2: Sharon

Last Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight is the night that Heechul has been excited about. We will hangout at Jennie's house which means, he will get to spend time with Momo.

"Wonwoo you are going with Heechul right? Mina are you going with him too?" Jennie asked me and I nodded.

"How about you two? I can give you a ride if you want to or you can go with these three" She said pointing at us. There's a huge smile plastered on Heechul's face. 

"We'll go with Mina!" Sana said excitedly as she cling on to my arm. 

"Let's go" 

The whole ride is just so awkward. Heechul's been trying to flirt with Momo the whole time and it's starting to get uncomfortable. Wonwoo being the gentleman he is, tried to joke or tell a story to ease the awkwardness which somehow worked. 

I was sitting between the twins and I could really see how Sana have been trying her best not to beat the crap out of Heechul and how scared Momo is. They've been holding my hands the whole time.

"Are you guys still okay?" Jennie asked. They were all drunk thanks to the beer pong that Nayeon suggested to play. The twins and I didn't even taste any alcohol while Jennie and Wonwoo only had a few drinks knowing this would happen.

"I'll drive them home. I'll use Heechul's car" I told Jennie who is busy taking care of Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo. 

"You can drive?!" Jennie asked surprised. 

"I-I... I just got a license" I shyly said. Let's just say there are things that I don't really hide but I just don't tell them.

"These three will stay here. Wonwoo are you going with them?" 

"No. My brother will fetch me. He's few blocks away from here anyways, I'll just help them with Heechul" Wonwoo said as he tried his best to carry Heechul on his back. 

"Keep safe okay?" Wonwoo said after he placed Heechul on the backseat and put on his seat belt.

---

Since Heechul's apartment is the farthest which was almost 2 hours drive, we decided to drive him home first, then the twins and I'll just take home the car with me and return it to Heechul tomorrow. We don't have work tomorrow anyways.

"You can sleep" I laughed as I saw Momo trying her best not to fall as sleep sitting at the passenger seat while Sana is already sleeping at the back. Heechul's already home. His brother helped us to bring him inside their home since he's really drunk and can't even stand alone.

"No, you are just not talking to me that's why I got sleepy" She whined. I actually didn't talk to her. How could I knowing Heechul's reason on why he got drunk. I just feel so guilty. I don't know. 

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked her. She looked at me with a smile on her face.

"Why aren't you talking that much? You are always quiet but funny" She giggled.

"Why are you only talking to me and Sana?" I teasingly asked her back.

"You haven't answered my question" 

"I never said that I'll answer" She sighed in frustration. I laughed. 

"I can never make you open up can't I?" Her question made me think. I just realized that I have changed. If this was a year ago, I would probably told her everything she wants to know. But I have changed, I'm slowly going back to my old self which was cold and distant. I can't let that happen can't I?

"But I've told you things that no one knows about me" I looked at her and gave a smile. She looked at me confused.

"The singing thing?" She asked and I just nodded. 

"I'm only comfortable with you. I mean, it's weird but you are someone that I think I can rely on" She said answering my question. I hummed in response not really knowing how to respond but in the end, I ended up answering her question. It's just fair right?

"My parents have told me to be careful with my words because anyone can use it against me. It may not seem like it but I have a sharp tongue" I pauses for a moment and take a look at her. She's looking at me waiting for me to continue. Her gaze are so innocent like I could say anything to her and she wouldn't judge me even a little bit. 

"When I was younger it wasn't really a problem since I'm shy and reserved but as I grow up, I realized that sometimes people needed to be slap with the truth. That's where everything messed up. I've heard things against my parents saying that they have failed raising a good daughter." I once again pauses. There's just things in my mind that I couldn't just say. How could I even explain everything without the worry she might not talk to me again after knowing how messed up am I?

"After that you stop talking?" I laughed at her silly question.

"Nope. I just got conscious. I realized how powerful words are. It can hurt you and you can hurt other people with it. Let's just say, since I became more aware now, I also became more careful"

"You are a good daughter. You are a good person Myoi don't you ever forget that" She moved closer and placed a hand on my arm. 

"You just don't know it yet but I'm a monster Hirai" I tried to intimidate her but it never worked on her. She just always giggled then lightly slap me on my arm.

---

It's 9 o'clock in the morning and I'm stuck in this cafe with Heechul and his hangover. I took a sip of my latte silently swearing at Heechul for waking me up so early. 

"What did I do last night?" He asked me. At this state, I was so sure he can't remember a thing.

"As usual, messed up" I was so disappointed and was so annoyed at him. 

"What exactly did I do?" A lot. Man, a lot.

"You made Momo uncomfortable the whole night. Sana almost killed you. You said things that you are not supposed to. Lastly, most of our friends are disappointed in you. In short, you ed up big time" I rarely swear only at times like this when I feel like it's need to slap some sense on the person I'm talking to.

"I'm sorry..I'm just... I'm just so desperate for her to like me" I could see his frustration. He is really desperate.

"It's just so that she didn't like me but loves you to death-" 

"Woah.. Woah! Stop right there! Really? Are we going through this again? Stop dragging me to this mess I have nothing to do with this" I glared at him.

"She loves you I can see it in her eyes. And you are such a great actress Mina, I couldn't really see any emotions from you which by the way" This loser kept on saying this to me. 

"If she likes me then so what? You'll beat the crap out of me?" If whatever he is saying is true, then it would be a problem. Though Heechul have admitted it to himself that he's a loser, he is still a prideful man. 

"Then I'll accept you" He looked at me sincerely.

I was taken a back. I haven't really thought about Momo liking me or me liking Momo. It's just so weird since right from the start I have known Heechul's feelings for Momo. I've been so cautious on talking with her since I know falling for her is definitely not an option but then there's a part of me saying that Kim Heechul doesn't deserve her. Not even a strand of her hair. 

"You two looked good together anyways. Momo smiles more when she's with you. She showed you sides of her which I think, Sana didn't even know. Well who wouldn't like you? You're Myoi Mina. God must've been showing off when he made you" He said defeated. 

"Is that the kind of man you are? You're giving up just like that? You haven't even confess to her. Now you are giving up just because of your theory that she likes me?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"She LIKES you. Aren't you even listening to me Mina? How could I even confess when I've already lost in the first place? Plus, I know you will take good care of her" 

"If that's your mindset then you don't really deserve her. Stop using me as an excuse for your cowardness. Stop seeing me as your rival. I don't want anything to do with her in the first place. You are the one who put me in this situation. Blame your stupidity not me"

---

I've been thinking about everything that Heechul told me the other day and it's getting on my nerves. Things are getting way too complicated and I just wish it won't get worse. Heechul was getting too attached to Momo to the point that he's starting to get obsessed with her. I already stopped helping him when I noticed this but then ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter