The Surgery

Make Me Remember (2kim version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaewon woke up and the first thing she realizes is that she’s laying on a bed inside a very white room. Different from their bedroom back in Seoul and she assumes she’s in the hospital again. Minju has her head leaning on the bed beside her while she sits on a chair.

Chaewon has IV fluid attached on her right hand. There was no one else in that room beside the two of them. It was so quiet for her and even if she doesn’t like disturbing Minju from her sleep she had to or she would go berserk because of the silence.

“Minmin,” Chaewon called once and it seemed to work on Minju. 

She used to be so stubborn when someone woke her up but because she had to take care of Chaewon her senses become more alert. 

“You’re awake? What do you need? Where does it hurt?” Minju asked immediately. 

Chaewon is really happy that she has Minju who’s willing to take care of her even if she’s pretty useless because of her current situation.

“I’m good but how long have I been out?”

“You’re out for about three days now. You had a really bad headache and the doctors here gave you a strong dosage of painkillers.”

“Three days?!”

“Shh, don’t shout. The room is not soundproof and I’m pretty sure there are other people in the other room.” 

Chaewon calmed down then proceeded to ask her questions again. 

“How about the tickets I asked from Mom?” She asked and Minju quickly smiled.

“We used them.”

“Huh? Did you give it to other people or did you ask mom to rebook it?”

“Silly, there is no need for a rebook.”

“But why?”

“We’re already in Taiwan,” Minju smiled and it’s obvious that she’s quite excited but Chaewon isn’t. She’s confused as heck and doesn’t understand what’s going on.

“H-how?”

“After your mom found out you fainted after the proposal she begged us to bring you back here,” Minju replied. 

It kind of answered Chaewon’s questions but she’s upset that she might have made her mom worry too much.

“Where is she then?”

“She’s currently talking to your doctor.”

“Why? What for?”

“You were having a seizure, hours before you woke up and you made us worry. She’s currently talking to your doctor about that. While we wait, I suggest you to rest,” Minju said and pushed Chaewon back on her bed since she was planning to get up.

“But I already slept for three days,” Chaewon whined. 

It was cute and hard to resist but Minju managed. She had to shush Chaewon because she kept whining, it wasn’t the kind of annoying whine but she got the gist, and also forced her to lie down.

While Minju is trying to manage the childish Chaewon, the latter’s mom enters the room with a doctor by her side. Minju stood up straight and Chaewon stopped moving around, it’s the effect her mom could give them.

“I see that you’re awake Ms. Kim,” the doctor greeted her. 

“Yeah,” Chaewon awkwardly replied and gave a smile. 

“Will you agree with me if I say that your most recent episode is the worst?” the doctor asked and Chaewon simply nodded. 

There is no point in lying anyway since even if she denied it wasn’t the worst, why would she be sleeping for three freaking days?

“You see, the cancer cells in your brain are rapidly multiplying and it has been affecting a lot of your healthy cells. With it multiplying at a very fast pace and damaging your healthy cells, the tumor is growing thus the more frequent headaches and the unbearable pain,” the doctor explained to them.

“What do you suggest we should do then doctor?”

“I suggest that you have a surgery as soon as possible. If it could be tomorrow then it should be done tomorrow. If not then it would be hard for us to remove your tumor and assure a good recovery. The facilities wouldn’t be a problem since your mother has readied us for this a couple of weeks prior.”

Chaewon looked at her mother’s side to see her reaction about this. She confirmed that her mom knew this earlier before them since she isn’t that hysterical as usual. Chaewon then looked at Minju’s side and saw that her lover was on the verge of crying so she hugged her by the waist and comforted her.

“Um, let me talk about this with my family first.”

“Sure thing Ms. Kim, I’ll leave you on your own.”

The doctor left and that was Minju’s cue to release her tears. 

“Chaewon please do the surgery,” Minju begged as tears formed in her eyes. 

Chaewon hugged her tighter and said soothing words. Her mother still stood by the door quietly watching the young couple.

“I will Minju but marry me first. Marry me tomorrow then right after that I would do the surgery,” Chaewon said and Minju continued to cry. “I know Mom will ready everything, right Mom?” Chaewon looked at her mother’s direction.

“Of course Chaewon, anything for my princess.”

~~~~~

After that confrontation, the hospital let Chaewon be discharged for the preparation of her wedding. Her friends also came as soon as they heard the news. The trip wasn’t a problem since her mother made sure they’d be picked up by their private plane.

The couple are currently resting on a resort where their wedding will be held. Her mother’s people are doing everything for the preparation. They knew what Minju and Chaewon wanted just from their personalities and the profile given to them in advance.

“Are you excited?” Chaewon was playing with Minju hair while the latter rested on her chest. 

“I am, are you?” Minju asked back and hugged Chaewon tighter. Just thinking about seeing Chaewon at the middle of the aisle while she walks is exciting her.

“I am excited but at the same time I am scared,” Chaewon replied truthfully. 

Minju backed away slightly so she could see Chaewon’s face. 

“You don’t have to be scared Chae, I will be there by your side no matter what happens,” Minju reassured her and kissed Chaewon on the lips.

After their lips parted someone knocked on the door. Both Chaewon and Minju got up from the bed to welcome them.

“Chaewon how are you?” Eunbi was the first to ask. She wore that worried face that made Chaewon upset because she’s guilty for making them worry. 

“I got a bit better. I had a strong dosage of painkillers and I’m guessing its effect hasn’t worn out yet because I don’t feel like dying,” Chaewon tried to joke but it only earned her a smack on the arm from Minju.

“I was just joking,” Chaewon defended herself but Minju only gave her a glare. “Just don’t kid like that again,” Wonyoung said since there’s no way Minju would talk to her soon.

“Is the wedding really tomorrow?” Yuri asked once they settled down in the living room. 

“It has to be,” Chaewon replied. 

“Why so soon?” Hitomi asked. 

Chaewon doesn’t know how to answer that because even for her it’s a complicated topic.

“I need to have a surgery ASAP but I really want to marry Minju first before that,” Chaewon answered while Minju kept quiet. 

It didn’t really surprise them nor did they expect that. It was a fifty-fifty thought for them. 

“Will you have your surgery here?” Yena asked and Chaewon simply nodded.

“We’ll visit you as often as we could all throughout your recovery period,” Chaeyeon promised and it touched Chaewon’s heart. She really had good friends and she will forever cherish them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter