Possessive

Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is based on a request from sourcandy on AO3

----------

‘Rosieeee, where are you?’

 

‘Kate Edger, getting some lunch. You want a burrito?’

 

‘Yes, please. Add guac.’

 

‘Gross.’

 

‘nuh-uh. be there in 5 mins’

 

‘make that 10, this teacher always finishes class late’

 

‘I grabbed one of the tables by the taco truck.’


Jennie was tapping her foot as she waited for the green light at the corner of Symonds Street and Grafton Road, eager to see her girlfriend. Her class had been hell, she really didn’t like her marketing professor, and now she had two hours to kill before her next class. A clicking sound alerted her that she was now free to cross the street, along with hordes of undergrads that had escaped from OGGB. Rushing down the four steps from street level down to the small square outside Kate Edger, she finally spotted the girl she was waiting to see, a lanky, once-brunette-now-rose-gold hair colored girl she called her girlfriend. She was looking down on her phone, two burritos wrapped in aluminum foil placed on the table in front of her.

 

“Hey babe,” she quipped, leaning in for a kiss that took Rosie by surprise and left her wanting more, smiling triumphantly as she pulled back and Rosie chased her lips.

 

“How was class?” the taller of the two grabbed the non-guac burrito, ripped off the top of the foil and dug in as if she hadn’t eaten in a week.

 

“I honestly don’t know how I survive it,” she began nibbling on her own burrito, never having been one to eat it all in two bites like her girlfriend could. “He clearly favorizes a few of the students, and he’s such an about things, refusing to admit it when he’s said something wrong. Once we told him that what he’d just said was entirely contradictory to what he’d said the week before, and he claimed it was all about interpretation… like, what? No, it’s not! It can’t be both ways, it’s physically impossible!”

 

“Only four weeks left, babe.”

 

“I know, but that just reminds me that I really need to start my marketing report, it’s 50% of my grade. He keeps talking about how we should start early and write a little every week, but how can we do that when he refuses to give us the information we need early on? Ugh, I swear to god he’s gonna give me gray hair.”

 

“Idk if it helps, but I got you a flat white.”

 

Jennie let out a soft sigh and Rosie’s hand gratefully before taking a big swing of coffee, hoping the caffeine would kick in quickly. “Thanks baby. What did you get?”

 

“Chai latte.”

 

“Sweet or spicy?”

 

“Spicy, obviously.”

 

“Obviously,” Jennie teased. “How was your class? You left early this morning; I didn’t even wake up.”

 

Rosie shrugged as she continued eating her food. “As usual. Our teacher’s really funny, but I really can’t wait for this semester to be over. Christina wanted to meet up before class to compare notes, so I left earlier than usual. Don’t worry though, I still gave you your good morning kiss, just on the cheek.” She grinned at Jennie, knowing she got grumpy if she didn’t get her morning cuddles.

 

“I thought I dreamt that! Good girl.” she winked in return, as a cute blonde girl came over.

 

“Hey Chaeng, are you coming to pump class tomorrow?”

 

“Oh, hey! Yeah, I think so, still feeling sore from the last one though.”

 

“Ugh, me too, I think he’s pushing us harder these days. I gotta run to class, but I’ll save you a spot tomorrow.”

 

Rosie just waved as she sipped her chai latte, completely missing the look Jennie was giving her.

 

“Who was that?”

 

“Oh, that was just Laura, she’s in my pump class.”

 

“She’s cute.”

 

“Is she?”

 

Jennie raised an eyebrow as if she was challenging the other girl. “Maybe I should try pump.”

 

“You sure? I thought you preferred yoga?”

 

“I do, but it couldn’t hurt to try something new every now and then.”

 

“I don’t mind if you wanna join. Class starts at 5:15, but it’s usually pretty full so we gotta be there early.”

 

Jennie nodded, satisfied with herself without really knowing why. “You look nice today. Were you meeting someone?”

 

“Besides Christina, you mean?”

 

“Did you get dressed up for Christina?”

 

“No, but you looked so peaceful this morning that I didn’t have the heart to wake you, and this was the first thing I saw in my closet without having to turn on the light.”

 

“Oh, thanks, I appreciate the sleep in. You really do look nice; it compliments your hair.” She blushed slightly, realizing she was being slightly ridiculous for ‘accusing’ Rosie of meeting someone else.

 

“You mean the hair color you didn’t want me to get because, and I quote, ‘I don’t like pink and I’d rather you didn’t get pink hair’, and then when you saw it realized that it actually looks pretty darn good?”

 

“Yes, yes, you’re right, it looks amazing on you and I actually love it.” She rolled her eyes with a playful smile, her cheeks still dusted with a pink blush.

 

“Why thank you.” She smirked with a casual shrug. She had to admit, rose gold was absolutely her color.

 

//

 

“Wait right here, I’m gonna grab the stuff we need. How much weight do you want?”

 

“I’ll have whatever you’re having.”

 

“Are you sure? You haven’t done this before.”

 

“Mhm.”

 

Rosie moved towards the wall where the equipment was located, starting off by grabbing two matts. “Hey Laura.”

 

“Hey, happy to see you here today. Who’s the girl?” She nodded towards Jennie, “haven’t seen her here with you before.”

 

“That’s my girlfriend Jennie, she usually does yoga, but for some reason she wanted to try pump today.”

 

“Hope she’s ready to get her kicked by Shawn, he’s really on a roll.”

 

“I’ve tried warning her. We’ll see how it goes.” The two moved back to their spots as Rosie began preparing their equipment for the class.

 

“Wow, he has a lot of muscles.”

 

“That’s the teacher. Careful, you’re drooling.” She teased as Jennie stared at his arms.

 

“He’s ripped, how can I not stare? If you continue doing pump, will you look like that?”

 

“Do you want me to look like that?”

 

“Hmm, probably not. It’s hot though, like, he could pin me to the wall any day.”

 

“Psh, I can pin you to the wall, you’re like two inches tall.”

 

 

“Rude.” She pouted slightly with her arms crossed, but the pout quickly disappeared when Rosie leaned in to kiss her.

 

“Class is starting, get ready baby, you’re gonna get your whipped.”

 

“Why? Did you bring our flogger?”

 

“Holy Jen! We don’t even own one! Now shut up!” Jennie thoroughly enjoyed seeing Rosie flustered.

 

They were only 20 minutes into their class when Jennie gave in. She couldn’t do it anymore; she was almost certain that she was actually dying. She had no idea how on earth Rosie did this multiple times a week, but god ing damnit she was ready to never step foot in a gym ever again. She’d already downed her entire water bottle, her face was as red as Rosie’s favorite UoA hoodie (if Rosie could hear her thoughts, she would’ve told her that it was burgundy, not red), she was dripping sweat, and her thigh muscles were screaming. The instructor, who had been looking at her worriedly the entire time, had given them another short break, and her girlfriend was quickly by her side.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

“No, it’s not over yet.”

 

“Jen, you’re dying, I can tell that you’re not gonna last. I’ll go with you, c’mon.”

 

The stubborn side of her wanted to fight and argue, claim that she could do it, but she knew it was fruitless. She wouldn’t last another minute. She, regretfully, had to give in. “Ok, fine, if you insist.”

 

Together they snuck out, moving up to the locker room. “We have to wait until the class finishes, I have to put our equipment back, and I left my phone down there.”

 

“Rosie, you can go back to class if you want. I know you like it.”

 

“No, it’s ok, I don’t mind. I’ll wait here with you.”

 

Jennie pouted and leaned her head on the girl’s shoulder, but she was secretly happy that Rosie wanted to stay with her. “Thanks.”

 

“You did great.”

 

Jennie snorted, causing Rosie to laugh. “Ok, fine, maybe great isn’t the right word. But I’m proud of you for trying something new.”

 

“Do you think,” she grabbed her girlfriend’s hand and started playing with her fingers, “that maybe once a week or so we can do a class together that we both enjoy?”

 

“I think that would be nice, we can give it a go.” She smiled as she felt Jennie’s lips on her cheek, which was considerably less red than the older girl’s.

 

“I’m gonna head downstairs and tidy up.”

 

“I’ll meet you by the exit.”

 

20 minutes later, Rosie and Laura emerged together, laughing at something Laura had just said. “The teacher was really worried about you, babe. He kept asking me if you were okay.”

 

Jennie put her phone in her gym bag and linked her fingers with Rosie’s, basically gluing herself to her side. “I’m fine, don’t worry about me. I’ll probably feel it tomorrow though.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter