blood

You're To Die For
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun followed Juwoon into an alley two blocks away from the restaurant. His eyes were glued on the man’s crooked back as he kept a few feet of distance between them. Juwoon, obviously aware that someone from the restaurant began tailing him, only spoke up once they were away from the public eye.

“You’re following me.” Juwoon turned to face Sehun. He dug in his pocket for a lighter and a cigarette which he perched on his mouth. After igniting it and letting out a puff of smoke, he spoke with the cigarette between his lips. “I saw you back at the restaurant. Someone hired you to kill me, right? A lot of people want me dead. It’s not a surprise. I’m just a little disappointed that they sent a kid.”

“I’m not a kid,” Sehun said between his teeth.

His biggest pet peeve was when people called him that word. More than anything, his desire to plunge a bullet into someone’s skull intensified when someone referred to him in that way—though that day was a different story. He had other priorities in his mind besides ripping that guy’s face apart.

Sehun looked at him evenly, seemingly unaffected by then. “Can we reschedule for another time?”

“What?”

“I can kill you at any other time. Just not right now.”

“What’s the matter? You don’t want to die today, kid?”

Sehun chose to ignore it the second time. “I’m out with a girl. I don’t think leaving her alone during this fight is nice.”

Juwoon brought out a pistol from the inside of his blazer and pointed the barrel at Sehun. “Death doesn’t wait for anyone.”

Sehun sighed. “Fine. Can we make this quick then?”

He swiped Juwon’s hand away just before he shot by grabbing his wrist and twisting it the other way. Taking advantage of the hold on his wrist, Sehun pulled Juwoon towards him and kicked him in the stomach. Juwoon stumbled backward, dropping the gun.

They both stared at the gun between them, paused, and then looked at each other before racing towards it. Juwoon bent to pick it up though Sehun was quick to knee him in the face. He fell onto the ground with a bleeding nose and the cigarette having left his lips. Sehun could have picked up the gun and ended him right there, but then he’d have to deal with a bloody corpse. What if the blood got on his clothes? Also, the gun going off might catch attention. It wasn’t a Silencer like the one Sehun owned, which had the advantage of a quiet bullet. He instead kicked the gun away from reach.

Juwoon smeared the blood away from his face with the back of his hand. “What’s the matter? Can’t shoot a gun?” he taunted.

“HA!” Sehun scoffed. “You don’t know who you’re talking to.”

“Then come on.” Juwoon struggled to get on his feet. When he did, he challenged Sehun by standing in a fighting position with two fists out in front of him.

Sehun stretched his fingers. “I’m warning you, I’m not too bad with hand-to-hand combat either.”

“Show me.”

Sehun swung a fist that Juwoon blocked. There was a searing pain that had come to Sehun’s stomach as soon as Juwoon made the hit without him realizing it. Sehun’s body reflectively folded in half from the blow and Juwoon sent another fist that connected with Sehun’s jaw. He stumbled to the side a little before finding the right footing.

“Hey! I swear if you leave a mark on my face, you’re really going to be dead!” Sehun warned, rubbing his jaw.

Juwoon threw another hit that Sehun ducked to miss. Spinning on one foot, Sehun dug his elbow into the man’s chest. Juwoon quickly recovered from the attack and grabbed Sehun’s neck from behind on a chokehold between his forearms. Sehun struggled to take a breath and clawed at the man’s arms uselessly. In quick thought, he hoisted both his feet on the wall in front of him and pushed himself backward by kicking. Juwoon hit his back on the wall behind him with a loud thud and dropped Sehun. Just before Juwoon could backfire, Sehun kicked him across the face with the back of his heel. Juwoon took a moment to himself to wipe off the blood from his swollen face.

Sehun dusted off his shoulder. “So are we going to reschedule or what? This is taking longer than I want it to.”

He bared his teeth at Sehun in a snarl. “When I’m done with you, I’m going to take care of your date too.”

“Hey!” Sehun pointed a threatening finger at him. “Don’t bring her into this. She doesn’t have to be involved, so shut the hell up.”

“We’re finishing this now!” Juwoon sloppily got back on his feet in staggers and charged at Sehun with a pocket knife that he had taken out without Sehun noticing.

Sehun stepped back in time to dodge a slice towards his stomach. “Put that away. This is going to get really bloody and messy if you don’t.”

“It’s not my blood that’s going to be spilled.”

“I’m wearing my good jacket, man. I’m serious,” Sehun warned, ducking to miss a swing to his face. He quickly blocked Juwoon’s next attack and pushed him backward with a against his chest by using his palms.

“I’m going to kill that girl the same way I’m going to kill you,” Juwoon practically growled, speaking through the blood coming from his nose that trickled down his chin. “Slowly and painfully.”

Sehun forced a tight-lipped smile, clenching and unclenching his fists. “What did I say about involving her? You don’t want to see me angry, buddy.”

Juwoon charged at Sehun again with the knife in front of him. By then he was moving purely out of anger instead of taking the time to consider strategies. It made it easy for Sehun to side-step and miss his attack, just slightly enough to dodge the blade. Sehun grabbed the man’s elbow with the arm that held the knife. Tripping him back by kicking Juwoon’s knees to bend, Sehun used the momentum to push down the knife towards Juwoon. The blade cut right through his chest.

Juwoon seemed to be trying to say something, though his words were unintelligible because he was drowning in his own blood filling up in his lungs.

“That should shut you up, huh?” Sehun said, releasing the hold he had on the knife as soon as Juwoon was too weak to hold himself up. He watched the light fade away from Juwoon’s eyes, a glassy look replacing his expression of panic as soon as his life slipped away. It took less than a minute for him to die.

He hid the body inside a dumpster after plenty of dragging and lifting. It took Sehun twice as long because he was trying to avoid the blood from getting all over him. Sehun made a mental note to tell Chanyeol to come back for the body before anyone else discovered it by accident; even if he made sure to hide it under piles of garbage bags.

Quickly washing off the dirt and grime from his hands and checking his hair in the restaurant bathroom, Sehun returned to Byul.

“Hey,” he said casually, as if he hadn’t just come back from a fight. As if there wasn’t a body in the dumpster that he put there.

She looked up with wide eyes as he took a seat in front of her again, acting as if he was a ghost. “I was starting to think you stood me up.”

Sehun scoffed. “Why would I do that? I’m having a nice time. Aren’t you?”

“I am,” Byul assured him with a smile.

He looked down at his plate and noticed something different. “Did you eat some of my fries?”

“I only did that because you were gone for a while,” she said, not bothering to deny it. “What took you so long?”

He picked up his fork, suddenly hungry from all that work. “I killed some guy in the alley.”

Byul laughed. “Very funny, Sehun.”

Despite him complaining about missing fries earlier, he left a few more on her plate to eat which she happily accepted.

“Hey, are you okay?” Byul suddenly asked.

There was concern written all over her face when he looked at her in confusion. For a moment he feared that she could read his mind and knew what he had been up to for the last few minutes when he was away. “Why? What’s up?” he spoke quietly.

Byul reached across the table to touch the corner of his mouth with a thumb. “You’re bleeding.”

“Ow.” He instinctively flinched away. It must have been from the punch. “I’m fine. My lips are probably just dry.”

Sehun found himself surveying the restaurant in case Juwoon didn’t come alone. It was safe to say that he did because no one had gotten up to attack him. If he had a partner, they would have definitely gotten to Byul. The thought of that possibility made his stomach twist. He internally cursed at Chanyeol again.

“Wow, you’re hungry,” Byul observed, seeing the way he was ravishing his food.

Sehun hadn’t even noticed how he was acting. He had gone through his food twice as quickly. He must have still been a little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter