We meet again

You love me? - I do.

"Hyung, what are you thinking about" scared by Jimin sitting down beside him, Jin shakes his head "Melody for a new song" knowing well that he isn't telling the truth Jimin doesn't press any further "I can't wait to hear about it" giving a cheeky response, the other members arrive and they start to hand out everyone's order.

"Lost in his thoughts again?" hinting to Jin, Yoongi nods to Namjoon's question "He said it is for a new song" all looking to Jin, he slowly starts to notice everyone's stares. "Have a nice meal guys" trying to prevent any questions from coming his way Jin quickly starts to eat.

"You have been lost in thought of sometime hyung"

"No, was since that party he wen t to"

"Owwh did something happen hyung?"

"Hyung Hyung, did you meet someone pretty" all gasping by the assumption of Jungkook, they all turn to Jin who isn't focusing on the questions flying his way as he is thinking back of the party. "Hyung!" the image of the party disappearing and looking back up he raises his eyebrows "Eat you guys"

"How was the party hyung?"

"It was nice" all surprised by his answer they all fire new questions at him "Nice? That's great, what made the party nice hyung" thinking about the right way to answer their question, Jin smiles unconsciously as he thinks back to Adalyn, "I just met some nice people"

"Alright, alright, did you guys already visit the new building?" Yoongi changes the subject to safe Jin from more pressing questions. "Aren't we filming a bts run episode their soon?" while the others are discussing the new building, Jin is thinking back to the party, shaking his head. Not able to stop thinking about her, not only her appearance attracts him, but he still can't describe the way she looked every time she was with her husband. Something feels off, but still not able to pin down what.

Arriving back home, Yoongi has poured Jin a glass of wine, "Hyung" sitting down, they start to talk about little things "Hyung what are you thinking about lately?"

"At the party I met someone" finally opening up, Yoongi stays silent to listen to Jin talk about how the party was and is intrigued as he approaches the topic of the person he met. "Her name is Adalyn. We were outside just getting to know one another. She is really kind, she isn't korean, but her korean is really good" continuing to describe her, Yoongi notices how Jin can't help but smile and it has become clear that the reason for his little smile or fading off in his thoughts is due to this unknown girl.

"She sound like a nice girl hyung, are you talking to her?" Jin shaking his head, his little smile disappears, knowing well that she is married and there is no future in pursuing her. "I didn't have the chance too" not having told Yoongi that she is married, he continues to tell Jin to find out her number as he is really taken by her. "Yeah maybe I will, but I don't think that she is interested in me" As Jungkook enters the room, they stop talking about Adalyn and start to joke around about other things.

 

                                                           * A month later *

 

A month past since the party with Jin hard at work, Adalyn has been stuck at home. Cleaning, keeping the fridge filled, learning new dishes to make, spending time with her mother in law, but most importantly isolated.

"Jagi, I am home!" Hearing Jaeho faint voice, Adalyn quickly heads out to kitchen to greet him. "Hi" Giving one another a quick kiss, he heads into the kitchen. "It smells great again"

"We should eat"

"Jagi, you have been a little bit down lately" almost dropping her chop sticks, Adalyn quickly shakes her head "No, I have... ehm" putting his chopsticks down, he chuckles "Baby, don't worry about it. I know that you love being at home, our house has never been homier" Standing up he gets something out of his briefcase and stands behind her. Softly putting her hair back behind her, Adalyn stiffens up, afraid of a disaster happening. Brazing herself for the pain she is envisioning to come he simply squeezes her shoulder "Look" putting down a thin folder, he sits back down, and Adalyn nervously opens it.

"If you think you can combine, working on this project and still keeping our home as homey it is now. Maybe you should consider this contract and work as a part-timer at this firm."

In pure disbelieve Adalyn is sitting down and reading the contract again. It is exactly the job she wanted. Grabbing the pen to sign it, she hesitates. What if he becomes angry? Biting her lip she contemplates if she should just sign them or if she should go to him.

Knocking on his door, she enters with the document in her hands "Jaehon" laying down his paperwork nods to Adalyn "What is wrong sweetheart" holding up the papers, trying hard not to make them shake, he still notice how nervous she is. "Come here" holding his hand out to her, he kisses her hand and sits her down onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her he kisses her shoulder "Tell me, why are you nervous"

"I think I want to sign this contract" looking down, Jaeho is encouraging Adalyn to sign it "You should" Nodding, she quickly signs it before he can change his mind. "I signed it" cheering for her decision, Jaeho pulls her closer. Pressing more kisses on her shoulder and slowly traveling up "It is already late isn't it, let's go to bed" Adalyn's expression going blank she nods and follows Jaeho as he is holding her hand.

With the contract signed Adalyn feels relieved, having some freedom this past week has been amazing. Going to work for three days have made such a difference in the entire household. Jaeho is watching Adalyn as she is preparing breakfast, mumming a song, a feeling of happiness makes him smile. Realizing it was indeed a good decision to give her a part time job.

Sitting down during breakfast, the excellent mood of Jaeho is making Adalyn relieved, hoping that today will also be a good day. Giving her a quick kiss he starts to chat about his day "What about yours? Have you read the concept for the building?"

"Yes I have, today I am finally going there"

"That is amazing" giving her a big smile, he gets up first to leave for his shift. Giving her one more kiss "Good luck today Jagi"

Nervous to start her first day on the project, Adalyn is standing in front of the mirror. Absolutely frustrated the ten outfits on the bed and the floor aren’t making her more comfortable. “I have nothing to wear…” Sitting down among the pile of clothes. The ticking of the clock is only making her more and more nervous.

As someone knocks on the door, she closes her eyes, owh no still not dressed it is already time to go. “Adalyn?” Doyoon opens the door and is surprised to see her sitting down onto the floor “Are you okay?” running over to Adalyn, she nods “I don’t know what to wear.” Looking a bit embarrassed, Adalyn explains that she isn’t sure what is an appropriate outfit to wear. “What you are wearing now is good” helping her stand up and guiding her to the mirror, Doyoon starts to hype Adalyn up.

“It is the first day, Adalyn you are going to see the building, meet the stockholders and this looks appropriate” Nodding along, Doyoon leaves to get the car ready.

 

With the meeting over Adalyn is roaming around the building ending up in one of the spaces. With some testers already laid out, it seems like a good idea to start with this room. Taking of her engagement and wedding ring, Adalyn starts to test out the colors. With some testers not working correctly the paint is spilling onto her hands.

As Adalyn is laying out the testers to her preference, Jin notices her. Stopping in his tracks, he can't believe that she is standing there. With the other guys already gone, Jin musters his courage and walks to Adalyn.

Studying how she is trying to tie her hair behind her, blowing the fallen hairs out of her face, she seems so beautiful to him. As Adalyn gets a feeling of being stared at, she lifts her gaze from the desk up and sees Jin walking towards her. Stopping as their gazes meet Jin gives her a smile. Both in a daze mumble hi to one another. Scrapping his throat he walks closer to her until he reaches the desk.

"Hey" smiling at her soft and nervous greeting, Jin smiles brightly at her "I didn't think I would see you here" nodding to his remark, more hairs are falling down onto her face. Noticing that her hands are covered by paint, Jin nervously goes behind the desk. "Let me help you"

Carefully removing the hair tie from her ponytail, he firstly wipes off his hand onto his clothes to prevent her hair from become dirty. With a soft touch Jin gathers all her hair into a new ponytail, as he tries to gather her front hairs, his fingers graze over Adalyn’s cheek, gasping by the electricity shooting by their short touch Adalyn starts to blush. Trying his best to tie her hair, Jin keeps apologizing in case he hurt her "I hope that it looks okay"

"Thank you" trying to hide how his action has made her blush Adalyn looks down. "No problem. What are you doing" Picking up one of the testers, Jin turns to the wall "Ah are you testing out the colors" still remaining silent, he turns back to face her "Does this mean you are going to do the interior of this building?" surprised by the fact that he remembered her profession, Adalyn nods "Yeah I am" avoiding his mesmerizing gaze, she directs her attention to the wall "What color do you think would suit this room"

"I think this one looks nice" putting his finger on one of the colors, she quickly grabs his arm "It is still wet" quickly letting his arm go as her hands are also still covered by paint, both are looking down "Here" handing Jin a wipe for his hand. "I am sorry for your" quickly telling her it is okay, still worried about the stain it is going to leave. "You should soak it" Grabbing his arm again Adalyn carefully removes the paint she can.

Moved by her care, Jin studies Adalyn’s face as she is focused on his stained shirt. Trying to hold back from caressing her cheek, Jin looks down. Trying to control his emotions, he nods to her instructions. Finally letting go of his arm, her warm touch is still lingering.

As Jin has directed his attention to the room, the color in his cheeks has come down, who would have thought that she would grab his arm in that way. Shaking his head, knowing well that the dwell on any actions of her are pointless, but he can't help it. Wanting to take a quick glance at her, he catches Adalyn starring at him.

Both quickly looking away, they have both gone red. Standing nervously next to one another, Jin musters his courage "I hope to see you more often here" taken back by his comment, Adalyn’s heartbeat skips a beat. "That would be nice"

Watching the two standing next to one another Yoongi realizes that must be the girl Seokjin couldn't stop thinking about. Seeing how shy Jin has gotten, he want to give them space to talk but as he is about to leave, the other members are coming into their direction as well. Thinking fast, Yoongi yells out Jin's name "Hyung!" Walking towards the two, they automatically made more room between them. "We have been looking for you" The other arrive seconds after and are all looking at Adalyn.

"Is this your friend" helping Jin out, Yoongi introduces himself to Adalyn with the others greeting her soon after "Hyung we need to go" trying to get the other guys out of there Namjoon is also helping and tells Adalyn that is was lovely to meet her "Lovely to meet all of you as well"

"We should meet up sometime, are you new in Korea" Jimin still sticking around, is making Jin a little uncomfortable, "Yes, Jin you have her number right" dragging Jimin and Jungkook with him, Yoongi gives them one last wave.

Still looking in awe at them Adalyn is still processing what happened "Sorry" apologizing to her, his nek and ears going red, and his eyes looking down are giving away how embarrassed Jin feels. "Your friends seem nice" trying to ease his discomfort, hearing her compliment them is working to ease Jin down.

"I know it was a bit forward of them, but if you like we could all meet up some time" taking his phone out to take her number. While Adalyn is giving Jin her number a little smile forms on her lips. Watching how nervously Jin is entering her details.

"It was lovely to see you again Jin"

"Yes, Yes" chuckling at his cute and nervous responds Jin is mesmerized by Adalyn's genuine smile. So beautiful, the way her eyes spark a little. "It was really great seeing you again Adalyn"

As Jin walks away to join s, he turns around one last time to look at Adalyn. As she is watching him leave as well, he raises his hand to wave her goodbye. Leaving with a sense of happiness due to seeing her again, Adalyn is left there with a sad feeling.