Best Friends

Meant to Be...

In the year of their sixth birthdays, the mornings had become boring for Jaejoong, but by the time Yunho entered middle school, the bunny hybrid didn't know what to do with the entirety of his days. Even though he was able to do the other's homework with him and also went to tutoring courses with Yunho, he had learned to hate school for Yunho. He didn't know what to do with all of his spare time alone, so he had started to mess up his sleeping schedule at some point. He was less active during the days but therefore could stay up easily when everyone else was getting tired.

One day, Yunho came back home early. Jaejoong only made it to the living room door while Jihye behind him hadn't even quite gotten up from her playing area and their current nanny was also still seated when Yunho already barged into the room, calling for his mother at the same time. Jaejoong could sense and see that the other was incredibly excited and also a little anxious, his ears twitching a little. Whatever it was that the other was excited about, it was contagious and it caused Jaejoong's heart to flutter in his chest. However, it was only when all five of them were in the room that Yunho finally spoke up.

“Mommy, we're going on a class trip to Mokpo!”

“Oh, you are? When will you guys leave?” she asked and held her hand out. Yunho dutifully gave her the piece of paper that he had brought along into the room and they all watched for a while as their mother skimmed over the paper. “You're leaving in mid June?”

Yunho nodded impatiently, the words tumbling out of his mouth, “Mommy, can I take Jaejoongie along?”

The woman frowned. “Honey, I don't think this would be a normal thing to do, would it?”

“Keep on reading, hybrids are mentioned somewhere in there! Our teacher also said that there's a chance for us to take someone along if we tell him this week.”

“Didn't he rather refer to another adult who can watch you guys?”

“I don't care! Can't we try at least? I want to take Jae along!”

"Why don't you want to take me along?" Jihye asked with a small pout, but the nanny quickly distracted her and left the room with her.

“Jaejoong doesn't even know your class mates," their mother reasoned in a gentle voice. "He'll feel left out. And you know he's not good with new situations.”

“But Jae also doesn't like to be on his own, so I will be there to protect him.” When their mother still didn't seem too happy about the offer, Yunho intertwined his hands and begged to their mother, “Mommy, pleeeaaase? I really want to take Jae to Mokpo! I'm sure he'll like it!”

Slightly giving in to Yunho's begging eyes, their mother turned towards the bunny hybrid. “Jaejoong, do you have any interest in going to Mokpo with Yunho?” Jaejoong nodded softly at the question directed towards him. “Alright. Yunho, I'll talk about this with your father. This is not a permission, remember that? Your father and I have to talk about this thoroughly and after that we'll also have to talk to your teacher. Do you understand that?”

“Yes, mommy,” Yunho replied with a bright smile. “But just because you're not saying 'yes' yet doesn't mean this is a 'no'!” He turned to Jaejoong who couldn't help but grin back at Yunho. Even though they had already gone on family vacations, a class trip and being only with Yunho and his class mates sounded like a lot of fun! At the same time, that thought also made him nervous – it meant he would spend a lot of time being physically close to people he had never met before.

 

The next Friday afternoon, Jaejoong and Yunho found themselves seated in the hallway of Yunho's school while their parents talked to his teacher.

“Do you hear what they're saying?” Yunho asked after a couple of seconds of silence.

The two boys looked at each other, but Jaejoong had to shake his head. “No, I don't… This building must have been constructed really well…” He pouted, wishing he could somehow hear the words said in the other room. Jaejoong was impatient to know whether he would or wouldn't be allowed to accompany Yunho on his class trip. Now that the day of the decision was there, he was equally afraid of both options: that he could go along or that he had to stay at home without Yunho for a while. Jaejoong looked down again, wondering what he had gotten himself into, when the other took his hand, simply holding it.

“How was your day?” the bunny hybrid asked eventually because he hadn't seen Yunho that day since he had left for school.

“It was fine. I got a lot of homework to do over the weekend, though...” He sighed and leaned back in his chair. “Don't they know we all also want to spend our time at home thinking about something other than school? I want to come home and have time to play with you again, just like we used to… Why does middle school have to be so stressful?”

They were quiet for a couple of seconds in which Jaejoong didn't know how to answer, but eventually, he spoke up, “Why don't we start doing your homework now? Then maybe we'll have some time off on Sunday.”

Yunho sighed once again, but he nevertheless grabbed his school bag and took out some of his books. “Alright. But don't complain later on, okay?”

“I won't,” Jaejoong promised and leaned closer to the other so that he could read properly.

They had already started answering the questions, talking about what would be the best way to answer which part, when the door to the teacher's room was opened and a man whom Jaejoong hadn't met before stood in the doorway. The two boys instantly got up and bowed towards the man. Jaejoong made sure to stand a little behind Yunho, more or less using the other as a shield from the unknown man.

“You must be Jaejoong,” the man observed and the bunny hybrid nodded. “I am Mr. Kim, Yunho's home-room teacher. Please come in, you two.”

Jaejoong waited until Yunho had put all of his items into his bag, then he followed him into the room. They got two chairs and sat down with Yunho's parents, impatiently waiting for what was to come next.

The teacher sat down as well and took some time studying Jaejoong until the hybrid fidgeted on his chair who only calmed down a little by Yunho's hand finding his. The bunny hybrid looked down, not sure how to behave, until the teacher spoke up, “Jaejoong, Yunho… You two aren't making things easy. I already told your parents, Yunho, that I wouldn't recommend taking a hybrid along on a class trip, especially not a bunny hybrid. You might not be aware of it, but bunny hybrids are generally… more difficult than others. They are easily scared and not as easygoing with other people as cat or dog hybrids would be. Jaejoong doesn't know your class mates and from what I've been told, he also doesn't know Mokpo, so taking him along would be very risky. You two are only twelve years old.”

“It's fine, sir. I'll take responsibility for him,” Yunho replied and Jaejoong could hear the sincerity in the other's voice.

“So you'll take responsibility if he panics and runs away? You'll take responsibility if something happens to Jaejoong? You'll take responsibility if your class mates overwhelm him or start to and try to touch his ears, which I am sure they will at least try?”

Before the teacher could continue asking away, Yunho jumped in, “I wouldn't let anyone touch Jae's bunny ears and he wouldn't allow it either. And as long as I am with him, I will protect him and he knows that so he wouldn't panic.”

Teacher Kim sighed and shook his head. “Yunho, you're only twelve years old. How do you think you alone can take care of a hybrid no one but you knows?”

“We have a project day soon, don't we? Why can't Jae come along so he could meet the others? He always does my homework with me, so there's no need to worry about him not understanding the material. And as you said, he's a bunny hybrid, so he's mostly quiet and wouldn't disturb anyone. Then the others will know him, too, and he'll know the others a little, so there's even less of a reason for him to panic – which he won't. And I know I can take care of him because I always have. I understand him.”

“Yunho, it's not that easy.”

“But it is!”

“Yunho,” their father interrupted him in a warning tone and Jaejoong flinched. He felt uncomfortable sitting next to his best friend and brother, knowing the other was fighting over and for him while he himself couldn't take a stand. He, too, was certain he would panic, but since he hadn't had a lot of contact with other hybrids during the past few years, he hadn't known bunny hybrids were that much more difficult than others. He didn't feel like he was all that difficult.

“Sir?” he spoke up quietly, shrinking in his chair when everyone looked at him in response. Jaejoong cleared his throat before he was certain he could speak again. “Yunho is right. As long as I'm with him, I'm fine. Maybe we're young, but he knows how to help me calm down. He always has.”

He looked down when the teacher kept on watching him and tightened his grip on Yunho's hand. If he had known things would get this complicated, he would have simply said that he didn't feel like joining them on their trip to Mokpo!

Eventually, the teacher sighed. “The project is next week on Wednesday. I want to see you there and I'll have an eye on you. If I notice anything I don't like, you will not get my permission to come along. And we'll have a talk after the project so I can tell you my conclusion and explain it to you two, okay?” He sounded defeated and at the same time determined as if he was waiting for that day to be his chance to tell them Jaejoong wouldn't be allowed to come along. The hybrid shrank even more in his seat, but he nodded nevertheless. Yunho next to him was a lot more enthusiastic.

“Thank you! I promise we won't let you down! No, we will surprise you by how good of a team we are!” he declared and Jaejoong knew the other was grinning and already feeling triumphant even though all they were given was a chance – or maybe a trial.

“We'll talk again next week,” the teacher simply repeated. When everyone else stood up, Jaejoong did the same and bowed deep along with Yunho.

“Thank you, seonsaengnim,” they all bid their goodbyes and left the room.

 

The drive back was quiet and so was their meal afterwards. Jaejoong felt the tension in the air while he tried his best to go through the class material with Yunho and learn a little about every one of the other's class mates in hopes that it would make him relax a little more about the following Wednesday. They did the homework together and continued to talk deep into the night, making up situations that could happen and how they would react to them.

On Wednesday, Jaejoong was incredibly nervous and couldn't eat much as they got ready in the morning and then were driven to school as to not expose him to the full busses.

“Today will be about science, won't it?”

“Yes.”

“And you said I really will understand everything?”

“Jaejoong, calm down. Sometimes you understand my homework better than I do. How would you not understand our topic today if you understand my homework and also the stuff we do in class?”

“That's true… But what if I take longer in understanding it or I'll understand it wrong? Yun, that did already happen!”

Yunho next to him simply laughed. “That won't happen. You're just nervous, Jae.”

“I know.” The bunny hybrid pouted. He knew he never had troubles understanding what Yunho was doing in school, but he was nevertheless anxious. What if they wouldn't accept him? There were so many things that could still go wrong…

He spent the rest of the drive holding on to Yunho's hand tightly while looking outside the front window. When they arrived at the school and walked through the long hallways to the lockers and then to Yunho's classroom, everything seemed too loud and too full to Jaejoong and nothing seemed to get better when they entered the room. Tables had been organized to stand in small groups and Yunho confidently went to one of them where one other boy was already seated. “Changmin-ah!”

The boy looked up, smiling at the sight of them. “Yunho-hyung, Jaejoong-hyung! Good morning.”

Jaejoong bowed lightly towards the other, looking around uncomfortably. He could tell everything was still comparably empty since they had arrived early, but judging by the number of chairs around, the room would be packed once everyone was there. “Good morning,” the two newcomers replied and Yunho sat down, pulling Jaejoong to sit on the chair next to him.

Changmin leaned forward. “It's such a pleasure to finally meet you, Jaejoong! Yunho-hyung has already told us so much about you!”

Jaejoong looked at his best friend in surprise, flattered but also a little insecure. “You have?”

Yunho nodded with a proud smile. “Only good things, of course! There's nothing else I could tell anyone, after all.”

Jaejoong blushed and looked down shyly, mumbling a “Thank you” in embarrassement.

“So you'll come with us to Mokpo if today goes well?” Changmin asked further and Jaejoong nodded in response. “That's cool! I really hope you'll make it! It would be really cool if you could join us!”

“Thank you,” the hybrid said once again and flashed Changmin a timid smile. He was a little more at ease knowing at least one of Yunho's friends accepted him and was kind to him. Yunho had already revealed the other two might a little but would also be very curious about him. Jaejoong really hoped he'd nevertheless get along with them!

As the time progressed, the room slowly filled with more students and Jaejoong realized again that he was indeed the only hybrid around. Apparently the way they usually did it, that he only accompanied Yunho to his tutoring lessons, was more normal than hybrids going to school. Yunho's other class mates glanced at him curiously, but none of them said anything against him and only few dared to come closer and ask him questions.

Eventually, the teacher entered the class and shortly after he was done getting prepared, the school bell rang, making the bunny hybrid who had not expected that noise jump.

“Good morning, class.”

“Good morning, teacher Kim,” everyone around Jaejoong answered.

“As many of you have probably already noticed, someone special joins us today and maybe even on our class trip. Jaejoong?” the teacher announced and looked at the hybrid expectantly.

When everyone else also turned their attention to him, Jaejoong's eyes widened and his heart rate picked up once again as panic began to flood him. Why was everyone watching him? Why did it have to be like this?

Next to him, Yunho stood up and gently pulled him along until both of them were standing. Jaejoong's eyes flickered around the room and he held on to his shirt tightly since Yunho's hand seemed to be out of reach for him at that moment.

“Please meet Jaejoong. He's my hybrid brother and the person I'm closest to, that's why I would love to take him along to our class trip. Teacher Kim decided that he should come along today so everyone can get to know each other. Please take good care of Jae,” Yunho introduced him and bowed lightly, so the bunny hybrid followed his example.

“Thank you for having me.”

“Hello, Jaejoong,” the class answered and they could sit down again, then the teacher spoke up, grabbing everyone's attention once more. Jaejoong, too, gratefully looked towards the board as the teacher went on by explaining what they would do that day.

Things went better afterwards. Yunho's friends and his teacher were impressed to find out Jaejoong could easily follow along during the group projects and there were lively conversations going on at their table at all times. Jaejoong discovered that he got along well with Yunho's friends and that he could talk to them easily once he was relaxed enough. The room continued to be too loud for him, though, and by the time they were free to go on their lunch break, Jaejoong was missing his calm mornings filled with naps and lazy studying.

They all found out rather quickly that the school's cafeteria was absolutely nothing for the bunny hybrid, so they eventually settled on sitting outside while Jaejoong tried to calm down from the noise shock he had gotten. Whenever people came up to them to ask if they could touch Jaejoong's bunny ears, Yunho always shooed them away again to the point where all five of them got annoyed enough that no one else dared to come closer, but Jaejoong was happy to find out not only Changmin but also Yunho's other two friends Yoochun and Junsu helped to make him feel as comfortable as possible.

After lunch break, all the groups held their presentations. In their group, Yunho and Changmin explained their results while Jaejoong stayed at the table with Yoochun and Junsu. The entire day ended up being very interesting to the hybrid who had never before gone to school and he realized he was missing out on a lot but that at the same time he didn't mind it all too much – the many curious people and the noise were definitely something he wouldn't miss after this day!

When the school bell rang for the final time and everyone left the room excitedly and chatting happily, Yunho and Jaejoong stayed behind until everyone else had left. Jaejoong was getting nervous again just because he knew what was about to come, and he honestly feared the judgment of the teacher. In his own opinion he had gotten along just fine with Yunho's classmates, and yet he was almost expecting the teacher to say that he wouldn't be allowed to go with them to Mokpo. Yunho seemed to read him like an open book again, at least he sneaked his hand under the table to hold onto Jaejoong's to comfort his hybrid friend, and when Jaejoong looked up he smiled at him confidently.

“Don't worry, Jaejoongie. I'm sure he will allow you to come along! You were excellent today, I couldn't have imagined it to go any better.”

“Thank you, Yun,” the bunny hybrid mumbled.

After the last student left the room, the teacher stood up. He went to the door, glanced outside, and then closed it before sitting down at the group table with Yunho and Jaejoong. After a couple of seconds, the man spoke up, “You two have done really well today, I have to give you that. I had already expected things to go differently. Yunho, you were right when you said that you know Jaejoong well enough to be able to handle different situations.” Jaejoong bit his lip, trying to hold back a smile. Hope rose inside him that he would be allowed to come along, that he and Yunho had won. The people Jaejoong had met that day had been kind to him and he hoped that wouldn't change even when he'd spend a couple of days with them.

But then the teacher continued to speak. “In my opinion, you two are still underestimating things, though. I saw Jaejoong's reaction when you two entered the cafeteria and how quickly you two left again to eat outside instead. Mokpo is not a tourist area, but there will nevertheless be crowded places we will visit. It will be noisy and there will be many people, just like it was in the cafeteria or even worse. You, Yunho, will be required to come along on all the acitivities that we have planned, and I would also like for you, Jaejoong, to come along if you should decide to go to Mokpo with us, though you're not required to actively participate. But that means you'll have to deal with the stress, the noise, and the lack of possibilities to retreat.

“If you two think you can manage all of that without risking for Jaejoong to panic, I can't say anything against both of you going to Mokpo. But if you or your parents doubt you'll be able to do it, I would rather have Jaejoong stay here. You two are only twelve years old, keep that in mind. You may feel mature, but you are not. Things can happen that you might not expect. Bunny hybrids are rare, so you two will attract attention. If you, Jaejoong, nevertheless decide to come with us, I will make sure that the necessary measures will be taken to accommodate you. And I want you, Yunho, and your parents to expose Jaejoong to more public situations like the cafeteria. Use the next three months to go sightseeing in Seoul or whatever else you can think of. But make sure to be prepared.”

Silence hang in the room for a couple of seconds, weighing Jaejoong down and making him feel like he was unable to ever get up. He had thought that he had done really well that day and that the teacher would also recognize that, but apparently that was not the case. The teacher's first positive remarks suddenly seemed to be meaningless with the knowledge that things could get a lot noisier than they had been in the cafeteria and that the chances for him to get overwhelmed were very high. That realization was crushing.

As the silence dragged on, Jaejoong knew Yunho felt the same way, but when he looked up to see the other's face, he could also see that Yunho was trying to find a way around all of this, that he was searching for positive aspects. Or was he making a plan?

After an eternity of silence, Yunho stood up and so did Jaejoong. “Thank you, seonsaengnim,” Yunho said and both of them bowed to the teacher, then they left.

 

The next week brought many intense discussions but in the end also a solution that Jaejoong hadn't expected: he was allowed to go.

As much as the bunny hybrid was glad about the decision, he was also more nervous than ever and on top of that scared. He knew that he would have to challenge himself and go to public places with Yunho, their parents had decided that it was time to show Jaejoong around Seoul. They had even apologized that they hadn't done this earlier, but in Jaejoong's opinion, they had done him right in waiting until he was older and could assess situations better. Imagining that he had to face unavoidable occasions with immense noise and lots of people made him want to hide, but then he thought of Yunho and how much he fought to take him along to Mokpo and this had the bunny hybrid willing to do his part and fight as well.

They ended up doing various public activities like seeing a theater play, going to the Han River, to the Namsan Tower, and shopping during their remaining three months until the class trip. Their parents made sure to mostly let Yunho take care of Jaejoong – not that it had been any different during previous times they had gone out. Jaejoong always mainly relied on Yunho. Every time they made a trip to help get the bunny hybrid a little more accustomed to crowds, they returned with Jaejoong half asleep, drained after exhausting trips downtown and near panic attacks at the beginning.

 

And finally, the big day arrived.

 

Jaejoong held on to Yunho's hand tightly and looked around with wide eyes, his heart beating fast. His other hand was clasped around the handle of his suitcase. The place in front of Yunho's school was a mess! Although classes had already started, they were surrounded by countless students as well as adults while they were waiting until they could board the busses that would take them to Mokpo. All the chatting as well as his nervousness because of the trip threatened to push Jaejoong into a full-blown panic attack and it was only thanks to the fact that Yunho was right there with him and joking excitedly with Changmin and their parents that Jaejoong didn't panic completely. As time went by, Junsu and Yoochun also joined them and the five boys stood to the side while the parents talked on the other side.

“The bus is here!” one student called out finally.

“Wait!” the teacher instantly interrupted the excited cheers. “You all first have to get in line and give the driver your suitcase, then you can get into the bus and pick a seat!”

The students voiced out their understanding and hastily got in line.

Junsu ran off, but after just a couple of seconds, he went back to the part in line where the other four were standing by that point. “I was too slow…”

“Too slow for what?” Jaejoong asked curiously, looking at Yunho for an answer, yet it was Junsu who kept on speaking.

“Too slow to get into the last row. That one's the best one because there are five seats in a row!”

“Can't you count, Junsu?” Changmin continued to ask. “We're six people now! The last row wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.”

Junsu looked taken aback for a moment and Jaejoong frowned. “We're six?”

Yoochun nodded. “Yes, one of Junsu's friends will join us in our room because they didn't have one for five people only.”

“Sorry, Jaejoong. I'm not used to this weird number… Usually we're only four or five whenever Hyuk-ah joins us,” Junsu apologized and Jaejoong could tell the other felt sincerely guilty.

“Who is Hyuk?” Jaejoong asked in confusion.

“Hyukjae is in our year, but not in our class. Both of our classes are going to Mokpo, and after some discussion, the teachers allowed us to take Hyukjae into our room as well because he and Junsu are pretty close and we all get along. Plus, the room arrangement works out fine like this,” Yunho explained. “And do you know what's the best part about this? You and I are still the oldest ones, so we get to choose everything first!”

“Yah! What about me? Why can't I do that?” Changmin interrupted. “Why am I always losing when it's about things like this?”

“Because you're the maknae. It's the maknae's role to lose,” Yoochun reasoned.

“But Hyukjae's not even in our class! He should be the one to be left out in these decisions,” Changmin protested further.

Junsu shrugged. “But you're still younger than Hyuk-ah, deal with it.”

Changmin huffed, obviously unhappy with how things were going, but he didn't say anything else about it, so Jaejoong looked at Yunho again questioningly. “So Hyukjae will also be on our bus?”

“Yes, he will. Our teachers said it's fine for our classes to mix here already,” Yunho confirmed.

“Yah, Jaejoong! You can also ask us things! We will also know the answer to some of your questions,” Junsu protested, visibly upset to be left out.

The bunny hybrid moved a little closer to Yunho's side. “I'm sorry...” he mumbled, but he could sense Yunho shaking his head.

“Jae doesn't know you all well enough yet, so don't be upset with him not asking you things. He also usually asks me when we're at home, so it's normal for him,” he defended Jaejoong.

“Oh, really?” Yoochun asked curiously.

“So hybrids also kind of choose their favorite human? I only ever heard cats do it...” Changmin mused.

“That's because your grandmother's cat hates you,” Junsu remarked.

“Yah! She doesn't hate me!” Changmin instantly protested, but the others just laughed, so Jaejoong figured the others liked to make fun of that.

“I honestly don't know if we, too, choose something like 'our human'…” the bunny hybrid eventually said, feeling weird as he said that. At the same time, he realized that he kind of liked the thought of Yunho as 'his human' and he suddenly wondered if hybrids did pick their humans just like humans decided to take them in.

Their conversation was interrupted when it was finally their turn to get into the bus. Through a minor disagreement, Yoochun arranged for all six of them to sit together: Jaejoong sat between the window and Yunho, Changmin and Yoochun sat in front of them and Junsu and the guy who was introduced to him as Hyukjae sat across the aisle from Changmin and Yoochun. The other five were playing games along with some of their class mates and they chatted all the time without forcing Jaejoong to be a part of it. He still listened during the majority of the ride, though, as he was curious to learn more about the people he was traveling with.

When they arrived in Mokpo, they all got their suitcases back and then waited in front of the youth hostel while one of the teachers accompanying them went into the building to get the keys for the rooms. After the long drive, all of them were glad to finally be able to move freely again and not have to sit anymore.

A couple of minutes passed and the people around Jaejoong started to get impatient, wanting to see the rooms they would be staying in for the next few days. Eventually, the teacher came back out and called everyone to gather around him. He gave them instructions about their curfew and rules that needed to be followed, finishing by telling them to come meet him back out there an hour later and that one person from each room should go to him to get the room keys.

Junsu got their key, then the six of them went inside, following the directions given in the building to find their room.

Even though Jaejoong's memories of the shelter he used to live in before he had moved in with Yunho's family were faded, the room instantly reminded him of them. Three two-story beds that left little space to move around in the room stood against two of the walls. The beds all had the same kinds of sheets and Jaejoong suddenly realized the beds were incredibly small, reminding him that he was not meant to sleep in Yunho's bed. The thought alone suddenly frightened him again. How was he supposed to sleep properly? He had slept in one bed with Yunho for nine years now, he was used to the other's scent helping him relax so he could sleep and the other's steady breath and heartbeat to create a lullaby while his warmth and embrace gave him comfort. Why hadn't he realized that he would be supposed to sleep in a bed on his own? Just because he had gotten so used to sleeping in Yunho's bed?

“Jae? Are you alright?” Yunho asked and when the bunny hybrid blinked, he realized all of the others had already gotten into the room and saved a bed for themselves while Yunho had managed to get the two beds on the ground level that were connected by the footboards.

“Yes, I'm fine,” Jaejoong answered and finally got into the room as well, closing the door behind himself. It seemed to him like the noise of the door closing was incredibly loud and suddenly, he felt caged in. A tiny spark inside him told him that he needed to be saved, that he needed a home…

He shook his head. No, he did have a home! He was here to enjoy himself. Yunho was with him.

Jaejoong looked up and noticed Yunho was watching him, obviously confused and worried, so he shook his head again with a faint smile and instead went to his own bed. At least it was the one close to the window, so he had the chance to look outside. Maybe that would help!

 

They unpacked the most necessary items – their toothbrushes, toothpastes, brushes, and hand towels – before they went around to explore the youth hostel until they had to meet up in front of the building again. The remainder of the day was spent exploring the area in small groups matched up by the teacher. Jaejoong was happy to stay by Yunho's side nevertheless, but he was also certain that no matter how the groups would be formed, he'd always be in one with Yunho. After all, the other was supposed to take care of him.

Somehow one of the adults accompanying their trip managed to always be near their group and Jaejoong realized he was quite relieved about that because he was attracting quite a lot of attention. He didn't see a lot of hybrids in Mokpo, which confused him because it was so different from their hometown. He shared his thoughts about that with their group of six when they met again that evening to eat dinner together and caught up on what they had seen and experienced during their group activities earlier.

All students had been divided into small groups that took turns to clean up after their meals, but since Yunho and his friends weren't the designated ones that evening, they went to their room after dinner to enjoy the rest of their spare time until some of their classmates had decided to meet up again to play some games in the common room that night.

It turned out to be a lot of fun even for Jaejoong and he was happy to notice everyone accepted him as well as the fact that Yunho's friends made sure to always be near him when they could. Yunho had probably told them that he didn't like skinship or when people he didn't know got too close to him, therefore he was glad to see that Yoochun, Changmin, and Junsu helped him stay within his comfort zone despite the unfamiliar circumstances.

After the teacher had wished them a good night, a couple of seconds passed until Hyukjae spoke up from the bed above Changmin's, “So, Yunho, Jaejoong, you two have been living together for how long?”

“For nine years,” Yunho replied into the darkness.

“Wow, that's so long… You two literally grew up together! You must be like brothers,” Hyukjae said with envy in his voice. “I wish I had a brother… I only have my older sister. And I mean, I wouldn't trade her for the world, but sometimes I think a brother would also be nice.”

“I only have my two younger sisters...” Changmin mused.

“I have my twin brother, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with him,” Junsu threw in.

“What class is he in again?” Yoochun asked.

“He's in the B class.”

“When do they go on their class trip? And where do they go?”

“They're going to Busan next week.”

“Whoa, it must be pretty tough for you to be apart from your twin brother for so long,” Yunho said in response. Jaejoong tried to imagine to be apart from Yunho for two weeks, but when he couldn't, he realized that he was incredibly happy to have been allowed to go on this class trip with the other. He definitely had it easier than Junsu did!

“Did anything change after you guys took Jaejoong in? I mean, he's a bunny hybrid! I heard they're a little more demanding than others,” Hyukjae remarked and Jaejoong knew that question was directed towards Yunho.

“I'm not sure...” the other replied slowly and added after a moment, “I think we didn't have as many vegetables before, but since Jae mainly eats vegetables and definitely no meat, I think my parents adjusted their recipes a little… But I was too young then to know what else may have changed.”

The others hummed in understanding and comfortable silence settled among them, only interrupted when Yoochun said, “So you've never even tried meat before, Jaejoong?”

“No, I haven't,” the bunny hybrid affirmed. “But I also already don't like the smell of it.”

“You don't?” Yoochun sounded surprised. “Whoa, that's tough...”

“Not everyone likes meat,” Yunho defended Jaejoong in an instant. “From what I've heard especially in other countries there are actually quite a lot of people who don't enjoy eating meat. Just because it's not common here in Korea doesn't mean it's also just as uncommon in other countries. And since bunnies don't eat meat, I don't think it's that much of a surprise that Jae doesn't eat any either.”

“That's true,” Yoochun mused and they were quiet once again until Hyukjae spoke up.

“Jae, it's so cool that you can go on this class trip with us! I've never heard of anyone before who's taken their hybrid along. And then you're even such a special one!”

“Hyukkie, keep it down a little. We don't need to have everyone know we're still awake. We're supposed to sleep,” Junsu chimed in.

“I know… I'm just so excited,” his friend argued with a giggle.

“I'm also really happy to be here with you all,” Jaejoong replied. “Thank you for taking care of me.”

“Of course we take care of you,” Junsu responded in an instant. “You're Yunho-hyung's friend and as such you're our friend and we don't let friends down.”

“Exactly,” the others in the room agreed and now Jaejoong couldn't help but smile. He had only met these people either for the first or second time that day and yet they had instantly welcomed him with open arms.

“Thank you,” he said once again.

The conversation drifted off a little until slowly people stopped responding and Jaejoong could hear their breaths become steady instead. After minutes had passed in silence, making the bunny hybrid wonder if Yunho was asleep as well – and why he himself couldn't fall asleep. He turned to lie on his side, hugging himself. The bed had looked so small when they had entered the room earlier, but in this moment, it seemed endless. When the silence outside his head continued while the voices inside his head wouldn't shut up and the feeling of missing something – or rather, someone – didn't stop either, he decided to give in.

“Yun?” Jaejoong raised his voice to nothing but a whisper, afraid he might wake up anyone if he spoke any louder. The other hummed in response. “I can't sleep.”

“Come over,” Yunho hushed back and the bunny hybrid heard the other move in his bed.

“But there's not enough space...”

“It'll work out.”

Jaejoong hesitated for another second, then he quietly got out of bed and went around the bed posts with the stairs leading to the upper beds, before he carefully climbed into Yunho's bed. It was a little difficult to make both of them fit comfortably, but eventually, they stopped moving and Jaejoong knew this would be the best they could manage. “Thank you,” he mumbled.

“Good night. Sleep well, Jae. Sweet dreams,” Yunho replied and his hand found Jaejoong's cheek. The slightly smaller teen leaned up to connect their lips for their goodnight kiss and he couldn't help but smile softly and feel himself relax in an instant. Yes, this was how it should be. More or less at least.

“You, too. Good night,” the bunny hybrid mumbled and closed his heavy eye lids. Finally, his mind was also lulled to sleep as he listened to Yunho's heartbeat and his breathing.

 

A loud knock on the door startled the bunny hybrid awake the next morning.

“Boys, wake up! Breakfast will start in half an hour, so hurry up and get ready!” someone called through the door, then moved on. A couple of seconds later, Jaejoong could hear the same announcement on the next door.

He groaned and moved a little closer to Yunho, feeling the other's embrace tighten for a moment as well before he let go and sat up. Jaejoong opened his eyes sleepily, trying to regain his sense of time and direction, but it took him a while since everything was unfamiliar. It was only when someone behind him spoke up that his mind decided to work properly again.

“Hyung, is that-”

“One more word...” Yunho started a drowsy threat, but apparently he couldn't decide what would happen after that one word because he didn't go into further detail.

Jaejoong sat up slowly, too, and looked around to find Changmin watching them in confusion, obviously not having expected to see Yunho and Jaejoong in one bed that morning. The bunny hybrid leaned a little closer to Yunho, uncomfortable with the way the other was watching him, and it didn't get better when the two boys from the top bunks leaned over their railing to take a look as well. Yoochun seemed to be more surprised with what he found than Junsu, yet it was Hyukjae who spoke up again. “But I have one question: How? These beds are so small, how do both of you fit into one?”

Before Yunho had the chance to answer, Junsu responded from the bed above them, “Hyuk, if you love your brother, anything is possible.”

“So you and Junho do that sometimes, too?” Changmin asked tiredly.

“Not often anymore, but yes.” Junsu sounded embarrassed to admit that.

Jaejoong and Yunho exchanged a glance and the bunny hybrid knew Yunho was also aware of his friend's feelings, then the latter spoke up, “The teacher said we only have half an hour to get ready for breakfast, so let's get moving. I don't want to end up missing breakfast because of you guys.” With those words said, he got up and went to the bathroom instead. It was a tiny bathroom that only held a sink and a toilet, but there were proper wash rooms down the hallway. For simply getting ready, the tiny bathroom was enough, though. Sensing that it would seem strange to the others if he followed Yunho right away, Jaejoong waited until Yunho came back out with his toothbrush between his lips, then he got up as well to use the toilet, wash his hands, and prepare his toothbrush, before he left the bathroom again. Just like the evening before, they all got changed in the small space between the beds. Jaejoong hid behind Yunho as good as he could, feeling uncomfortable with the others being able to see him and especially seeing his bunny tail. It was one thing that Yunho saw him, but no one else was allowed to goggle.

Once he was fully dressed, Jaejoong felt a lot more comfortable, though he stayed behind Yunho until they went back downstairs for breakfast.

That day, a big city tour had been planned along with a paper chase. They went sightseeing before they were once again sent out in small groups, this time they were allowed to choose their groups of four on their own. After some arguing that ended in a few rounds of rock-paper-scissors, Yoochun and Changmin left to join some of the others while Junsu and Hyukjae stayed with Yunho and Jaejoong.

When they accidentally ran into a lot of students – some school had probably either just ended or they were on lunch break –, triggering the start of a panic attack from Jaejoong because the group got scattered for a moment, the four of them decided to try and locate a calmer place. Yunho and Jaejoong settled at the beach while Hyukjae and Junsu went to the designated meet-up point to inform the teacher where their group was headed next.

The cool breeze of early summer was refreshing to the bunny hybrid and even though he couldn't feel the wind on his ears since they were hidden under a beanie, the sun on his face and the air playing with his open jacket felt good. Jaejoong instantly felt more at peace, the panic subsiding, and they enjoyed the calmness until Hyukjae and Junsu caught up with them.

They walked slowly and Jaejoong watched the sand beneath his shoes for a while, and how their steps left traces, before he looked up to the horizon, instantly mesmerized by the view. It seemed almost surreal to him that the world behind him was small, restricted, full of people, and so incredibly cramped while the world in front of him seemed wide, endless, free…

His heart felt even lighter once Yunho took his hand, very gently swaying their intertwined fingers while they were walking along the beach.

A sudden shriek close to him made Jaejoong jump and he looked around, alarmed, until his gaze was distracted by something above them. Seagulls flew over their heads and towards the sea and Jaejoong couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have wings and just leave when he couldn't cope well with something. The birds seemed to fly weightlessly, maybe even aimlessly, Jaejoong couldn't tell, but somehow their flight amazed him.

It was only when Yunho gently squeezed his hand that he lowered his gaze again to look at the other with a slightly tilted head. Instead of saying anything, Yunho nodded his head towards his other side and when Jaejoong glanced past him, he found Hyukjae staring towards the ocean. Confused why that should be remarkable, Jaejoong also followed his gaze to find a boy wearing a blue and white striped shirt and dark blue shorts, strolling along the ocean's edge, carrying his shoes in one hand while his head was turned towards the endless blue.

Even though Jaejoong could partially understand that the sight was as ethereal as a painting, he knew within a breath's length that Hyukjae was seeing something entirely different in the whole picture. He didn't stop staring and Jaejoong started to feel uncomfortable, noticing that he was most probably disturbing an important moment, so he turned away from the scene and faced Yunho again. He had no idea why but he was suddenly blushing and opted to just continue walking along the beach, accidentally dragging Yunho with him.

“Guys, I think there's an ice cream parlor over there. Why don't we go and check it out?” Junsu, who had started to walk with them, suggested in a casual tone, but when Jaejoong glanced at him, he could see barely contained excitement on his features.

“But shouldn't we at least-” Jaejoong started to protest but was silenced almost immediately by Junsu.

“No, no, it's fine. Hyukkie doesn't like ice cream that much anyway.”

A quick glance at Yunho showed Jaejoong that this was a blatant lie for a very lame excuse, but he decided not to press any further.

There was indeed an ice café not too far away and the three of them sat down, Junsu making sure to sit facing the ocean, leaving the two older boys only the option to sit facing him.

After they had placed their order, Jaejoong's curiosity got the better of him and he turned around once more, letting his gaze drift over the beach for a few seconds until he spotted Hyukjae next to the other boy who had been wandering the beach. The bunny hybrid smiled when he could see even from their spot at the café that Hyukjae was flustered and shy, yet he couldn't help but admire him for mustering the courage to approach the stranger.

Jaejoong turned back around to find Yunho and Junsu also looking into Hyukjae's direction, making him smile. Under the table, he took Yunho's hand again, their fingers easily intertwining, fitting together perfectly as always.

 

The evening afterwards turned out to be really funny for Jaejoong and super unnerving for everyone else around him. The other four – especially Junsu, Yoochun, and Yunho – tried to get information about the boy on the beach out of Hyukjae, but all they got was that he was called Donghae and that Hyukjae had gotten his phone number. Everything else ended in Hyukjae simply smiling dreamily and shaking his head in silent denial. After some time, Jaejoong and Changmin decided to use the interrogation as bonding time and started to play a card game Changmin had brought along while talking quietly, blissfully ignoring the other four molesting Hyukjae. In the end, Yunho was the first to give up when he sat down next to Jaejoong, casually wrapping an arm around Jaejoong while he watched the other two play.

 

For the remainder of the class trip, they kept on having to skip attractions because of Jaejoong, but they also had to start making excuses why Hyukjae missed out on some things like dinner occasionally or even one trip they had planned so he could meet up with Donghae. That didn't change anything about the fact, though, that none of them got any information about Donghae.

 

To Jaejoong, the class trip seemed to be one of the turning points in his life. Learning to not only face challenges but also accept them and stand up for others helped him find out more about what he actually wanted and not just what Yunho wanted. He started to go out with the family more often and he and Yunho also met up with Junsu, Yoochun, Changmin, and Hyukjae every now and then. Especially Changmin was someone Jaejoong became really close to because they seemed to have so much in common that talking to him was a lot easier than talking to the other three extroverts.

At some point, about three years after the class trip, Yunho started going out occasionally. In the beginning, it was harsh on Jaejoong to realize that there were things Yunho wanted to experience on his own and it was only with time that he understood that things were better that way; those parties (class parties at first, then private parties, and eventually clubs once Yunho was old enough) were way too loud for him and there were too many people in too little space for the bunny hybrid to be even the slightest bit comfortable.

When Yunho staying out began to annoy Jaejoong too much, he started to invite Changmin over to chat with him instead. He found out quickly how great that pastime was, how much he enjoyed to be around Changmin and again how easy it was to talk to the younger boy and how comfortable even their silences were. When Jihye once asked him and Yunho, how 'their friend' Changmin was doing, Jaejoong realized for the first time that yes, Changmin was his first real friend aside from Yunho. Sure, hanging out with all the others was nice, but with Changmin… that was a lot less stressful!

Changmin's distraction from his bad feelings didn't always help Jaejoong, though. Like when he was alone after Changmin left in the evenings, when he waited for Yunho to return.

But none of it compared to one night.

Jaejoong stayed up late as always, reading a bit until he felt too tired and instead started to play on his phone. It was the first time that Yunho had said he'd stay out all night and Changmin had long since bid him goodbye, so the bunny hybrid didn't know what to do with himself. But he was waiting nevertheless, waiting for his nightly routine to be completed, waiting for… what? A call? Maybe a text from Yunho?

He couldn't remember falling asleep, but he certainly did remember waking up, drenched in cold sweat, eyes wide, body tense. What was that? What had happened? Where was Yunho!?

He turned the bedside lamp on to find the bed as empty as he felt inside.

The bunny hybrid quickly checked his phone to find that still nothing had happened and a deep sadness suddenly filled him. He stared at the screen long after it had turned black, trying not to think about Yunho not having texted him, not having wished him a good night, probably not even having thought of him. No, Yunho was out there, living his happy life with all those happy people while he himself was back at home, waiting, an idiot who expected someone living life to the fullest to think of him. Stupid, stupid Yunho!

His sadness turned into anger and the anger kept him from sleeping. After punching a pillow ten times and realizing that was absolutely not satisfying, he opted to instead turn on his laptop and play some car race game that only pushed his level of frustration even further up.

 

Yunho returned the next day in the early afternoon. Jaejoong could hear him, but he didn't think it would be necessary to leave his room and welcome Yunho back home, not after the past night! But he still involuntarily listened to the conversation going on in the hallway, listened to Yunho's parents and Jihye welcoming Yunho back, excitedly asking how his night had been, and Jaejoong felt anger rise inside him when he heard Yunho tell them how much fun he had had and how much he had enjoyed himself. Minutes had passed by the time that Yunho asked about Jaejoong and Jihye replied that the hybrid apparently hadn't felt good all day. In the minutes that followed, all Jaejoong could think about was how happy Yunho was about his night out and how much he had enjoyed himself while he, Jaejoong, had had severe nightmares again for the first time in a little over thirteen years.

He ignored how hesitant the knock that eventually resonated from his door sounded, he could only focus on how angry he was with Yunho.

“Jae? Are you up?” the slightly younger male asked, but the younger hybrid didn't respond. He didn't even look up from the book he was staring at angrily when the door was opened slightly. “Jae?” Yunho's voice was definitely hesitant, but it only served to infuriate Jaejoong even more.

After not receiving any reaction from the hybrid, Yunho entered the room, closing the door before he went up to the sofa on which Jaejoong was sitting, sitting down beside him.

“Hey, I know you're just ignoring me,” he said softly. “What's up?”

Jaejoong turned away pointedly and continued to stare at the page. Should he maybe start to feel sorry for the poor book?

“Is it because I went to the party on my own?” Yunho continued to ask and, apparently thinking that was indeed the reason for Jaejoong's anger, kept on reasoning, “It would have been too much for you anyways, you know? It was pretty loud, even for me, and there were a lot of people. Jae, we know that you're not good with those kinds of things and you didn't even know most of the people around. Even Changmin didn't go.”

I know – Changmin was with me, after all, Jaejoong thought bitterly to himself. Plus, that wasn't even the point!!

Yunho on the other hand, obviously certain that he knew what was going on, continued to talk until Jaejoong spun around.

“Would you just shut up!?” he spat out before turning away, suddenly feeling hot tears of anger and frustration burn in the corners of his eyes, making him even more angry. No, he would not freaking cry in front of Yunho, not now!!!

“Listen, I didn't mean to offend you-”

That sentence alone made Jaejoong want to kill Yunho as he turned back to face him. “You didn't mean to!? You don't even know what you 'didn't mean to' do, you egoistic piece of !” The moment those words had left his mouth, he regretted them, and the hurt look on Yunho's face instantly made the barrier inside him crumble again as he started to cry.

“Jae… Jae, no, don't cry,” Yunho started and raised his hands, but Jaejoong scooted away, refusing to allow the other to comfort him.

“No, it's your fault! Don't act like you don't know what's going on!”

“But what is going on? What did I do to upset you?”

“Nothing!”

Yunho stared at him in disbelief before something seemed to click. “Well, what did I not do?”

“You did not wish me a good night!” Jaejoong could have slapped himself for just telling Yunho like that, for not even fighting it any further. He tried to breathe in, his throat feeling strangled but now that Yunho knew the reason for him being upset he could as well just make Yunho feel just as bad. “You weren't there even though you know I sleep better when you're by my side, you didn't even text me! I stayed up all night and I'm so freaking tired and all of that because you did not even bother to text me because you were having so much fun! And even when I could sleep, I had nightmares and guess what, that was NO FUN AT ALL! And if you dare to come any closer while stinking of someone else's perfume, I WILL ING KILL YOU!!!”

Yunho stared at him in utter shock, his arms raised to hug him, but apparently he understood that that would not be a wise move to make. “So… should I take a shower?” he asked hesitantly to which Jaejoong only glared at him through teary eyes, his blurry vision spiking up his anger even more.

“YES!”

Yunho nodded and got up, looking like he wanted to add something, but then he merely turned around and left.

The moment the door closed behind Yunho, Jaejoong realized what he had done: he had just yelled and gotten angry at him. They had never fought before! What if Yunho didn't like him anymore because he had yelled at him, he had said really mean things that he shouldn't have said even though Yunho had only appeared to be worried about him.

His heart sank even more and he just continued to cry, unable to stop the pain that he felt and the guilt.

What if Yunho had taken it literally, what if he was upset as well? What if Yunho didn't want to return anymore because he was angry because Jaejoong couldn't just be happy for Yunho. Would Yunho lie down with him again that evening to sleep? What if not?

By the time that Yunho returned, Jaejoong was still crying, the fear that Yunho might not like him anymore feeling like an icy claw squeezing his heart.

“Jae?” the other asked carefully and sat down next to him hesitantly. He raised his arms, but then he seemed to not know if it was okay to hug the hybrid who was still shaking with sobs.

“Y-Yun… Do you still love me?”

“Of course I do! How could I n-” He stopped with a gasp when Jaejoong spun around and flung himself into the boy's arms, hugging him so tightly that he probably pressed all the air out of Yunho's lungs, but the young hybrid couldn't have cared less about it. Yunho still loved him! They were fine! Yunho didn't hate him because of their argument, he didn't hate him for yelling at him! The realization momentarily brought even more tears to Jaejoong's eyes but the relief instantly lightened his heart.

“I'm sorry, Yun! I didn't want to yell at you. I was just… I hated it.”

“It's okay, Jae,” Yunho replied softly and finally wrapped his arms around the other's small body, holding him tight and close. “I won't do it again. I promise to text you or call you from now on.”

“But sleeping without you .”

“Then I'll make sure to come home at least most of the time.”

Jaejoong could only nod, holding Yunho close, breathing in the now again familiar scent that belonged to the slightly younger teenager, a scent that was so reassuring and calming that it even helped to soothe Jaejoong in that moment, allowing him to slowly calm down.

Eventually, they were just sitting there together, hugging each other, Jaejoong cuddled up into the other boy, feeling Yunho's chest rise and fall with every breath he took.

“I'm sorry, Jae. I hadn't thought about it, that this would affect you so much. I promise not to do it again.

The bunny hybrid nodded ever so lightly without moving from his position. “Okay. Thank you. But don't you dare forget about it.”

 

Things calmed down again afterwards. Of course Yunho didn't stop going out occasionally, but from that point on, he always remembered to text Jaejoong at a reasonable time, though, since Yunho usually also returned to their home, the hybrid always stayed awake until Yunho was by his side again, their bodies close together, he got his goodnight kiss, and they would fall asleep together.

Weeks had passed by the point that another problem resurfaced that Jaejoong had anything but taken into consideration. He woke up first on a Saturday like any other; the sun began to shine into the room, Yunho lay right behind him, the entire lengths of their bodies touching, one of Yunho's arms was under Jaejoong's side, the other loosely draped over his waist, and he lay close enough for Jaejoong to feel the other's breath in the back of his neck.

It would have been a Saturday like any other if it hadn't been for one thing…

He moved a bit, hoping to get into a more comfortable position, but a shock-wave from unexpected friction rushed through him, making him grit his teeth.

Okay, nope, moving was not an option! And getting up without Yunho noticing was also obviously not possible, the older boy was way too close for that. So his options were…

Staying. Staying still, lying there, hoping that the problem would resolve itself without needing further attention.

Jaejoong nearly would have groaned at the plain thought that he wasn't even quite sure if that was a solution that could work out, but he decided to hope for it anyways. Hoping wouldn't be wrong, right? Obviously giving his problem attention would help, that was something that experience had definitely already proven, but ignoring it..? Then again, actively doing anything about it also wasn't an option because of their proximity.

But waiting was boring…

So what could he think about?

A slightly deeper breath that ghosted over his skin momentarily distracted him and Yunho moved a tiny bit before getting comfortable again, allowing Jaejoong to let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding.

Okay, where was he? Right, distracting himself from the situation. But what could he think about? Maybe there was some homework he'd have to do? He should talk to Yunho about that, they could certainly also do it together like always, sitting close… No, homework did not seem like a good option. Maybe he should give incentives for probably dinner or something? They could have strawberries since they were Yunho's favorite fruit and it was strawberry season anyways. Maybe a fruit salad would be nice? Then he himself could also eat the same meal as the others! He could also suggest making Korean barbeque since they hadn't had it in a long time and Yunho and his father really liked it a lot!

Alright, that was that and still not all too helpful. There was nothing entirely “gross” he could think about to give his body the much needed hint to let the arousal he was momentarily sporting go. He wasn't even that , he had just woken up like this and he didn't even feel like he needed to take care of that problem. Just Yunho's breath that still ghosted in regular waves over his skin was there and the puffs of air felt really nice on his skin, far too nice to say goodbye to his arousal.

What a shame he had never managed to watch a thriller or a horror movie because of his fear – now he could really need having a picture like this to push away all other thoughts and feelings. And what a shame that he cared so much about Yunho and didn't want to disturb his peaceful slumber, otherwise he could have gone to the bathroom and take a cold shower.

It was not that he was unfamiliar with the concept of ion, he just wasn't that interested in and all that stuff that belonged to it yet. Of course Jaejoong knew that sooner or later he would get interested in it but until now he only ever touched himself in those ways when he was all alone at home and he felt like he needed it, so far he had never really had the feeling that he truly wanted it. A short sting of jealousy spiked in his heart when he thought about Yunho having when he stayed away for the nights, not on all nights, but on some, and Jaejoong disliked both that Yunho was always reeking of other people's scents when he came home and that he smelled them when Yunho didn't immediately take a shower, and that he was further with those things as well, being more outgoing and brave. Which was fine because it had always been like that. But it was not fine because they always experienced big things together at least somehow like with the homework! Not like he wanted to experience that, but still…

It took a deep breath and a quiet sigh for Jaejoong to realize that his initial problem had subsided in the meantime and he felt relief wash through him. He snuggled back into the now again bearable warmth Yunho was offering and drifted off to sleep.

 

As frustrating as it was, that was by far not the last time and he quickly started to understand why Yunho hadn't been with him when he had woken up some mornings. That thought alone made him think that Yunho probably also knew why Jaejoong got up early on some days, making the bunny hybrid incredibly flustered and embarrassed, but he couldn't help it since he realized just as quickly that simply staying in bed and waiting it out was not a solution either (because it was boring, unnerving, he didn't have the time for that… Not to imagine what it would be like if Yunho ever saw him like that).

But there was one thing that seemed to be a (semi-)constant factor: most of the time, he had either dreamed about Yunho or said boy was cuddled very close against him. At first, he decided to ignore that potential correlation because certainly that had absolutely nothing to say since they were like brothers, right? And obviously he also got this problem when Yunho was neither with him nor the subject of his dreams, but he did have to admit that Yunho's presence certainly increased the chance of him sporting a morning wood.

For the time being, though, he could nevertheless ignore that option.

 


Hello everyone!

We are already back with chapter 2 and we're introducing some very important characters! We hope you enjoyed this chapter and will leave some love – we're still big fans of comments... :D

Thank you to everyone who sticks with us! We love you all <3

Evelyn-Everdeen & -UglyPinkMachine-