The First Meeting.

Hyorin's Secret [Hiatus]

-Flashback-

Dongwoo froze at the sound of quiet sobs trying to be suppressed. Her little whimpers as she gasped for air trying to regulate her breathing. The sound of her sniffles as her tears streamed down her face. She looked pitiful sitting alone on the east wing stairway of their school curled into a ball crying to herself.

Dongwoo was already running late and couldn’t afford to miss his class. He dreaded having Mr. Yoon as his first period teacher. Whenever he was late as a disciplinary lesson he would make Dongwoo stand facing the window with his arms in the air. Dongwoo hesitated for a while debating whether he should help her or leave her. Finally he continued past her walking towards the main hall trying to ignore her. Slowly he furthered himself from her; occasionally he would look back hoping she would be gone the next time, no longer crying and on her way to class.

Before he knew it he’d already walked all the way across the quad and was now in front of the doors to the main hall. As he reached for the handles his conscience began eating at him, questioning of what he was doing was the right thing to do.

he thought to himself as he gave up and turned around. He began sprinting back to the girl disregarding the time.

“Tough day?” Hyorin heard unaware that someone was with her.

She lifted her head and looked at Dongwoo blankly. Dongwoo was taken back. Surprised at how beautiful she was. Her small beady eyes filled with tears were extremely captivating, the way her hair accentuated her facial structure. He usually hated seeing girls cry it would bother him to the point where he’d have to leave the area where the girls would cry; but with her it was different. His arms outstretched with a handkerchief in hand.

“Gomawo,” she said as she took  it and began wiping her tears.

Hyorin let out a heavy sigh. “Sorry,” she said as she motioned towards his now wet handkerchief letting out the faintest laugh.

“Kwenchana,” Dongwoo said as he took a seat next to her.

“So …” he began trying to get her talking.

“I’m sorry for burdening you, today is just not my day.” She began, spacing out not even trying to make eye contact with Dongwoo.

“Can’t be that bad,” Dongwoo said in a light hearted manner hoping to relieve the sadden atmosphere around them.

With that Hyorin turns her head to Dongwoo staring at him emotionless before turning around and spacing out again.

“C’mon look on the bright side today’s a beautiful day,” Dongwoo then looks up at the sky only to see grey skies and dark rain clouds, “okay maybe not. But what ever happen can’t be that bad.” Still trying to brighten her mood.

“Yea, just lost my dad, it can’t get any worse right,” she said unintentionally in a sarcastic tone.

Dongwoo’s mood suddenly changed. He was no longer cheerful, starting to feel bad for the girl.

“Mianhe,” he said looking at the ground.

“Don’t be it’s not your fault.” Hyorin said. “I should be sorry; I didn’t mean to take it out on you.”

Unexpectedly both of them happen to look up at one another, sharing a silent and long and glance.

Suddenly it began to rain. Hyorin immediately got up and started running, she didn’t even give Dongwoo a chance to ask for her name.

“Gomawo!” Hyorin screamed as she reached the bottom of the stairway trying to shield herself with her backpack waving at the same time.

Dongwoo who was shocked at how quick she was, was still standing in the rain waving an smiling like an idiot. He didn’t know what it was about her but he couldn’t stop thinking about her. When he’d finally realized he was standing in the rain Dongwoo quickly started running to his class. Aiish he thought to himself as he tried to pat himself dry.

Dongwoo peered into his class Mr. Yoon was lecturing the class and he was sure it was boring for half the class was asleep. Dongwoo scanned the room trying to find his friend Sungyeol. Sungyeol who was sitting in the back was extremely bored. He started to nod off when something had caught his eyes. It was Dongwoo; he was outside the classroom waving his arms around trying to get his attention.

Dongwoo began pointing at his teacher trying to signal Sungyeol to distract him.

“Mr. Yoon.” Dongwoo whispered still pointing at him.

What? Sungyeol mouthed as he watched Dongwoo jumped up and down. Hyung what are you trying to say he whispered. Sungyeol sat there squinting his eyes, shaking his head, and shrugging his shoulders when suddenly *BAM* startled Sungyeol faced forward.

Mr. Yoon was standing in front of him with his ruler in hand staring at him.

“What are you looking at Lee Sungyeol?” as he turned towards the window.

Dongwoo was now staring into his teacher’s eyes.

“.” he said as he hit his own forehead. Slowly he made his way into class.

“Annyeonghaseyo Seonsaengnim.” Dongwoo said as he bowed to his teacher. 

But it was to no avail, Mr. Yoon immediately sent him straight to the windows.

“Mianhe, Hyung,” Sungyeol whispered as Dongwoo walked by.

Dongwoo just smiled he couldn’t be mad at his dongsaeng, it was his fault after all.  As Dongwoo stood there with his arms in the air something caught his attention. The windows in his class over looked the school’s quad area, and in the middle of the quad stood a huge tree. Underneath that tree was Hyorin. He was mesmerized by her. The way she sat there arms stretched looking into the sky as the rain seep through her hands. What surprised him most was that she was smiling. He was enchanted by her beauty.

“Just who are you?” Dongwoo whispered to himself.

"Let the games begin, Jang Dongwoo." Hyorin said as a smirk grew across her face.