Best Friend

Best Friend

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7VrSxU2Ig) 

Do you remember when I said I'd always be there.
Ever since we were ten, baby.

 

~~~~

“I don’t know why a wimpy kid like you is even doing in our school. Your different,” I heard someone sneered.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I turned around and saw a group of guys surrounding a frail looking boy, well I think he is a boy. The pretty boy was crouching, covering his ears.

“Not only you but your parents. Why are your mum and dad both boys? That’s disgusting, you’re disgusting,”

I saw the pretty boy visibly shake as insults were being thrown at him mercilessly.

“Hi Miss Lee! Today’s lesson was fun!” I suddenly blurted out, knowing very well that no one was around us.

“Teacher Lee is here! We better run! I don’t want to get another time-out again! ” one of them cried before running away as fast as his 10 year old legs could carry them.

The rest followed his lead and was gone in a flash.

*Babo,* I smirked.

I walked towards the pretty boy before stretching out my hand.  The pretty boy looked up, his cheeks was streaked with tears.

“Annyeong! My name is Kim MyungSoo and I’m 10,” I cheerfully said, introducing myself.

The pretty boy hesitantly took my hand.

“Lee SungJong and I’m 8,” he whispered.

*Don’t worry Lee SungJong, I’ll protect you. You don’t have to ever cry when I’m around,*


~~~~

When we were out on the playground playing pretend.
Didn't know it back then.

~~~~

“Hyung! Let’s play pretend!” SungJong excitedly said.

“Araso, who do you want to pretend to be today?” I asked ruffling his hair.

He furrowed his eyebrow as he tapped his chin adorably.

“I want to be like my umma because my umma is always happy! So I’ll be Kevin umma and you’ll be Kiseop appa!” he cried in delight, clapping his hand for his brilliant idea.

*What is this feeling I'm feeling? Why does it feel as though there's a thousand of butterflies in my tummy? *

I ignore the feeling and hugged him.

“Wah hyung! How do you know that my appa always hug umma?”

*I don't know but I feel as though I need to,*

~~~~
Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
Back when we were so innocent

 

~~~~

Years pass and my feeling never changed. It’s been a decade since I’ve met SungJong.

On every birthday I had, I’ve always wished for these unnatural feeling to go away but now I just want you to accept them.

 I want us to end up together like how every happy couple do.

 I want us to be young again when everything is simpler. When the worst thing in life was just falling down and not having your heart torn out of your chest.

~~~~
I pray for all your love
Girl our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don’t know how it ends girl
but I fell in love with my Best Friend


~~~~~

On the day I realized I should never feel the way I feel about you, I kept everything bottle up.

 I want to hold you like how lovers hold each other but you see me as your brother.

I want to tell you ‘I LOVE YOU’ but you would think it’s all a joke.

 Realizing that it was all hopeless, I’ve decided to give you my blessing to whoever you gave your heart to.

Our love is nothing like lovers but all I know is, I want our love to be like a movie which anything can happen, where the impossible happens.

Ever since I realized I fell in love with you Lee SungJong.

~~~~
Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that you'd cry.
I was there right by your side.
How could I tell you I loved you
When you were so happy
With some other guy?

 

~~~~

“Hyu.. hyung,” SungJong cried out as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“He.. .che-cheated on me hyung. He was already seeing someone when I confessed but he still accepted my confession. Wh-why did he do that hyung? Why did he lie to me? Why, why, why? ” he choked out.

 Only the silent wind answered him.

*I’m sorry I couldn’t do anything but offer my shoulder to cry on.*

****

“Hyung guess what? He accepted my confession! SungYeol hyung actually accepted my confession!” SungJong squealed through the phone.

“Chukae Jongie,” I whispered, looking down at the piece of paper in front of me.

*I’ve missed yet another chance to confess to you. I guess this is a way fate is telling me to give up,*

I crumpled the piece of paper, containing all of my hidden feelings and my confession to my best friend who will remain as it is

~~~~

I know it sounds crazy
That you'd be my baby.
But you mean that much to me.

'Cause nothing compares when
We're lighter than air and
We don't wanna come back down.  

~~~~

“Jongie? Do you know how much you mean to mean?” I suddenly ask.

SungJong looked up from his homework, looking at me questioningly.

“You mean the world to me, I don’t know how life would be without you by my side,” I confessed.

“Hyung you’re so cheesy!” SungJong cried punching me lightly on the shoulder.

I pulled him towards me making him sit on my lap. I place my chin on his head while wrapping my arms around his head. He turned around to face me, making our faces inches apart.

“I should be saying that to you hyung. You mean everything to me. I’m so lucky to have you by my side,” he whispered, nuzzling his head at the crook of my neck.

He was about to let go of his grip when I took hold of his wrist.

“Let’s just stay in this position. Please,” I begged softly.

He nodded at me before resting his head on my shoulders.

*I want us to stay in this position, even if it’s just this once…*

~~~~
But I don't wanna ruin what we have
Love is so unpredictable.
But it's the risk that I'm taking,
Hoping, praying
You'd fall in love with your best friend

~~~~

“SungJong! Lee SungJong! Where are you?” I screamed as I searched the whole school for SungJong.

*Think MyungSoo! Think! Where do you think SungJong would be at the time like this,*

I snapped my fingers and quickly raced towards the school garden.

“SungJong! Gwenchana?” I panted out as I saw SungJong sitting on an empty bench, tears rolling down his cheeks.

“Does it look like I’m okay? SungYeol broke up with me on our 1st year anniversary, do you expect me to be okay?” SungJong said sarcastically.

"Why can't I seem to find happiness?" he asked as he lay his head on my shoulder as I took a seat beside him.

"Maybe... maybe your looking at the wrong place," I said.

*This is it....*

"Instead of looking around you for happiness, why don't you look in front? Maybe you'll realize that your happiness has always been there all along," I continued, secretly hinting that I just confessed to him.

"What do you mean hyung?" SungJong asked looking at me with his large eyes.

I mentally face palm myself.

"What I mean is that I love you. I love you like how you love lemon candies because I know you can't live without them like how I could not live without you," I confessed as I kneeled on both my knees, in front of him.

"Hyung...."

Before he could say another word, my lips met his....

~~~~

I remember when I said I'd always be there
Ever since we were ten.

~~~~

“Kim MyungSoo, do you take Lee SungJong whom you now hold by the hand to be your lawful wedded wife?”

I smirked at SungJong before letting out a soft chuckle, “I do,”

“Do you promise to love and cherish her, in sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, for better for worse, and forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her, for so long as you both shall live? “

“I do,” I replied in my most certain voice.

Ever since I was 10, I’ve already given you my word, Kim SungJong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more chapter to go!

Comments are loved <33