Chapter 2

Us.

"The charity event is confirmed to be happening in the next three weeks. I have phoned the principal of the orphanage and she had accepted our proposal. She agreed to have us over." Jooheon, the President of the Student Council announced to his fellow committee members.

"I will share the list of members of this event and each of their roles in our group chat. Give me a second" Pres said.

"Gosh, i get nervous everytime there's an event. Please let me have an easy role" Jiyeon thought to herself. Just then, her phone vibrated. The list is shared. She opened the pdf file and started searching for her name. "Head of the gift and souvenir unit. Phew, that's quite alright. There are 4 people under me, 2 girls 2 guys. Hana, Eunmi, Minho and Dawon"

"The volunteers I asked all of you to find last week are put under random units so be sure to remember their names. We'll have another meeting tomorrow with everyone in the library auditorium at 5pm. Don't be late." Pres then dismissed us.

The time was 4.50pm and Jiyeon was relieved that the meeting didn't take that long. She remembered she had some books to return to the library so she headed there. The library was in a walking distance as it is located just across her faculty. Being a student in the Faculty of Science is convenient. There's an ATM machine and a convenient store nearby too.

In the library, Jiyeon went straight to the front desk and returned the books she borrowed. While waiting for the librarian to finish scanning the books she returned, she noticed someone standing beside her, holding two books. She didn't look at the person but instead at the books that person was holding, Jiyeon silently thought, "Physics, ergh."

Minho was on his way to the front desk to borrow some Physics books when he noticed the girl at the cafeteria earlier walking towards the desk. He stopped on his track for a few seconds and continued walking until he reached the desk, standing a couple of feet away fromthe girl. He looked down at the girl beside him and saw her staring at the cover of the books he's holding. "What is she thinking about?" Minho wondered.

"Alright, all good." The librarian said, pulling Jiyeon and Minho out of their thoughts. Jiyeon nodded and smiled politely at the librarian. She turned and was startled when her name was loudly called from afar, "Jiyeon!" The person called and waved. It was Kihyun.
The libarian at the front desk gave him a stern look and hushed him. "Ahh, sorry sorry." Kihyun bowed and apologized to the librarian.

Kihyun stood in front of Jiyeon. "What is wrong with you?" Jiyeon whispered, annoyed. They were still standing close to the desk, so Minho can somehow hear them talking.

"Hey, sorry. I saw you and I got excited. Why did you leave so soon? I was looking for you." Kihyun said.

"I just wanted to return some books. Why were you looking for me?" Jiyeon asked, tilting her head to the side. It's a habit of hers whenever she thinks and wonders about something.

Kihyun rubbed the back of his neck, "Oh, nothing. I forgot why." Jiyeon shook her head, "You're strange." Jiyeon started walking towards the exit, Kihyun followed suit. At the same time, Minho was done scanning the books he wanted to borrow and looked behind at the girl and the guy. "Jiyeon?" Minho smiled and went back to his spot in the library to get his backpack.

Kibum is still there downloading his third movie. "Hey, I'm leaving. You staying here longer?" Minho asked his friend.
"Nah, I'll leave after this. You go ahead. Don't forget we have that charity meeting tomorrow" Kibum reminded.
"Yeah, okay. Chow." Minho saluted.

Minho exited the library and was surprised to see the girl hasn't left yet. She was alone this time, leaning against a wall, talking on the phone. There was a bench near her so he went and sat there, pretending to look at his phone.

"I'll be late, mom. I have a meeting tomorrow at 5pm. I'm afraid it'll finish rather late." Minho heard her say.
"It's about that charity event I told you about? I'm the head of the gift unit, I can't skip the meeting, mom." Jiyeon continued.

"Charity meeting at 5pm? Gift unit?" Minho thought. Flashback to a few hours ago when Minho got a text informing that his volunteer application had been approved and he was put under the gift unit. He didn't want to take part in this but Kibum forced him. Minho put two and two together and figured. He widens his eyes, "Is this fate or a coincidence?" He thought. He noticed Jiyeon had hung up. He took a deep breath and mustered up the courage to talk to her.

Trying to act natural, Minho said, "Oh, you're a part of the charity event too? Ah, sorry, i overheard you talking to the phone"

Jiyeon looked to her side, "Oh, it's alright. And, yes I'm a part of it. You too?" She asked while thinking that this guy she's talking to right now looked familiar, but she can't seem to remember from where.

Minho smiled, "Yes, I'm in the gift unit." Minho excitedly waited for her reaction. "No way. I'm the head of that unit. What a concidence!" Jiyeon smiled widely. Then, her memory came back to her and reminded her where she saw this guy. Jiyeon immediately said, "I remember now. You were at the cafeteria this afternoon, right?"

Minho shyly replied, "Yeah, that was me. I'm Minho by the way. At your service, Ma'am" Minho bowed down his head a bit.

Jiyeon chuckled, "Nice to meet you, Minho. I'm Jiyeon." She went and sit on the bench next to Minho. She continued, "I'm happy that i got to meet one of my team members before the meeting. I get nervous in front of new people. At least now that i know you, I'll be less nervous."

"Don't you worry. I'll crack a joke if things get too awkward." Minho said jokingly. Jiyeon laughed, "That'd be wonderful." A car honked catching both of their attention. "Oops, my ride is here. See you tomorrow, then." Jiyeon stood, ready to leave.

Minho stood too, "Okay, yeah. See you tomorrow. Bye, Jiyeon." Jiyeon smiled, "Bye." She jogged towards the car and got in.

Minho sat back down, smiling like a fool. Guess he's not mad at Kibum for forcing him to volunteer for this event anymore.