing Yejin busy fixing her lips.

“Ohh Eonni..” Yejin’s shocked voice tickled him.

“Why Yejin-ssi? Don’t you like the color?” her stylist asked her after seeing her lips was getting cleaned up. She put the sandwiches on the table.

“Why are you so quick eonni?”

“Most of meals are running out, just sandwiches are left. I brought this so we can clean up the makeup things before we got to go.” She said. “Why cleaned up the lipstick? You don’t like the color?” she then asked calmly, and approached her makeup bag to find another lipstick for Yejin.

“Eeh... I want another color. Can we get this color, eonni?” Yejin took a lipstick that applied to her before.

“Ehmm. I put on the same lipstick before..Don’t you want another color?” she tilted her head questioning her act.

“ohh really..??? It’s okay I will take this color..” she overexpressed her expression and made her tone higher. it made her stylist frowning.”I think this color suit me....uhmm I changed my mind. “she let out an awkward smile to her stylist that made Hyunbin wanted to burst his laugh.

“Ohh okay.” Her stylist didn’t ask her any longer.

 

********(((())))*********

 

The interview went smoothly fine except for Hyunbin’s eyes who couldn’t divert from looking at Yejin. Sometimes, he laughed at her actions. They answered every questions as normal as they can and did it like they had planned before. The lamps got dimmed shocked everyone on the aula. They took a glance left and right to find out their curiosity.

Hyunbin and Yejin took a glance on each other, but Yejin just smiled knowing the reason, while Hyunbin questioning her with frowning.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUU..” the crowd started singing and Yejin clapped her hands. Hyunbin let out a smile and blushed hardly.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYUNBIN-NIE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..” the crowded finished their song. The staffs brought a cake with candles on it, approaching him. He couldn’t hide his expression until he shed some tears on his eyes.

The MC took a lead and asked Hyunbin first about the surprise.

“Before Hyunbin-ssi blow out the candles, Can we get some speech from him?” the MC handed the microphone on him.  The people clapped their hands and screamed 'congratulation', 'wish you all the best', and 'stay healthy' words. Hyunbin grabbed the microphone with a smile on his face. He couldn’t hide his gratitude feelings toward his fans, staff and especially Yejin who were always standing beside him.

“Ohhh. First, I wanted to thank all the fans who did this surprise. I am so surprised for this moment. Uhh.. also...thanks for the staffs who willingly prepare for this too...and uhhh..” he let out a small giggle and faced Yejin which made her blinking in nervousness. “For someone I leaned on these times. Thanks for your appearance these times and giving me support to be proud of myself first. And I hope our movie will have the best result and THANK YOU ALL..” he shouted the last words while bowing.

Yejin approached him with cake and covered the candles, so that it could not be turned off. He blew the candles and big applauses voice echoed the room.

“CHUKKAE~~~” Yejin said with a broad smile and her eyes curved into crescent moon.

 

***(())***

 

On the bus after the interview.

They waved their hand to the crowded which surrounding the bus. The bus drove slowly to split the crowd. Yejin put on the cake the fans had given to Hyunbin to the box in front of them. They sat side by side as usual they did. Hyunbin took a seat near the passenger’s way while Yejin took a seat near the window. The reason was because Hyunbin wanted to protect her.

“Oppa.. can you take a picture of us?” she asked the director who sat in front of him.

“Ohh ..keure..keure..” he took Yejin handphone and directed the phone to them. “Ohh Yejin-ssi is it right? Why does it show some filter?” the director who confused asking her if it was true.

“Its okay oppa.. I set it as the filter.” She said innocently, on other hand Hyunbin glared at her.

“Yejin-ssi..” Hyunbin called her with a glare. The director slightly chuckled.

“Ssssssmmphhh....its okay, it wouldn’t kill you anyhow.” She showed her authority to him.

“Yaah..” they quarelled in front of the director who was still directing the handphone to them. Because of their quarrel, the director clicked on the video, so the moment Yejin gave the handphone had been recorded.

“Yah ...Neo...You should pay what you did this morning.” She whispered to his ear as low as she can that gave him some shiver’s sensation. “Come on...this is your birthday. Just once okay?” she whined as loud enough to be heard by director, she blinked and wrapped his arm with her smile.

“Keure,, arrasseo.” Hyunbin gave up by her action.

“Okay. Hana,,,dul,,, set..” the director signed them to get started.

“Saengil chukka hamnida...saengil chukka hamnida.. saranghaneun,..Hyunbin-ssi..Saengil chukkahamnida—wwoooo” she clapped her hands lika a toodler and sang enthusiastically. Surprisingly, Hyunbin did all her request without any burden.

“Yahh..dasi hae.....” the director asked them to do that again.

“Euhhhm..why? “ Hyunbin whinning again.

“It isn’t recorded..Mian.” he replied.

“HANA...DUL..SET” suddenly Yejin signed director to start the video again. “Saengil chukka hamnida...saengil chukka hamnida. saranghaneun,..Hyunbin-ssi..Saengil chukkahamnida—wwoooo” they did the video recording again with bigger smile. Hyunbin looked like he was used to the filter’s activities, Yejin had asked to him. It wasn’t his first time though.

“Here..” the director handed Yejin her phone and back to his seat.

“Thankyou director-nim.” She shouted at him.

“Ne..You’re welcome. Are you sick Yejin? You should eat some medicines, I think..” the director said tiredly while yawning.

“Why are you suddenly using formal words to him?” Hyunbin bickered at her, but she ignored all his words.

“So..cutee Hyunbin-ssi.” She ignored him, she saw the video that director had taken instead.

“Yejin-ssi...” he called her name to get her attention, but she just rewatching the video that they took a while ago.

“You look fine with this filter. You used to it already Bin-ssi..” she chuckled.

“You make me like this. How many times you had asked me to do that?” his mouth kept bickering and pouted.

“Hiyaah...Our director-nim have a good sense..Gomawo director-nim..!” she shouted and got director’s thumb up, because he took video more than once. Hyunbin smiled looking at her disbelief.

“Yejin-ssi??” he called her again. She put her phone on her bag and took a disposible fork in front of her.

“I want to eat your cake. Is it okay Bin-ssi?” she blinked her eyes on him to get his permission. He sighed happily and let her do what she want.

“ Keure..got some..” he chuckled when Yejin took a bit of cake.

“Euuhhhmm masitdaa..” she mumbled and continued eating the cake.

 

***(())***

 

The bus stopped at the restaurant, the crew had planned to go for dinner. One by one crew got off from the bus. The director who saw Hyunbin and Yejin were still sat on the seat asked them.

“ Aren’t you two getting off?”

“I am full of the cake. I think I would get a nausea when the food comes.” Yejin said rubbing her tummy which was fueled by cake.

“Director-nim.. you could go first. I will eat the remained cake instead.” He pointed at the remained cakes.

“Oh I am going..” The director left them on the bus alone.

Yejin hand’s was holding hyunbin’s hand tightly under the blanket she brought. Her head fell on his shoulder after convinced the situation that everyone had gone to the restaurant.

“Gomawo ...” Hyunbin broke the silence.

“Euuhhmm..” she nodded lightly.

“I love you..” he said almost whispering.

“What do you want for your birthday?” she tightened her grip on him.

“You..” he smiled silently

“It isn’t what I mean..” she babbled and hit his chest lightly.

“It is what I always want for..” he added. Yejin put away the hand and she faced him to give him an explanation.

“I mean gift..” his lips covered hers and left her dumbfounded.

“You are my gift.” He chuckled and sit properly on his seat. She glared at him for kissing her without permission while he still smiled goofily.

“Really, you don’t want a gift?” she asked him once again.

“Look like you really want to give me some..” he tilted his head lightly and faced her again.

“Euhhmm..” she nodded sincerely.

“If I ask you, you will give me for sure.” His eyes met her seriously.

“For sure.” She lift up her pinky finger to do a pinky promise. He giggled seeing her cuteness.

“Promise..” he locked his pinky finger with hers and kissed her deeply and intimately. She broke her lips to breathe while their forehead still intacted. “This is the gift I want..” he whispered. He covered her cheeks and kissed her gently. Yejin did the same and grabbed his neck to get closer to her.

“Ehm..” she lost her balance when he kept kissing her deeply. The sound of their kissing echoed on their ears. Fortunately, the staffs was out there. She ran her hand lower to his clothes, tried to ing each button. His hand grabbed her hand fast and brought it back to his neck. He knew that it would go further if he let her do that, that place was dangerous for them to do that, to deepened the kiss. The sound of their kiss really made them deaf.

“OMO..” a woman voice broke their kiss. Hyunbin looked at her red face and ruined lipstick on her lips that attract him deeply. Yejin diverted her gaze from Hyunbin’s eyes and her eyes met her stylist eyes. Automatically, she pushed him away and felt awkward.

“Eonni..” Yejin said as leting out an awkward smile.

Hyunbin looked to the one who saw them and tried to sit on his seat properly. She was her stylist in the morning. She stood up frozen beside him, looked like she want to get her seat on the back. He tried to look calm and looking far away in front of him.

“Should I change your lipstick to the kissproof one, Yejin-ssi?” The stylist didn’t know how to react at the moment, and the words automatically slipped on her tongue.Yejin remembered the accident in the morning when she cleaned up the lipstick because Hyunbin ruined it.

“Its fine Eonni.. I am okay..” Yejin answered shyly.

“I think I should buy one.... in case you.. “ she stopped her words looking at unreadable face of Hyunbin which had turned red since she came inside.

“ Ani..Eonni. Its fi..”

“Its okay Yejin-ssi I just come to take my wallet..I will go back so, please continue your..” she cut her words even before she finished her words. She ran to her seat and took the wallet as fast as she can and left them together avoiding the awkwardness.

Yejin pull up her blanket and covered herself fully, up to her face, right after the stylist get off from the bus. Her head fell on the window to not make some obvious moment about them again.

“Not my shoulder?” he .

“Wake me up when we reached Seoul.” She babbled while her voice redeemed by the blanket. He chuckled and gave her a kiss on her covered head.

 

*****(())*****

Korean Words Meaning

Yeoboseyo : Hello

Chukkae : Congrats

Neo : You

Keure : It's fine

Arrasseo : Understand

Hana...dul...set : 1..2...3

Saengil chukahamnida : Happy Birthday

Dasi hae: do it again

Masitda : its delicious

Gomawo : Thank You

Let's support Binjin full of responsibility ^^