Tip #1 - Cry it Out

WHEN YOU FEEL SAD

You Can Cry

 

 

“It's alright. Cry it out.”

 

 

 

She dropped her hands, allowing the piece of paper to graze the side of her body as she looked up with a bitter smile. 

 

Unlike most people in the campus who are walking home with their friends, she was spending her time alone on the roof top watching the one clear blue sky of the day bleeding to the orange color hue of twilight. 

 

She got in, but unfortunately, she isn't feeling elated or excited about the idea. 

 

She sighed. Training her eyes on the group of people inhabiting the campus grounds, below the roof top, her eyes widened to the size of saucers upon seeing him looking up at her straight in the eye, his lips in a thin line. 

 

He was giving her his no nonsense face. 

 

Unconsciously, Kwon Sarang gulped as she could feel the chills running down her spine with how Choice Yeonjun — her best friend — was looking at her.

 

 

--

 

 

The pair shivered due to the cold as they walk side by side, hugging their selves. 

 

Yeonjun could literally hear Sarang's teeth clattering and he couldn't help but shot her a glare, "We wouldn't be shivering to death if you went straight to my classroom." 

 

The girl frowned at him. "Why? you're not done with your lessons yet, am I supposed to wait for you for two hours?" She stutters every once in a while she explained herself. 

 

Really, it's not she would wait outside like a fool for two consecutive hours. 

 

"Hey, I was looking for you for an hour!" Yeonjun argued, his teeth clashing against each other as well. 

 

The sun has already set and yet, the two were still far from their neighborhood, thus the reason why the they are shivering while walking. 

 

"So what is it?" He asked without at all looking at her. 

 

"what?" Her frown deepened as she asked back. 

 

"What's your problem this time?" Yeonjun finally looked at her with a serious mien and Sarang stopped walking, looking at her friend with the same intensity. 

 

The guy copied her, stopping his feet from walking any further. This movement, however, made the cold seep in his shoes, straight to his bones though he made no efforts of doing something to fight the cold. 

 

His attention was solely focused on her face, waiting for any change of expression. 

 

When she didn't respond to his question, he added. "You only climb high places when you're troubled." 

 

Sarang looked down.

 

"So what's troubling you?" 

 

The eighteen year old girl wanted to deny everything, but knowing Yeonjun, he would just probably see through her excuses so she decided to just get things over and tell him. 

 

She started walking again, as the biting cold started to numb her senses. She inhaled a deep breath as she looked up the night sky, seeing her friend walking alongside her as he stared at her in full curiosity in her peripheral.

 

Just then, Sarang stopped on her tracks again, making her friend gape at her in incredulity. 

 

"Never mind. Let's walk, just tell me when we get to our house!"

 

--

 

"So?" 

 

Yeonjun asks after coming out of the bathroom door, a towel wiping his wet hair. His, friends, Sarang, however, was sitting awkwardly on his bed, her hands playing with each other. 

 

At the sound of his voice, the girl look up at him grimly before looking down on her lap once more. 

 

The guy's face contorted in pity. He dropped his hands to the sides of his body before walking towards his bed to take a seat beside his friend. 

 

Sarang looked beside her, obviously feeling gloomy. However, the girl frowned seeing her best friend cockily smirking at her. 

 

Is he trying to make fun of her knowing that she's not feeling good? 

 

"What?" She snapped irritatingly. 

 

In contrast to how Yeonjun would usually react when she raise her voice at him, he stretched his neck as he tapped his left shoulder using his right hand. 

 

"Cry it out."

 

He mumbled with a warm smile, shrugging his shoulders for a while. 

 

She didn't want to, but tears ended up b on her eyes and before she knew it, she was reaching for his body, the ugly tears dropping at his affectionate deed. 

 

The guy ended up laughing at this, but ended up reciprocating her hug. He tapped her back soothingly, feeling how her body trembled with her every sniffs. 

 

The two stayed like that for a few moments before Satrang finally let out brokenly. 

 

"I-I auditioned for the chorale t-today." 

 

Yeonjun nodded, this time rubbing soft patterns on her back. "A-and I got i-in."

 

The guy frowned. She got in on her audition and she's crying. But he nodded nonetheless. 

 

The girl promptly continued. 

 

"But you know," She heaved a huge sigh. "W-Why don't I f-feel contented?" She asked rhetorically. 

 

"Here's the thing," she added. "A-all the others a-a-are great s-singers but I ended up with m-my voice c-cracking." She sniffed, and that finally stopped the boy from caressing her back. 

 

"S-still I - I got accepted but I'm i-i-insecure." 

 

"I-I didn't do v-very well." She ended, tightening her grip on his torso. 

 

"It's okay. Cry until you're feeling fine." 

 

 

••⭐❇⭐••

 

A/N: Cheer up! Guys :D 

It's okay to feel down if a day didn't went well! it's okay to cry, it'll lessen the pain. Cry until you're tired and feel like there's no more tears. 

 

Just know that you shouldn't let loneliness eat you whole. When life knocks you down, learn to stand once more. 

 

Haha

Spreading mental health awareness,

laidbacknewbie