Surprise!

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Surprise chapter in honor of Ice Cream coming out today/tomorrow depending on your time zone. So so so excited for this!

 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, the next one will be the last one; the epilogue (but it’s really long, at least). Have a great weekend!

 

 

“Hi mom, are you guys nearby?”

 

“Yeah, we’re about ten minutes away. I’ve got Jennie’s parents in our car, and Alice and Hanna are riding with Jisoo and Lisa. How’s things going over there?”

 

“Perfect,” Rosie glanced over at her wife who was resting, a small smile on her lips. “It went really well and quite fast.”

 

“Is it a boy or a girl?”

 

Rosie laughed; they’d all tried to pull it out of her since the baby had been born the night before. “You’ll just have to wait and see, mom. You’ll know in about ten minutes.”

 

“Figured I’d give it another try,” Clare laughed. She and Jennie’s mom were both pretty desperate to know. Not that it mattered, they’d love the baby equally either way, but they wanted to know if they had another granddaughter, or their first grandson. “I’ll text you when we get there, see you soon.”

 

“Bye, love you.” She hung up and sat next to Jennie, gently her cheek. “Jen, babe?”

 

“Hmm?” Her voice was sleepy, eyes still closed.

 

“Our families will be here soon; do you want a sandwich or something first?”

 

“Just some water I think.”

 

“Sure, let me go refill the pitcher with some ice water.” Rosie kissed Jennie’s cheek before stepping out of the room, giving Jennie some time to properly wake up and orient herself.

 

“Are you ready for this?” She asked after receiving the text from her mom that they were all downstairs.

 

“It’s now or never. Don’t worry, I feel fine. I got to sleep all night, thank you for that by the way.”

 

“Hey, it’s the least I could do. How do you wanna do this?”

 

“I don’t want everyone at once, so maybe Hanna first, then one set of grandparents at a time, along with Alice, and then Chu and Lili?”

 

“I’ll let them fight it out who gets to come in first, I’m not getting in the middle of that.” She laughed, getting up to go get them. “I’ll be right back.”

 

She navigated the hallways, finding the hoard of family and friends downstairs, all anxiously waiting to meet the latest addition to the Park family. “Hey!”

 

“Mommy!” Hanna hadn’t seen her mom for two days and she’d missed her lots, so she ran straight into her mom, tugging on her to pick her up.

 

“Hi munchkin. Do you wanna go upstairs and see mommy?” Hanna nodded excitedly as Rosie smiled at the rest. “I’m guessing you’re about as ready as she is, huh? C’mon, I’ll lead you upstairs.”

 

“We can’t have everyone in there at once, so we’re gonna take Hanna in first, then a set of grandparents at a time, then Alice, Jisoo, and Lisa, ok? So you guys figure out amongst yourselves who goes first.” She looked at her parents and Jennie’s parents, who seemed just about ready to break down the door, as she said the last part.

 

“Do you wanna know a secret, bear?” Rosie whispered to Hanna as she closed the door behind her.

 

“Mhm,” she nodded enthusiastically, staring at her mom.

 

“Mommy didn’t just have one baby,” she couldn’t hide her smile as Jennie came into view. “She had two.”

 

Hanna gasped as she saw her mommy holding two tiny babies in her arms. “Two babies?”

 

“Mhm, two babies! Do you know what that means?” Hanna shook her head no as she craned her neck to get a better view. “You don’t just have one baby sister; you have two baby sisters.”

 

“Like Cara?” Cara was an older girl in Hanna’s kindergarten that Hanna adored.

 

“Just like Cara, except Cara has one younger sister, and then a baby brother, while your baby sisters are the same age.”

 

“Ohhh. Okay. Mommy, hug!” she reached out for Jennie who currently had her hands full.

 

“One second, cutie, mommy just needs to help me with the babies, ok?” Rosie put Hanna at the end of the bed, helping Jennie put the twins in their bassinets. “C’mere, baby.” She opened her arms, smiling as Hanna crawled into her embrace.

 

“I’m not a baby, mommy. They are.” She pointed towards the bassinets.

 

“You’ll always be my baby,” she kissed her head. Hanna, who had always been her little girl, suddenly seemed so big now in comparison to her two little sisters. It was weird to think that four years ago, she’d been that tiny.

 

“Do you want to hold them?” There wasn’t a lot of room in the hospital bed, and Jennie still had some wires attached to her that Rosie didn’t want to disturb, so she sat down in the chair right next to the bed.

 

“Can I?”

 

“Of course! Here, mommy will help you. First you have to sit up properly,” Jennie sat up next to her, guiding Hanna. “Then you have to hold your arms like this.” Hanna copied her mommy as Rosie went to pick up one baby. She gently placed her into Hanna’s arms, Jennie helping to support the baby’s head. “Let me get my phone, I need photos and videos of this.”

 

Rosie pulled out her phone, attaching it to the holder they’d brought so she could film Hanna and the babies first meeting.

 

“What’s her name, mommy?”

 

“Her name is Lea; do you like it?” Hanna nodded; eyes locked on the tiny little being in her arms.

 

“Hi baby Lea.” She leaned down, placing a kiss on the baby’s face, and it was just about enough to make Jennie and Rosie’s hearts melt for the nth time. “I love you.”

 

“Baby Lea loves you too, Nana bear.”

 

“Can I give her more kisses?”

 

“You can give her as many kisses as you want to, but do you want to meet your other sister too?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Give her one more kiss then,” Hanna leaned down and placed another kiss on her sister’s cheek, Rosie getting some cute photos of it, before Jennie gently placed the baby in her lap so Rosie could hand them the other twin.

 

“What’s her name?”

 

“She’s called Ava.”

 

“I love you too, Ava.” Jennie and Rosie shared a tender look as Hanna kissed her sister, this was honestly too much for their hearts to take.

 

“Are you gonna be a good big sister, bear?”

 

“Uh-huh, just like grammy said auntie Alice was with mommy.”

 

“That’s right, auntie Alice was the best big sister, and I know you will be too, bear. Is it ok if we let grammy and grandpa come in now?”

 

“Okay,” Hanna shrugged, as Rosie gently took Ava out of her arms. “But I still wanna sit next to mommy.”

 

“Of course, cutie, you don’t have to go anywhere. No one else knows mommy had two babies, so when they come in, we’re gonna surprise them. So you have to not say anything, ok?”

 

“Okay mommy, I like surprises.”

 

They let Hanna have fifteen minutes alone with them before letting anyone else in. Turned out Jennie’s parents had won an intense battle of rock, paper, scissor, thus allowing them to go first. “Here we go,” Rosie opened the door and the three of them walked in to find Jennie and Hanna on the bed, a small baby in Jennie’s arms.

 

“Hi mom, hi dad.” Jennie smiled before looking down at her newborn baby. “This is Lea.”

 

Her mom gasped as tears filled her eyes, “another beautiful granddaughter. Can I hold her?”

 

“Of course!” Jennie gently handed her over, her father standing behind her mother as they both stared lovingly at the tiny little girl, Jennie and Rosie sharing knowing glances.

 

“Dad,” Jennie spoke up as Rosie moved towards Hanna’s side of the bed. “Do you want to hold Ava?”

 

Both of her parents looked up, eyebrows furrowed for a second, before they saw the other baby now in Rosie’s arms, her mom looking between the two in shock. “There’s two of them?!”

 

“Yeah, there’s two of them,” Rosie laughed as she handed over Ava as well.

 

“I- wow…” they both stuttered as they stared down at the two sleeping babies, Hanna giggling as well as she snuggled her mommy.

 

“They’re beautiful, sweetie. So, so beautiful.”

 

“I think they’re cuter than Logan and Lucas combined.” Hanna added, because of course her baby sisters were the cutest babies in the whole world.

 

“You know what, munchkin? I think you’re right.” Her grandpa added with a wink.

 

They cuddled for ten minutes before Clare impatiently texted Rosie, begging to let her in. “Ok guys, I think we need to give my parents some time as well, they’re getting impatient out there. Don’t worry, you’ll get plenty of time with these two when we go home tomorrow.”

 

“Oh, and don’t tell them there’s two, we wanna surprise all of them.”

 

“Our lips are sealed,” her mom gave both babies a kiss on the cheek before handing them back to their moms. “I’ll let Clare and Mason in.”

 

“Thanks mom,” Jennie smiled down at Lea who was making tiny sounds in her sleep.

 

“Have no fear, grammy’s here.” Clare stormed into the room, quickly followed by Mason, as she zoned in on Jennie. “Oh my, she’s just precious, isn’t she?” They hadn’t even noticed Rosie and Ava.

 

“She’s beautiful, just like her big sister. This is baby Lea.”

 

“And this is baby Ava.” Rosie moved closer to them, Clare barely sparing her a glance before looking back at Lea, not registering that there were two babies at first.

 

But Mason did. “Hold up!”

 

“Wait!” Her mom finally squealed, getting a good look at both of them.

 

“Grandma, I have two baby sisters!” Hanna laughed at her grandma’s funny face, Clare still in complete and utter shock.

 

“Two babies…”

 

“Congratulations,” Mason hugged his daughter, before giving Jennie a kiss on the head. “You’re gonna be the best big sister, Hanna.”

 

“Uh-huh, mommy and mommy already said so, just like auntie Alice.”

 

“That’s right, munchkin.” Clare still felt completely and utterly shocked. The last thing she’d expected when flying over was that she’d suddenly have not one, but two new granddaughters. “Did you know all along?”

 

“Pretty much, we found out around 10 weeks in, and then decided to keep it a secret, for the fun of it.” Rosie smiled down at her daughters as she fixed Ava’s hat, the baby stirring slightly in her sleep.

 

“I still can’t believe this, but I’m so happy for all of you, they’re perfect, just like our little Hanna.”

 

“I’m so glad you got to be here for this, mom, it means a lot that you flew over.”

 

“I’d be so mad if you told me this over the phone, I’d probably faint or tell you you were lying.” She laughed, leaning her head on her youngest daughter. “I think we should let the other three see them now, I couldn’t tell you who’s the most excited of them.”

 

“If you hear a loud squeal, it’s just Lisa. Don’t worry, we’ll protect all the tiny ears.”

 

“I’ve spent enough time with that girl to not expect anything less from her,” Mason laughed, thinking back to the times Lisa would join Rosie on trips back to Melbourne. She truly held the energy of two people, those long legs of hers never staying still.

 

“And remember, don’t tell them when you let them in.”

 

Hanna was, unsurprisingly, getting bored, so Jennie gave her her phone to play with, Rosie giving the twins snuggles and kisses before placing them on Jennie’s chest.

 

“Jen, your mom said the baby was cute, but I want my own unbiased opinion,” They heard Lisa’s voice before they could even see her, the curtains blocking the view from the door. All three freezing when they rounded the curtain, Jisoo speaking up first.

 

“Whose baby did you steal?”

 

“You stole a baby?!” Rosie was almost certain Lisa’s eyes would fall out of their sockets.

 

“Why have one, when you can have two, right?” Jennie grinned, hoping the twins would stay asleep for a little while longer.

 

“It’s twins?” Alice tore her eyes away from the babies to stare at her sister.

 

“Identical,” Rosie laughed, wrapping her arms around her sister.

 

“Holy , no way!!”

 

“If you weren’t holding my god babies right now, I woulda hit you, Jendeuk.” Jisoo said, half serious, half teasingly. “To make it up to me you can give me a baby to hold.”

 

“Hey, I wanna hold a baby too!”

 

“What about me? There’s only two of them!”

 

“Two’s more than enough, thank you. But don’t worry Lisa, you’ll get to hold them too.”

 

“Alice, you can take baby B,” Jennie nodded to the tightly swaddled baby on the right side of her chest. “Her name is Ava.”

 

“Hi there, Ava. Everyone was right, you are the cutest little bean, aren’t you?” Alice snuggled the newborn, her tiny head.

 

“And Jisoo, you can borrow baby A, Lea.”

 

“I still think you stole one of them, but it’s ok, I already love them so much that I won’t tell anyone.” She gave her signature smirk to the baby, missing when her own boys were that tiny. “Did you know all along and not tell me?”

 

“Sorry, we wanted to, but we really wanted to surprise you guys. You have no idea how many times I almost said babies instead of baby.”

 

“To be fair, not even Hanna knew. We couldn’t tell her cause she’s not the best secret keeper at the moment, so everyone would’ve known.”

 

“I’m so annoyed you didn’t tell me, I thought we were best friends,” Lisa glared at Rosie, though there was no malice behind it, “but I’ll forgive you because I love you and this is the best surprise ever.” Lisa pulled Rosie into a hug, squeezing a little extra just because.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter