Photos

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t do this. I just…I can’t do this.” She was pacing back and forth in her living room while her friend watched, unsure of what to do. “I just don’t see how I can go through with this. We’ll have to call everyone and cancel. We’ll lose our deposits, but that’s ok. It’s the right thing to do. God, why am I doing this?”

“Jen, relax, it’ll be ok.” 

“How?”

“Because you love her? Because she’s the one for you? Because I’ve never seen you happier than when you’re with her?”

“But is that enough, Jisoo?”

“Of course it is! What more could you want?”

“What if we’re moving too fast?” 

Jisoo started laughing. “Damn, if 7 years is ‘too fast’ there’s no hope for the rest of us.”

There was a short knock on the door before it opened and a brunette came into the apartment. 

“Ally, thank god, we’re having a bit of an emergency here.”

“What’s going on?” she looked between a pacing Jennie, and a seated Jisoo.

“Jennie’s having cold feet.”

“It’s not cold feet, Jisoo, I just can’t go through with this.”

“That’s the definition of cold feet.”

“Jen, come on, you know it’ll be ok. Where’s Rosie?”

“She’s out with her bridesmaids doing some last-minute wedding stuff.” 

“So she doesn’t know about all of this, right?” she waved her hand at a flustered Jennie. 

“She has no clue.”

“Ok good, let’s keep it that way. Jen, sweetie, wanna tell me what’s going on?”

“Can you imagine spending the rest of your life with just one person?”

“Uhm, yeah? I’m married, remember? Besides, you love my sister, are you saying you don’t wanna be with her at all anymore?”

“No! Of course that’s not what I’m saying! But it seems so terrifying going from girlfriends to wives. Marriage complicates everything. What if something goes wrong? How do I know she’s truly the one for me?”

“What makes you think she isn’t? Has something happened?”

“No.” Jennie sat down, putting her face in her hands, “She’s been more amazing than ever. So attentive and sweet. I love her so much, I really do. And I do want to spend the rest of my life with her, I do want to make her happy, I’m just so scared. Things have been great for the last seven years, almost too good to be true. What if marriage somehow screws that up? What if we should’ve just kept things the way they were, not try to tempt fate?”

“Listen, Jen, I can promise you that the wedding won’t change anything if you don’t want it to. It’s just a piece of paper that you both have to sign. But you’ll get to wake up every day knowing that she loves you so much that she chose to commit herself to you for the rest of her life. You’ll get to wear a beautiful wedding ring, and you’ll get to call her your wife. I know it’s scary, but I think that the day after your wedding, and every single day after that, you’ll wake up with her next to you and you’ll wonder how you got so lucky. And she’ll think the same thing. She loves you so incredibly much, and I know you do too.”

“Ally is right, Jen, we all know you and Rosie are meant to be. God, remember uni? The two of you were all over each other. You had Lisa and I questioning if our relationship was normal because we never had as many hickeys as you two had. And you’re still the same possessive, loving girl you were then. It might seem scary right now, but that’s only because we’re so close to the actual wedding date. Why don’t we do what Ally and I came for today, huh? We’ve got lots of photos to go through, and I’m sure there are some embarrassing photos of Rosie in there that’ll cheer you up.”

“I can guarantee you there’s embarrassing photos of Rosie in here, I made sure to bring all of them.” Alice smiled gently at Jennie who seemed to be calming down. 

“You’re right, I’m just being silly. I don’t know what’s happening to me, it all seems a bit scary now that we’re so close to the actual date, but I’ll get through it. Thanks for calming me down, guys.” She wrapped them into a big hug and tried focusing on the positive aspects of being married. “Now, show me embarrassing Chaengie.”

It took them hours, but eventually they’d gone through hundreds, if not thousands, of photos, selecting the ones they wanted to show on the big screen during the wedding party, everything from childhood photos, to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter