[YulYen] Just To Date

IZ*ONE Oneshots Compilation

Yena comes inside the class and sits on her place. She glances at Yuri who is staring at the blank whiteboard and taps her shoulder,

"So what movie should we watch later?", Yuri inches closer to me and completely ignoring my questions. "What's wrong? Why are you so quiet?" Yena looks at her in confusion. Without saying anything, Yuri just sighed heavily and moves back to her original position. Yena who isn't satisfied and curious about Yuri's behavior grabs the younger arm. "Ah, Joyul~", Yuri just pushes away Yena's hand from hers and do the '흥!칮!뽕!'

Where did she learn it though? Did Aunt Jo teach her? Yena thought internally. She scratches her cheek and lets out an awkward laugh "What's the matter?" Yena is taken aback by Yuri's weird behavior today.

"Are you mad because I bought you a mint chocolate popcorn last time?" Yuri shifts her gaze and looked at her while pouting and do the '흥!칮!뽕!' thingy again. Yena scrunches her face, weirded out by Yuri's uncanny behavior. She pretended that she doesn't know the '흥!칮!뽕!' and scratches her own nape.

"I know we're the same age but I never heard about that '흥!칮!뽕!' line." Yuri just pouts and puts her chin below her face. "I don't know why you're upset but...lighten up!", Yena shakes Yuri's body and pinches her cheek before continuing "My little baby Joyul~" She just pushes Yena hand away again and sighed. Yena is getting upset and automatically pouted, turning herself into a duck. Yena takes a glance again at Yuri. She wonders what makes her Jjoyul really upset.

 

Suddenly, a big puppy barged into their classroom. "Yena-ya!" Yena turned herself to face the puppy. Yujin runs towards Yena and clasped their hands together "Oh, hey. It's you!" "Yena-ya! Let's play with me~"

They then did their special handshakes before Yujin sits on her girlfriend, Minju's table. Yena suddenly remembers that they just got their mock exam test earlier. Is it the reason why Yuri is upset? However, Yuri scored it well so she doesn't think it's the reason.

"Yujin, did you do well in your test?" Yena asked before Yujin sighed and say "The science test is a little bit...", "Science? What did you get?".

 

She frowns and lifts up four fingers.

 

"4 points?! That's way too low", Yena scoffs at the taller girl's low marks as she is not the same. Yujin pouts and asks Yena, "Hey, what about you?". Yena chuckles and answers,

"Six..." Yujin pushes my shoulder and scoffs. "You're the same with me, tch!"

 

SKIP

 

 

They continue chatting until Yujin suddenly points her finger to Yuri. "What's wrong with her?", she whispered, but it's loud enough to Yuri to hear it. Yena just shakes her head weakly and answers "I don't know".

Yujin suddenly tap Yuri's shoulder and ask, "Jo Yuri, what's wrong?" Like earlier, she just ignored the puppy but it doesn't stop Yujin to ask her more. "Why do you look so upset?" Surprisingly, she answered Yujin.

"I'm fine. It's nothing"

Excuse me, Miss Joyul, if you're perfectly fine, why are you pouting like this? Are you trying to be a duck too? Yena questioned her best friend internally as she can risks her self getting killed by an angry hamster.

 

"What? Are you feeling blue? Ohh, Joyul~ Is it autumn blues?", Yujin was about to tease Yuri more before Yena cuts it off and tries to give Yujin an excuse so she will stop questioning Yuri. "No, when we went to the movies last time, I bought her mint chocolate popcorn... I think that's why..." Yujin sighed, "Well it's your fault!" Yena scratches her not-itchy cheeks.

Yuri then suddenly stand up and say, "NO, THAT'S NOT IT!", she also hit the table causing Yena and Yujin surprised. She continues pouting while standing. Yena sighed heavily in defeat. "And then, what's your problem?"

"YOU!"

Yena is taken aback by Yuri accusing her. What, ME?!

Before Yena or Yujin can ask anything, Yuri storms out from the class, leaving the duo, dumbfounded.

A piece of paper suddenly falls from Yuri's table. Yujin quickly takes it and gives it to Yena. She takes Minju's chair and sits beside Yena.

 

"Just-for-date... That's means we wouldn't get married?" it is what written on the paper.

 

"Yaa, Yena. I think she takes your word seriously...", Yujin holds Yena's shoulder and widens her eyes before she continues, "Wait, doesn't it mean that she like you too?"

Yena gasps and closes . Yujin pushes her to the door. "Go confess before you are too late!!!" Yujin keeps on pushing the frozen girl. Yena snaps from her daydream and runs out of the class, chasing Yuri. As soon as she caught a sight of Jo Yuri, she screams the girl name to get her attention. 

 

"JO YURI!"

 

The said girl stopped and turns around. Yena who didn't manages to stop on time, crashing into Yuri causing both of them to fall on the floor. Yujin who was following with Minju beside her stopped their steps and look at their lying best friends in disbelief.

 

Yena opens her eyes and meets with Yuri's dazzling hazelnut brown orbs. She finds herself lost into the deep ocean of Yuri's brown pool. She snapped from her reverie after Yuri flicks her forehead. She notices that Yuri's face and ears are getting redder. She stands up and holds out her hand which the latter gladly accepts. Yuri stands properly and brushes over all the dust in her school uniform. 

 

"J-joyul..." 

 

Yuri lifts her head and makes a confused face. Yena is avoiding her gaze. "What?" Yena scratches her cheek due to nervousness before clearing .

 

"Is it true that you like me?"

 


Yuri's eyes widen. Did she saw the notes? Did she found it? Yuri covers in disbelief. Tears are forming up in her eyelids. Now our friendship is going to end... Yuri closes her eyes, allowing her tears to escape.

 

"HEY, WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!" Yena who panics grabs Yuri's shoulder and eyes her warily. Yuri can feel her heart tightens. This might be the last time she cares about me.

 

"I-I'm sorry." Yuri manages to slips the words out even though her body is trembling horribly. Yuri opens her eyes slowly to meet Yena's worried gaze. "For what?" Yena voice softens as she wants to calm the girl down. Before Yuri manages to answers her, Yena asks her first. "For liking me?" Yuri hastily nods her head and cuts her eye contact with Yena, looking away.

 

"Jjoyul, I..." Yena sighs and cups Yuri's face. Yuri was expecting a rejection coming ahead. Yena suddenly pushes Yuri to the wall and moves her face closer before she a few inches from Yuri's face. Yuri's tears falling down like a stream.

 

Yena will hate me after this.

 

Yena will distance herself from me after this.

 

Yena will te-

 

Yuri's thoughts immediately disappear when Yena grabs her neck and connects their lips together. Yuri's eyes widen. YENA KISSING ME? Yena pulls away after a few seconds and stares deeply into Yuri's orbs.

 

"I love you, Jo Yuri."

 

Yena softly wipes all the tears on Yuri's face using her thumbs. Yuri's mouth and eyes are wide-open in disbelief. She loves me too?! Choi Yena?! She cups her own face, trying to calm herself down.

 

"Hey..." Not going to lie, Yuri's heart flutters when Yena's soft voice reaches her ears. She can feel Yena grabbing her wrists carefully. She lets Yena pulls them away, allowing both of them to faces each other. She senses Yena's eyes drops from her eyes to her lips. Unknown but comfortable warmth starts creeping up into her face. Yena smiles to her makes her heart throbbing faster than it can be. Her heart beats faster as Yena inches closer to her, leaving about a few inches before their lips can meet each other. 

 

"I love you."

 

The other girl didn't stir so Yena moves yet another inch closer, tilting her head ever so slightly.

 

Yuri's eyes closed when Yena's lips touch hers. Yena let go of Yuri's wrists to slips hers into Yuri's waist and grabs Yuri's cheek. Yuri slowly slips her hands and wraps them around Yena's neck when she feels Yena's lips part before capturing her upper lip. She reacted timidly, taking Yena's lower lip in between her own. 

 

Yena pulls back after that, leaving the kiss as a brief and tender one. 

 

She slowly opens her eyes and greeted by the view of flushed-face Yuri, with her eyes closed and her lips still pucker cutely.

 

I thought you never feel the same... I guess I'm wrong all this time.

 

Yena smiles and kisses her again, letting their lips touch each other's a bit longer than the first one before she, again, being the first one to pulls back.

 

They both stay in silence, calming themselves down but the glow in their eyes and the tiny, shy smiles on their faces has said enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile....

 

Minju covers in awe as she witnessed herself how her both cowardly friends just literally kiss in front of her and Yujin. Her stare at the kissing girls didn't last long when her own girlfriend pushes her to the wall and kisses her deeply. Yujin sneaks her hand on Minju's neck and brushes her defined jaw using her other hand. Minju who was shocked slowly closes her eyes and reciprocates the kiss, grabbing Yujin's uniform tightly. 

 

 

THE END