hickey-ed up stranger in bed

Of Cigarettes and Vanilla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun seeped through yellowing blinds as a messy-haired, hickey-dotted figure lay, legs tangled between unfamiliar bedding. He snuggled his face into the bed, a sly smile tugging upwards. 

 

If the smell of the sheets was foreign, he paid it no heed and continued to snore off, drool dripping from the corners of his mouth. 

 

“Is the kid still asleep?” A deep voice boomed, leaning its arm against the doorframe. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the body on his bed. Chanyeol let out a sigh and looked to the clicking clock on the wall. “Baek, it’s 10:30 AM. Shouldn’t we at least, like, call his roommates?”

 

Baekhyun elbowed the taller, walking into the empty space next to him and shaking his head at the sight peeking into the room. “Do you even know his roommates? I think it’s Soonyoung but you’d think they’d at least text me if they were overly concerned.” He shrugged, reaching into his pocket and digging out his phone. He turned it on and angled it to show Chanyeol of the notifications--er, the lack thereof. 

 

Chanyeol couldn’t even the screen because of the gleam and pushed it away, eyes focusing on the sleeping figure on his bed. “I have an idea,” Baekhyun sneered, creeping forwards to the bed. 

 

Chanyeol’s eyes as he saw Baekhyun snap pictures of the sleeping boy, capturing different angles of his face. “What are you--”

 

Baekhyun placed a finger to his lips and jerked his head towards the boy, “Quiet,” he mouthed. 

 

“Doing?” He concluded, hissing. 

 

Baekhyun’s shoulders relaxed as he pulled the sheets to cover the still figure, who unconsciously sighed at the warmth “Relax, Park. This is the first time someone crashed in your room, and that happened to be that sophomore kid Jeon Wonwoo. It’s just a harmless picture. Besides, it’s probably written in upperclassman code of conduct that blackmail MUST be obtained from every underclassman that comes within your vicinity ” he finished, shrugging and waving his phone around, an impish grin plastered on his pale face.

 

Chanyeol leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed on his torso as he analyzed the shorter guy in front of him. He shook his head condescendingly and spun around to step out the room when a pair of arms s around his waist. A source of warmth rested against his broad shoulders, slender fingers began to draw comforting circles. Chanyeol threw his head, resisting the urge to let out a soft whimper as Baekhyun hummed, tightly gripping his abs. “Loosen up, Yeol. Let’s wake him up and then hang in your room later?” It sounded more like a demand instead of a question, but Chanyeol complied with the older’s request. 

 

He couldn’t see Baekhyun’s face but knew he was smiling cockily, his lips and itching to sneak his fingers under the hem of the taller’s shirt but resisted in fears of Wonwoo waking up. Baekhyunlet go and patted Chanyeol’s back, waltzing out of the room as if he literally didn’t just suggest they in the afternoon. Chanyeol was entranced and followed hot on Baehyun’s heel.  

 

Meanwhile, the sun crawled higher in the blue sky and jolted Jeon Wonwoo awake, bleary-eyed. He reluctantly got up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he tried to analyze his surroundings.

 

The walls were covered in a dark purple and cluttered with rock and anime decor, causing Wonwoo to smirk when he saw a figurine striking a pose on a shelf in the corner. He clearly wasn’t in his dorm, although the setting was bringing back mild flashbacks. Flustered by the waterfall of memory flooding through his brain and a pounding migraine, he clutched his head in his hands. 

 

“!” He screamed frustratedly, running his hands through his ragged hair. He sure as hell didn’t know where he was and guessing by the bright sun in the air, Junhui was probably up and scouring the city for his roommate. 

 

The door creaked open and a soft set of footsteps led towards the bed. Wonwoo turned, eyes widening in disbelief when he saw the person in front of him. “B-Baekhyun…?” he gaped. 

 

The realization hit him as Junhui would be doing pretty soon. If Baekhyun was here that meant he was probably in Chanyeol’s house...in Chanyeol’s room. Wonwoo groaned from the embarrassment and buried his burning face in Chanyeol’s pale grey comforters. The punk rock wall decor suddenly made a lot of sense.  

 

“So, um,” Baekhyun murmured, placing a ginger hand on the younger. Wonwoo peeked form the covers and met the older’s eyes, gaze soon drifting to the mug in his hand. Curls of wispy steam emitted from it, beckoning Wonwoo to take a sip. Which of course, he would. The mere thought of drinking something made him gulp and take notice of his parched throat. 

 

He sat up and gratefully took the mug from Baekhyun’s slender fingers (he’d never admit this, but Baekhyun sure did have pretty hands Jesus Christ) and sipped. The aroma of ginger nourished his senses and he felt his energy flooding back to him sip by sip. The best cure to a hungover had to be this . 

 

When he noticed Baekhyun was still eyeing him, he patted the empty space next to him. Baekhyun hesitated for a bit, then sat down and smoothened his pants. There was an uncomfortable silence for a bit before the older one broke it.

 

“I take it you’ve never been hungover before?” He asked curtly, eyes fixated on his fidgeting hands. Wonwoo chuckled dryly, he never imagined the bold Baekhyun to be this demure outside of his eyeliner. Nodding, he hummed in agreement. 

 

“I, uh, guess you had quite the night too?” 

 

Wonwoo cocked his head. “Huh?”

 

Baekhyun rubbed his nape, eyes scrambling for words when a deep voice interjected. 

“Wonwoo, he’s referring to the hickeys on your neck.” 

 

Wonwoo shot the voice a panicked look as he made eye contact with his former classmate. He was clad in a pink, striped “kiss the chef” apron and a spatula wrapped in his fist, leaning against the doorframe (AN: what is up with Chanyeol and doorframes?) “The what?” His throat became hoarse as panic bubbled inside him. 

 

Baekhyun nodded and pointed towards his neck, prompting the younger to run his fingers along his skin. He froze when he felt subtle indents, praying fervently it wasn’t what he thought it was. 

 

Chanyeol chuckled. “Can’t believe someone actually ended up having in my bed, that too THE Jeon Wonwoo. The world must be ending!” He threw his hands up in surrender and walked out when the smell of smoke made its way to the room. Baekhyun winced, the image of charred breakfast coming to his head. 

 

Wonwoo finished the last of his tea and sat silently, observing the bottom of the mug. It was stained brown, assumably coffee from the many late-night work sessions. 

 

Wonwoo and Baekhyun sat in silence in the room, neither of the two wanting to break the silence this time. It was understandable though, finding an almost-stranger hickeyed-up in your boyfriend’s (?) bed wasn’t an ordinary occurrence. Baekhyun simply patted the boy sympathetically and pointed to the door opposite the bedroom entrance. “Bathroom’s over there, probably some spare toothbrushes.” He paused, sizing up the younger with thinned eyes. “You’re kinda Chanyeol’s height so you can borrow his clothes. Don’t worry about returning it though, just don’t stain it with God knows what.” He finished with a wink, leaving Wonwoo to wallow in his own thoughts. 

 

Woonwoo nodded meekly and focused his eyes on the wall as he felt the bed spring up and Baekhyun walk by, muttering something along the lines of “Jesus Christ”. When what felt like an eternity passed (it was really 5 minutes), Wonwoo sighed and trudged towards the bathroom, a depressed slump evident in his gait.

 

The reflection he saw in the mirror was one that didn’t seem so foreign to him- the deeper eyebags, messier hair, and drool-stained corners weren’t out of the norm for a college student. What WAS out of the nom for Wonwoo was the purpling bruises plastered onto his neck. He mustered up the courage to peel off his shirt (sorry Soonyoung) and take a closer look at them. 

 

“Holy ,” he gulped, biting his lips to suppress the tears that were threatening to fall out. Never let Chan convince me to go to a party, he cemented in his brain a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter