1: Twins

Last Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The day you hold her, You will feel as if you are carrying the world and all the beauty in it.

She is tender and innocent, yet tough and full of fire"

Love. I don't know exactly what love is. I don't think I will ever wanted to know. I don't know if it's love, but there this one time that I decided to take a risk and I regretted everything. I don't know if it's love, it was a blur all I can remember was chaos, hatred, anger and pain. 

"Mina come on, help me with her" Heechul, my bestfriend, snatched the book that I was reading. I glared at him but then can't stay mad when I saw how desperate he looked. 

"Just talk to her. I don't want anything to do with this" I said as I crossed my arms. I'm shy. I'm awkward. As much as possible I would do anything to avoid socializing with other people.

"But the twins like you" He sighed defeatedly as he sat beside me. 

"I don't like them" I said as I snatched my book back. 

"I'll buy you a book if you help me" He's that desperate? I don't really talk to the twins. I only talked to them once or twice. Heck, I didn't even know who's who.

"As much as I want to help you but I think you are asking the wrong person. I've been here for a few months and I can't still tell them apart"

I'm not good with people, not just by socializing with them but also in recognizing them. I don't know why but I have to see the person everyday for atleast 2 weeks before I could recognize their face. There are times that I know their face but never their name. I don't really know if I'm dumb or what but I'm just really bad at recognizing people.

"They don't even look a like. Sana's face is rounder and she's also taller than Momo" His face lightens up as she mentioned the name 'Momo'

"Please, Mina please, I'll do anything just please help me with her" 

And this, is where it all started...

---

My father is a top surgeon and my mother is a lawyer. Our family is well known in our city. I'm working as a draftsman at the city hall since my relatives are also well known in politics. As much as I hated it since I know that it will gather some unwanted attention but it's too late. My parents already submitted my resume and all I need to do is go there for an interview which I passed easily not really sure if it's because of my 'honest & smart answers or  because of my parent's 'connections'. 

The first few days are really tough as expected employees really went to our office just to see 'Myoui Akira's daughter'. The twins are not exemption, they didn't really asked about my father but asked about my mother instead. This is why I don't really talk to them I wanted them to know me by my name and not anyone's daughter. 

It's been a week since the last time I talked to Heechul about the twins. I decided to help him but doesn't really have a chance to talk to them since we are all working in different departments. 

I was walking towards the waiting area in the parking lot waiting for Heechul since he told me that he will give me a ride everyday for the exchange of some information about her crush.

I sighed as I walked slowly. I hurted my knee so bad that is why I'm literally dragging myself to the bench. The distance between our office and the parking lot bench is isn't that far but blame my injured knee for making it so hard for me.

"Tired?" The girl beside me asked as she giggled. I recognized her as one of the twins but not sure who. I didn't even waste time to take a guess since I know it would be impossible to get the right answer anyways and as if I have the guts to ask her if she's Sana or Momo. 

"Super. I think I've passed my limit" I joked as if I'm the most hard working person that day. I'm actually diverting her attention away from my injury since she's been eyeing my knee for a while now which actually work since she changed the topic instead. 

I never thought I would be comfortable with her considering how awkward I am as a person but I think it's because she's weird too that's why it doesn't bother me. It's weird how our conversation went from our ages, to our bloodtypes, to our birthdays just anything actually.

"Hey" Her sister tapped her on her shoulder as she greeted me with a big smile. She quickly grabbed her things and bowed at me before leaving. She was casual awhile ago what's with the sudden formality?

After a few minutes Heechul arrived in front of me. The ride was as usual, it's all him doing the talking since I'm more of a listener than the talker. 

"I've talked to her. Well, I'm really not sure if it's her but she talked to me first" I told him but he said it's definitely Sana and not Momo. 

"I'm 100% sure it's Sana. Momo is shy and reserved. She's not the kind of person who will talk to you first" He explained. 

"I think it's Momo though" 

"How did you know?"

"I just wanted it to be Momo." I shrugged. Momo. What a cute name.

--

It's Momo. This time I was so sure it's Momo. I've seen Sana earlier and she's wearing her uniform. The girl in front of me is just wearing her casual clothes. I've taped my knee this time which helped a lot since my knee isn't that painful anymore. I smiled as I sat beside her.

"Tired?" She giggled. I looked at her confused. I thought it's Sana that I talked to yesterday? Heechul was sure of it. 

"Hmmm" I pretended as if I was thinking what to answer but I'm actually confused if it's Sana or Momo that I've talked to yesterday. 

"No" I answered. She laughed and didn't say anything more which made me way more confused. 

It's like a deja vu her sister came then Heechul arrived few minutes they left.

--

This time I was so determined. I'll do my best to help Heechul. Just like the past few days, I decided to go to the waiting area but this time earlier than the twins. Heechul has been a great help for me since I'm new at my job. He taught me a lot of things and guided me eventhough we are working on the different department. 

"Hi" She greeted. Though it took me a long while, I recognize her now. This one is Momo. Sana is prettier but Momo is cuter. Right, that's the way I would put it.

Again, we talked for a few moments before Sana and Heechul came. It became a routine, us talking while waiting. Everyday I knew her a little bit more. 

"We broke up" Heechul said as soon as I entered his car my jaw dropped. 

"What?! Broke up?" I asked him confused.

"My girlfriend" He's referring to her obsessed girlfriend or should I say ex? 

"Wait- I thought you two broke up months ago that's why I'm helping you with Momo" I said really confused. Let's just say we're bestfriends but we still like to keep secrets and we don't really interfere with each other's business unless we really have to so this is a shocker.

"We did but we got back together. And about Momo, I'm just joking about her" He smiled playfully. I wanted to beat the hell out of him but before I could even do that he stopped me by saying "I did that for you to get yourself some friends" 

I'm not sure if I would thank him or not but Momo seems to be a genuine person. I mean, she never really asked me about my family or the so called 'Myoui's wealth'. She just asked me about weird things like, what superpowers I would want to have or what is love like?. Just weird and random things.

--

"What's with you and your jackets, hoodies and longsleeves? It's summer" Jeongyeon, one of my officemate asked me. 

Honestly, I don't know how to answer that question. Not because I don't know the answer but because not everyone will understand. I hate it when someone touches me skin to skin. I've alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter