Impression.

Friends or not.

8yrs apart. YeonSeok knows it’s a t*aboo but he’s very much attracted to JiWon. Be it her beauty or her personality, she’ll go far. He can see that. Unlike girls of her age, she’s more solemn. She does not enjoy the present without thinking of the future. Boys in her school caught up with her but their start up line fails miserably. She couldn’t start a proper conversation with any yet. She was casted for a role in a horror movie. She made it through after several rounds of audition. During the script reading introduction, she met him. She likes his gentle smiles even though he still behaves like a kid around the site staffs. JiWon realized she’d been observing him. She went to the extent to search on his relationship status. But YeonSeok rarely speaks to her. The most, only when they are in their character, during filming. She noticed he shifted his sight away quickly when her eyes fall on his. She reckons she’s not particularly in his prefrence book. A feeling she felt foreign. Her heart aches. She’s feeling down on the assumption he didn’t like her as a person much.

JiWon took a step back, to nurse her cracked heart. YeonSeok saw the difference in her. She no longer search for him. Her eyes not shining as bright when they met his. She ate in fasten speed and moved away subtlety whenever he took the seat next to her during meals. His heart clenched when younger boys around her age makes her smile. The kids talked about her. They want to be the one to see her beautiful smile. During the wrap up party, he stayed close to her. “Are you following me YeonSeok xi?” His presence was affecting her. Her heart still pounds for him. “Are you avoiding me JiWon xi?” He took the chance to ask. “You wanted this, right? Why ask me.” Her statement confuse him. “I’m a few steps behind you. How can this be considered avoiding?” They were in their own world, clearing the misunderstandings between them. She’s a sensitive young lady, he needs to watch her vulnerability. They had continuous interaction throughout dinner. Pictures shows their shoulders rubbing, his arms around her at certain group photos.

They met a few more times for the movie promotions. YeonSeok asked for her personal number. She gave him without second thoughts. Her clear orbs he could stare right through her soul. He bought her flowers when she graduated from university. It’s been 2 years from the day he first met her. They text each other daily and chat whenever possible. No, they are not a couple. He didn’t ask. She didn’t probe. They are comfortable like this, for now. He volunteered to pick her when she shared her Uni mates forced the entire class to celebrate the first step to society with alcohol. He guides her into the passenger seat when he saw her alone by the club entrance. She drank more than she could handle. She’s feeling light headed. She falls in and out of her sleep during the journey home. She woke up by the sun the next day not remembering anything.

“He’s charming.” Her mom gave her a wink at the dining table. “He’s old.” Her dad frown at his wife. JiWon finally recalled who took her home. “Your dad likes him.” She was surprised at her moms revelation when she whispered into her ears. He’d carried her petite frame to her bed. She fits perfectly in his arms. He met her parents. They invited him to stay for tea. He obliged. “You like her?” Her dad’s question chocked him as he took a sip of his tea. He apologised at his clumsiness and arranged his posture. “Yes uncle. I like your daughter, very much. I know I’m too old for her. I have no ill intention.” YeonSeok explained. He understands her parents' curiousity. Which man will pick a girl up if he has no interest in her. The awkward silence lingered. “What are you waiting for?” He looked towards the voice belonging to JiWon’s graceful mother. She’s smiling at him with so much warmth. He saw the elder man rolled his eyes at his wife. “Silly boy. If you like her, let her know. Before it’s too late. You know.... this fello here is 10yrs my senior. We met when he’s a part time teacher at my high school. Of course, we only started dating when I’m in university. Look where we are now. JiWon has graduated. It’s her own decision and choice if you worry about our opinions...”

YeonSeok eye's widen every passing seconds by the words from the mother of the woman he loves. “Thank you for the kind advise. I will pull up my socks to give her all the happiness in the world.” His words were sincere. The folks looked at one another and acknowledged their acceptance to the young man. [YeonSeok xi, sorry for causing you trouble. My parents gave me an earful. Thank you for bringing me home safe. Have a nice day ahead.] JiWon sent a text over. Flipping her body back to her bed, she stared at the ceiling. She can’t recall anything. She’s most afraid if she’d revealed her innermost secret. Her feelings for him. [Are you feeling ok? You look exhausted yesterday. Your parents care, don’t worry about me. Just let me know if you ever have such events. I’ll pick you up, to be safe.] His reply almost instant. She’s glad there’s nothing strange in his message. [I slept throughout and probably will for the rest of the day. Once again, thank you.] She kept it minimal, not wanting to delve in his offer too much. YeonSeok decided to make his move.

He’s unsure if she feels the same but he got to try at least. He didn’t want to have any regrets. He wants to move on from her already. He can’t take it if she starts dating some guy. The thought of that hurts. [JiWon xi, are you free this Thursday? Do you want to watch a movie?] They have never went out together before. [Oh. I have a schedule on that day. How about Wednesday? Are we going to watch at a cinema? Will that catch paparazzi’s attention? Your drama recently broadcasted. You’ll be affected if there’s negative news.] He grinned. She’s willing to spend time with him yet worry about his career too. [Are you comfortable watching at my place? I have pretty good sound systems. In this way, we both will not be embroiled in any news. Of course unless unfortunately caught us in my car driving us into my residence.] He has been picking and sending over the years. The latter does not affect her. [You’ll be careful, right? Your car is well tinted. My mom worry about you more. She says her daughter bites. I’ve informed my parents. They’re fine with the idea too.] He cleaned the house, filled up the fridge, stacked the snacks cupboard and head to pick her. “Were you in a rush? Your hair is still wet..” He asked when she got into the passenger seat by his side. Her freshly showered scent flowed freely within his car. He’s mesmerised by her, more each day.