just pizza

You're To Die For
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was three in the morning and Sehun was parked across Byul’s building. He was on the lookout for anyone suspicious treading around the block. As Sehun sighed and leaned more into his seat, he wondered if he was crazy. Up until then, things were normal. It didn’t seem like there were going to be people showing up to take Byul’s life. Everything was peaceful. Well, except the frantic state his mind was in.

He was drifting off to sleep with his head lolling to the side. Suddenly, he heard rustling within the trees he was concealed behind. Acting on instinct, Sehun rolled out of his car and onto the ground. He landed on one knee with a gun that was pointed towards the source of the sound.

A squirrel made its way graciously down the trunk of the tree.

Sehun frowned. So he was crazy.


 

“I’ve got a job for us.” Strolling into the living room, Chanyeol dropped the folder on Sehun’s lap. “Ahn Hyunki. Forty-three years of age. 5”11. He was mouthing off to our client in a bar and bragged that he was behind the killing in the 4th Avenue House. Remember? A whole family was slaughtered.”

Reaching for the remote, Sehun turned off the TV in front of him since his attention had now been fully captured. He remembered the story about the 4th Avenue House playing all over the news when it had happened a year ago. It was a two-man job. The killers had never been caught. If this Ahn Hyunki guy wasn’t lying, Sehun knew that he needed to be brought down.

“Anyway, he threatened our client that he would do the same to his family. He’s worth ten grand,” Chanyeol added.

“Sure. We can take this on.”

“I know where he’ll be in the afternoon. I can loop the security cameras so you can get in and out without surveillance cameras catching you.” Chanyeol sat down on the chair across from Sehun and brought out his Desert Eagle gun to polish its barrel with a small piece of cloth he carried around. The way he was carelessly holding it with a finger wrapped around the trigger made Sehun nervous. What’s worse was that it was aimed right at him.

Sehun jumped up in his seat. “Don’t point that thing at me!”

“Relax. The safety is on.” Chanyeol flipped it to check. “Oops, it wasn’t.”

Sehun silently seethed at him.

With a click, Chanyeol switched his gun to safety mode. “Now it is,” he said, sheepishly smiling at Sehun.


 

Sehun was leaning on the cement wall in the underground parking lot while he waited for Ahn Hyunki to leave his apartment room to get to his parked car. According to Chanyeol who had been keeping an eye on him for a week prior to showing Sehun the file, he left around 2:30 in the afternoon every day for errands. Spotting a man walking toward the black Honda Civic he had been watching, Sehun compared the photos he had in his hand to the man. It was an ideal match.

He pulled his mask up to cover his face until just below his eyes. Taking light steps, he approached him. “Ahn Hyunki?”

“Yes? I’m busy.” He turned around with a bit of annoyance, apparently needing to get somewhere important. As soon as Sehun reached in his jacket for the gun, the man was running towards the other direction.

He groaned. “Why do they always run?” Sehun gave him a five-second head start, counting slowly in his head, before he took off after him at full speed.

He weaved through the parked cars and jumped over mirrors while keeping an eye on Hyunki’s head.

“Please! I’ll pay you anything! Don’t hurt me! I didn’t think that guy was serious when he said he would send someone after me.” He was hobbling around, forgetting how to apparently use his legs because he wasn’t using his right and left feet alternatively.

Hyunki ducked behind a Jeep, the only sound in the parking lot by then was the sound of his harsh breathing. It was as if the guy with the mask disappeared. Peeking over the hood of the car, the place was empty too.

“Hey.” In an instant, Sehun was beside him. It made him jump and whirl around with his hand at his rapidly beating heart. Sehun placed a hand on his hip as he eyed the man down. “I looked into your transactions last year. There were two large sums of money that were sent to off-shore bank accounts. You were paying the killers for hitting that house on 4th Ave, weren’t you?”

“Wait, wait, wait!”

He was pushed on the ground until he was flat on his back, whimpering and crying. Sehun was pointing his gun just as his phone rang—his business phone. It must have been Chanyeol who at the moment was watching the area carefully through surveillance from a van parked at the other side of the street.

To answer the call, he tapped on the Bluetooth chip in his ear. “What is it?”

“Sehun?”

What he heard instead was a girl. There was panic in her voice. He knew immediately who it was. “Byul, what’s up?”

“There’s someone at my door delivering pizza.”

“What’s wrong with that?”

From the ground, Hyunki was screaming, “HELP!”

“Shut up.” Sehun stepped on his face, pressing his head against the ground.

“What was that?” Byul asked, alarmed by the scream.

“Nothing.” He gave the man a firm look in warning. “What’s wrong with a guy delivering pizza?”

“I didn’t order any,” she whispered.

Sehun bit his lip, hesitating for a brief moment on what to do next. “Hold on. I’ll check it out. Just hide. Don’t open the door for him.”

“O-Okay, see you soon.”

He hung up, wanting to get the job done as quickly as possible instead of playing cat and mouse with his targets. It was too bad because he wanted the man to suffer. As soon as Sehun moved his foot, Hyunki was screaming again.

“HEEEEEELP! SOMEONE HEL—”

Sehun fired his gun, the bullet barely making a sound. At this point in his career, Sehun didn’t even flinch. He tucked the gun away in his holster with a shake of his head. “Why do they always scream?”


 

He arrived at Byul’s apartment building in record time by speeding and swerving around cars. Coasting by, Sehun saw the pizza delivery boy who was lingering by the front of the building beside his motorcycle. He seemed to be confused because Byul didn’t answer the door. The pizza boxes were still with him.

Sehun called Byul’s number back by redial.

She answered in an instant. “Hello?”

“Look out your window. Is that the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter