believe me

You're To Die For
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun parked his car beside the closest building and decided to walk the rest of the way to his destination in mind. If he approached with his car, he thought that it would alert Byul and cause her to run and hide somewhere else—if she was even there. Crossing through the grassy piece of land, Sehun squinted towards where the land sloped slightly downwards, hiding the pond from far onlookers.

“Byul?” he called out as he trekked his way up the slope. “Are you here?”

“Stop right there!” Surely enough, Byul popped up out of nowhere, the slingshot loaded in her hand and pointed towards Sehun.

“What are you doing?” He only laughed at the threat instead of running away like Byul would have hoped.

“Stop laughing!” She aimed the slingshot higher at his face to show she meant business. “Take me seriously. I can aim now, I think. I can let go of the correct hand.”

“Put it down. Let’s talk.” Sehun moved towards her.

“Don’t come any closer!” She hated that she was more threatened by him because she was the one that stepped away. “What’s your name?” Byul demanded. She wondered what Chanyeol meant by, “If he hasn’t told you by now, I don’t think he wants you to know.”

Sehun sighed, realizing only then how difficult she could be. He didn’t usually like telling people his name. He had a few friends—“few” really meaning just Chanyeol. Maybe a couple of guys he usually partied with, but the point was that he only had a few friends. The other times when he would mention his name and introduce himself was before he killed someone. That way they would know for a second who would end their life before he’d deliver the final blow, but looking at Byul, he had no intention of killing her.

He eyed the slingshot that she was still holding wrong. It didn’t scare him but he was surprised that she could still get him to talk. “Sehun. My name is Sehun.”

“Last name is Oh?”

“How do you know that?”

“I went through your medicine cabinet. You have a lot of oxycodone pills. What are those for?”

He stared at her in disbelief and scoffed. “You went through my medicine cabinet? What kind of person does that?”

“So I’m not allowed to look through your stuff, but you’re allowed to kidnap me?” Byul backfired.

“I didn’t kidnap you. You willingly went with me!”

“So can you explain what’s going on?”

“Byul—”

She drew the rubber band back on the slingshot to show that she could fire at any second.

Sehun knew that with the way she angled it, it would fly over his head and miss him. Still, he raised his arms up in surrender. “Okay, I’ll explain. Just get that thing away from me.”

“Fine.” With a defeated sigh, she lowered her only weapon. “First tell me what the oxycodone is for.”

“Painkillers.”

“Why do you need so much?”

She was a little nosey, but he didn’t say that. “I get hurt a lot. I kickbox for work, so I need them.”

Byul tilted her head at him. “I thought you were a personal hire.”

“It goes together.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, okay.”

Gullible too. “How did you even get here?” he questioned.

“I took a taxi from your house. You owe me thirty bucks.”

Demanding also.

Byul didn’t completely drop the slingshot. She was still holding it even when she crossed her arms defensively. “So what’s going on? Why did you say there was something urgent and then keep me in your house with your weird friend?”

He snickered at her comment about Chanyeol. Sehun his lips, wondering how he was going to tell her that she was supposed to be dead. Was there an appropriate way to deliver that news to someone? “There’s someone who…” wants you dead, “who is after you. They spoke to me about it.”

“What kind of person?”

“A person who could get guns and send a whole group of criminals after you.” Or rather: Your psychotic ex-boyfriend. The first rule about being a hitman was to never warn the victim they were being sought out. The element of surprise was very important. Sehun flinched at realizing he was breaking that rule now. It was right next to “Never leave any evidence at the crime scene.”

“What? What did I do?” Genuinely surprised, Byul’s whole face dropped. “Was it that cake lady? Did she call the cops on me?”

He didn’t bother asking who this cake lady was. “I don’t think they were cops. This person wants to hurt you. Your dead body is worth seventy-five thousand dollars.”

“I don’t…” With the way she tensed up and even accidentally dropped the slingshot, Sehun knew she was scared, “…understand. Is that like a bounty? Seventy-five thousand for me? Maybe you’re talking to the wrong person, Sehun. I couldn’t have done anything that bad to be worth that much. I’m only a little bit terrible, but not terrible enough for someone to want me dead.”

“Byul, I’m sure it’s you.”

She shook her head. “It can’t be me. I haven’t done anything, I swear—”

“Listen, I’ll help you get out of this, okay?”

“Okay,” she squeaked. “We should call the police.”

“Don’t you watch any movies? The bad guys are disguised as cops. You’ll be leading them right to you,” Sehun said, just because the last thing he wanted was the police involved.

“So I guess since you told me, I should give you this.” Byul retrieved her hand in her back pocket and pulled out a wad of bathroom tissue. Taking it from her, he uncrumpled it and read the words written in pen: I’ve been kidnapped. Oh Sehun did it. About six feet tall. Lean. Nice eyebrows.

“What the hell is this for?”

“In case you killed me or something. The police can search me, find that in my pocket and know it was you.”

“What? Why would—” Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn’t even begin to describe how many ways a final note like that could lead to trouble if something happened to her and it wasn’t even Sehun who did it. “I’m not going to hurt you. I’m doing the opposite.”

“Good!”

Sehun wondered how he was supposed to hide her forever. It’s not like he could hold her prisoner somewhere. He’d just have to convince Baekhyun that he was eventually going to kill her. “Let’s go.” He turned to walk up the slope. Noticing that she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter