Our first meeting

You love me? - I do.

Sitting in front of the mirror about to start her make-up, Adalyn is reminiscing about the past year. How extremely happy she was to continue her study, to make friends, but now that is all over. Dreading this day, Adalyn starts her make up. Knowing very well the freedom she enjoyed will be done from today on. Saddened by the thought of the probability of never seeing her friends again, the door opening, and the staff put some bags on her bed. She quickly blinks her forming tears away.

"Aren't you excited" Jaeho walks up to Adalyn, putting her hair behind her, she visibly stiffens up. Trying to hide her discomfort, she smiles "Of course I am". Still wearing her robe, Jaeho walks to the bags and points to all of them.

"I bought you a few graduations presents" Taking out a dress, Adalyn smiles "You shouldn't have" taking the dress to put it on, she steps out and he gasp "Baby you look beautiful" Getting out a necklace he stands behind her, to put the diamond necklace on.

"Aren't you happy with your presents" In the car ride to the graduation, Jaeho keeps reminding her, softly yet firmly holding her hand. "The best present you have given me is to continue my studying" Giving him a kiss, he smiles at her "Anything for you baby"

With all her friends being together Jaeho holds his arm tightly around Adalyn, not letting her go anywhere. "My parents are coming in a little bit" Whispering in her ear, Adalyn smiles at him "I am happy that they are coming" doubting for a second she tries to look innocently at him "Maybe we should just say high to my frie- I mean classmates... Then we won't have to talk to them the rest of the night" Looking down after making her request, he lifts her chin up to agree with her. Walking to them her friends greet them warmly, congratulating one another, Jaeho stays quiet, looking down onto them.

Smiling apologetic to her friends, Adalyn goes back to stand beside him. Wrapping his arm strongly around her, not talking to any of them he looks bored. "We should go and greet your professors" Talking loudly through the ongoing conversation Jaeho walks off first to the professors and greets them with a smile.

"I should go" Quickly walking behind him, her friends look concerned as she stands beside him to greet the professors. Thanking them for taking care of her, they tell him it was their pleasure. Telling her she was a great and successful student, taking the complement as his own, Jaeho is smiling proudly. Pressing a kiss on her head "I couldn't have been prouder of her"

After the whole graduation, the family in law is so proud of her. Taking photos of her. Thanking them for their support they all leave the university, sending the in-laws off first.

"Ady!" Her friends calling her out they run up to them "We are all going out for drinks, come" looking at Jaeho, he isn't even taking the trouble to look at them. Knowing he doesn't have to pretend anymore; he can finally treat according to their status. "Jaeho" Calling him out, he turns to face her, reading of his face, Adalyn nods. Understanding that they will not join them for drinks.

"Ow we are just inviting you. Not the chaebol" Jaeho turning to the voice, his eyes are ice cold. "Thank god you are not. But my wife isn't coming either. We already have an engagement of our standing to attend to." Grabbing his arm Adalyns eyes go bigger. Looking at the group, they are all taken back by his change in tone. "He is right. We already have an engagement to attend." Pleased by her responds "Jagi, the car is here"

Leading her to the car, he opens the door for her. looking one more time at her friends, she can't help but feel sad. Realizing she is never going to see them again; this part of her freedom is over. Getting in the car, Jaeho takes her hand. "You did good, now we go home have dinner and then we will go to the party"

Arriving back home, Jaeho goes off to answer a call and Adalyn goes of to the kitchen. As dinner is done, with the table set Jaeho approaches Adalyn. Trying to hide her discomfort, he softly presses a kiss onto her cheek "It smells great babe. You really are becoming an expert at Korean cuisine" thanking him for his complement. Adalyn starts to load in the dishes "when will the party be done?"

"We can leave at any moment" Having poured a glass of wine, Jaeho sits down at the kitchen island. "Maybe we" extremely nervous to ask her question, Adalyn can't hide the little shake in her voice "We ehm, can go to the party and then meet for the drinks we wer" Meeting his cold eyes, she immediately stops talking. "I-I am sorry" quickly apologizing, he smiles "I knew you understood. I also heard from my secretary that you wanted to ask me something, was this it?" taking a sip of his wine, Adalyn is nervous. Knowing well that she needs to ask this question correct.

"I got some job offers" nodding to her words, she walks slowly towards him. Sitting down next to him, she softly strikes his arm "I love being at home and taking care of our house, but this job offer is great. I will" Standing up and throwing his glass down, the shards flying everywhere and cutting her leg. Frightened by his reaction, she quickly goes down to clean the shards. "I am sorry baby." having cleaned the mess, Jaeho hugs her from behind. "I just love having you home, keeping our house homey." Seeing her cut, he quickly asks her to sit and gets out his little medical kit. "So clumsy" softly giving her a tick on the nose, Adalyn nods " I know. Thank god you are a doctor" Having cleaned her wound up, Jaeho presses a soft kiss on her forehead "Jagi we should change, otherwise we will be late.

Looking into the mirror, Adalyn has put on the other dress Jaeho has bought her. As he comes to get her, he wraps his arms around her "Aren't we a good looking pare" Stepping into the car, Jaeho doesn't pay Adalyn any attention, talking to the driver about his stocks. As she is looking out the window, Adalyn can't stop her heart from beating fast. Thinking if this is the way her life is going to be from now on, they arrive at the party. Posing for the photo's Jaeho kisses her "Don't worry so much jagi" Putting on a fake smile they take some more photos and head inside.

Still not able to shack off the scare of their earlier fight, Jaeho introduces Adalyn to some new people. "These are the Kims, there are his sons" Introducing her as his wife, the handsome face of the youngest son lingers on her, his eyes staring into hers. Pulling her to his friends, Adalyn takes one last glance at the handsome face, who is also still looking at her. After he gets distracted by his own friends and mingles with other businessmen Adalyn takes the change to get something to drink and sneaks out to the veranda.

Taking in the cool air, Adalyn gets scared by the figure sitting in one of the chairs. Her scream scaring him in return "I am sorry" Getting scared from her, they bow to one another. Getting out of the dark, Jin's face is softly lighted, blushing by seeing her again he bows one more time "Sorry, I should have made clear I was sitting in the dark"

"No.. No" Shaking her head, Adalyn tries to hide her red cheeks, not expecting to see the handsome guy again. "I am Adalyn"

"Yes I remember, we were introduced by your husband" Nodding to his remark, they both go silent. "Why are you outside?" trying to strike up a conversation Adalyn nervously starts off. Happy to hear her question, Jin looks down "I needed some fresh air. What about you?"

Turning to the view, Adalyns impression turns sad "I didn't feel that comfortable" answering honestly, Jin is taken back. Walking to stand beside her, looking out on the garden, he can see how she is looking down "Are they not treating you fairly?" Having a weird sense to take care of her, he is ready to go in and defend her, Adalyn shakes her head "No everyone is friendly... It is just." Looking at him, she gives an apologizing smile "I would like to be home, cozy. Do something with friends, then be here." Understanding how she feels, Jin nods "I understand, it can be quite a cold atmosphere." Taken back by how he understands her, Adalyn is starring at him. Catching her starring Jin turns red "I am sorry. You just completely get it." Quickly turning her gaze away, they stand in silent just looking at the dark.

Getting to know one another more, Adalyn has lost complete track of time. Taking out her phone chills go up and down her spine, 10 missed calls. Looking panicked, Jin asks her what is wrong. Worried about her he softly puts his hand on her shoulder "Are you okay?" Afraid that she is going to faint, he is looking at her closely. "I am fine" As they are standing close a grandpa walks out to the veranda as well and starts talking to them.

Knowing she can't leave and her phone going off, panic starts to ensue. As the discomfort grows, Jin tries to end the conversations with the grandpa. As adalyn is getting pailer and paler the worst happens. Hearing the door opening, she is wishing it to be a grandma, but hearing Jaeho's cold tone of voice, all color has left Adalyns face. As she is looking panicked at the drink in her hand as well. Jin notices how she has completely stiffened up by hearing her husband’s voice. Noticing how she is looking nervously at her glass; he moves a little closer to grab hers. As Jin grabbed her glass, Adalyn can't take a second to take his action in as Jaeho call her name.

"I hope you guys don't mind me stealing my wife back" Giving them a polite smile, Adalyn quickly grabs his hand. As they leave Jin still watches over her, giving him a little glance as they walk out, the soft smile and mouthing of thanks is enough to make Jin blush.

As Jaeho is still holding Adalyn’s hand tight, she softly tugs at it. Trying to ignore his eye cold gaze, she smiles at him "Ugh I thought I would never be able to leave" Grabbing his other hand as well Adalyn continuous "The old grandpa made it impossible for me to get out. I just wanted a quick breath of fresh air, but then they came and" Having fooled Jaeho he smiles, letting go of one of her hands, he strikes her hair back "I am glad that you paid the grandpa the respect he deserves. Good manners are good. Next time take me out with you" Nodding, he gives her a swift kiss.

Standing back by his friends, still holding hands, Adalyn heartbeat has finally slowed down. Happy to have been able to have calmed him down, trying to keep her focus as they are saying goodbye to his friends, Jin spots her as he is walking out to go home. Looking at her, he freezes up as she spots him to. As they stare at one another without blinking, Jin notices how beautiful she is. As he needs to go, he breaks the eye contact, but looks back mouthing nice to meet you he gives her one last smile before going home. Cursing at himself because he shouldn't, but he can't help to want to see her again.

Both going home in opposite directions Jin and Adalyn are both starring out their windows, glazing by the cars who they are passing, they reminisce of the earlier night. Where Jin can’t shake her of his mind, her shocked eyes, beautiful face are imprinted on his eyes. But what he can’t let go off the most is how sad she looks. Adalyn is thinking of her drink, how Jin helped her out. His little act of kindness has become unforgettable to her, but with Jaeho grabbing her hand, she quickly lets the thought of him go. She might be taken by his action, but her reality is forcing her to let any thought of him go.